GTX 1080

GTX 1080

>"When Huang pulled up the GPU's stats, it was running at 2.1 GHz and the memory was running at 5.5 GHz. That's faster than any GPU today, except for one of its last generation cards with liquid nitrogen cooling. Most remarkable? The 1080 was just just relying on air cooling. It was running at 67 celsius"

>$700

What's the catch, Sup Forums?

>Catch?
Shit tier games.

Mate the 1070 is making me cream for a £310 card that basically dunks on the Titan X, but I still think Nvidia has something behind it

>This.

Can't wait to replace my old 970 with that 1080

"Old 970"
Richfag with too much disposable income here. Apparently 130 fps on GTA 5 isn't good enough for this man. He needs high-tier shit.

I will always buy Nvidia™ because I only play games The Way It's Meant to be Played™. Nvidia also pioneers innovative new technologies like PhysX™, Gameworks™ and the highest quality driver to ever grace Windows.

When I boot up with a brand new Nvidia™ Geforce™, I can experience the game just like it's meant to be played. Nvidia™ also delivers a far more smooth experience.

Nvidia Geforce™ is also very power efficient. A graphic card is the most power hungry device in your house. Refrigerators, AC units, water heaters, dishwashers, lights, etc all use significantly less power than a graphic card. Which is why Nvidia™ puts gamers first by ensuring that their gaming experience is of the highest quality while looking out for gamers by giving them the most value in their electrical bill

At this point in time, there's really no reasons to consider an AMD graphic card at all. I tried one one time, it caused so much heat that it exploded. It also consumed so much power that it gave on an EMP and destroyed the rest of my computer.

Nvidia™ also pioneered how useless GPGPU is with CUDA™. Years ago, everyone thought GPGPU, CUDA™, and OpenCL were the future. Now, Nvidia™ has removed those useless features from their GPUs and increased efficiency. Now you can save thousands a year in electricity thanks to Nvidia™ ensuring that useless features like GPGPU are "optimized" for gamers.

It's quite clear that OP's an AMD shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than The Way It's Meant to be Played™. Nvidia™ is the only real way to play games. We have seen recently that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Nvidia Gameworks. He is probably too poor to afford the Nvidia Geforce Experience and can not afford to play any games The Way It's Meant To be Played™.

Don't be a poor gamer with bad drivers and a huge power bill. Play games with the Geforce™ Experience™: The Way It's Meant To Be Played™

Pls be copypasta, don't tell me you typed out all of those tms

A 970 is what?
400 dollars or some shit?
That's less than 40 a month if you get a new one every year lmao

people spend just as much yearly on new iphones, who gives a shit, dont bitch bout how other people can buy shit just cause mommy wont exchange your goodboypoints for new gpus.

im gonna replace my trusty 580 with a 1070. cant wait

>tms
*™

You are entirely too dedicated to trolling. Reevaluate your life.

Currently running a 550 ti. Should I upgrade?

Now i can see your problem: Gefaggot™ Experience™: The Shit It's Meant To Be Crapped™

Gt 430 here!!

I'm going to keep using my 660 ti because it plays everything good at 120+ still. Nothing good has come out lately.

What kind of mouse is this?

laptop pls go

i think its time for my R9 295X2 to go and i grab one of these

>tfw want to buy new computer
>realize its a waste since they still haven't made better gpu than my 6 years old i5-2500k

>pc has no gaems

Sorry, friend

>It turbos at this speed for 10 seconds and then reverts to 900MHz.
>This extreme overvolting reduces the card's lifespan to 10 months

I have SLI'd 670s. Is it time to upgrade?

... wot

Why upgrade when they don't make anything good for pc anymore? All you have is gta 5 which is dumb as hell and league which is dumb as hell. Starcraft runs on old cards and d3 runs on old cards. Everything else good runs on old cards. Wait until they finally get something good out. Even unreal 4 runs great on old cards and looks good.

You think that's ridiculous? I'm gonna replace my 980ti with the 1080

>Star Citizen

Nice devil trips

Enjoy forking out $700 for something that will be outdated and in need of a replacement in 3 months, PC plebs.

If you don't support AMD, Nvidia will get a monopoly.

>imagine Nvidia with the power of the Microsoft corporation.

Same

>i5-2500k
>overclocked to 4.5ghz

?

You kind of have a point. I haven't even thought about upgrading my cards becuase I still run most things very well on high settings. Like honestly the 670s have been awesome cards to me. But still. There are some games that are multi-plats that I would much rather play on PC.

>683458749
Star Citizen is build on AMD....

You are pretty dumb to even act like you absolutely have to upgrade. I have had my cards for like 5 years now. And they still perform amazingly. If I decide to upgrade, its still just upgrading to upgrade at this point. Its not a necessity

you sound salty are you poor? your parents don't give you enough allowance? you one of those faggots who claim to have better things to spend money on but you don't

>was referring to the "no reason to upgrade because no good games" part

>Divinity Original Sin 2
>Total War: Warhammer
>Dawn of War 3
>Star Citizen
>Dank Souls 3
>Overwatch
>Gothic Armada
>Elite Dangerous
>Everything VR

It's like you don't enjoy fun, user. Though I think I'm quite good for the next year or two.

