Hey guys, need some critical opinions

Hey guys, need some critical opinions
How do I improve this resume.
Telll me wat you think, no matter how harsh.
Bonus points for recommandations

Dude fuck you man. I don't care what you think I'm doing it.

PLEASE IT'S NOT WORTH IT user YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TO LOSE!

Job descriptions are too vague. Needs to be more specific. Needs to be more action oriented. Also I am guessing english is not native language. Aka "designed, planned and executed promotional video focusing on product and etc etc etc.

Remove hobbies. Focus on academic achievements and volunteer work in the bottom.

You need to tailor your resume to what kind of job you are going for
>hobbies
Nobody cares. Unless its something directly correlated to your potential job, don't bother.
>volunteer
This is a great thing. Be ready to say you are patient and ready to deal with many potential challenges
>Give References! Many places won't really follow up on them unless something is really prestigious or fishy [Im a lvl 97 Elder Wizard from the Magical University of Fairy Fisting]
>Layout looks bad. Unprofessional.
>Language skills are awesome! I suggest putting them farther up on list. Maybe even see if there is a way to prove your fluency [I think there is a national testing thing in my country. idk. Don't care. Im dumb and only speak english]

you have some great potential though. Good education, no gaps in your experience record. Good luck!

kay thanks guys
Shouldn't I put a part where I describe myself, what my characters traits are or something?

The interview will do that

Also, pay a few bucks and download a designed resume template instead of typing it in word like a high schooler.

You gotta put, like, some actual skills/experience. You're a masters student, surely you've done SOMETHING worth bragging about? A senior project? A course that you're particularly proud of? There's gotta be something. And you need to talk about what you can do. What courses have you taken? How do they relate to the job you're applying for? And what about work experience? Surely you've had a job before? Put it on there, nobody worth working for is going to hire you unless you have SOME job experience, even if its fucking McDonald's.

Why did you put your hobbies? Employers don't care what Manga you read or video games you play.

Yeah, alright. Also, is the lack of pic a problem.
Can't buy shit though, Maestro card prevents me from buying anything online

There's plenty of free ones available, even. Or do it manually, but put some effort into it and make it look professional. Would you hire you? Would you look at your resume and go "fuck, we need this guy?" Keep working until you would.

I notice you have listed you are from Poland. Forgive me, honestly if it is just a big cultural difference. It strikes me as unnecessary to say hobbies. Strengths can be a good thing [ex: public speaking course/ cool under pressure/ enjoys setting goals] but I suppose it isn't too different from what you wrote. I just think a potential employer will not really care if you like anime or games. the vgs in particular could even be a negative to some places.

Also. Something usually not important but kinda can help because everyone forgets it. Do you have any licenses or certificates? Even just CPR/BLS or a CDL can make you stand out

Well, I'm targeting the entertainment industry (Video-games mainly) so I thought it might be helpful. It just looks cringy now that I look at it. What do you need by licenses? i'm actually from France and the only degree I have is from basically highschool
So, put languages and traits under a "Skills" header with examples?
Yeah, I'll ask myself that, thx

Sort of.

Usually on the top I would put relevant skills that do not apply to a specific job.

For instance:
- Expert at Adobe Suite: Illustrator and Photoshop 5.
- Expert (but use a different work) in Microsoft Office Series (Word, Excel) as well as project or In Design.

Since you are so fresh out of school it an be more flexible but the more specific you are about learned and APPLICABLE skills the better you chances are.

Hey

Do you got a driver's license + car ? If so, tell it.

A photo of yourself is usually good too.

Hobbies can be interesting to put on a resume (in my country, France, it is), but video games can be risky (don't give names, even weirder)

I think you should be more specific on what skills you acquired during your formation (like team spirit, autonomy, adaptability. Or something more technical, specifi to your skill maybe. Depends on what you're applying for)

Something is intriger. You give a polish adress, and you got an A1 lvl of polish. It's weird no ?

