Currently in a fight with my girlfriend. looking for opinions

currently in a fight with my girlfriend. looking for opinions.

My point is that a simple "no" with no backup doesn't end a conversation, it leaves the other party wondering "well why not?". In a bar scenario my example is "hey, can I buy you a drink?" "nope" "why not?" she says that the 'why not?' here is pushy and it's a dick move essentially. We're not owed an explanation, if she says no you should fuck off right then and there. I say that if he accepts no immediately he probably wasn't very interested in talking to her in the beginning.

Basically, I don't see this as a gender issue, a simple "sorry, I'm not interested" will end the conversation much faster. Does it guarantee he'll leave right away? no, but it shows your intentions much more clearly... right?

Yeah you're right. The courtship between girls and guys is not black and white. It is a game. Most of the time girls want to see if you're really interested and will play cold-hot. In the situation of buying a girl a drink however, if she says no to that then she's definitely not interested. Even a mostly uninterested girl will accept a free drink.

that's a fucking dumb argument you're having there OP

You are more than welcome to ask why not. But you'll look pathetic and autistic doing so. Why do you care so much about whether or not a complete stranger accepts your offer with an explanation or not? THEY AREN'T INTERESTED. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS YOU NITWIT.

As a guy, I actually think your girlfriend is right.

If she says no then you drop it, continuing to pressure a woman who turns down a drink is just going to annoy her and make you look like a fool.

tell her youre breaking up with her since its not gonna last

>buying a woman a drink in a bar to get her attention
Pathetic, you already failed and deserve rejection.

It sounds to me like you want to control every conversation by creating arbitrary rules. Nobody owes you shit, OP, especially not a fucking explanation.

I also agree with your gf. There is nothing I hate more than woman that say no but actually expect to try harder or something. Just tell me what you want instead of some guessing game.

If you're talking with a friend, asking them why they're (not) doing something is perfectly fine, but a total stranger that doesn't even want anything to do with you doesn't owe you anything and you shouldn't care about it anyway.

Here's a nice little hypothetical for ya.

"Good afternoon, sir, would you be interested in hearing the story of the Book of Mormon?"
"No."
"Well, why not???"

You're girlfriend's right and you're an idiot

Not sure of the context, which would mean a lot, but I abhor women that try to end conversations, arguments, which they usually start, with "no", as if that's the final word.

It lacks reason, logic, closure. They want to swoop in like a dive bomber (an entitled one), drop their verbal bombs, and not allow you to retort.

This is a sickness of character, and the only real solution is to dump her. She will never be rehabilitated, she will never change. Her entitlement is deep, she feels justified in not having to explain something. Usually the case is they cannot explain something, especially if you've built up reason and logic. It becomes so stifling to them that they refuse to expound on the subject, or they simply lack the capacity for such.

Either way, it will never change. I'm 42, and I assure you, people don't change that often or radically. Not that it can't happen, but odds are against it. Save yourself from being around this individual- leave her.

OP is saying by instead saying that by explaining your 'no' you will confirm that you want the conversation to end

"Good afternoon, sir, would you be interested in hearing the story of the Book of Mormon?"
"No. [explain why]
"Oh, ok have a nice day."

instead of

"No. [no explanation to why you said no]"
"Well, why not???"

While I agree that something along the lines of "sorry, I'm not interested" is a nicer thing to do, it is the same thing as saying no. If you're going to wonder "well why not?" then that's your choice, but whoever said no to you gave you their answer. Your argument is flawed, sorry user.
Stop arguing with your girlfriend over arbitrary garbage and talk about something else, something fun, intellectually stimulating, or philosophical. Give her a massage and enjoy your time together, life is too short for petty arguments. Tell her she's right, because she is, and move on.

sorry for grammar errors if there are some... english isnt my native language

>so I'm trying to have a rational argument with a woman

yea have fun with that OP

sorry bud but your premise is too vague.
married couple picking how many children to have:
A: 3
B: No
well thats a fucking mess

in a bar
A:drink?
B: no
A: convo games is on....!
perfectly acceptable

your premise is utterly flawed without context. AND these Sup Forums faggots are correct - no one owes you shit and you can wonder til your grave.

learn how and when to to be an annoying faggot

learn how and when to create sparks and fun

No means no friendo. You can keep trying to test the waters, but you risk being an asshole. And no, you don't have the right to an explanation for "why not." Nobody owes anyone anything famalam.

