mixcloud.com/FunkFerret/funk-ferret-the-golden-age-of-hip-hop/
youtube.com/watch?v=R87g9VChhow
genius.com/Shahmen-pine-demo-lyrics,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cant wait for his new album

also this one, can't decide which one's better

Follow the Leader

loved this album, definitely underrated

I have never seen any redeeming aesthetic value in rap, hip-hop, or any "black" music since funk went out of style. Can you explain to me the appeal?

I like it because, if used properly, it can expand your mind, help with self confidence and make you feel better about stuff as much as prog rock can...

What a concise and calm answer, get off Sup Forums

>redeeming aesthetic

anything by mattybraps

Expand your mind in what way? For what it's worth, prog rock isn't my style; I tend toward psychedelic music from the Sixties through the modern day. And I don't think it's the music that helps me with self-confidence as much as the acid. :P

my honky

whats your point?
exactly why hip-hop can help build self confidence with the need for acid

Like. I'm seeking to understand what about rap or hip-hop is expansive or confidence-building.

Well, in a way of vocalizing your inner thought with words, like using proper word to use in conversation... Acid helps you while you are on it, rap/hip-hop helps you permanently, and acid probably just helps you slur it out, and cause your are high as balls, you don't really care what you said

oh fuck yes, also Dah Shinin' dude

Check out Big Pun or Big L

mixcloud.com/FunkFerret/funk-ferret-the-golden-age-of-hip-hop/

Don't forget Nocturnal

Don't know if anyone here knows what this is, but it's one of the absolute dopest rap albums to come out in recent years

I'm not sure I agree, for several reasons.
1) Having been raised in a predominantly white community, I've never accepted the language of rap. It seems to have an utter lack of enunciation, grammar, propriety, or any of the other things that make the English language beautiful. Because of this, I never even thought that it could help me improve my self-expression. But I've never been bad with English, so.
2) Psychedelics have helped me permanently! I at one point had nigh-crippling social anxiety, being unable to make myself interact with others. Since my first trip, I've found that a social life has sprung up around me; I don't remember the last day I didn't have friends over, go to a show, have an adventure, or otherwise enjoy spending time with people. And all this is having not done psychedelics in nigh on six months.
3) Perhaps acid affects us in different ways? I find exceptional eloquence when tripping; many of my best poems and essays were written within a week of having tripped.

youtube.com/watch?v=R87g9VChhow

Surprised it hasn't been posted yet

Its not necessarily bad in terms of lyricism and the english language, depends who you listen to. If you were to listen to MF DOOM, for example, you would find that hip-hop can express the 'beauty' of the english language in a different way.

Mah nigga

I'll check them out! Have you a recommendation for where to start?

>Having been raised in a predominantly white community, I've never accepted the language of rap. It seems to have an utter lack of enunciation, grammar, propriety, or any of the other things that make the English language beautiful. Because of this, I never even thought that it could help me improve my self-expression. But I've never been bad with English, so.
If you look at it this way you're either vaguely autistic or have your head up your ass.
I never understood rap at all when i was growing up either, but only because i didn't actually listen or try to extrapolate the meaning in the lyrics.
When I went to university my friends all listened to hip-hop and I hated it, a couple of tracks were kind of catchy but that was it.
When I turned 20 I was going through some rough shit and asked my mate to recommend me something, he gave me to listen to, I smoked up and put it on and was blown away.
Just through 9 tracks and a relatively short playtime I got an appreciation for a way of life I knew fucking nothing about.
The lyricism was so fucking clever and smooth that I was just blown away, never imagined it could be so intellectual.
It's just I thought all hip hop was the kind that gets played on the radio/is pop music.
I was so, so wrong.

