I love space and astronomy so much, but I was born a poorfag...

I love space and astronomy so much, but I was born a poorfag, so ill never be apart of NASA or be a professor in the field, and i guess thats okay, i can still read about it and study it my whole life.

But how do i cope with the fact that i will not be a part of the generation that travels to other star systems?

Or even apart of the generation that dicovers other inhabited worlds or even colonizes other planets or moons.

Pic related, Enceladus above Saturns rings.
Enceladus both amazes me and mystifies me.

Other urls found in this thread:

thenakedscientists.com/HTML/podcasts/astronomy/space-boffins/
zooniverse.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=yTk-2lcHn38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just remember that there are dimensions here on earth that we still have yet to understand and cross into i.e. the spirit realm where ghosts come out of from time to time.

Lots is to be studied and known before we go outside earth.

Honestly it makes me sad, feel like I've been born in a time where exploration is near impossible. Wish I'd been born either way in the past or way in the future.

the military industrial complex/illuminati/bilderburgs/jews/rothschilds/etc have all had "anti-grav" ships since the 60s. they wont be in power much longer. we will see free energy, antigrav, and interstellar travel within our lifetime.

right now we are learning things about the universe we never even imagined just a few decades ago like exoplanets and dark matter etc.

That's something

imagine being a space fan in 1969 compared to today. The amount of media and information we have available now is mindblowing

and you CAN be part of it go download SETI@home or something

thenakedscientists.com/HTML/podcasts/astronomy/space-boffins/

There will allways be some opportunities for you, OP. Never give up.

>pic related

Funny thing is I was in a similar boat, except my parents called physics and astrophysics stupid and shamed me out of enjoying it.

Elon Musk hasn't failed yet, so don't lose all hope of being able to travel to a little Mars colony at some point.

Rejuvenation and immortality study is being funded by billionaires so just hold your breath and hope my dude.

what is SETI@home?

>SETI@home is an Internet-based public volunteer computing project employing the BOINC software platform, hosted by the Space Sciences Laboratory, at the University of California, Berkeley, in the United States. Its purpose is to analyze radio signals, searching for signs of extraterrestrial intelligence, and as such is one of many activities undertaken as part of the worldwide SETI effort.

all you need is a computer. Even your phone can run it

there are several Citizen science like that

I often have dreams where I am traveling through the Cosmos, seeing events and things that happen so fast and so small that they are thought to barely exist at all.

*sigh*

Born too late to explore Earth, and born too early to explore the Milky Way.

Humanity isn't ment for space travel just yet. There are still many obsticals we need to deal with before we decide to space travel.

stupid fuck

go here zooniverse.org/
it lets you take part in collaborative research projects. They've done projects like looking through raw data for things like exoplanets and new galaxies

But the part about suppressed technology is true. However the most we'll see in our life time is free energy.

I know this, and thats what gets me down when i think about it.

my descendants will most likely be alive when they travel to a new star system...and most likely they wont even appreciate it.

What evidence do you have to back this theory?
I want to believe you, but you sound like a conspiracyfag.

Actually, unless intelligent life is ridiculously rare, there should be a good chance that we'll find some within our lifetimes. And even if not, we'll still be able to find signs of other life if such exists in our stellar neighbourhood.

quantum mechanics is what enlightened me. he's right and the more people aware of it the sooner it happens.

>my descendants
kek

Not the poster but know this. They suppress technology for all the right reasons. Think of it as good outcomes done with bad deeds.

Imagine if some random group just gave out technology that's 200+ years ahead the worlds current technology. Remember people have the mentality to turn anything to a weapon.

So because youre born poor, youre gonna be poor forever? You sound like one of those beta black lives matter supporters.
Grow a sack of balls dude

that's what the military industrial complex does. it turns things into weapons. it has weaponed renewable energy sources by not disclosing them to the public.

That's not what weaponizing something is.

still it's aggressive and their intent is bad. it's obvious that there are very evil people in control. Soon they will be squashed like bugs.

There is no military industrial complex that does this as far as I'm aware of. The people who suppress these are people you call 'Elite'. You'd be surprised that even certain monks have used technology like that.

what makes you think being poor will keep you out of astronomy?

That's fine. Just don't conflate words or it weakens your argument and causes confusion.

No, i hate the stupid SJW bullshit, im traditional.

