Some friends from work are taking me to a gun range tomorrow

Some friends from work are taking me to a gun range tomorrow.

Never fired or even held a rifle before, what do /b?

Tell me what to do so I don't look like some cuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gvumYInLXy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always keep your finger over the trigger, only pussies and girls keep them off the trigger.
Also, make sure to have just a tiny bit of space between the stock (the back end of the rifle) and your shoulder. You can rest it a bit, but if you rest it too much, the aim will be off.

Go to \k\

mkay
so squeeze the trigger dont "pull" it
when at rest hold the gun BARREL DOWN
coooooooonnnnnstantly check your safely duh
if scope take scope cap thing off
dont be a cuck and dont be cocky
good luck

there's a chance it's going to kick like a mutherfucker depending on the gun. Don't say anything when it happens.

It's going to be loud as shit. Way louder than the media leads you to believe. You may be wearing ear protection, but if you're not just be ready for it. Seriously I've seen people cry from shooting their first time and having no ear protection. It's that loud.

Also keep your finger off the fucking trigger until you shoot.

Take it firmly in your hands and look down the barrel to make sure there's no obstructions. If there is an obstruction clear it by pulling the trigger while looking down the barrel to make sure it clears properly.

Wear a white tee or even a wifebeater and the shortest gym shorts you can find (you can wear like a tracksuit over it or something so you dont like a freak on the way). With all those primers igniting, it gets really stuffy inside gun ranges! You'll be more comfortable this way and your friends will appreciate that you at least did some basic research.

After you squeeze the trigger dont let go of it right away. Keep it squeezed and slowly let off until you hear the trigger click and reset, then slowly squeeze again while keeping the sight picture the same and holding on the same spot. This is only if its a semi auto though

Finger off trigger until it is downrange. Don't hold it like a nigger

As you aim, your breathing will move the barrel up and down.

Inhale and slowly exhale until you are on the target and then hold your breath until you squeeze the trigger.

Bring your MadCatz 7.1 headset as ear protection, walk over guns to pick them up, run with knife out, when instructor starts to annoy yell 'flashbang' and throw a shoe.

Fight those intrusive thoughts to shoot yourself in the head.

This is the hardest thing to do

Don't pretend to be knowledgeable about firearms if you aren't. Just go there to learn.

Fucking kill them.

Dis nigga knows his stuff

OK the finger over the trigger thing is obvious, but I assume that keeping the stock just far away enough... It'll pop my shoulder blade or some shit?

Aim the pointy end down the range.

So these sound genuine... Thanks!

It's going to hurt and you'll most likely miss. Hold it tight to your shoulder

After you shoot a few magazines shoot the rifle empty, dry fire it downrange and see if you have a flinch. If you flinch it will fuck up your shot, you can flinch from recoil or just from how loud it is if you arent used to it. Wear ear plugs and ear muffs if they are available

Thanks!

Hold it against your shoulder. People telling you to leave a gap are just trying to get your shoulder bruised as fuck.

Squeeze the trigger, don't "pull" it.

WEAR EAR PROTECTION. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. I DON'T CARE IF THEY DON'T HAVE ANY, BRING EARPLUGS JUST IN CASE.

Learn the 4 rules of gun safety.

>Tell me what to do so I don't look like some cuck

Don't hold/fire a gun (important)
Don't be a 'muricuck

Don't dry fire it OP. Not your guns and dry firing can fuck up the firing pin depending on the gun. Only dry fire if you really wanna look like a newb

Kek, good one user

Don't listen to this faggot. He's just mad because his government won't let him have one. Cucked faggot that he is

Dry firing is only bad for old rimfire guns, even new .22s have no problems dry firing.

Lean into the shot and fire after exhaling but prior to inhaling. Placing the stock against your shoulder tightly is important, but leaning into the shot will ensure you don't sway backwards and look like a weak faggot, even though it has nothing to do with strength. It's just something that will indicate to others you may be new to shooting.

With the hand not on the handle, place it beneath the magazine. It gives you more stability, and at the same time you can reload a lot faster.

I'll have to look into this. Sounds legit. I was just taught that it's never good for your guns

Ensure the barrel is at a 45 degree angle beneath the chin, or else you'll live.

Don't be afraid to look new. Most people will gladly teach, unless your friends are total asshats

Typical fucking 'muritard answer

>huh he goes against my belief.. He must be jealous! Yeah that's right I'm still awesome right? RIGHT???

Retards. Your indoctrination levels are way up there with muslims and feminists.
So yeah, go ahaid and take MEDICATION as recreational drugs whilst I buy my weed in the shop around the corner. Later sukkels

Yes! This OP, if you wanna look like you know how to handle a gun, a quick tap on the mag-eject, followed by gripping the mag and placing it down. Don't just let it slide out and hit the ground, as it might be damaged.

Why you so angry?

you forgot that its ALWAYS ok to point a gun at someone as long as it isnt loaded

You mad bruh?

Make sure you you frequently look down the barrel, just to make sure it's clean. Also when aiming it, relax and hold it loosely. Keep it close to your face when you fire.

I mock you because every argument against guns is a bunch of trumped up stats and misinformation. Proper gun education is essential. People fear what they don't understand. I mock because no matter what I say I will always receive blablah talking shit answers. Never anything intelligent like your post that I'm replying to. Faggot

What harm could an unloaded weapon possibly do?

