Do you believe in a God? Yes/no + explain

Do you believe in a God? Yes/no + explain

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Atheism is stupid

Well

Christianity.
The belief that an invisible sky genie willed the universe into existence.
Doesn't seem any better to me.

I don't, but would like to be proven wrong.

Agnostic

No, The fact that we're made just to suffer

Ok there Nietzsche.

I dont believe in anything... We are just a mistake that is created by coincidence.. We die and their is a empty void waiting for us...

So make the best of it

Sorry I mean Shopenhauer, got my philosophers mixed up.

The idea that all societies have formed religions and a belief of God from the dawn of time points to there being some type of intelligent design.

Science disproves itself stating that life can not be made from something else that is not living. Ex. Mice from breadcrums... World's from an explosion.

You can try to ignore this but it doesn't mean that we were not created just because you don't want to think there is more to life than your selfish agenda.

Atheism is a belief. It's just another religion.

how is that true? We believe to believe in nothing?

I like to think as an atheist I believe in logic.

You believe that there is an alternate to creation weather a big bang or a floating turtle in space it's still a belief

fair enough

its entirely irrelevant , there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of a creator... you cant run a test to prove or disprove it.

its a complete waste of time to argue about it, atheists and theists are two sides of the same coin.

Not really since atheism is characterised by a lack of belief in a God, and religion is characterised by a belief in a God.

Logic... Again nothing logical about the big bangs begining of differentiation in species. You act like you have thought about the whole process and understand it entirely.

Either troll
or religious. (it is always hard to tell).

Eightanic trips of truth

Do you understand that it is not logical to get life from non living objects let alone super compressed gas...

>muh fedora is superior!

I find it more logical to believe in a process of the big bang than a magical sky genie willing all of existence into being.
Also, anyone with a high school education has at least a laymans understanding about the big bang.

>I have no counter-point so I spout memes.

This, although creationism is crazy and has gaps, or more so things we don't understand. At least it doesn't disprove itself.

I don't think it's entirely impossible, but currently there's no evidence at all so why should I believe? The same applies to almost everything, though. If god one day descends from the heavens and we can reach a consensus that it is indeed happening, why should I NOT believe?

Currently siding with the militant atheists though. Religion is disgusting and destructive, if it is organized and has any say in the actual real world politics/decision making etc.

IMO the only rational way at the moment god/gods could exist as they are depicted in the holy books is that the simulation hypothesis is real and somebody just created god to fuck with us or for some other reason. That actually scares me a bit.

One of my greatest fears is also that I convert to christianity out of fear when I'm about to die.

Fug God.

Because you were brainwashed into thinking it's a fact. Nice story bro still not logical.

You can be agnostic and an atheist.

You can be a pinky pie bitch too

I never once said the word fact, I used "Believe".
Now give me a counterpoint that actually means something.

Implying it's not the humans that are the common denominator in the destructive part....

Do you understand quantum physics?
Or whatever school of science that would be applicable to conditions prior to the beginning of the universe?

Do you understand RNA? Protein strings? Genetics?

There is so much at play that you and I can't possibly comprehend. If you want to talk about logic though, explain this:

>sky genie makes whole cosmos. stars, galaxies, planets, solar systems, moons, satellites, black holes, quazars etc instantly
>spends 7 days on an insignificant mote of dust (before the sun was made, too. So not only did he do it in the dark, he did it in 7 days before 'days' were a thing).
>im going to put tiny monkeys on this spec of dust
>I will give them free will but only to do what I say or else i will torture them forever

Truly, if there is a God, he is the ultimate evil.
How is it logical to even assume such a ridiculous character even exists? And why would it be logical to not hate him?

A belief based on happenstance is not logic. In no way is the big bang logical. Only until you get to the ideology of natural selection within ones own species does it become logical, and scientific.

Dr.Strangedubs

No.