But, Im 27, never graduated cause so poor never had a car most the time, had to drop out to help feed family, never was able to obtain GED because they kept raising the cost for each test EVERY FUCKING YEAR, like $60 a test, and there are 7 tests where im from.
Truck recently shit the bed,
Got laid off from my jon,
Live with gf who makes loads of money,
Somehow fell into that hole where im the house bitch...
So the chances of getting a car, getting another nice job in my region and then getting my GED and then getting a degree somehow seems bleak...

LSD? DMT?

Buy a telescope and enjoy life as it is.
Cheers

>Live with gf who makes loads of money

so she pays the bills?

>$60 a test, and there are 7 tests where im from

a couple of paychecks at a shit job can get you this money

stop making excuses and do what you have to do or just keep being a loser

your choice

that is pretty bleak. i would suggest you go off the beaten path.

this. Sounds like you've got it made tbh. wish i had a sugar momma. also college is a scam. we have the internet now

Got one for around 300$ at the start, it's insane what you can see with it. I admit, I spent 4000$ more on astrophotography gear, but that's another story.

Don't do that. That stuff is so bad for your body. It leads to hospitalization and even death.

BTW, make sure you go out and buy my new line of alcohol from your nearest convenience store.

>college is a scam. we have the internet now

"Sure, I may not have a degree, but I have the internet. So, can I have a job, NASA?"

please tell me you are not OP

i'm saying we teach ourselves using the internet anyway. college is just paying to have people test you and tell you what to teach yourself. Most colleges don't even attempt to teach anymore.

i'm not saying you'd be getting a job anywhere without a degree haha. maybe some day.

Just get VR and play Star Citizen or Space Engine you filthy plebejan poorfag

This world is to demanding to get into even the simplest of jobs.

no

any jackass can flip burgers

You'd be surprised how many people fuck up doing a simple task like that.

You sound like an effing lunatic

i wouldn't be too surprised

there are a lot of stupid people out there

I used to work at a little cyber caffee(if that's how you spell it) and I once had a customer who attempted to 'download ram' on one of the computers.

Just goes to show how uneducated and possibly mentality handicap people are.

i'd rather be crazy than ignorant

From what I've witnessed, people who fuck up simple shit like that are usually pretty book smart.

>Has a master's degree
>Burns down the house preparing a bowl of Cheerios.

hey guys I'm dan! I'm a middle aged man that enjoys my-my's. I like "hanging" out here on fourchan with you younglings (it makes me feel younger and more alive since my wife left me). Anyways I found a picture of this goofy apple and I thought you guys would get a kick out of it! I sure did!

I forgot to mention, I named him Dan!
-Dave

but you said you were dan

that was a mistake! woops. laughing out loud!
-Dave

Op here,

There was once a day and a time where you could go to a place and shake a mans hand and look him in the eye and talk about working for him

now...
>get dressed up
>rehearse in the mirror
>clean shave
>fresh breath
>walk around town looking for work
>even a burger joint
>" you have to apply online sir "

EVERY FUCKING TIME

and because its so easy to post an application online then it means that there could literally be thousands of applicants for employers to weed through.

And do you think they do that? honeslty? FUCK NO.

They will let them stack up and hire the next big titted bimbo that walks throught the door.

I have wasted so much time because of how getting a job is now, even JUST GETTING NOTICED is hard.

And yes, iv applied at McDonalds and Burger King a hundred time and never once got a call back

>you need to bug them OP

Everytime i call them they say " we havent looked throught applications just yet but we will give you a call once we do sir "

Which its usually some nigger lady on the phone, that bitch aint going through applications. She's ganna hire her hoodrat friends Shayquanda

I wish I was a mod right now.

why?
-Dave

learn to meditate and astral project yourself

explore the universe, Sup Forumsro

go to pawn shops and non-corporate owned places.

if you can't get a shitty burger job then you need to ask yourself why

if you think it's because they only hire "big-titted bimbos" then you have never looked behind the counter at any fast food place, because they are often populated with some of the ugliest humans to ever walk the face of the earth

>
But how do i cope with the fact that i will not be a part of the generation that travels to other star systems?

>Or even apart of the generation that dicovers other inhabited worlds or even colonizes other planets or moons.

Our only hope is they create a way to upload our consciousness to some sort of digital media or infrastructure so that we may live forever.

It truly is upsetting that I will never get to experience being on another planet.

