Kane taking all corners

>Kane taking all corners
>Sterling playing when he's shit
>Vardy on the bench for 90 minutes

When is this useless sack of shit getting fired?

>have a 6'2 striker
>put him on corners and have midgets like Sterling in the box

In 2 years time we'll win since woy will be dead

>Kane taking all corners

I also wonder why they didn't take Kane off after ~70 minutes when he had run tired

Fall back and secure while having Vardy just running and causing problems in the Russian back line

ez 2-0 on the counter

>let's blame roy for smalling being a dopey cunt

Because he's a billy big bollocks who thinks he can do it all.

I think people are blaming him for not playing Vardy alongside Kane. Vardy could have gotten to Rose's crosses, and Kane would have been able to get a shot on goal if he had more space.

>not playing your best XI in a test match in a major tournament
cunt deserves to be sacked on the spot

Why are you assuming that Kane even wants to take corners? He's a striker, wouldn't it make more sense for him to want to score?

is there any reason why sterling should play ahead of vardy? im 99% certain vardy can play that role so much more effectively than sterling

and its not like sterling offers anything defensively/tracking back, so you couldnt even make that argument

lallana you could make an argument for since his pressing off the ball is good

>ifs and buts

If Smalling hadn't fagged about like the gormless cunt he is, no one would be blaming Roy for not playing le memester.

Ah, you're one of those spackers who plays too much vidya and doesn't understand the concept of team.

If he doesn't, then don't.

>is there any reason why sterling should play ahead of vardy?
No. Sterling is just shit all round, he's slow, indecisive and can't even pass well.

>can't cross the ball
>can't shoot
>can only contribute to a team by running half a yard into box and diving

Sterling being in the England team at all is a joke desu senpai

>im 99% certain vardy can play that role so much more effectively than sterling
Has Vardy ever played as a left winger? Not that Sterling should be, but that doesn't mean you should jam someone in there.

>brings Milner on

All three forwards were shit in the second half and Rooney was actually good. Those subs were awful. And Milner too.

Vardy is not good on the wing. He can't cross a ball for shit, at least what I gathered from the games where he's played on the wing.

Not that Sterling can either, mind. Sturridge might be better there, but I'd much rather play two capable forwards than two shit wingers.

>lose to Wales
>lose to Slovakia

BUT WAIT

>1 point is enough to get out of the group
>brave England make the knockout stages
>embarrased by a good team
>still better than last time though
>progressing nicely
>new 4 year contract for Hodgson

I've played team sports for 11 years and I have never heard of a manager putting out a second team in a major tournament if the game isn't a dead rubber. If, for example, Gatland played Dan Fish against England in the World Cup he'd have been rightly pilloried.

Milner didn't do anything wring, tbf.

It's gonna happen.

It wasn't a second team. Stop talking shit, you imbecile.

>It's a Danny Rose just spanks the ball into the box without even looking episode

>morons defending Woy
wew lad

Roy didn't watch the ball loop over his head and do fuck all.

Rose's crosses were pretty good, it's just that Kane is too slow to get on the end of them and Sterling just didn't feel like it or didn't know how to (like that one where he should have ran to the near post). If only England had a player who could run fast and was also good at finishing...

Then why even play with wingers? Just play 4-4-2 with Kane and Vardy up top, and let Rose and Walker provide width the way they do for Spurs and did today anyway.

Would you pick that XI to play in the final?
No. You need to play your best team together so they learn to work and gel together under pressure
The All Blacks ran a system for a few years where they had a very large amount of rotation between games and as pretty much as soon as they dropped it the team became the most dominant in rugby history
What Woy is doing is cheapening caps and weakening team cohesion

You're claiming it's a second team. It isn't. Really not difficult to understand.

Are you an American on holiday here?

It shouldn't have come to that anyway, it's fucking Russia. If one mistake is the difference between winning and not winning against minnow opposition you're doing something very wrong

This. Probably tried a few corners in training that all came off, and now wants to be the corner taker. Reminds me of Walcott trying to be Arsenal's free kick taker.

>You need to play your best team
Yes, not necessarily your best players, see. 1966.

>and now wants to be a corner taker

I doubt it. He probably wants to be in the box, where he can score. If Kane wanted to be a corner taker, he would have made a big deal out of it at Spurs and probably taken some, but he never did.

Alright, I shouldn't have used the term second team, but it certainly wasn't the best team we have. Woy is pissing about with the team too much, you need to pick a starting XI and formation for the tournament and fucking stick with it.
Again to use a rugby analogy, it's the same shit Stuart Lancaster did.

Exactly my point. Walker was MOTM for me, tonight.

Dier
Rooney Wilshere
Alli
Kane Vardy

is the way to go.

Yes, and this team was neither.

England played the best they have in donkeys. They just got unlucky.

Russia aren't a bad team. Sure they aren't 2007/2008 standard Russia, but defensively they're pretty sound as they shown tonight and their keeper is an exceptional talent.

>He probably wants to be in the box
Then why isn't he, you fucking spastic? He will make the decision the take corners.

>They just got unlucky.

standard

We don't even know our best team. You certainly don't.

>they're usually shit so its ok

Kane and Vardy don't work up top together.

>England played the best they have in donkeys.
Yeah, they've been dogshit since Woy took over

>Then why isn't he, you fucking spastic?

Probably because the manager told him to take corners. If the players got to make these decisions, I'm pretty sure that Rooney would have been playing as a striker and Alli would have just ran around punching opposing players in the face.