For the resume, you don't have to buy something, there's some great on Word. You've got to stay sober, a bit minimalistic, so doing it yourself cannot forcibly be a bad thing

I think having a photo of yourself is weird.

I dunno if you use Linked In, but linking to professional networks where you can find a photo is OK.

Things like: fluent in French and English, good writing skills, patient, pedagogue?

Hey,

First off I come from France but I'm doing an Erasmus in Poland. I'm just looking for internships in Warsaw for the next year.
Regarding a picture, I'm not ugly but I really look weird whenever I'm photographed.

there's some different opinion about it. But the human resources manager i've talked to, like having a photo. And my father, who've done some recruitment too, gave me the political incorrect reasons (for some type of manager). I let you guess which one they are

go to a professional photographer. he knows his job

Essentially what you saying. If you are hot put a pic. If you aren't let it go..

You are still young OP. I say go without until you have an established job to take your professional photo. My job overlaps with this sort of shit. granted I am in the US.

Just for reference this a pic (sorry for shit quality) where I look as not shitty as possible

As you're french, i can give you a little example of a good resume (approved by human resources managers, and employed by a good company as an apprentice engineer)

the black on the right is the location of the formation. Important if you show that you move a lot, you're not static. it gives you dynamism, which is great

Omit that. OP. Buy a domain. Make a resume online. Then you can post a pic there without it seem like a criminal file.

Should I put my Baccalauréat since I'm applying for a job abroad and its basically covered by classe préparatoires?

i was more talking about ethnicity, but being hot for women is right too (life is hard for ugly people, it's a hard truth, unfortunately).

you're okay, you don't have to be a model, don't worry. Just go to a professional, so he can shoot you with a good backround and luminosity. he can make you have a good smile too. I don't know how you have to behave in the type of work your applying to, but try to be "relax" and smiling on your photo (for scientific jobs, at least. For business, and commerce it's more of a shark world, so i can't say).

you have to wear some good clothes too for the interview (professional, you cane maybe wear a tie)

can't tell you on that one. If you think it's not necessary, then don't. if you can put it (you have enouh space), as it's a standard in france, maybe you should.

Will do. Should I really write a motivation letter for every place I'm applying to?
I think I will have some space to put it with all the trimming that I need to do

hiring manager fag here....

ditch the age

ditch the hobbies

be much more descriptive about job history... don't just list what your job description was, list accomplishments, your performance vs competitors or the standard, projects executed, etc.

add references (preferably professional, but given your age professors may work)

FORMATTING

cover letter... these should not be generic, and should be tailored for each place you're applying

What do you mean by references? Names of the people I worked for?

Yup motivation is a must-have. Human resources always look first at the resume. So you have to make it perfect so they decide to read your motivation letter. I'm not a pro at making those, and i don't really like it...

as he says here, the letter has to be tailored. It's important to show you've studied the company. Like the last big actions they've done, how many employees etc etc. If it's a big firm, you'll find it on the internet. If it's generic, you won't come to an interview. (There must be like 50 applicants, and an interview is about 1 hour at least. They can make come only a very few applicants.

I'm a hiring manager.

Cut out hobbies and replace it with a Core Competencies section that's specific to the job(s) you're applying to.

Definitely don't include a picture. When I'm reading your resume I don't give a fuck what you look like and it's kind of tacky. I care about what you look like when you come in for the interview.

Add more description to each of your past work entries.

Make sure every different entry is consistent. For example, if you're going to have months on one job, put it on all of them. Or you have "Job title, Workplace" on some and "Job Title for Workplace" in others. "Voluntary Tutoring" is not all capitalized like all of your other titles. I know this seems like bullshit, but it's an immediate flag to me that the person doesn't pay attention to detail.

Don't include the street cleaner job. Its such a short period of time that it actually looks worse to have it on there than to leave it off.

The languages section can be condensed so it doesn't take up as much room.

Don't include your age.

