Why is western Europe more prone to right wing populism and southern Europe is more prone to left wing populism?

Why is western Europe more prone to right wing populism and southern Europe is more prone to left wing populism?
Southern Europe: PODEMOS, SIRIZA, 5 stars, various commies in Turkey
Western Europe: True Finns, Swedish democrats, UKIP, AfD. National front is the only popular leftist populist party there but it was right wing in the past.

Probably because the mainstream is more left in Western Europe

Did you just include turkey in a list of European countries retard ? Are you stupid everything you said was wrong. How are northern countries western Europe

>turkey in a list of European countries retard
Many people include it, as well as Russia.
>How are northern countries western Europe
They don't really differ culturally.
Maybe. But the rise of right wing forces worldwide, from ISIS to Trump has it roots in people tired of globalization and liberalization of the planet. But in some areas people support left wing forces (who are anti-globalist, yes, but very liberal). Why is it happening?

That's a legit question, actually.

>National front
>leftist
u wot m8

Because their countries aren't getting flooded by wild animals (think of it like orcs vs elves).

I don't know about the rest but for our is more since for years the government was right wing so as a reaction the opposition tent to the left
That said, M5S can barely considered left wing

In democracy: "we need a strong State! We need a right-wing potatoship!"
In right-wing potatoship: "we need to kill this fascist State! We need left-wing potatoship!"
In left-wing potatoship: "we need personal freedoms! We need a democracy!"

Now check which one were the last potatoships of Southern Europe. Salazar, Franco, Mussolini, the Greek suicidal butcher junta...

Fuck I forgot I'm in Spain now
I was talking about Italy

People are poorer here so it is more popular to be anti- upper class rather to be anti- political correctness.

Also there's isn't that much political correctness. Especially compared to the USA and Northern Europe.

Also MS5 isn't really left wing

>Podemos
That shitty party isnt even the second politician force in Spain and the right wing (PP) won again the elections.
t.spanish in Poland

Because we are poor as shit

They are not right wing anymore. Their economical program has always been left wing actually, and in the last 5 years Marine has exiled all the real right wingers from the party. They have nothing against gay marriage anymore, they are anti-racist etc. They supported Catholicism in the past, now they are secularist. The only right wing ideas they handle now are anti-immigration opinions and independent France our of EU.
Nice meme, but there are many immigrants too, and West don't get as many immigrants as you had in 60s-70s so I don't think that current populism wave is really linked to immigration. You have been receiving pretty same amount of immigrants since 80s after 70s immigration boom and people didn't care much about it. I really think this wave stems from liberalization and globalization of planet at all. India has elected nationalists, Turkey has Erdogan, ISIS all over the MENA, Putin has turned orthodox Taliban mode, Trump won the elections in USA, Theresa May is in charge in Britain. All the countries are very different, India, Russia and Turkey are more emigrant than immigrant countries, for example.

>The only right wing ideas they handle now are anti-immigration opinions and independent France our of EU.
those are pretty right wing ideas desu. their extreme nationalism combined with flexible politics in other areas doesn't make them left-wing, it puts them in the same category as people like donald trump, and maybe even interwar european fascists.

We are way poorer than you yet there are literally no serious left forces in Russia at all.
>M5S can barely considered left wing
Well, environmentalism and antiglobalism are pretty left wing things.
Btw it's very funny when I read western analytics claiming "liberal world we had since WWII is falling". Shit, Franco has gone only 30 years ago and Italy had 20 years of Berlusconi, there was Balkan war in 90s, they had Thatcher and Reagan all the 80s who were right wingers (and world at all was pretty right wing in 80s) and that's the West, I would not even mention numerous fascist dictatorships all over the world which comprise majority of the countries.

UKIP isn't right wing!

>those are pretty right wing ideas desu. their extreme nationalism
Nationalism can be left, there is nothing special about it, and I would not call it extreme, it's not even ethnic nationalism. They are liberal on social issues and leftist in economy, it's a definition of leftist party. Nationalism in foreign affairs is very often combined with leftism inside the country, it's unusual only in Europe. Leftists from other regions are often nationalists. Fillon is way more right wing than FN.

Because we have been fucked by leftists for the past few decades so we are finally standing up against the marxist snake.

>5stelle
>left
they are literally fascists

>they are anti-racist
Wait what?

Italy here

M5S are a weird bunch of fascist, tin foil hat idiots, communist teenagers and edgy fedoras. It's hard to define them a political party, and it's ven harder to say if they're right, wing or centre. And the worst thing of all, with our govt. losing that stupid referendum, they could win the next election. Italy will either become a european version of Kirchner's Argentina (in the "best" case) or Chavez' Venezuela (in the worst case). Either way, the EU will be fucked.

I wish we could have a Podemos in Italy too ;_; Pablo Sanchez is cute desu. IƱigo Errejon looks like he's a cunt

t. joni-viljami 16v

that image is bullshit, nordic men can have their pick of any women in the world.
Nordic women also prefer nordic men, and a minority prefer african men if they want exotic option.