I was just in a psychologist thread and was basically told I'm schizo. Here's my thing

I was just in a psychologist thread and was basically told I'm schizo. Here's my thing.

I have a second conscience that I can't control but it reminds me of things I have once learned or helps me make decisions. It is constantly talking about random things and is actually pretty helpful. Its the same as my regular conscience in the fact that it's a voice in my head and it sounds the same but feels like it comes from deeper in my head than my regular one. Schizophrenia runs in my family and I have audible and visual halucinations. Audio ones more frequent, visuals have just started really happening recently. But the audio hallucinations are way different than my second conscience.

The thing is I didn't get an answer to my last question. Any psychs out there?

No, I ate them all.

Come with me my brother.

Shameless self bump

pics or it didnt happen

Assuming your talking about last thread otherwise I have no idea what you want

Not even a person with experience in dealing with this sort of thing?

Last self bump

When I am falling asleep I hear thoughts that are underneath my normal thoughts. Do example I will be thinking of some random shit thn out of no where I will hear a thought that says something but when I acknowledge the thought it disappears and I can't remember what it was. Sometimes I can remember them. I was thinking about how much I hate someone and all of a sudden I hear "want me to tell him" It is such a clear thought too.I don't read into it to much,

I have had my second conscience all my life and it's very clear. No matter how loud it is I'll always hear it. I can talk in my head and still hear it over my own thoughts. Mine are never violent, they never tell me to do things to like other people. But say I'm taking a test, it will help me with answers by telling me the answer, where I learned it, and it tries to tell me when, when it can but not always

Wheres the question?

My question is, is there anyway I can get rid of the hallucinations but keep the voice in my head?

Those are auditory hallucinations.

I get them too when I'm very tired, but I'm not schizophrenic myself.

Judging from the fact that your writing is slightly incoherent and seems to lack a clear point, I'd suggest getting help for your schizophrenia.

It my not be distressing to you, so you may wonder why it needs to be taken care of. When you're in a bad period of life, the voices reflect sadness and anger. The conscience changes with your mood. It can get very distressing.

Probably not. Medication is what you need, and the medication used to treat schizos and other mental illnesses is basically a chemical lobotomy. It will fuck up your brains.

But, as you say, the hallucinations have started to be more frequent lately, which means your illness is progressing. It may not be much longer until you no longer can properly manage your actions so treatment is needed.

I just suck at writing dude. Failed 3 years of it back in when I was in High School. My voice doesn't have feelings, never changes with my emotions, and it's very different than my actual audio hallucinations

I'm only 20, so will I just be bat shit insane before my 40?? A lot of meds meds with my other mental illnesses so if rather not honestly..

>will I just be bat shit insane before my 40??
Without any treatment, probably so.

What other mental illnesses, though? It could be that you're on the wrong medication and now that your illness has progressed they can see what you really have and get you on the right meds, so you don't have to take more, just the right ones.

Assuming you're not an edgy teen who has confused ego/thoughts for a voice in your head (which is outside your control), what you describe might be considered a delusion.
Hallucinations and delusions often act together, and are usually very imposing and scary, so it's hard to believe you would want to keep any aspect of it. Like the other user said, medication is the way to go which would reduce the positive (positive = presence of abnormal) symptoms that you mention.

You don't even know me bro

I'm legit diagnosed with a form of bipolar, depression and anxiety. Usual shit. Bipolar, and anxiety from my mom's side. Schizo from my dad's side and both my parents deal with depression. Also I don't do meds anymore because of how shit they have always made me feel. Was on and off meds for like 2 years before I just said fuck it. I also don't talk to my doctors about being schizo for obvious reasons

Not an edgy fag. I'm actually looking for help, advice or anything. I don't exactly get to talk about this in my real life. Again for obvious reasons

Be aware that depression and anxiety can be symptoms of lots of things, including schizophrenia. You are also at the age where schizophrenia is most likely to develop for those who are genetically susceptible. Just go to a doctor and get it checked out, no big deal, could be nothing.

What's the difference between the voice you can control and the voice you can't? I feel like I control the voice in my head, but what does that really mean? It does just kind of emerge from nowhere.

Also have insomnia but I'm pretty sure that's just from poor choices so I don't really bother with that. You really think so? Why would my brain just make up a separate voice for information and different problem solving styles though?

Your fine bro. There are support groups for people who function just fine but happen to hear voices or have another conscious like you described. They see it as a gift and not an illness. It makes you, you.

because you want to be a special snowflake so you are subconsciously telling yourself to be "crazy" like the people in movies and stereotypes you see on the tv

>I have a second conscience that I can't control but it reminds me of things I have once learned or helps me make decisions

is it good in math?

The voice I control is the one where you talk in your head, it sits near the top of my head and that's where I feel it's thoughts coming from. The second voice feels deeper, it comes from near the middle of head and only gives information. Never talks to me as a person, I think it knows we are the same person.