If a pistol, don't limp wrist or youll get a failure to feed

long rifle (hunting/bolt action), don't get too close to the scope eyepiece unless you want a black eye

shotgun, just grip it firmly and be prepared for a sore shoulder

if semi auto rifle (ar variant) have fun

>keep finger off trigger unless ready to fire
>keep barrel pointed downrange at ALL times, even when laying gun on table
>make sure you pay attention for when range goes hot/cold
>dont touch the gun when range is cold
>always empty your magazine when firing
>always clear the gun and show the other person that theres no round in the chamber before passing it over to someone else

this man knows his guns.

>\k\
fucking idiot
/k/as in

Foremost: the basic gun safety rules.

Never point a firearm at something you dont intend to destroy. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded unless the last thing you did was make sure it was checked safe, even if you put it down and immediately pick it up recheck it is safe. Finger off the trigger until you are ready to destroy something. Dont muzzle sweep anyone, ever. Obey all the range rules, if you dont know them then ask about them before you step foot near the live range. ALWAYS wear ear protection, being deaf does not make you a badass.

Now for shooting...

1. Hold it firmly. Are you squeezing the grip tightly? You're not squeezing it hard enough. Squeeze the everloving FUCK out of it until you have a few shots down range and you know what will work and what is likely to not work.
2. Breathe out and hold your breath OUT while lining up your shot and then taking your shot.
3. Operate your firearm slowly and with purpose, squeeze the trigger increasingly, don't pull it unless you like hitting left of centre / right of centre for lefties.
4. Best foot forward and lean in to it, it will try to knock you on your ass, don't let it.
5. Cheek on the cheek rest, eye stays away from the sights... unless you enjoy getting hit in the eye with a scope or whatever.
6. Start on the lowest calibre available. Even a .22 will surprise you if you've never fired a firearm before.

If someone tries to hand you a big calibre with a massive, shit-eating grin tell them you want to work up to it. If they insist then tell them to stop trying to make you kill yourself. Something like a .45-70 will fucking murder the shoulder of the most experienced shooters, in the hands of a beginner it's straight up dangerous.

Finally: don't be a dick. Don't blame the rifle for a miss, don't blame the sights (even if they are off you've always got Kentucky windage) and try not to get any hot brass down your shirt. The hot brass dance is one of the most embarassing things you can do.

I am of communication of reality/life of picture of galaxy of:_{-\_"\_ Milky Way _/"_ of map of human/embassy/base/matter-ta-war of since/so/cause of human of living of military of nation of:_"\_ United States _/"_:-_ of:_{\_ Randy Cramer live at the Triad Theater on Nov 14, 2015 Part 2 _/"_ of moment/time of:_"\_ 13:41/1:34:02 _/"_:-_ of text of link of:_"\_ youtube.com/watch?v=gvumYInLXy8 _/"_:-_/}_:-_ of since of a human of named of:_"\_ Randy Cramer _/"_:-_ of military of:_"\_ United States Marine Corps Special Section _/"_:-_ of military of:_"\_ United States Air Force _/"_:-_ of showed/communicated of the picture of galaxy of:_"\_ Milky Way _/"_:-_ of _/-}_:-_ since of Mericans of living of an exigency/emergency of a technology of body muscle flexing caused of energies at metals of in/at of human since of energies sent/from of machines of far of miles/kilometers of human of stimulated ta body muscle slackening/tensing; so I am of communication of spiel of technology of text of:_"-------\_
Three/3 communications/explanations/informations/texts of a technology:
1/One: body muscle movement caused/since of energies at human caused/since of energies sent from machines far of miles/kilometers;
and/or/an-other-communication of 2/Two: human of technology of machines...machines transmit/send energy...energy at/striked/hitting metals in human...metals moved/arranged...so/causing/thus...electricity of in of body so...body muscle flexing of human of living of tensing/slackening of muscle;
and/or/an-other-communication of 3/Three: STIMULATION OF BODY-MOVING/LIKE-SENSE SINCE OF ELECTRICITY OF CAUSED OF IN OF BODY SINCE 1. tiny metals in human 2. metals moved since of energies striked/hitting metals 3. energies sent/from machine far/distant/not-close/no-nearness of miles.
_/-------"_:-_

Awesome advice, thanks user !

While shootin a rifle i always secure the rifle nice and steady on my shoulder, if i leave a bit of space it will feel indeed like a punch every fucking time that you fire

Always make sure to do a visual inspection of the barrel before you fire. This is to ensure that there aren't any defects or built-up sediment that could cause the gun to explode in your hands.

This is done by looking down the front of the barrel with the safety turned to the "off" position.

listen to range officer
follow your friends advice

let them know it's your first time, so they watch out for any mistakes you might make

don't panic, stay calm, and have fun

Rest eye on scope, put rifle butt on top of shoulder.

Only if you use it as a baseball bat on someones head

Extremely good advice. Be sure to do this very frequently.

But then you can't have the finger on the trigger, so it's actually safer having the finger over the trigger at all times.

lol. Checked

people against guns are always so angsty and get so fucking triggered when the topic of firearms sprouts any where around them. If you're anti-gun I automatically assume you're fucking stupid, or you're scared of them for no reason which go hand in hand really. stop being a pussy, go grab a .22 for your pansy ass and test it out, you might have fun.

>hot brass dance

Always the best part of your friends shooting next to each other.

This really only applies if you're standing, which is the worst possible way to fire a rifle. However, if shooting trap or skeet, this is important

This is really sound advice OP follow this. Better than anything I could provide

Don't put the scope too close to your eye.
Please remember this. You will get a bad cut on your eyebrow, otherwise