Looking back at the 1900's I see how technologically behind that era was compared to now. I simply can't imagine how we will look compared to 2100. And I won't even be able to witness it. :(

>and because its so easy to post an application online then it means that there could literally be thousands of applicants for employers to weed through.
>And do you think they do that? honeslty? FUCK NO

if you think your local fast food joints ever have thousands of apps to sort through and that they don't care about hiring good employees, then you are sorely mistaken

more excuses from OP to explain his sad sack status

These days its all about who you know user, its all about who you know.

You can get lucky and get randomly picked out of thousands, but you have to be incredibly lucky.

Every job i ever had was because i got the hook up.

haha i almost suggested this. i went with quantum mechanics as an entry point. Mainly because it provides scientific evidence that the world is not as mainstream science makes it out to be.

go to a company like Penmac or Manpower

they have temp jobs that often lead to permanent positions if you're not incompetent

i worked with Penmac for awhile, and my fellow Penmacers were the dumbest, dirtiest, scummiest people you can imagine

in any case, your gf makes good $$, so you just need to earn enough for that GED

Download Space Engine. Pretty good planetarium.

I have friends who used to be managers over fast food joints, they said the worst part about their job is discovering that you can get 80 online applications a day. And they only ever look through them if they immediately need to hire someone, and its usually a random person off the top of the pile.

Not making excuses, You are just one of the people who are in a better place and are talking down to folks who cant get a job,

There is a place here downtown called Labor Ready, but 80$ of the time you are sitting in a room waiting on someone too call the office and ask for help on a job.

And i got robbed there once for 5 fucking dollars because the only people who sit up there all day long are crackheads and hood rats.

Its so shameful to ask for anything, i used to be a provider..now im a dependent.

so you mean she would gladly pay for your GED?
and you're letting your pride get in the way?

LOL! Good advice for the whiny bitch

holy shit you triggered me beyond the spirit realm with your pseudo science bullshit.

I was born a poorfag and now work at NASA. Being born a poorfag doesn't mean anything.

yea..because thats like $420 id be asking for.

>works at NASA
>posts on Sup Forums

Yea okay, can you prove you work there ?

well just what the fuck do you have to be proud of?

just getting the GED could help you a lot when it comes to getting a job, so you could pay that back

Not really, no.

>ill never be apart of NASA or be a professor in the field

That's because you make excuses for your failures and don't work hard. People that work at NASA aren't like that and they don't want people that are.

>as far as I'm aware of

exactly. the majority of the public, including very high ranking government officials are kept in the dark about all of this.

Yes I can actually. Wait here while I Google a picture of me at work.

I'm still a neckbeard and all, but I managed to actually work my way into there. I have the personality of a Sup Forums user but work there

well that's all the proof i need

That might explain why there are so many fuck ups

>Watchman quotes
>Meme quotes
Full of original content.

Back to tumblr, tumblrfag

working at NASA would suck anyway. you'd be a PR stunt doing BS work. If you want to do something exciting i doubt NASA is where you should be looking.

Check the kek

Hi OP, I'm an actual astronomer/astrophysicist that has worked for NASA in the past. The truth is, we aren't going to other star systems any time soon. We'll be lucky if we even get to Mars in our lifetimes.

The general public responsible for electing our politicians just don't see the value in space exploration anymore. Every time someone comes up with a cool idea it inevitably gets abandoned because it costs too much, or we have to cripple the original idea because the government doesn't want to pay for it. Just ask people you know - most people will say "why are we spending a few billion dolalrs on this new telescope when we could feed the poor instead?", not realizing that the sapce program's budget is a miniscule fraction of the total government budget.

Just siphon even 5% of the military's budget into space research and we'd all be amazed at what we can accomplish. But it'll never happen because most people consider the pursuit of knowledge just a hobby nowadays and only ideas that make money are important for society to pursue.

Is that photo legit? i've been looking for this kind of device

space isnt real were on a flat earth

I have to leave this classic here.
CRANK IT UP
youtube.com/watch?v=yTk-2lcHn38

Your ass is a flat earth.

prove you've worked NASA

well i guess in the f ace of this hard evidence we have no choice but to pack it in boys. No more space research, it's not real (user et al. 2016).

The military took over the space game. NASA is just an old PR stunt

i call bullshit

some liberal who is using this opportunity to bitch about the scope of military spending, most likely

seems to be

how? I don't have my badge or any of the W2s etc anymore. I worked in the ISR-1 division at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in a joint NASA-DOE position. This was almost a decade ago