Good shit bruh

1. Sure, nurture has a lot to do with it, i've learned a lot of english listening to rap,but still check this out genius.com/Shahmen-pine-demo-lyrics,
2. Ok, i didn't say drugs are bad, listen to rap, i just pointed out that if you had anxiety, got into rap, went out to some rap battles, it would probably help you deal with it
3. Probably, i've tried acid twice, both bad trips man, i was so shitfaced
4. I'm not saying rap is the best form of music, but it has some parts that makes it unique and to conclude, music is swedish buffet, if you take just one piece of it, you'll get full, but you will miss out on other good things... Good luck with poems and essays

Underrated

my African American friend

Um, DANGERDOOM is probably the easiest to get into, but mm.. food and Madvillainy are definately his prime

God tier like Filipino cupid

Faggot

Earl Sweatshirt is absolute garbage, could barely call it hip-hop

I've always preferred Stankonia more than Aquemini

Yeah I can appreciate that.
Stankonia always felt a lot more like a pop album to me though, also I get the feeling at that point they were already going their own separate ways a lot

Tpab all day

>underrated
underage

Not my favourite hip-hop album, but rare in that it is almost flawless, just two lacklustre tracks: Everything is fair and infamous date rape

Also this.

And cuz da bay

Here's a little more Wu Tang.

I disagree, yes they're not the best tracks of the album but they're far from lacklustre. They perfectly intertwine with the flow of this album

Overrated

they flow fine with the rest of the album but the lyrics are weaker and the hook is more prominent, which isn't a good hook in either case imo

kill yourself

Obvious b8, good try m8

Ok.... still overrated

Not really

nah

yall crazy. kendrick and earl run the new rap game, you cant compete with their vocabulary, and if someone says that eminem is better than everyone then their prolly white trash.

>Kendrick and J Cole

Fixed it for you sir

J Cole is the definition of mediocre

in your piece of shit opinion

Lmao J cole is such a whiny faggot , with no substance whatsoever, just a lil better than drake , nothing more

Overrated

i am so happy this was the first thing thrown down and also jelly you beat me to it

>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░█▀▄░░░░▀█░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░
>░░░▄▀▄░▀▄░▀▄░░░░▀░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀▄░░░
>░▄▀░░░▀▄░▀▄░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░█░▀▄░░░░▀▄░
>░█▀▄░░░░▀▄░█▀░░░░░░░▀█░▀▄░▀▄░▄▀█░
>░▀▄░▀▄░░░░▀░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀▄░▀▄░█░▄▀░
>░░░▀▄░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░█░▀▄░░░░▀▄░▀█▀░░░
>░░░░░▀▄░▀▄░▄▀░▄▀░█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░▀▄░█░▄▀░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▄░▄▀░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░█░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ .

Has anybody listened to Kirk Knight Late Knight special? Is it any good? And similar to what?

>earl sweatshirt
>vocabulary
Are you 12? Even shitty post-eminem show shady is better than earl sweatshit

It's meh

explain or you're trollin just to troll.

Agreed, Earl is an edgy 14 yo, who's trying so hard to be taken seriously, basically just doing the whole eating a cockroach shit when tyler was an edgy cunt

Eminem is more comercial than your mom fag

Earl is still the same cancer he was in Odd Future

even tho earl doesnt give two fucks about odd future, his lyrics are superior to any fags that are releasing music atm.

thats the problem of people. They relate earl to OF even tho hes not on that shit for years, he released original content and not some bullshit of samples and trashy mashups like TLOP

I just wasn't feeling it. It's by no means a bad project, it was just alright to me. I guess it's because people hype it up to be the pynical of lyricism, but I didn't think he lived up to the hype

This is a contender for my top 5, maybe 10, but I was blasting it all day, so I had to give it a shout.

Why tho?

J cole is the most boring nigga out there, bruh

i respect that sentiment, i didnt love it on first listen either but when you understand the context of the album you will see how it is impossible for it to be overrated. Nas made that album as an independent in 1992, but it wasnt released til he signed with columbia records in 94. Creatively almost every element of what would come to define 90s hip hop can be found on that album. The album has gone on to platinum status without ever receiving major radio play. from its inception the album has had to overcome every obstacle possible so it is impossible for it to be overrated.

I usually give albums multiple listens before I decide if I like it, unfortunately this one didn't grow on me. But I respect it more now that you told me that

Underrated
1/3

Underrated
2/3