Dark Souls 1 thread

Dark Souls 1 thread.
I've just started playing the first game and need some tips. I understand most of the stats and weapons but I want to play all 3 games and i'm wondering if any of you Sup Forumsros have played.

General Dark Souls thread.

great chest ahead

First game was Demon Souls, and if you want to be autistic, Kings Field .

Tough enemy ahead

Yeah I never played Demon Souls and I haven't even heard of Kings Field. Is it worth playing it first?

caution right ahead

Just one tip:
Praise the sun faggot.

Just die unles you understand why you died.

>Chamber of the princess

git gud

>Choose the pyromancer class, new meat
>Choose Master Key gift
>Fresh off the crow, don't use any humanity/souls
>Go to New Londo immediately
>Run past ghosts, pick up Fire Keeper Soul
>Die or run back through the ghosts to the elevator
>Go to Valley of Drakes
>Collect the items around the undead dragon
>You will die now
>Go back to Blighttown
>Get the Sealer Robes
>You're now set, meat. You'll figurd out the rest alone

I'm gonna start a new character.
Class suggestions?

Poise is useful in DS1, less so in 2, and even less in 3. Over 70% armor load you get the fat roll, Plan accordingly.

Try jumping,
Great chest ahead,
humanity up for some jolly co-operation!
Praise the sun, faggot.

Tongue required ahead but hole

Demons Souls is alright, but Dark Souls is much better, arguably the best in the series.

Kings Field games are rough and old and dont translate well to modern play

Use the alluring skulls you find to defeat the pig outside the undead parish. once you go around to the other side of the gate, there's a chest near the stairs with a halberd, which is a great weapon.

oh yeah sure that's simple, i'll get right on it

If you can, run through the catacombs (after reverting to human), summon Paladin Leeroy, and kill Pinwheel. Also, if you follow my advice, you can use a glitch with the Fire Keeper Soul to get infinite humanity

Run like a bitch and collect the good loot

demon's souls has some of the best level design and is actually broken into "levels". 5 worlds 3 levels each. Demon's is worth a play through if you really get hooked into the series and if you own a ps4 do a run of bloodborne aswell.

Demons is the best I think, just had such an atmosphere

in my experience, create a DEX class. All the weapons have letters corresponding to certain skills. If a weapon is high in a certain skill like an B in strength and an S in Dex then the higher those skills, the more damage it will do.

I stuck to a DEX build and didn't shield, dodging attacks with high stamina seemed to work best. You get 'invincibility frames' the lower your equip load goes. So if its low, you'll get maybe 1/2 second of invincibility to dodge through enemies attacks.

Great Scythe I used for the entire game, but it got shit in the later games.

Also Ornstien and Smough aren't hard, people who say that are just shit

poise is turned off in dark souls 3 it is actually a useless stat.

Also, join Way of the White if you plan to summon friendly phantoms

I've heard great things about Bloodborne and if I enjoy Dark Souls enough i'll probably get a ps4 for it

People actually need to summon for that piss poor boss?

OP here.
I need suggestions for what class I should start with.

take the core game play of souls give it a gothic vibe and add some guns lmao. it's a faster paced souls game with some of the best bosses. I've played them all and BB is actually my favorite i guess because im a sucker for gothic horror.

And Demons Souls had that weird ass world tendency system that no one really understood

Focus on Dexterity, Strength, Attunement (if you plan to use any magic), Stamina, and Vitality. Also, work on Faith so you can get Wrath of the Gods later in the game

I think I chose Knight, it seemed like the best all rounder and I didn't really know what I was doing, it doesn't matter too much in later game because you'll know what you'll need to start levelling so it won't matter too much

get the drake sword from the hellkite Dragon in undead burg... It's a good choice up to maybe blighttown. After that you should switch to something that scales with your build. I farmed for 1,5h to get the balders side sword und undead parish since i lvl dex/str...

Follow this advice and you'll be fine. Use google to get more details for these steps.