Brodo Baggins, your hip young lingo is too cool for school, fool. Gimme some skin, up top.

Or if you aren't a whiny autistic faggot, you'd get the hint and move on instead of pushing it further into pathetic cringe territory. This isn't a job interview and there's no professionalism obligating her to give you feedback. Bitch isn't interested, asking her "why not?" is basically asking her to explain why she finds you so repulsive and pathetic that she won't even accept a drink from you.

How the fuck does somebody like you get a girlfriend though? You seem awful

Ayyyy guess who's coming famalamadingdong!

ITT Op gets anally buttfucked

No one owes you an explanation for anything. A flat no's enough of an explanation; they don't want you. End of story.

Don't waste your time with someone disinterested, anyway. Life's too short for that shit.

hear cum dat butt boi

asking "why", shows you care, i don't understand your girl-friend's point

EXCEPT if baby mama and you disagree on baby count: she owes you a conversation and reasons

like i said, your no context shit is shit

aaaaaay

lmao

only fagots show the care
ANAL NOW

it's a hypothetical, and I'm not saying a dude is owed an explanation, I'm saying an explanation, or even a "sorry, not interested" will end the conversation there. Most people, I think, will go looking for more when presented with a "no" with no backup

exactly, not giving any clear sign of "I'm not interested" leaves shit vague

Noone is owed an explanation of why not, but asking the question after a blank no is justified, no?

No worries, friend. I'm always self-conscious about my grammar and syntax when I speak Spanish or Chinese. For the most part, you wrote well! Now back to the topic at hand, it's not that there's a problem with the language or word choice; it's cultural at this point. "No" is all thats necessary to end a conversation, especially when someone instigates the conversation and you just do not care. It may be more polite to say more than just no, but all thats necessary to simply end an interaction is a negative response.

>
youre a fagot and when you get no, its a no
when i get no, its an opener.
fuck you you thick headed moron

what?

again, this is a hypothetical situation. I'm saying that a no is vague, and can be talked around. not by tricking the girl, but because she's playing the game. trying to figure out if they're playing said game is, to her, being a pushy asshole

He's a rapist, I believe is what he is trying to tell us

in your second situation, if B had said "no thanks, (explanation that clearly shows they're not interested)" then the conversation would end there. She wants the conversation to end immediately at that no, even at a bar.

again, it's not that she owes an explanation, but that in giving one, she shows clearly her lack of interest. even just a 'sorry, I'm not interested' will go much farther than 'no'. I'm not interested might not make him leave right away, but it will definitely put him on the path. Saying "sorry, I'm with someone" or "sorry, I'm just waiting for my ride to leave the bathroom and take me home" or anything that explicitly says "fuck off" but nicely, will usually get the point across and he'll fuck off

Lol. Anything ends the conversation.

And if someone says no, it should be a cue enough for anyone with half a brain. Who fucking cares why not. You don't want it k, I'm off the next bitch. While I don't consider it a dick move, but I sure do consider it a stupid move. For the sole fact that you didn't get it the first time.

OP, no man should argue with a female for more that 5 minutes. you're a cuck.

'No.' In that context >implies 'Not interested.'

Why care why not? because they could easily have a reason for not wanting the drink. maybe they don't want to feel like they owe you something for buying them said drink. if he then says "how about I just sit and talk?" is that out of line? The only point I'm trying to get across is that no on its own can invite more conversation, but a no with backup will give them less to go on.

see
buying a drink is my current example, but her point spans pretty much any interaction anywhere. the second she says no to anything you're to leave it at that and never ask a question

That "no" means "fuck off"

currently we've only talked via text about this, and I think we're missing a very important issue here. body language and tone. when she says no it trails off and she doesn't usually have much conviction in it. She doesn't like conflict so she has a hard time giving a "fuck off' no. I picture that no when I think of someone saying no in these situations. if she gives a sharp no, or she's clearly not paying attention to the dude, that, in my mind, is much closer to the fuck off I'm looking for.