Sup Forumsros, i need your help getting over something. There's someone i've been friends with for years...

Sup Forumsros, i need your help getting over something. There's someone i've been friends with for years, and we're close friends, so i started to like her. I asked her out, and of course got rejected. I have no problem with the getting rejected part, and i still want to be able to chill with her. However, there's still a part of me that wants to date her, and it's seriously depressing me. How do i go about stopping the part of my brain that still is attracted to her? (without cutting her out of my life completely)

well, you can try again, or you could stay away for a while. You know, if you talk to her every day... just stop that, skip a couple of days, start a new project, try meeting new people. If you keep close to her, like, to close, the feeling will never die, on the contrary, it will grow.

>
How would i explain it if i basically just try to avoid her? Do i just directly tell her i need to stop hanging out so much? Because i really don't want to do that, i'm very bad at those types of confrontations

If she's your close friend then she should be understanding in that you should be able to tell her that you're going to stay out of her life for a while until you get your wits about you and become ok with her being just a friend.

Get busy with something. Then they'll be no reason to lie about it.

Or maybe just tell her you need a time to 'kill the feeling'.

There's a few scenarios here.

One, you cant be as close of a friend with her. You distance yourself. Not cut her out but distance herself. She will notice (or maybe she wont), and if she does you say, "I'm sorry. I just find you extremely attractive. Everything you do from your smile to the way you eat spaghetti (something you've notice that no one would have noticed) and just being rejected like that is just... I dunno... You're an amazing person and there's part of me that wants to be friends with you but there's the other part that knows I want to be friends because I just want to be around you but it hurts whenever I see you smile. I'm sorry, but I dont know if I can be friends with you."

From there she'll want to be with you or she wont.

What have you got to lose? A friend? Sorry to break it to you, but you wont be friends for much longer.

>you wont be friends for much longer.

i needed that

Yea dude im going through the same thing i dont know dude, I didnt talk to her for 1 month no chats no reallife talks but still to this day i think about her. But i mean i LOVE her. Just meet new people start talking to more people dont think about her dont imagine scenarios where you would be with her. Live your own life dont give a fuck about her. If you travel by bus or smth. talk to people you commonly see in school.

Not OP, but why can't they be friends? I don't get it.

She knows you like her and you want to fuck her right in the pussy. so thats why. or at least my opinion

friends are telling me to move on and look to other females or possible gf, but i really can't. I'm not interested in anyone else really...

Friendship is ruined. Delete her number and move on.

>girl i was friends with 2 yrs ago msgs me on facebook
>didnt want to fuck 2 yrs ago
>wants to meet up next night
>fuck like bunnies
>girl no longer wants to talk to me
Guess i shouldve bought her breakfast instead of just fucking her and leaving in the morning. Oh well, number deleted... again..

Easy, you just date someone hotter. A lot of times we want what's right in front of us. I guarantee if you find a chick with a nicer ass, or is great at bjs, or squirts or something like that, they will eclipse your original friend. Just be careful because when this happens, that original friend will now try to fuck you right in the dick.

why the fuck do girls do this?

especially ex's

Because they live off of attention.

Im going through the same thing and i dot think there was a day that i didnt think about her but life doesnt stop here go on live your life. We all have some destiny we just need to find it.(Pic related)

here's the deal: i'm not really attractive. Not fat, but not in shape. Plus i look like i'm 16, and she's argueably out of my league. I think i'm like a 4/10 (low self esteem ftw) but my friends say i'm a 6 or 7 (if i wasn't out of shape)/10

what does it do for them?

get them off haha?

We've all been there buddy. But life goes on, and sometimes it's best to let it go user.

this guy knows whats best

as a male when is it not best to move on and let go?

>let it go
two responses:

1. of life? i want to

2. fuckin frozen piece of shit

and trust me it will not go well if you start to do creepy things like cheking her FB or other things like nonstop and if she will et with someone else then you will start to be jelous and start creeping on him and will try to destroy their relationship . I will just become worse

i'm not that creepy, and if she started dating someone, i'd prob self destruct and fuck myself up, not her or her (potential) bf

They don't even have to be hotter, they can be cooler. A girl that is more chill and plays vidya or likes anime will easily replace this girl. She only seems awesome because she's the closest female in your life.

Makes them feel important and special. Which is essentially what we all want. They just achieve it through shallow means.

>frozen
It's an expression you dumbass, and I'm not going to stop using it just because of a fucking movie.
>of life?
of her.