>We don't even know our best team
That's the problem you daft plum. Hodgson has been in charge for 4 years and two major tournaments and we still don't what our best team is?

If Roy wasn't going to play Vardy why didn't he just unleash him on the Russian fans?

>only goal from a setpiece gained from a dive
>we were just unlucky la Woy dindu nuffin

How many games have they played together? I only saw them against Portugal, when it looked like they were basically playing on either side of Rooney. It would probably work differently if they were playing ahead of Alli.

> but defensively they're pretty sound as they shown tonight

We had possession like what ...70% of the match?

We were taking shots all throughout the first half. Everyone failed.

Russia's defence was crap. England's ability to score a fucking goal is even worse.

>Probably because the manager told him to take corners
Then Kane can say no, and the manager can't do shit.

Or Kane can spoon them like he continues to do in the actual game and convince Roy he's poor.

No way is it not Kane's decision though.

Why the fuck did Lallana play the entire game? His shooting was mind-blwoingly pathetic.

I've been wanting Hodgson out ever since the World Cup and I kind of want us to do badly so everyone realises that this senile old coot needs to go.

>Russia's defence was crap.

Our only goal came from a direct freekick 18 yards out.

Everything we threw at them they mopped up with ease, anything that got through was met by Akinfeev. They were organised, discipled and structured.

Claiming their defence was crap is the most stupid fucking shite I've read by a non-Ameritard on here.

I legitimately went to high school with Milner, Horsforth school in Leeds, so proud he's on the international stage, not surprised at all that he falls over trying to do a simple tackle as soon as he's on.

Rose literally just smacked the ball as hard as possible without looking

>Everybody is on the edge of the box
>I'll smack the ball towards the GK at 50mph

Yes, because your offence was pathetically bad, especially during the second half. Kane was literally the worst player on the pitch but I guess he's untouchable for some reason.

> ITT: Brits are destroying themselves
> IRL: Brits will destroy themselves in a fortnight

What a time to be alive.

Being the league's top scorer will do that for you

Vardy only one goal behind tho

>Yes, because your offence was pathetically bad

Not really. We had plenty shots OT blocked, or denied by their keeper.

If the keeper is blocking all your shots with such ease then it's not good offence.

>offence

Are you the American on holiday here?

Literally every shot apart from the goal was straight at the GK. Any idiot could have saved the shots tonight.

Rashford is needed. if he plays england wins

You had 5 shots on target. 3 of them were straight at the keeper, and only 1 of them was from your striker.

>i am blind

Okay, m8

Sums it up. England is shit in football.

>I think people are blaming him for not playing Vardy alongside Kane
that's idiotic, the team played well. 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 aren't the best formations to play and the team didn't play well in the latter.

Russia looked worse than any other team we've seen so far this tournament, including Albania. They offered nothing, but came away with a point

do you think rooney shouldn't have been taken off? he looked tired, plus wilshere played well.

>blitz qualifying
>can't score in the tournament
>concede through freak goal or horrific defensive blunder which costs them the match

standard tournament for the England fan

>not playing rashford
>playing kane or any spuds choker at all
Eat shit Woy

>Why the fuck did Lallana play the entire game?
who would you have played instead?

>It's Smalling's fault Englel only scored 1 goal

We're losing the battle off the pitch lads, need to make a few subs and get back into the game.

someone give me a news link regarding english fans being thrown under a train in Marseille

A "spude choker" scored England's only goal and saved their asses when Rooney lost the ball in the middle of the field......

He's a big guy.

>Are you the American on holiday here?
Are you stupid?

who was MOTM?

lol

We are.

We show a lot of promise when the pressure is off, then capitulate at the difficult times.

We never seem to learn though and it's all fair and well blaming Roy like the idiots do, but the players need to have a good look at themselves.

fucking glad i had better things to do than shitpost on Sup Forums during the match desu. you're fucking mongs

Attack-wise, yes , they were poor.

Defensively though, they were good. They clearly tried to play a counter-attacking game with that big bugger Dyuba holding up play. It just never really worked for them.

>I didn't notice all those shots go straight at Akinfeev

Keep sucking Hodgon's dick m8

It's his fault we conceded and dropped 2 points.

>Attack-wise, yes , they were poor.

We had about 15 shots, just need to do better with the chances we had

Anyone who didn't waste simple chances. Tom fucking Heaton might have done better in front of goal tonight.

>this arse blasted thick yank using a proxy.

Kek.

Why the fuck is this guy still in charge of England?

I thought it was a matter of principle that NT coaches get dumped after two wildly unsuccessful tournaments.

arent you an old fart then? what are you doing on a chinese cartoon board?

Night lads guess its just typical England

Because he was never going to be sacked after Euro 2012 when he was chukced in at the deep end after Capello resigned.

And no one expected us to get out of the group at WC 2014, so no.

Plus, unless we go foreign, there's no English manager better than what we have.

He used the excuse that the last world cup and euros were learning experiences, he never had expectations of winning them and the FA knows that.

They don't expect to win this year either so his contract will be extended no matter what because they'll chalk any failures up to bad luck.

that was Rose

>Hodgson show his incompetence at the WC
>There are some young players in the squad! It's about building for the future
>England are still shit at the Euros
>There are young players in the squad! It's about building for the future
>36 year old Dele Alli is captain as England enter another tournament and fail to win a single game
>Young squad! Building for the future!

I honestly hope we somehow bomb out of the groups just so Woy gets sacked

I remember Roy doing this at Liverpool, used to make his first sub at 80 minutes through the match and it was a useless one, tosser of a manager

it's easy saying anyone. who is there that is better? tell me