I know it's a souls-esque game so the story was never going to make any sense, but that story made no fucking sense and I gave up trying to make any sense of it after I killed that space dimension spider that looked like those bastard things from Skyrim

Yeah I never got that, I understood that if it went black shit was harder but you got better pickups, but I had no idea how it actually got affected. God I'd love another one...

depends how you like to play, starting class is really meaningless in the long run except what stats you dont want to invest in.

DROP THAT THING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

It's a noob trap, you stick with it and it doesn't scale and cost fucking loads to upgrade and does fuck all damage by the time you've got a well scaled weapon. I think I used it for the gargoyles, but dropped it as soon as

true but once you get the hang of it it's easy, just don't die in human form kill bosses and your world will go to white causing some secret areas to open giving loot, then just die a fuck ton in the same world making it go black and getting other loot.

best idea is to ignore tendency on your very first play through and if you feel like going ng+ use the stockpile thomas dupe glitch get 900 eyes then worry about tendency,

It is not that important...
But Warrior/Knight is a solid beginners choice in terms of stats and gear.

I'm using Warrior

This might be the wrong thread to confess this, but I am a bigger fan of Amoured Core games than Souls games and really hope From is going back to making a mech game after this

Great game, sifs my favorite boss

As I said - it's not meant for the endgame.
And it takes a while to get the upgrade scales...
But it packs a nice punch out of the box and you get it for free without farming...
Better than a longsword at low lvl.

You've chosen your fate. You can't even change classes now

Warrior is pussy mode. At least choose thief or something so you start with master key

You can choose the master key anyway

>Dark wood grain ring
There's my tip.

Old Monk was the best boss experience, i was always hoping they would do something like that again

You could but starting with it gives you a choice of another one. It's like getting 2 starting gifts

It's my first time playing so fuck yeah i'm choosing pussy mode. I did choose the master key as everything else seems useless.

lame. My first time I chose thief and had no fucking clue what I was doing XD I ended up beating Gwynn with full havels, crystal halberd, and iron flesh

Poise doesnt matter much in pve and roll over block.

I fucking hate the 3am japs..

Wreck ass in the PvP forest like I do erry day. HALBRED MOTHAFUCKAS DO YOU FEAR IT?!

I would not recommend taking the master key on your first playthrough...
As you don't know areas and all the shortcuts/treasures it would be more confusing than helpful.
No need to skip stuff/head serious hazards early on...

Taking the master key means skipping the depths and as someone who has beaten dark souls one multiple times I can say that the depths is one of the hardest areas in the game

The fucking depths??? Not Blight town or Sens fortress but the god damn Depths?!?!

Died to that fucking tutorial boss once and killed it the 2nd time.

>Choose the pyromancer class, new meat
>Choose Master Key gift
>Fresh off the crow, don't use any humanity/souls
>Go to New Londo immediately
>You will die now
>Run past ghosts, pick up Fire Keeper Soul
>You will die now
>Go to Valley of Drakes
>You will die now
>Collect the items around the undead dragon
>You will die now
>Go back to Blighttown
>You will die now
>Get the Sealer Robes
>You will die now
>You're now set, meat. You'll figurd out the rest alone

Blighttown is easy because you just run around everyone and Sens is easy because you just run past everything

With blighttown, i would agree...
But a few rats and the gaping dragon shouldn't be that hard.

I just hated those stupid goddamn basilisk and cunts with the toxic blow darts

he means to get a massive easy headstart. you can do it at SL1, and then homeward bone back to firelink for ez sythe and souls

yeah me too, can't belive i actually died to those orstin and smoth chumps

quick tip OP either skip dark souls 2 or play it last it feels different from demon's 1 3 and bloodborne and thats because miyazaki didn't make it he "overseered" it and it's probably the weakest entry in the series it's not dog shit but it isn't the best.

