I have schizophrenia. Ask me anything

I have schizophrenia. Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depersonalization-derealization-disorder/basics/definition/con-20033401
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sauce

do you take amisulpride

She's a suicide girl and there's a list of her pictures in imgur. Sorry I don't have the link anymore

I don't take medication. It doesn't sit well with me as I have other mental illnesses that get fucked with. At least that's my experience with meds

have you ever put a sharpie in your pooper?

Ask yourself anything

I am afraid of getting it. My family had it. I have DPDR and loads of anxiety tho. How do you know you have it? Do you forget where you were and so on?

No but maybe one day I will be able to convince my girlfriend to sharpie her pooper

kek

>When did you know you first had it?
>How are the voice different from voices coming in externally?
>Do you get visual hallucinations and if so what are they usually?
>Can you find a positive about this whole thing? (Ignore society and its rules for this last question.)

Do crabs think fish fly? I fucking hope so

That's how I got it, it runs in my dad's family. I have a voice in my head, audio hallucinations frequently, and visuals not as often but have been picking up recently. Nothing super clear in visuals, just a flash here and there. The audio hallucinations are very clear. I'll think I'm eavesdropping on someone and walk out, no one there.

Which part of your personalities should we ask?

i have schizphrenia
shouldent that be we have schitzophrenia

So you could be hallucinating complete conversations?

Are the voices in your head familiar to you like, something that reminds you of your uncle, father, mother etc?

Do you have a good potato salad recipe one of your personalities can share?

Do the hallucinations make you feel like you lose contact with reality? Do you ever question what's real or not or how do you cope with that? I've been through psychosis once and that feeling makes me question everything at times.

Do you realize that your hallucinations aren't real when they happen?

On my phone replys may be slow
It didn't really connect with me until High School, that's when my dad told me it ran in our family. I have always had a second "conscience" which feeds me information of things I learned. It's as if I'm hearing my voice in my head except it's completely seperate and feels deeper. The external audible hallucinations feel like its legit sound coming in to my ear if that makes sense. I can't see the visuals clearly, it's just like a creature thing running by at the corner of my eye. The voice helps me with tests and reminding me of things. So it's pretty sweet.

Only one personality and that's mine. Not like that

I don't hallucinate talking to people but hearing them outside of my doors, yes.

Nope same tone as my voice but feels deeper

My great grandma has a dank recipe, will ask sister in the morning and post again 8pm tomorrow. PST

No my visual hallucinations aren't strong like that.

Right after I turn my head to look. I realize it was just another vision. It scares me sometimes, I can almost see it's eyes.

Creative minds make awesome cooks, thanks!

What about the audio? You know instantly or realize after? You said you could feel like you're eaves dropping, is it always the same type of voice/does it feel the same?

I don't realize until I check. Im pretty sociable so I generally try to go join, but then yeah no one's there

Im really interesting by the fact that you say your other voice feels like its coming from a deeper place, that place is probably your lizard brain, which is basically the bedrock of your brain. Somehow its getting its word in directly. Thank you for answering my question's, I hope things go well

I had broken my foot, I had rather large cast for it, and had to use crutches to walk. My skitzo younger brother thought I was a killer robot sent to kill him. So in the middle of the night he had grabbed a kitchen knife and started stabbing door and screaming I'm going to kill you before you kill me.

Is The Shining like your documentary

It feels like it's coming near the center where as my voice in my head is near the top/front. No problem and thanks man

At least His logic is intact. Its pretty smart to kill a killer robot before it gets you. He should've been quieter though

I'm also schizo.

Do you ever stare at your self in the mirror and you start morphing and get uglier and uglier till you eventually become completely hideous?

I've never seen it. I also don't like scary movies because of my anxiety. My girlfriend loves them though so if you think it's worth a watch I'll suck it up with her.

lol

Nope. I think I'm a pretty attractive guy, could lose a little weight but honestly who wouldn't want to? My visuals aren't that strong yet but have been getting increasingly worse. If that does happen I'll definitely come back to /b to update.

Also wtf captcha?

join the government anything hierarchical/warset loves these types of menatlities

>as long as ur functioning

Recently moved to a new town, looking for a job. Going to College in Fall. Pretty average guy except I have a cheat sheet in my head and hallucinate

How old are you?

19 really but I normally just say 20 cause at this age there's no difference

>hallucinate

like you've got an over active pineal gland spitting DMT perma or something?

smoke some cigs to suppress and swollow ur toothpaste

or find more directional energies; to create

What the fuck are you doing in the garage? Your ass should be in the kitchen.

