The astronomically impossible odds that we beat just by coming into existence is beyond fathoming...

The astronomically impossible odds that we beat just by coming into existence is beyond fathoming. Of all the rocky little orbs of molten rock those billions of years ago, of all the planets capable of sustaining life, it was our little rock that was chosen by the threads of chance to be the little rock that gave birth to Humanity. Our little rock has had so much happen and has so much more awaiting it. None of the seemingly infinite events that shall occur on out rock will ever come to be of any importance however. No matter what humanity will accomplish we have nothing that we can give to our mother; The Universe.

Realising that all actions taken will ultimately be quelled by time, the futility of human memory, or the end of the universe itself is all you need to do to become truly enlightened. Humanity and all we have done, and will do is nothing more than a miscast die on the table of the universe. As soon as you come to understand this you can let go of the emotions and thoughts that dominate the mind of man and move to understanding the concept of “Oblivion Acceptance”. What is “Oblivion Acceptance”? In its simplest form “Oblivion Acceptance” is what many would regard as a nihilistic belief in oneself to achieve a form of spiritually enlightened state by opening oneself to the idea that all actions are futile and ultimately amount to nothing when viewed through all that has, can, and will happen.

In the context of a reality where no actions of anything within the universe hold any significance upon the universe itself, the only things that can hold significance to the universe will be a force outside of the universe itself. This is a foundational part of understanding the concept of Oblivion Acceptance; because you are a being that exists within the bounds of the universe, nothing you will ever accomplish will hold any effect on the way the universe will end. This is what truly matters, what we leave behind as our legacy.
To elaborate, the legacy of a man spilling his cup of tea on a sheet of white paper will be that the paper has now got a brown,tea coloured stain across it. The paper may have this stain for the rest of the time it exists, or it may have the stain wiped away somehow. But in the end of the day that paper is burnt under a pile of kindling for the man's fire. The paper had an action taken upon it that affected its existence to what one could easily agree is something that will last for the rest of that paper's existence. But at the end the paper is burnt, regardless that the man had left his legacy as a tea stain across the paper.

Our universe is just that, a piece of paper sitting on a desk, and regardless of how many times we spill tea on that paper, any impact we had upon the paper is lost when the paper is burnt.

When our universe reaches its inevitable conclusion this shall be the fate of all our legacies and thus only the acceptance of the oblivion that lies beyond is logical.

Anything else is futile

Hell yeah man.

Care to share when and how you came to this conclusion? At what age? How old are you now?

A lot of what you said reflects my current beliefs / feelings.

>The astronomically impossible odds
Well, the universe is astronomically big too.

holy fuck, tech decks

those were the shit dude. I had this playset with a half-pipe, a rail and a bunch of other shit and it was all detachable and I was king of my motherfucking school yard.

goddamn this is just a nostalgia thread for me

Okay but what are the odds that you are you currently experiencing this reality

I came across this train of thought last night, i was sitting up late at night and started writing. I don't know if this is truly what i believe, but in some way it feels right to me.

I dont know why but i just feel like this is a concept i want to work on and develop.

Im 19 btw just wanted to post this and gather a general feeling of what people think

Yawn...Yawn...
Yawn...
Yawn...
Try again? Yes/no
I am not a robot...

Its gonna happen somewhere as long as life has a higher grade fuel for their body e.g. oxygen

Is that Casey Neistat?

Have you ever experimented with psychedelics?

Lol, this is called nihilism. Oblivion acceptance, what a rip off.

Nah its Dylan Klebold. every ones favorite colombine kid

Nietzsche wrote about this in 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'. Go read it, Speck of dust.

Iv always been interested in trying something that can alter may state of mind. Because of medications i take. Iv in the past done amphetamines and a fair amount of weed, tahts about it

OP left because of his shame. Trying to rip Nietzsche off. Fag.

Faggots, OP.

I'd recommend DXM, extremely easy to obtain and imo a seriously underrated psychedelic.

I've tried LSD only once and various RCs (like an idiot) numerous times, but tripping off of 888mg of DXM was by far the most intense experience I've ever had.

Pure bliss and awareness separate from myself, time lost all meaning and each moment felt like eternity. That's only what I can put into words, the experience was completely indescribable with human language.

Felt reborn the day after, perspective on life radically changed.

This sounds interesting. I dont know about the availability of something like that in the country i live in though. New Zealand basically only has P and weed.

i'm 29 years old, i've spent my life studying political theory, law, philosophy, and this is the single greatest, most comprehensible and compelling explanation i have ever read for nihilism

Faggot.

Then you haven't read Nietzsche, fucking liar. He's the fucking guy, the leading figure on nihilism. You thick fucker!

nietzsche is fucking terrible at nihilism. hes so fucking mainstream that its sad.

It's just cough syrup, so unless for some reason NZ doesn't allow DXM in otc syrups should be relatively easy.

Also please be sure to read up on it / check out safety guidelines before diving in or i'll feel bad.

Golden rule is to only drink something that has DXM alone in it, absolutely no other active ingredients.

Yeah. Most of us understand, on some level.

What you do after you realise is what matters tho.

Some say 'everything is pointless'.
Some say 'why not make the most?'
Some say 'im going to make a profound statement on Sup Forums'

Spoken like an uneducated faggot. I have a philosophy degree from UC Berkeley where I studied Nietzsche under the tutelage of one of the leading figures on Nietzsche, Hans Sluga. Fuck your pea-brain.

So you got indoctrinated at Berkley huh? You must be so enlightened