>Also I don't do meds anymore because of how shit they have always made me feel. Was on and off meds for like 2 years before I just said fuck it. I also don't talk to my doctors about being schizo for obvious reasons
Well, that's just it. I believe everyone has the right to choose for themselves, but you're playing with fire. At some point you may no longer be able to make the decision to go to the doctor because your illness and thus delusions have progressed too far, and you may end up doing something you'd never imagine yourself doing due to the lack of medication.

At the least, go see the doctor and tell him everything and get the right meds, so when you feel that things are getting out of hand, you have those pills as a backup plan.

You probably don't have both bipolar and schizo tho, you may have a schizoaffective disorder and proper medication would make things better.

Lots of people have an inner dialogue. It is a sign of genius.

It's good at everything except English. Anything that involves putting my opinion in to, it doesn't help. It will pull information out for me like facts and shit. I'm a God at math, science, and history. English was hell

Makes sense, I don't really try to be an attention seeker though. I'll keep that in mind.
Is it uncommon to have both? If I was just schizo then that would be a huge relief actually. I'll look in to medication so thanks for the advice. You really don't think they will just lock me up right away after I tell them?

Eh I don't know about genius. I never really strived to do well in school but the voice gave me crazy test scores so I just skipped by

Your just very aware of your thought processes. Sounds normal to me bro. As long as it's not disrupting your ability to enjoy life normally it sounds like a gift.

I'm schizophrenic, what's your last question ?

Like someone else pointed out, it's very hard to say when you are on medication. Insomnia could easily exacerbate the symptoms too, actually it is likely to do so.

This

Nothing is wrong with you. Fuck main stream physcology.

If you are on a very low dose of antipsychotics you'll mostly keep the socalled "voice" in your head.

But why do you want to do that ?

Thanks Sup Forumsro. I wish that were the case though. The visual and audio hallucinations actually could be a problem though. I'm literally not worried really at the voice in my head but I'm worried that it would go away if I did get medication

It's possible, but it's more probable that it's a schizoaffective disorder. Though only a professional can make the distinction in a face-to-face meet.

I guess locking you up depends on local laws, thus where you're from. But no matter where you're from, I doubt they go locking up people who aren't of immediate danger to their surroundings. If you're having violent thoughts keep them to yourself. Just say you feel annoyed instead.

The voice is helpful. Literally no down sides except that it always has to be giving me information. Only stops when I'm about to die from no sleep

My voice seems to come from my throat and right up through my brain. I kind of feel like it's in my whole head.
Do you mean an inner dialogue which you can't control? I have a constant inner monologue. When I went through some hard times I had to tell it to shut up sometimes as I am very self analytical. I control it but it's very truthful.

Nothing violent, just information so I should be good? There not gonna try to disect me and examine my brain though.. Right?

Then it's no good, your brain needs it's sleep to keep the other symptoms at bay. And you are processing information way too fast above average, which is a heavy indicator of getting premature alzheimers and dementia.

You are slowly decaying your brain as it is right now, And to extends it might SEEM helpful, but at some point your inner voice will fuck you up, it's a constant battle of what information to process and accept, and in the end, the bad thoughts always win

Nah you're fine. There's millions of people like you, they can't just lock everyone up or they'd run out of space in a day.

Maybe having two makes me more sensitive as to which parts of my brain they come from? Not sure. It's not what I would consider self dialogue as it's not my actual voice, it's deeper. Which is hard to explain

I have a similar thing going since like 5 years

I talked to my psychiatrist about it and she said it's schizophrenia, but can't really classify it, because there is so many forms of it

She said there's medication for it, but I refused

I dunno. Pretty sure it's a second consciousness and wouldn't medication be kinda mean if it isn't affecting my life negatively?

So what you're saying is I have a super brain. But the super brain doesn't have any control so it's always running?

What's your voice like?

Alright thanks I'll talk to someone when I can afford it

Nope, nothing like having a superbrain, you just have way more activity inbetween centers. Some of your primary centers have switched intodrive because of a faulty delivery system of signal"drugs", and that makes magical voices and hallucinations sprout around you.

You are not properly in touch with reality, and your brain needs to be brought down a few pegs to not "malfunction" anymore. Your brain can't handle all the information it is processing, and therefore it creates coping mechanisms by itself, such as harnessing the imagination to make reality more "bearable", for trust me, some schizophrenics really have it shitty compared to the average human being, either you're just coming around to being schizophrenic, or you're just VERY lucky

Very talkative. I can pretty much talk to her just like anyone else. She also helped me trough a shit ton of written tests in vocational school and often reminds me when I'm about to forget something

"don't forget your keys!" for example

So it's just something that will kill me sooner? Might as well start smoking then. How do I go about telling my girlfriend?

