Linux master race

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9sJUDx7iEJw?t=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

win (7 and 10) and debian for personal pc's
win server, win (xp and 7), debian, and vmware os for personal servers

win (xp and 7) and debian for the vmware vm's

Debian stable

Still use Windows Vista. No upgrades have come out since.

ChromeOS

Win 7 and 10 and an older Mac OS X version. Want to convert one box to Linux.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

found the masochist

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fag

Ayyyy

temple os

I use console commands.

inb4 satan os

8 yr old detected

I fucking kekt , this pure copy/pasta I hear his damn voice.

This Stallman guy will be remembered for being the biggest butthurt of the FOSS history.

Think about it, he is now butthurt for like 20 years with this gnu/linux shit and still can't get over it

This shit ain't funny

you browse Sup Forums with curl ?

Ubuntu

Arch on desktop, mint on laptop, Debian on servers

Although I wanna get Tails.

install Mint or GTFO

First, Linux-fag here, so I get where you are coming from.

Second, please die. Fucking Autists spewing copy paste in lieu of providing inspiring, informative, and easy to understand information for those on the outside.

People wonder 'Why the best technology, has the smallest desktop user-space?' Simply put: toxic community.

Tails rock !

install gentoo

Gentoo. Because fuck systemd with a rake.

I'll stick with arch.

Fuck off mint is the worst of the whole lot.

Ubuntu 15.10 and occasionally Windows 8 for TF2, lol.

@bartts
@larsg310
@haantjespeder

Never understood the systemd hate.

There are good reasons to/not to use it. Just install another init system base on your preferred technical merits.

Again just a community being unnecessarily caustic.

Windows7 because i dont have autism

Gentoo

I like Cinnamon and Mate, but dame that release cycle so slow.

98 reporting in
Nice not having to download updates like you other cucks

damn even

yeah, Much outdated package in mint theses day, idk why

Are you still butt ass mad over all these years, i took your kernal and made a better more functional operating system, i also took the idea and made money off of it because livingbin my moms basement aurguing about the old starwars is not how i wanted to spend my life. Get over it hippie i made a much more functional os.

thread theme:
youtu.be/9sJUDx7iEJw?t=13

lets all sing along

Xubuntu
Winblows is for niggers and jews

>mfw linux relies on having internet connection
>mfw everyone loves linux so much
>mfw you can use windows 95, xp, 2000, 7, 8, 10 without having an internet connection

Tell me again which is spyware :)

How does linux rely any more on an internet connection than Windows?

unless you can prove to me linux doesn't require an internet connection then don't even respond to me. The last time I tried to install anything on linux without internet nothing worked. I even followed instructions from my pc that did have internet, but you litterally have to type in a fucking command to download shit from a server that you have no idea where its coming from. Its literally fucking spyware and thats why its free.

you type in command to download your software with linux, thats how. If you don't you can not install it. Windows all you gotta do is run an install file that you get from a cd or floppy disk.

Wrong. Everything in the repositories comes from trusted sources and you know it's compatible with your OS. Windows you have to download shit from the internet in some zip file that you don't know who out where it's coming from....idiot

exactly! you HAVE to use an internet connection for linux. You've proven my point. Now fuck off.

also
>trusted
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you keep using your spyware

This is so stupid and your logic makes literally no sense, all you've show is that you fundamentally don't understand how Linux works.

Have fun going to wal mart and buying some stupid internet security program for $100that is a scam anyways and not needed while I type in sudo apt-get install

yea and ill just install shit from cd/floppys on my windows xp without internet :) while you get your software from a "trusted" source

no i understand it clearly. Its an operating system that relies on internet, what happens when internet becomes only available for businesses? You're fucked thats what.

Regardless linux does not require an internet connection to use. Maybe to install new programs but who doesn't have internet these days?

3/10

Manjaro KDE

linux comes with nothing when you install it the first time, so you will need to get new programs, in fact they rely on that. I just said what happens when internet becomes only available for businesses? Also another thing to point out is not everyone has access to wifi/ another ethernet wire. Take me for example my computer i use for windows xp i can easily download stuff from my computer with windows 7 and put it onto the windows xp. If I had installed linux on the xp computer i wouldn't be able to install anything cause wifi is shit in my room and i only have 1 ethernet cable which is in my 7 computer.

no one has proven to me shit so fuck off. It requires internet, and you know it.