The concept is entirely born from imagination, there is nothing suggesting it except for the anthropomorphization of all that surrounds us by our ancestors.

I don't need a 'how' or a 'why' to all this, and I can't just go running with whatever notion pops into my head about it like its fact, or someone else's head millennia ago.

Logic does Not have to come into play in creationism. No one has ever said that. Logic does have to come into play for evolution or it is an invalid argument.

It's only illogical because you'd have to think outside the box to even comprehend it.
And by outside the box, I mean as far outside of the box as you can get. Outside the 'box' that our laws are contained within (this makes it a little difficult to be sure).
The only people who say they know for sure how the universe began is religiousfags. Science does not even profess to have all the answers.

It's called anthropomorphization. It's a reaction to the unknown.

Kids do it naturally to everything. That's why everyone came up with dudes behind every natural phenomena.

That alone is enough to refute the concept of adam and eve.
It is theoretical science yes, but I still hold more "faith" in it than I do religion.
Something good happens "It's a miracle", something bad happens "God works in mysterious ways".
I would rather just cut out the middle man and believe in the universe itself and the intrinsic chaos it holds.
I would rather not be an ant putting my hopes in the one with the magnifying glass.

> doesn't believe in god

I don't because I want to see proof. There's no reason for me to believe in any book such as bible Koran etc because it's been created by fellow men. I feel if God was real then he/she/it could announce itself to humans. On the flip side maybe you're supposed to have blind faith but if that's the case I'm not wasting my life abiding by rules in the hope it's gonna help. If I go to hell I'll deal with it then but in the meantime I want proof before I commit belief

No, and I shouldn't have to explain. Religious dipshits should be the ones that need to justify their stupidity.

You are special in your own way.

Well that's a given, right? But I really do think that religion is destructive to society because it really is like a virus that kills rational thinking. I think that believing something with no evindence at all strips you of all credibility.

On another note, the amount of highly religious people in the US, especially on the higher ladders and scientific community is pretty disturbing ATM. It's a great example how NOT to build a society.

Elaborate.

Rather be a bitch than a snitch.

Oh, so it's an unfalsifiable hypothesises? Why didn't you say so?
Isn't it convenient that God is just totally beyond any realm of logic and observation?

Or another one I love. When something shitty happens, like children die for no reason, or good people suffer, and it's always
"God works in mysterious ways!" well no shit, if he's real, he's clearly fucking psychotic and beyond reason.

You have to seek the proof in order to find it...

I don't see that there's anything to explain. You either believe or you don't. I don't.

And that's how they get you

Lol again somone that thinks they don't believe in made up malarke and is mad that other people believe in something too. What a man child.

I don't know about you nerds but I'm not a religious person and I don't have a fedora to argue with which bible thumpers, but I think there's a God . Not a old bearded man, not a 8 armed blue elephant man, but a being far greater than out understanding , observing us.

Pic not related

God Exists
Yet God is dead
and funnel cake is good

If you are agnostic, you are atheist.

Telling others how to live is a worse way to build a society. Thats whats disturbing who are you Hitler?

Lol wut

Science has already determined that you can't create something from nothing, so creating an entire universe from nothing would definitely be impossible (in scientific terms).

Therefore, invisible sky genie seems like the most plausible option to me.

Yeah but what am I looking for? I don't think there's a purpose to life. And I think the argument that you're born as part of a bigger reason is just an argument you can't win against. Religion just seems like god moding to counter everything. Literally just say god did this or that and no matter what you reply it's wrong

Don't do it, user. Don't do it.

>Implying antimatter doesn't neatly explain that.

there are always 3 answers to every question.
yes.
no.
i dont know.

im in the third category.

You are truly ignorant. Children die because you and I. God has no say in that do you even know what Christianity is? Fallen world ring a bell? Maybe free will? We are the cause of evil is if you are mad at anyone be mad at yourself.

Antimatter is only a theory.

The first sentence is just plain wrong.

