Is beer considered uncultured man's drink in your country?

Is beer considered uncultured man's drink in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchikamizake
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, vodka is

tho people still drink it because it's the best booze in terms of price/quantity/alcohol percentage

yup

some beer can make the bitterness taste good

our tastes are screwed up by the constant sweets but generally beer can be quite tasty after a hard day's work

Some brands like Kronembourg, 1664 or Heineken are (though as a general thing, beer is not higly considered if it's not some hipster microbrewry that brew 5 cans of super special limited stuff once a year).

Plus France is quite a special snowflake, and you have tons of piss-flavored cheap wines that are considered as the ultimate pleb-drunkard-cyrhosis-candidate drinks.

>bitterness taste good

It's not that the bitterness tastes good, it's just that you learn not to be a pleb and enjoy the bitterness. It's like how normies get just get sad when their dog dies but how patricians learn to appreciate even negative feelings.

or it could taste like literal shit
there is an art to the beer not just because being bitter = good

Gin is pretty good and sour beer is pretty tasty although the stomach aftermath is devastating.

It's usually the drink of the youth.
It's also the homeless drink.

Nah. Only if it's in a can and you drink from said can.

no. beer is considered cultured. the uncultured man drinks long drink and vodka with energy drink and rum/cola.

Fucking yes. Even if you drink something from, quoting ,
>some hipster microbrewry that brews 5 cans of super special limited stuff once a year
Furthermore, in my area people see you as an alcoholic if you drink beer, even if just the right amount, but have no problems if you are passionate about wine.

>some beer can make the bitterness taste good
story of me life

yeah p. much this, if you drink alcohol mixed with energy drinks or cola you're pretty much either a girl, a teenager or a manchild.

I hate most beer and all vodka.
They both taste terrible.
Whiskey, on the other hand, I do like.

Sidenote: people who like sharp, bitter beverages are more likely to be psychopaths.

To anyone who possesses any real knowledge of beer and experience of its consumption to any reasonable degree, it is, without a doubt, the truth that American beer is superior to British beer in nearly EVERY category.

glad you brought it up. it would've been much easier to just say on my part that if you drink mixed drinks you're a pleb extraordinaire
stick to beer, wine, whiskey, vodka, whatever really makes your tastebuds feel good and you're cool.

Depends on the beer. Cheap brands and generic lagers are widely recognised as rubbish for people with no taste.

At least here in Curitiba, the uncultured drinks are spirits (vodka, cheap cognac, rum). Beer is something for casually drinking with friends and wine is considered by some a "fancy drink" and by others "the booze you drink while eating".

>nearly EVERY category
WUT??
They both are famouse for their bitterness. I agree APAs beers are better than usual ales, but prefer IPAs. Anyway, what's the point? British beers are far from being considered the best.

lager is generally considered the uncultured man's drink
swill like stella, fosters, heineken, carlsberg, etc.

ales, stouts, bitters, weissbiers, are regarded fondly

This, honestly.

Praticamente ninguém sabe o que é Curitiba fora do país...

Even then, I assume those habits are different depending on the place. For example mineiros have access to good-quality rum (cachaça de salinas), unlike us, so I'd assume it isn't seen as "cheap booze" there.

Stouts and ales are western or hipster trash; clearly nobody in this thread has tried real lager. Don't even get me started on pleb shit like Heineken and San Miguel, or America's sorry excuse of a 'Budweiser'.

The only decent britbong beer I've tasted was a knockoff of the objectively best beer in the world, Pilsner.

Protip: if it's not brewed in České Budějovice (Budweis) it's not Budweiser, and if it's not brewed in Plzeň (Pilsen) it's not Pilsner.

No, beer is the common drink, but for the uncultered ones, sugar cane liquor is the choice

m8 don't get me wrong, i like a good pilsner but writing off entire types of beer like ale and stout is just retarded

>The only decent britbong beer I've tasted was a knockoff of the objectively best beer in the world, Pilsner.
also this is says more about you and what little taste you have in beer than it does about our beer desu

Weird thing about being a real man there tojo, you don't really care what people think you. You do what you enjoy and you don't look for another's approval.

>beer served lukewarm
>no head
>that'll be 5 pounds please

ebin

thanks for proving you don't actually know anything about beer
shame being that your cunt does produce the best lager

>all beer tastes kind of bad
dude wtf, i might be an alcoholic, but i find beer the nectar of the gods

>only decent britbong beer
it was pic related

i know enough; i know that warm horse piss doesn't taste very nice. especially when i can order 6 glorious cold pints of Svijany for the same cost.

>timothy taylors
>knock-off pilsner
what the fuck am i reading la

landlords is a pale ale, nothing at all like a pilsner
and it's certainly not a knock off

you quite literally don't know what you're fucking chatting about

I thought ireland was known for its beer though

you guys are full of shit. all of them cost the same so it is a matter of preference. today lager tomorrow ale, who gives a shit.

Like 50 years ago beer was being pushed as the superior alcoholic drink, compared to the native fermented beverage. They promoted it as more hygienic, with no side effects and even healthy, while "chicha" was branded as responsible for impulsive, violent and outright stupid behavior.

The campaign was a succes, and the relatively new Bavaria beer company grew to become one of the most valuable assets of one of the oldest and more powerful conglomerates of the country.

Now the uneducated masses drink a beer comparable to piss, and whiskey is considered to be great because it's expensive.

Fucking faggots, poisoning themselves.

>"chicha" was branded as responsible for impulsive, violent and outright stupid behavior.
so is this true or not?

what does price have to do with anything? also they don't cost the same, generic lager is cheap as (and tastes like) piss, whereas a nice ale will cost twice as much and even moreso if it's a higher percentage

the point is that pisswater like budweiser or carlsberg is the drink of the uncultured man; the point of the thread

It's booze. It has alcohol. It does the same in this regard as wine or beer.

I kinda agree traditionally made chicha de jora isn't quite hygienic though. (It's fermented using saliva.)

If you're drinking keystone or busch or something, yes

Different story for craft beer and all that

Nope, some kind of local city or foreign import beer is actually the more "adult" drink, typically just to chill out and have one or two.
Stuff like vodka, everclear mixed with anything, and any kind of shots are the uncultured "never grew up" drinks, but it's usually women who drink this so no one cares.

>using saliva

hot

>fermented using saliva
kek nice. i guess it is faster this way:

In some cultures, instead of germinating the maize to release the starches therein, the maize is ground, moistened in the chicha maker's mouth, and formed into small balls, which are then flattened and laid out to dry.[3] Naturally occurring ptyalin enzymes in the maker's saliva catalyses the breakdown of starch in the maize into maltose

Yeah, same reason a piece of bread you leave at your mouth for enough time becomes sweet.

There's also a chicha-like drink made chewing cassava meal, called cauim, but I think only tribal Amerindians drink it.

we got something like that also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchikamizake

Nein.

no,

seco is

its based on cane sugar

theres also a thing called chicha which is corn fermented with spit and battery acid

Noice.

After some googling, I've found only the girls were supposed to chew it. Same happens with chicha and caium, both are made by the women only.

>battery acid
What the fuck Panama.
Return to your home, your mother is worried. We don't want you to end like Venezuela nii-san.

> qt anime 3d waifus fermenting my drink
one can dream