I'm addicted to biting off finger nails and using my tongue to stab them into my gums where the teeth meet...

I'm addicted to biting off finger nails and using my tongue to stab them into my gums where the teeth meet. The painful sensation is actually soothing. It's a pleasure from pain. I have been doing this for years and im afraid that my teeth will end up like this. Am I the only one who does this? If not, then how would you guys go about quitting this habit?

so youve been shoving dirty fucking nails into your periodontal pockets? thats a good way to get gingivitis.

Yes.

not to mention ruining your nails by tearing the nail bed with your teeth.

I do this too

Yay

I also do this when I'm not picking my eyebrows or eyelashes or clicking my fingers

You're the first person I've met who also cuts their gums and enjoys the soothing painful sensation.

I'll take toothpicks (or specially created platic picks) and stick them between all of my teeth. I drag them across the gums between them all, typically until they draw blood.

Then I take very cold water and fill my mouth with it. I'll sit there and can feel my heartbeat in my mouth as the scratched gums and blood pulsates with the cool relaxing sensation of the water.

Then, to finish off, I get hydrogen peroxide mouth watch and repeat step two.

My teeth are actually surprisingly nice.

the periodontal pockets are adhered to the roots of your teeth, when they separate from the root they leave an area for food and bacteria to get stuck. the food feeds the bacteria, the bacteria produce tartar around the root. as the tartar layer thickens it makes the pocket bigger allowing more tartar to form. once the pocket reaches jaw bone, the bone is open to infections. the infections will slowly disolve the bone, loosening your teeth untill they eventually fall out.

hi OP, Have you tried smoking to quit that bad habit of biting your nails?

Get others to punch u in the face instead masochist. You're female right?

zozzel

I used to take these flossers (pic related) and put them between two teeth and rip at my gums until I would rip little chunks off. I would then fill a Dixie cup up with very hot water and swish it around.

I wish my teeth looked this good

Kek

I'm not joking. Last time i had a teeth cleaning at the dentist, it was the 90.

*90s

I do the same thing. Ive done it for well over 10 years at this point and dont have the gap like that pic shows.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wanna see a pic?

DID exactly the same OP.
Didnt end up with that kind of teeth, but with fucked up nails.
You better just stop doing it, because at some point you'll be insecure about your fingers.
Just stop it.
Tell people around you that you'd like to stop and they'll help you.
Its pretty good to do, but it takes for ages to let your nails grow in a normal way.

yes pkz

yes

I too enjoy this sensation, but I use these. Not some manky fingernails.