They put fluoride in the water here but I was raised out in the country on well water. My pineal gland can be pretty intact. Parents used to do a lot of psychedelics too so that may have gave me a boost. I use natural tooth paste with no flouride, id rather not become a zombie. Recently started smoking so it may help not sure

>smoke some cigs to suppress and swollow ur toothpaste

Great advice you've got there, mate...

I would blow a load just trying to get the head of my dick between those pussy lips. I wouldnt care if this bitch was my cousin, Id start play wrestling her and somehow end up with that pussy in my mouth.. beee leave dat

Fucking same. I fapped to her set for so fucking long. She's in to some kinky shit too, definitely do not mind.

OP here

I dont know what happened, I went to get food while waiting for some questions and when I came back someone was pretending to be me?

Anyway, I'm back now so AMA.

Fellow schizo here.
When I'm looking into a mirror I often can't recognize my face. Not that it's warped, I just doesn't feel like my own.

Well if I was looking to get rid of my schizophrenia that would be pretty solid advice, at least he's helping

This guy

As if you were looking at a mirror in your dreams? I hear you can't see clearly, I wouldn't know I suck at lucid dreaming

Have you ever "woken up" with a complete stranger fucking you?

Nope, I have woken up to a blowjob but it was no stranger

OP,

I'm 31 and I'm starting to have visual as well as audio hallucinations. With audio, I could swear to god there's somebody talking near me even though nobody is, and with visual it's letters switching around, or I'm not understanding words that I'm reading.
Is this anything similar?

I worry often that maybe I have something. I don't really see why though and maybe I'm just paranoid about being mentally ill. The thought seems scary.

Are there any symptoms that really stand out? What do you have to go through everyday that you'd consider different?

Who's that looking in your window?

The audio you're having sounds very similar to mine, but the visuals aren't the same. Can dyslexia be dormant and come out with age? Are you seeking help? Are you in a relationship?

When I was about 9 years old I had some audio hallucinations, some female voices whispering in my ear, something like "don't be afraid". Of course I lost my shit, I was alone at home at that time so I ran all the way to my uncles house 1km away to feel safe. That happened only once to me and I'm 22 now, is that a sign I might be f*cked up?

Underrated post.

You straight up see and hear things that aren't there. You pretty much know, I have heard that you can trick yourself in to having schizo symptoms of you do worry about it too much

I'm not religious but sounds like an angel. Could have been just a fluke. It could be a sign but if you haven't had anything else for so long I wouldn't worry too much. If you do start seeing things, obviously seek help.

I zozzled pretty hard, couldn't follow that shit up well enough but I did answer

Don't know if schizo or just trippin

I think I'm good then. I'm good at reminding myself about reality.

Probably going to prune soon. Thanks for the questions

Yeah man as long as you don't lose grasp of that. Always check things, that's the most valuable advice I can give you

I mean, does that not work for you though to calm it down a little? Can you not just keep reminding yourself that there is a reason for odd things you may experience? Or does it somewhat take control and convinces you?

When it comes to Schizophrenia, you really need to understand that sometimes, there is no reason. Even in life, many things happen without a reason. I think why I don't have problems in society is because when I realize it's fake, I don't let it bother me. I don't consider if it's happening for a reason and if I think it happens just to happen then I don't stress man. Stress kills more people than schizophrenia man, and with my anxiety, I can't risk that.

Her name is alorali.

Faggot ass OP can't be bothered to look anything up.

FUCK YOU OP! YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Do the voices force you to be a fag or are you just a fag

Sorry can't reverse image search on my phone. Was pretty useless there. Thanks for the sauce though

I'm not a fag, more likely you probably just don't like me very much. Its cool though

nah, you are worthless.

I hate you more than your family does.

I think my net worth is about 2700$, obviously not good but broke college guy. Families fine, they just wish they could see me more. I'm not too fond of them. Is there a reason you targeted family without any other history of knowing mine? Do you have some issues with yours? I'm no psychologist but Alice has a thread and she's very good.

Here you are

fellow schizos i have some questions:
my dad had some severe schizo but my mom didn't, about how much probable it is that i also have schizo? how can you even tell that you have schizo? im 21, am i too old to even have schizo to begin with?

also, i always have this weird feeling of pressure in my chest but i hope it's unrelated
ps: sorry for broken english

Not sure what the ratio is but it can skip generations. Being 21 and having no prior issues with it can mean that you're in the clear. Although I have also been told that schizophrenia TENDS to develop as you get older. Be wary and get help if you have immediate concerns

what sort of negative symptoms "if any" do you have? eg do you have trouble getting things done, motivating yourself, maintaining your hygene and so on? if so how badly?