There's no such thing as schizophrenia so you don't have that. And there's no genetic basis for it, so what you have is environmental. Being raised by people with "schizophrenia" can leave you vulnerable to developing the symptoms. Medication just dulls the positive symptoms (auditory and visual hallucinations) but increases the negative symptoms (depression, negative self-self concept) so I wouldnt recommend that

What you need is psychosocial care (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), helps to remove dysfunctional beliefs and allow you to behave as you would normally

I have a similar situation. I'd recommend taking some time every now and then to just sit somewhere and think. No outside distractions like music or tv. Just taking time to get to know your brain.
Do you happen to remember how/when it started?

You have a girl? Mine doesn't have a gender, if I had to describe it's voice. Its like a machine made for talking. Same pace, same tone, similar to my voice but not the same

Didn't find out it ran in the family till High School so I'm not sure and my dad doesn't actually see anything. He hears his name every so often but that's it for him.

Always had it, even when I was like 4 I can remember it reminding me how to tie my shoes

Glorified pill pusher

Well... I wouldn't really know how to tell the closest since I was diagnosed in a ward, and they more or less just had to either accept it or leave me behind.

Fortunately my family and girlfriend are very caring about it.

But I'd recommend you go on medication on a very low dose, you can always stop if you don't want to

Schizophrenia may just be a word for what we call a combination of traits but it's nonetheless, quite a real illness. Schizophrenia and many other mental illnesses are also proven to be genetic.

Also if there's no such thing as schizophrenia but it's real to me. Wouldn't that just mean I'm schizo for being schizo?

Yeah I don't know why she's a she

My psychiatrist thinks it's because I have a mother complex or something

And talking machine sounds weird. Like doesn't the voice has a tone of sound?

Also, do you also feel a complete lack of privacy since it started?

The symptoms are real and the people are suffering, but it's not from schizophrenia. Researchers can't even agree on a definition for it. A person in the UK diagnosed with schizophrenia may have no similar symptoms to someone the US yet technically they'd have the same disorder and it would be treated the same way. How does that make sense?

Genuinely though, check out John Read's lectures on schizophrenia and psychosis, they're very interesting

I'm just saying the term schizophrenia is so broad and vague, even the people studying it don't know what it is. You definitely are suffering from distress, but putting a label on it makes it worse (especially when the label's wrong). I'm sure you've googled schizophrenia at some point in your life? That's how people start self-diagnosing and developing the symptoms. You convince yourself you're schizophrenic so your mind thinks it's schizophrenic

Its in my head so there's no sound, it doesn't sound robotic. Its fluid, and it never makes a mistake in what it says, never studders or Anything. No lack of privacy because it does not see and react, It's pure information. More like an audio book of random facts just always on

The signal that tells you the thought is self generated isn't reaching it's destination. It's the same voice otherwise.

Actually I don't Google syptoms anymore after I found out I was pregnant in the 4th grade. Later had my apendix removed after like 3 days

If it doesn't reach it's destination then How does it get in to my thoughts at all?

get out of here headmate faggot

Hey at least I ain't as schizo as this guy

>Schizophrenia
i have it, what do you want to know ?

Audio or visual? Or anything else that isn't those?

It never stops?

I can't imagine how that feels

It's never annoying?

When I tell her to shut up she does mostly. When I'm talking to someone and she just keeps talking I often lose track of what my conversation partner said, if I couldn't stop it, I'd go crazy

i,ve had auditory hallucinations and voices in my head also i suffered dellusions

treatment isn't so bad, couple of side effects though... i would talk to a doctor about your symptoms as soon as you can, you won't regret it

Do crabs think fish can fly?

how the fuck would i know

Basically segmenting or layering thoughts is not that big of an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if we all do it to some extent. What's worrying is that you consider it another conscience, not to mention the hallucinations. Get help, there's help to be had.

Annoyance is relative. I mean I've had it all my life so it's something im used to. It only bothers me if I have a migraine but rarely get those

I'm worried about losing the voice in my head though. I'm afraid it's my lifeline for information and I'm going to College in Fall and I can't give up a free cheat sheet like that

It s not the voice that doesn't make it, it's the signal that tell's you it's your voice.

the longer you leave treatment the worse it will get, trust me if you start having delusions then you will end up a complete mess, its not nice at all

trusting a voice in your head is the start to a slippery rope downwards... trust me

get help bro

Your memories are your memories. The only physical place they manifest is in your brain, you do not possess two brains. Your mental health is not what makes you pass college, but it may very well ruin your chances of succeeding.

Oh I understand what you mean, interesting. You think it's from a mass amount of stress my brain is dealing with so it doesn't have enough power to do that? But for all my life?

Who is it that knows that knows that you know; that knows what you know?

Me

I

It has nothing to do with stress. Your brain is fucked, go get something to soothe your problems from a psych.

this is good advice.... you sound like you have a chemical imbalance in your brain

Oh sorry thought you mentioned stress, that was another person. Well I'll keep that in mind, not like I have much of a choice

Even as a child?
How did you accommodate yourself with the realization, that there is "something"

I needed 2 years until I finally accepted it more or less

And sorry if what I type makes little sense
This ain't my mother tongue