Can someone please tell me what this is. I came across this pretty deep in the forest. It's about 30 feet long...

Can someone please tell me what this is. I came across this pretty deep in the forest. It's about 30 feet long. Can anyone help me figure out what this was used for

Probably some sort of tiller

toothbrush

Way too big, with too small of teeth for tilling I would think. This thing is enormous.

Bark stripper?

I think you are on to something, does seem like its more for bark than dirt.

Looks like a Frankenstein tiller made from random vehicle parts and scrap metal.

Stump grinder?

stump grinder?

whats on the other end?

What's the other end look like.... I'm thinking some sort of specialized home made airator or tiller

Where are you? What forest?

It almost looks like one of those land mine clearing things they used to put on tanks during ww2.

For lynching undesireables

killing city folk

getting mixed raced couples to move out

I use that to grind up dead bodies.

it's for exploding mines from a safe distance.

front end of a steam punk sno sled

Considering its in mint condition I would advise you to quickly and quietly get out of that Forrest. The people who use that tool generally aren't the most forgiving types when discovered.

wondering about this too also maybe the person is like a hermit crab and this killing tool became to small for him so he shed it and has an upgrade

Looks like a hay bail elevator to get the hay into the second floor of a barn.

No idea what it is, but it's used for ethnic cleansings

I don't see any reason for it to be 30 feet long and heavy if its for killing or torturing people. Seems very clear the length would suggest trees.

Pic related

this, OP pis is the top end, the little teeth use to have/can attach long tines, like a baleing fork

Probably nailed it.

pretty sure that came from the add on Yuri's Revenge for RA2

Stump grinder or hay bail elevator. Judging by the gears it's not going mach-90 so I'll go with hay bail elevator.

or enthusiastic craftsmanship hasn't died

That my friend is a murderfucker weapon.

its a hillbilly rape trap, duh

Elevators don;t have that massive toothed thing at teh bottom, though. They just have the chains going up with little tiny teeth to catch in the hay.

Congratulations op you've found a drug farm. Now you should run

That died in the metal shortages of ww2

Reasonable explanation or murder toothbrush stump grinder. You decide

Im in the US, no landmines or militia here. It's definitely not mint either. This is old. The other end just has another differential. No houses or barns for many miles. There is absolutely nothing around this thing. Total isolation. Im thinking something to do with wood.

Post a pic of the whole thing Faggot not just the headpiece

Man. Rock and a hard place.

I'm wondering what's opposite the largest cogged wheel. Looks kinda like a pto mount.

OP, give us the real story.

okay then it's settled it's a murder device

They're all different, depending on the ties or direction of the hay, the teeth probably ensured no hay bales got stuck at the top.

thanks, OP.

How about a full shot with everything?

That seems like it could connect to a pto shaft from a tractor.

Whole thing is cobbled up. Someone had the need for something.

conveyor for logs, the conveying chain with the teeth is missing. its just heavy chain like 100 conn with teeth or spikes that bite the logs and take it up.

I think its for cutting and processing lumber.

There is no place for the hay to ride like the picture you posted. You can see where a large chain ran down the middle to turn the wheel.

Well, I've only used a few, but for someone to add that welded death trap at the top (or bottom) for hay bales, it doesn't make sense to me.

this is my fave so far.

Could be a log rail missing the center chain. need to see the other end and/or whole thing.

The spoke in the dead center in the second pick looks like it moves a belt all the way down the machine. I'm going with elevator.

This. This right here.

this.

Me too, but not for hay.

Hive mind. Woah.

Teeth are used to drive the chain. is this some kind of joke? every on pretending to be blind in this thread?

tiller? no. why would someone try to plant crops in the woods?
hay bail elevator? no. why would someone be lifting and moving hay bails in the woods?
It has to be some kind of logging tool. Nothing else would make sense.

I don't think that tiny motor could move logs, but maybe.

Elevator for logs?
Teeth to grab onto the wood?

Its for bomb defusing ^^

Im thinking you're heading the right direction

That is not a motor. It is the the gear box where the shaft of a power take off would connect.

I mean the little dorsal fin teeth welded on to the welded together car rim looking thing. Those aren't drive teeth.

That massive wheel with the little shark fin teeth on it gets spun while a chain is moving up the elevator. something (I'm thinking logs) get grabbed with those first teeth, and then move up the "belt."

That isn't a tiller or bark stripper. It looks nigger rigged together. Probably some sort of failed invention.

Pic related. Just not complete

Fuck im retarded

op, that's worth some decent cash, btw...

all you got to do is figure out how to get it out of there.

a 1/2 horse power motor is all that's needed. its called gear reduction my friend

It's obviously a stick you retard

yeah, but that's for cordwood. They don;t have the massive flail wheel on the bottom like op has.

I looks like a rare early version of the Ohmibod clitoral stimulator unit. Probably worth like $10 on ebaby just for the historical value!

OP It might not be related, but ask in /out/ or /diy/

Could be used with a chipper for pulping.

How do we know its worth $? We're not even sure what it is

>30 feet long

worlds longest stick found!

This is close to what it may be. it is missing the sides and the center chain.

Hmmm... I like where this is going.

Cuz it's a bunch of good steel with a bunch of good parts. I'm sure OP will drag it back to his place, get out some PB Blaster, and get that shit working NICE.

That's getting real close.

Also the pics are not very good and it could be upside down.

stump grinder

This is a good example of how these work.

ooh, ooh.

If we were seeing the top, then those little teeth could grab a log and pull it right off. I just don;t like the gearbox up there. Seems like the gearbox would be on the ground.

It's not a stumpgrinder. those teeth would be gone in minutes.

The way the teeth are would definitely work as the top, And the gearbox has a shaft that would be going down towards the motor to drive it

>ITT: kids trying to figure out farm equipment

Preach, brother.

Lel I thought this too

Always one nigger that doesnt like fun

Sorry these pics suck and I don't have a full shot,but its right side up. You can see there are wheels and they are on the ground

Quite true. you can't see it in this pic but it is very likely.

OP, can you get us a shot of the other end, or the whole thing? I'd like to figure out what this piece of farm equipment is in this thread.

Bump

Last bump
Are we going with solved?

I was right

Well, I'm not pleased.

I need more pictures, and more data.

I will walk back out there tomorrow for more pictures. The other end has another differential gearbox and there are roller gears for the chain every few feet. These are the only markings i could find. Mudd Co roller bearing.

I see no wheels

Hot dog. Well, that's progress, at least.

I'm still interested in a shot with the whole thing visible, if you can manage that.

Very top of the picture. Tires are flat

get on my level

i don't know what is that but looks like pretty cool

Its a old-fashioned vibrator