Also I can tell cause I hear and see things. Its pretty obvious to me atleast, sorry forgot to answer that part

My hygiene is fine, there are no direct side effects besides the symptoms. I have been told that schizophrenia could alter my mood and actually be creating my depression and bipolar symptoms but those run in the family too so I'm pretty sure I just got the full cocktail

Also keep in mind my bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety have all been profesionally diagnosed. Doctors orders, the whole thing. The only thing that hasn't is the schiz but I hide that for obvious reasons, and in fine with that because of the lack of negative effects

Thanks for the questions. Be back again

How is schizo a bad thing?...It seems like it would be a enjoyable, thing life can be real boring at times...visual and audio hallucinations would be sweet? no?...btw I'm the type of person that enjoys having nightmares...

Well in extreme forms it can impair social aspects of your life and rip you from reality making you unstable and a threat to society. Basically if you don't see what everyone else sees, people will fear you

Interesting thread OP, thanks!
Looks like you're doing good with a supportive girlfriend and starting college.
What country do you live?

USA, West Coast. This is actually the best my life has ever been, thanks for noticing

My uncle has had this for 2 years due to mushrooms. Stuck in a different world.
He even triend to kill a family member and had highspeed chases on the highway because he thougt he was being followed.. He makes it pretty good tho.

For this guys reasons, it's bad

Only done shrooms once, wasn't bad. Just a long bus ride home. Does he take medication? They just let him be a member of society?

does that mean you are into traps but you say its not gay?

That's sexual orientation confusion. Close

How can I tell if I have schizophrenia.

I've got DPDR and anxiety and my doctor thinks I'm schizoaffective, however, I show no positive symptoms.

How is it he thinks you are schizo but show no symptoms? Also what is DPDR?

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depersonalization-derealization-disorder/basics/definition/con-20033401

I only have negative symptoms

Trouble with motivation, isolation, etc.

I think he's wrong, but many schizophrenics don't accept their disease. I'm trying to give this a fair shake.

That sounds so trippy man. I'm not sure how you would differentiate DPDR from schizo. How long have you had DPDR?

a friend of mine has it and thinks he's God. I've tried to make him realize how fucking insane this is. Is there anything I can do to make him realize he's just fucking insane?

If he truely believes it then you can not convince him otherwise. If you were able to I would be worried, destroying the reality of a schizo is sketchy business. I wouldn't want to be there, could set him off. I suggest you find new friends

ask yourself anything

4 Years

DPDR definitely isn't schizo. It's more related to anxiety and trauma.

Simpson's did it

I live on campus at university and there's this as guy I know that has schizophrenia. He's always bugging out really hard, and it astonishes me that he believes the things he thinks. Any advice on how to talk to him or interact? I'm psych major, so it's pretty interesting. One time he told me that he could hear the buzzing of a fridge in the shop near our accommodation. The fridge was like a fucking kilometer away.

he has believed this for god knows how long now, he started telling me since about a year ago. he does a lot of drugs.

i've tried to convince him many many times how ludicrous this is. he's started telling other people too and even claims to me he "has followers"

i stress here how i am NOT kidding. he LITERALLY believes this, i talked to him about it many times since he keeps mentioning it, or trying to steer the conversation towards it, basically driving me nuts with it.

Really don't think that Acid Bath tattoo was the best idea

Ask him about his visions but play along. If he's in his own reality he will want to explore it and keeping his head going could cause for quite the show. I'm actually quite interested

Do these things run in your family? Or have you been through some shit?

The first album was great tbh

>Anonymous 05/11/16(Wed)23:35:40 No.683

I only gave you a minor example as well, he's also told me that he thinks his mother is poisoning his food. He thinks the government poison cigarettes. This one time he smoked weed in the forest (Psychoactive drugs and schizophrenia are a bad mix) and told me that there was a demon trying to kill him. His dead father's voice had to guide him out of it alive.

Like, I just can't begin to fathom how someone could be that disconnected with reality. It blows my fucking mind.

I'm also not joking when I say that, that is his new reality. He sounds very fragile, destroying that probably wouldn't be too great. If he is destroying himself, don't let him take you down too. Be wary user

I changed my mind, sounds like an edgy teenager and you should still find new friends