The second sentence relies on said invisible sky genie being created from nothing.

>using superficial understanding of scientific notions to justify the rejection of actual scientific theory.

>what is determinism vs free will
>what is apologetics

there's a whole field of people out there trying to rectify that cognitive dissonance.

you should just be a good boy and turn a blind eye

Yes, children die because of you and I, obviously.
You people are fucking disturbed.

Reach for dictionary.

Look up "theory".

So is god.

>there are always 3 answers to every question
This user failed at math.

>being this retarded.
a widely supported theory that supports the bbt and is much more credible than a fucking space genie

saying that atheism is a belief is like not being a fan of team is actually being a fan of team

god is a story, not a theory.

I believe in everyone's right for theology or not.

if we consider the memes. the atheist have won centuries ago

+1 for a real thought
Maybe there is more to this than us... Be careful selfish basterds might get mad it's not all about them.

so you are saying according to science science is wrong

You also need to understand the definition of "theory"

>doesn't know what a theory is
And if antimatter being a theory is enough to refute science, then why is a fairytale any more satisfying?

Oh so what do you call a belief system where energy is brought to a giant cloud disney in the sky?

Not sure if bait, but sure:

Freedom of thought and therefore religion to me is absolute. But when the irrational way of thinking contaminates the levels of society on which the real world decisions and policies are made it starts to get dangerous. You know, like, making a huge environmental risk analysis and including a god in that? Shitty example, but there's a point.

I'm not saying that anybody has the right to ban religion, but I'm hopeful that in the future, as people get more educated and question the way religious argumentation work, religious people will eventually be the minority.

a choice is only a choice in retrospect.
prior to that, it only exists as a concept.

you are in a state before you choose, and you are in a state after your choose. the state in which you are before your choice always occurs, but the 2 possibilities after your choice only exist in retrospect.

thus just as an electron exists as a probability wave, your choices aren't choices until they get made.

therefore if its a choice that is not compulsory to make, its not really a choice at all.

thus there are always 3 outcomes, not choosing, choosing yes, or choosing no.
it is only that we imply that one must choose, that one fails to see the option of inaction.

This +1, every idiot commenting on you is just saying # science and they think that can fill in because they have no clue what they are talking about...

this.

You my man need a physics class and to read about what the big bang is really about :^)

Hoes ain't loyal

>+1

Does it have evidence to support it? Then it's a theory.

im atheist myself but my friend believes in a god, but not your typical supreme space gandalf god, more of a galactic consciousness.

he said he recalled an article about how literally galaxies were being formed that resembled the same network structure as brains, and said he wouldn't be surprised if out of the uncountable number of those, that one was actually sentient and could think.

Go on a self journey try to seek scientific truth and or a God and decide for yourself. If you truly seek it you will find it. Don't let others lead you take it all with a grain of salt and discover yourself.

I do not blieve that there is a god, nor do i rule out the possibility. having a firm standing on science has made me realise that most of religion is bullshit, but there are some things that science cannot explain currently

whether we ever will know or not, is a different question

>irrational way of thinking contaminates th elevels of society on which real world decisions and policies are made

>what is political correctness
>what is feminism
>what is modern healthcare

if we were rational, we'd stop being so sympathetic to false rape victims, abandon PC talk and actions, and stop letting people with congenital deformities reproduce and pass it onto their children.

humans arent rational though.

Fair enough, so it is a belief not a theory.
My, bad.

This user also failed philosophy.

Oh rly? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter

That's a semantic problem. You could also say that there's 2 sets of 2 outcomes.

First: to make a choice, or not?

Second: the actual choosing.

wouldn't there be no point in even considering whether or not there's a god?

We don't even know what's going on in the world around us very well, yet, so it's not like we could accurately judge how the universe came to be.

All we know is that in the beginning, there was a pulse. We don't know what caused that pulse, but we see the results of it. Now we need to figure out the situation that created that pulse.

gachiGASM