Good luck, user.

Ditch hobbies, writing singular video games especially is super cringy

Why shouldn't he includes his age ?

I've met plenty of managers who will throw a resume away immediately if they think the person it too young/old for a position. 21 can be considered too young for some professional positions and you risk having your resume tossed before they even see if you're qualified.

yes. preferably former bosses, not coworkers, who will vouch for your work ethic, character, etc....

MAKE SURE you let these people know you are using them as references. I can't tell you how many times I'm about to bring someone in for an interview, and then can't get in touch with references (i'm assuming lots of people just screen calls too damn much), or, I do get in touch with their references, but they haven't talked to applicant in 1+ yrs and almost have trouble remembering them. awkward. prep your references.

Manager at Apple, Inc, US.

What you want your resume to provide, in addition to your background is your experience.

The most important thing to show is what you have accomplished, how what you've done has contributed to the better of every task you've taken.

Show how you've innovated, how you've improved anything for your employer, but focus on your accomplishments. Focus on how you've helped your peers to accomplish their tasks, how you've shown leadership, what goals you were given and how you improved the outcome.

Focus on what you've done to improve things in every task you've made, a resume works best when you can demonstrate that you've not only met the requirements, but how you've gone beyond what you were tasked with to show actual results, and enumerate those results.

A resume should show how you met challenges, and exceeded the requirements. Be truthful, and show why I should hire YOU instead of somebody else.

yeah but if they see no age, won't they think of a trap/incomplete resume ?

Here is another thing you have to put. On the top of your resume (but below personnal information) you have to put for what job is this resume (it makes it more specific, and less generic).

In your cover letter, you HAVE to talk about your orignilaty/singularity. What make you different from the other applicants (and is useful for the job you're applying). For the interview, and cover letter, when you're highlighting yourself (don't be humble, but not too arrogant), you have to demonstrate what you're saying about yourself.

"I'm, autonomous, dynamic, energetic etcetc", it's just words. You have to demonstrate it by talking about your personnal experiences.

well i do the hiring and firing where i work (chef in a mid-high end restaurant)
my advice as follows

>ditch hobbies unless a hobby directly pertains to a skill relevant/necessary to the job
>add more detail to the tasks you were required to do
>edit your resume and tailor it specifically to EACH EMPLOYER, i will drop a cv if it has crap unrelated to the job i am trying to fill
>remove parts of your job history details that aren't relevant to the job you are applying for, i don't care who or how many you tutored, as long as i know you did tutor and can/could teach others (show of communication and interpersonal skills)

also i highly suggest lying/glorifying your previous jobs. they seem very lacklustre and i would be so unimpressed that i would not hire you for a job where i work if you submitted me a nice resume with your current job history, even for wait staff.

hit me up if you had any specific questions

Cut the video game crap out.

where I work, and afaik everywhere in the usa, I am not allowed to ask age during an interview, among other things. so no, it will not set off any red flags

I've never had anyone think a resume was incomplete because their age wasn't on it. The only thing an employer is legally allowed to ask you (in the US) is if you're over 18, so it's definitely in a candidate's best interest not to mention it.

good general advice here user.

yeah, you're not allowed to, but it's the manager choice, not to take you, and he doesn't really has to justify himself, or can tell an easy lie

True, but in my experience I think it much more common for a picky manager to toss your resume if they think you're too old/young for the job, rather than tossing it for not including an age at all.

Ok ! can't argue much more on that field !

Where are you user ? Waiting for some feedbacks

listing your age will probably work against you the majority of the time. but i would also say that the resumes i see that list age, typically commit other resume no nos as well. it makes me think this person took the time, and put in the effort, to do a resume, but weren't even smart enough to use the same device they are typing their resume on to look up what a resume actually is. if your resume stands out due to bad formatting, extraneous info, etc., I will probably toss it every time.

Big thanks to you and everyone else in this thread. I'm gonna work on all this now.