To the user who is just starting make sure you get the black knight sword from the first black knight and on the Taurus demon just plunging attack him and it will insta kill him

it's weird, and I don't like the pvp reward system. ds1 you get all dem sweet soles

>baby's first souls game
no wonder they had to casualize this shit for the COD audience

Dark Souls 2 should have been named Dark Souls Online

>ornstein and smough aren't hard

you're a faggot

I bet you used summons

Fuck you, OP made the first step of the tremendous journey of gittin gud. I bet you get stun locked by daggers

I just beat it a couple of days ago. Sad that my computer is too shitty to even play the 2nd one.

>enter rape house
>go downstairs
>go to the butcher
>say hi (get coal if u want)
>drop down the hole
>hello sewers
>slide down
>run some more
>boss
the only problem is the buffed rat gangbang

Just kill that channeler with ranged 1 time it's easy as shit. The butchers also just give up the booty and die

too many useless weapons in the game there was a lot of cool shit but everything had such shit scaling most are worthless. plus tying i-frames to a fucking stat you have to level up is autistic shit

Where's the black knight?

Work mate told me that DS2 is basically just DS1 but worse. Should I just skip it?

>Ornstien and Smough aren't hard

>get steamroll'd by smough, insta kill
>get under super-smough butt stomp, insta kill
>get stinger'd by ornstein, 60%+
>get impaled by super-ornstein 90%+
>faggots don't leave an opening for attacks
>faggots have stupid amounts of poise
>faggots pop up out of nowhere once u finally get in
don't go DEX u filthy casul

DS 2 is still great

and don't listen to these faggots giving you gimmick advice, souls is fun when you explore things for yourself, it's completely up to chance if the sword drops anyway

Black knight is in the undead burg. Exit bonfire room head left kill some undead dudes and go down some stairs. Kill some shield dudes and to the right will be a mini staircase going down. At the end of the hall you will see black knight. Make sure you are human and have some soft humanity to up drop rate. But be warned because it is no easy fight for a beginner

DS2 is a 7-8/10 sequel to a 10/10 game.
Also they flat out lied about the state of the game right up until release, pulled some Jewish re-release shit that still wasn't as good as the prerelease footage they promised.
It does have some quality of life improvements, and mechanically it's probably the best of the three, but in terms of actual content (which is what Souls is all about, imo) it's dogshit

nah it feels different than 1, don't skip it but i wouldn't play the games in order i'd say just do 1 3 2 because it seriously does feel different at least 3 feels like 1 again so you'd get used to the wonky clunky? feeling of 2 and then go back to 1's feeling

Alright i'll try that.

Got it, i'll try now

the best way i can descibe it it feels like you character is always fat even when you aren't using any big armor or weaponry. but 2 has the BEST dual wielding so if you plan on playing 2 definetly do a dual swordsman or a big motherfucker with 2 axes or hammers

nah he's just a fag
DS2 is a great game (specially DLC areas so try and get SoTFS), just that DS1/3 and DeS are better

get master key. dupe souls
GG

>play through game
>die
>die a lot
>find a guide online, follow
>youtube

helps a ton if you know what's coming up, but try an area first (especially boss doors) so you can retain some of the game's adventure and wonder.

But you also get to go through Blighttown the easy way. That's a big plus.

try tongue but hole

also OP, PLEASE do your absolute best to avoid looking up help online.
The game has such an amazing feel when everything is discovered and conquered by yourself. Once you beat the game it's so cool to go on the wiki and find out how much you've missed, do it again and see how deep the game goes

But I've known people who just wiki whore the games right from the start and have such a gimped experience because nothing was really discovered or found by themselves

i wiki whored from the start of my first play through and still learned more when I played it again

be wary of quagmire
woman!

dis
DS games are about exploration and reading descriptions and trying to undertand the fuck is going on, also death, lots of it
also Nito

You just want to get any weapon and upgrade it as much as possible as soon as possible. Then the game is trivial.

Until you realize that by late game you spent nearly all of your souls and resources on a weapon that's completely obsolete in the late game