Nelson Mandela effect thread:

Nelson Mandela effect thread:
Nelson Mandela did not die in prison.
How do you spell "Barenst(a/e)in bears"?
Jiffy peanut butter doesn't exist.
Try to find other Mandela effect, or discover a new one!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=puJpSz21Ru4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone else not remember the apostrophe?

"Pay no attention to ______ man behind the curtain"

Mandela oh you mean the opposition to apartheid who was imprisoned for terrorist attacks and later became the president of South Africa? Why the fuck do people think he died in prison?

Anomaly fellow /b attendee

The Mandela effect is just some made up thing to make people feel better for being wrong and making a mistake.

Hellmans mayonnaise doesn't exist.

"the"?

But in mass.
Isn't it weird how many people think something is wrong?
I REMEMBER barenstein, so vividly, my entire family does.

That's Bill Cosby you retard.

Nope, "that".

Forgive me.

oh haha.
That sounds right.

"______ I am your father".

It is the way the human brain works you will often miss rember an event for example remembering a friend being there even though they where not.

Still odd.

"______, mirror on the wall"

I know people think it's "Luke, I am your father."
But I remember "No, I am your father"

This guy explains it better
m.youtube.com/watch?v=puJpSz21Ru4

"Kelloggs _______ Loops"

frutilupis

I hope not.
But seriously, JIFFY doesnt exist. Anyone remember that"

Not to mention the fact so many shows/indie art animations parody these iconic scenes.

Such as Family guy, shit tier example but, yeah, it all sort of meshes together when you think back to the original.

Does kik_kat have a -?

that's because it's "JIF" peanut butter. Why is this thread even a thing? People don't remember every detail of everything. People spell things wrong all the time. People misquote movies and songs and all kinds of stuff. When you remember something, you're remembering your own memory of it, not what happened. And if you remember something you've remembered before, it's like a memory of a memory of a memory... you expect it to line up perfectly with reality? We don't even understand reality

What the fuck...?
Okay, another...
Captain Crunch... DOESN'T EXIST!

that's because it's "cap'n crunch," you senile fuck

It is still interesting to me, and apparently other people too. The mass error of simple things that I can personally remember... it made me really think, "how did I get this wrong?

I remember captain, VERY clearly.
I've only seen (but not really) the peanut butter, never the cupcake mix.

that's like knowing that the door is closing because the air conditioner turned on and moved the air, but deciding that you'd rather believe it's a ghost.

That is a terrible comparison, try again.

That is because captain is easier to remember than the other bullshit spelling that is most likely why you believe captain is correct

Cap'n is way easier to remember.

What about vaguely remembering cartoons from your childhood that nobody else remembers, no matter how vivid the memory is?

I think that's just because Nick cycles through shit pretty rapidly

Yes, some guy remembers a third sonic cartoon on a VHS, and I honestly think I remember the episodes he talked about too, my Grammie had the VHS.

The wicked witch never says "FLY MY PRETTYS, FLY!".

It's not though you say captain so you would assume the spelling is captain just because cap'n has less letters does not make it easier to remember.

Cap-in-crunch Cap-tin-crunch, the first is easier to remember, the letters don't jump with a t, because it's not there.

that's because the GIRL Dorothy was who the witch called "my pretty." Not flying monkeys. She was just yelling at the monkeys to fly, not for Dorothy to?

What about this, I remember in smb3 there was a shoe goomba, and you always wanted to kill it to get the shoe suit, but apparently you have to kill it a certain way (killing it from below), anyone else remember you only having to kill it to get the upgrade?

what is wrong with this: "Febreeze"

Your brain. Remembers. Random information. By. The way you think it. Not the way it's said. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" is easier for your 5 year old brain to say than "It's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood." You spell 'Captain" with a T, why should your brain stress itself out on a cereal name?

Febreze. It's febreze. But that doesn't make sense to your brain because in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE, you have words like Breeze, freeze, and sneeze. Why would your brain remember the spelling of a word you're likely to never need?

True, but I remember these picture perfect, Captain was written in the same font as Crunch, it was above captain with a gap of about a pinky width, the captain was slanted upward at the right and hung to the left of the crunch, the captain was to the left of the box, holding his hand up like the good captain does.

Wizard of oz?

Still, I remember the label.

I actually grew up without TV in my household and frequently didn't even have electricity, so I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds like a theory a kid would make up for a game. "If I tilt the controller to the right when turning, my car will turn faster. If I wear light up shoes, I will run faster. I've won this game after I picked my nose, so next time, if I pick my nose before I play, I will win."

yes

Does anybody in this thread speak english?

No, Like, Super Mario Bros. 3, there's hopping goomba's in shoe suits that don't die from spikes, it's a good item, but the only way to get it was via toad huts and "killing the goombas and jumping in the suit" but you have to kill them from below, even though I clearly remember not having to kill it form below.

In Banjo Kazooie the camel is in Freezie Peak

Woah, really? I remember him in a desert area I think...?

"Jet fuel ______ melt steel beams"

"Cant"

yea no apostrophe

mhmm

does

"mirror, mirror on the wall" is now magic mirror

Baby, take that and 69 it, then you'd be right.

The "Mirror, Mirror on the wall" was from books and folklore and how your parents would've remembered it.
The "magic mirror" is disney's version. Have you ever even watched the movie?

I did a big road trip years ago with a friend, but I've got another friend who insists that he was the one I took along. I've even got photos to prove him wrong. I guess he's heard us telling stories of all the shit we got up to and somehow imagined himself as the one who went instead of the other. he basically has an entire series of memories that aren't his own and has even told the story of "our road trip" to other people in front of me with absolute certainty that it was us in the car. it's fucking weird.

True, but mandela is mass mistakes.