This.

>He thinks it will ever get out of alpha.

ahhhh misunderstood

What kinda of temps do dual 980tis hit? I was look at putting those in a new rig before 1080 announce

i rock 970 dont really need the upgrade but i enjoy that nvidia is pushing forward lest we not stagnet

This is true. I'll let others make the sacrifice for me though

My rig is all liquid cooled, my 980 Ti's do not get above 38c.

All good fam

I have this bridge I want to sell you.

Same here but thinking of upgrading to 1080 anyways for VR shiz, if any decent VR games come out that is.

I can hope.. if it ever becomes a reality it will be one of the most incredible games ever made

Damn

Does that mean that if AMD dies, Nvidia will begin offering us to trade in our old graphics cards for a free new graphics card?

>VR
Hasn't VR been the "next big thing" for 20 - 30 years now?

>inb4 this time it's really, really, absolutely happening for sure

And I'm sitting here with my GT 640.

>Elder Scrolls Online
>Complete

they have to put out som good VR games also the steam one cost like 900doller

Do you live under a rock?
It's already out and only gaining popularity.

catch is the 970 and such can run all the games already .. and will be able to run games several years in the future. no reason to buy a cutting edge card unless your going to bust out 4k at 120 frames and multiple monitors. even then you can get 2x 970s for that price and do the same shit.

More so now than ever, it's still a niche yes but I've had a DK2 for over a year now. Tons of fun times with it. There's going to be oculus and vive demos at tons of stores here in the next few months, try it out and decide for yourself.

Once I see a game I feel I really must have, I'll pick up a consumer VR headset.

>It's already out and only gaining popularity.
Wow.... It's almost like I've heard this before

>iphones
This thread is about talking serious stuff. Not Apple crap

Are you dense?
Dust off Steam and launch that shit. VR is all over the place.
I know you're too old and haggard for social media, but it's exploding there too.

Think its worth it to replace an old HD 7950?

the 1070 is going to only alittle higher in prize then the 970 is now

I feel like not a whole lot of people want to play games frequently with a boat anchor strapped to their heads. I know I don't.

rofl my thoughts exactly

how could something that just came out loose popularity.. it starts with none.

>that RAM

Wait till the new cards are released, then upgrade.

I'm currently playing Diablo 3 on my $80 GT 640, the worst NVidia card ever made.
I would laugh all the way to the bank if I wasn't dead broke.
D3 runs fine tho.

>Inb4 hidden bitcoin mining operation

>GTX 980 TI SLI
> Liquid cooled
>5930k running at 3.5 GHz
>3.5 GHz

its 700 bucks for the new card. a 970 is a about 300 bucks or so.

they newest cards always have a huge markup to push the new tech

You are pretty fucking stupid considering one of those posts is talking about how its not necessary to spend money upgrading your gpu

Yes, yes, I'll get around to it... When the marketing hype dies down.

>Asking crusty ass pasty skinned poorfags on Sup Forums
>Expecting a legitimate answer

"1070/1080 will be shit l0l im running quad liquid cooled 980 ti's l0l"
- Poorfags

300 dollars for a 970 or 380 for a 1070 which is better than a Titan x

No, this is -Poorfags
Gtfo you ignorant cunt.

A 970 is like 200$ now, going to drop a lot more when the cards actually come out

Why buy god tier processor and GPUs then put shit tier RAM at peasant speeds?

Hey that's the exact card I have. Hi 5.

>That's faster than any GPU today
>card shows up on aots bench
>nvidia promotes 20% faster
>4 fps faster than 980ti
>nvidia promotes 20% faster
>makes you buy it for 700
>still getting away with false advertisment

>unreal 4

Does that even exists?
There was the first, and then unreal 2 (didn't like it) and then all the tournament crap. But never hear of a 3, let alone a 4

are u sers pc has shits of games never ending because of all the independent development

That's fine for people that already upgraded, but those of us that have waited and need to upgrade soon have better options now. And for roughly the same price we get something better.

keked at 1065mhz

Shhh, don't be upset. Why don't you go buy a $150 mouse to calm your nerves... you'll feel better.

I found the 980 ti owner

2 link i clicked 600doller for 1080 and thats basically the new 980 while the 1070 will go for 400 and thats the 970

This is what u get when retards with too much money assemble a new computer. Look at the timings on the RAMs

>A 970 is like 200$ now

That's like buying a Ferrari and capping it at 60 mph

>New cards announced
>Madbor cos mummy just bought birthday present 980
>Justify shit present to make yourself feel better
>Be too poor to buy 1080
>Attempt to panic sell 980's / fail
>Mfw umad

>save thousands of dollars in electricity
erm okey

the bench was "leaked" on 5/5, 24 hours before the reveal.. hoax confirmed

oh no im actually a 770/780ti and a 390 owner

im just loving how they gonna burn down lol literally relying on games with gameworks to justify that 700 price

Unreal is also a GameEngine that is licensable and is heavely used in the industry.

fuck off to Sup Forums fucking faggot

>Aftermarket cards

Speak for yourself.
Not everyone has a wet noodle for a spine. Most of us can handle 400g of extra weight.