>Faroe Islands

Not invited
>Glasgow

Other urls found in this thread:

skyelander.orgfree.com/scot3.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AiZqFGLAeAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Scots think the Viking age lasted till 1263

A girl from Aberdeen said nothing good has ever come from Aberdeen. Five minutes later I realized I could have said at least one good thing has come from Aberdeen.

Lads

>Glasgow not invited
Shan't be bumping this bigoted thread.

Inverness is the one true capital of Scotland.

>tfw auld alliance
feels good man

Act of Union best day my life desu

alri then bye

Reminder that if your last name starts with Mc or Mac you've literally won the lottery of life

No Ireland? Ulster Scots? Fuck ye

NEW

Scotland is a city in Telfair and Wheeler counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 300
>the CITY population was THREE HUNDRED

What the fuck is wrong with Yanks?

>Not invited
>>Glasgow
Cheeky cunt

Who /Aberdeen/ here?

Can't wait to get back to Edina haha.

>tfw family changed named from Mac to Mc because they didn't want to be associated with the Jacobite branch of the family

The Stuarts were twats and Cromwell was a top bloke

Good lads

Mc is the Irish spelling

No getting away from your Hibernian roots

Good thread this for anglo-saxons and gaels alike.

Sick of people starting Scottish threads and including all manners of tarriers and fenians.

No blacks, no dogs and absolutely NO Irish.

There's another one
>Scotland is a city in Archer County in the U.S. state of Texas. It is part of the Wichita Falls, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 501 at the 2010 census.

>No blacks, no dogs and absolutely NO Irish.

PS the scots were an Irish clan that came from Ireland and subjugated the Picts and made them speak Irish and the scots are essentially Irish and Anglo Saxons aren't welcome here

NEED A SWARTHY RUSSIAN GF

>the scots are essentially Irish

don't think they thought so in 1916 lad

WE WUZ SCOTZ N SHIET SASQUATCH

Sorry bud, 100% Pict here, no Gaels allowed

Oh fuck off with your pseudo-history you fenian soapdodger.

You lot are literally our equivalent of African-Americans.

mine is McAdams

Actually, this is no longer believed to be the case amongst academic circles.

t. Did a semester of Medieval Scottish history.

It's not pseudo history, it was the academic consesus a few decades ago.

good lad

didn't know I needed this until now

>Aberdeen
Feel bad for you.

>kidnaps you

>this is what the English desperately want the UK to be like
>mfw they will never, never have it

My family is originally from Cumbria I believe, am I welcomed?

>Around 500 AD the Scots came en masse to the Argyll coast and the Isles. This migration differed from the early raids in previous centuries. Unlike the Scoti involvement in the “Barbarian Conspiracy” against the Romans, and other raiding activity, this time they came to settle. The 7th century Irish “Senchus fer nAlban” or Tradition of the Men of Scotland, records the story of the semi-legendary Fergus Mor mac Eirc (Fergus mac Erc), King of the Scoti, who moved in strength from Antrim, in Northeast Ireland, to the southwest area of Highland Scotland (Argyll and Kintyre) and surrounding Isles. They were known as Dal Riata and spoke Gaelic, established a new kingdom in the territory of modern Argyll, which became known as Scottish Dalriada.

>This is the beginning of the ancient kingdom of Dalraida, whose inhabitants would later give their name to the entire kingdom of Scotland. From this point forward, historians make a separate distinction of Irish from Scots, although the two peoples continued to associate, marry, trade and even feud for much longer. Dal Riata’s strength was her naval power as her inhabitants were linked only by the sea. By the 8th century, its navy was able to engage in fleet actions in open sea. Their ships, as were those of the Picts, were often as simple as large hide-covered ‘curachs’, with wooden frames. It relied mostly on human power - oars -- for propulsion, but often did have a single sail. Larger ships were rare, but did exist. Naval might was but one method, albeit an important one, by which the Scots gradually overcame the southern Picts. This would not happen until the mid 9th century under one Kenneth Mac Alpin, and the new kingdom would be called Alba, not yet Scotland.

/cuck/ general then

explain how most of scotland started speaking irish then m8

I'm a history student and I've told him this innumerable times. Don't waste energy on him. Same tarrier bastard in every Scottish thread.

>a few decades ago
Precisely.

Its not that bad 2bh. Going back to auld reekie for five weeks on Saturday anyway.

Anyone else here have Scottish nobility for ancestors, and is a direct descendant of Charlemagne?

>swarthy Russian

A Turkic gf. You want a Turkic gf.

>Nova Scots

Despite the name Prince Edward Island has more people of Scottish extraction per capita than Nova Scotia.

Do Scots actually use the term 'pintle' unironically?

WE WUZ SCOTS AND SHIIIIIIEEEEET

nice rebuttal

Then what happened to the Picts? Did the scoti, an Irish clan from northeast Antrim not establish the kingdom of dal riata and gaelicise the Brythonic speaking celts? Did they not then go on to establish the kingdom of Alba, later known as Scotland?

What happened over that period of history? Dickhead

Don't want a "UK" at all

Oh look, my favourite. WE WUZ and muh heritage all in one succinct post

WE

Yeah, but I'm part Cherokee as well.

>Prince Edward Island
Nova Scotian colony.

>This literal denial of historical factually correct information

Sad

>ireland

Sad

>An Irishman lecturing us on historical accuracy

mad

mentioned

Nice. Do you get free education and healthcare from the Canadian government?

largest city in my province is named after somewhere in scotland can i post here

Who /Thurso/ here? We Thursonese are the whitest race in Europe.

It's actually very interesting.

Basically in about the 900s there was a coup by a guy called Giric and a younger figurehead who's name I forget. The rightful heirs fled to Ireland, where their aunt was a Queen. Because they were very young, they were brought up in Gaelic culture, and when they returned and regained the Pictish throne Gaelic culture became the court culture of Pictland and spread from there.

It's also thought that the Scots, rather than being a Gaelic clan was a Pictish clan who also adopted Gaelic culture through close interaction.

I think it's all in Alex Woolf's works.

Prove these posts wrong then

>"Sad"
>Not "Sad!"

Went to St Petersburg last year. Fanny is incredible.

Need to go back next summer and get my nat king cole.

No you spacker. Contemporary historical consensus states that Gaelic speaking communities coexisted with Brythonic Picts centuries before the hegemony of Dal Riata. They shared a common cultural heritage with tribes in Ulster due to proximity and the difficulty of communicating with other parts of Scotland due to terrain.

The idea of an "Irish invasion" was discarded in the 1980s. Give it up you desperate cunt. Can't you just be proud of U2 and Colin Farrell instead of making up history to fill the vacuum?

Of course my friend, my people suffered greatly under the yoke of European Imperialism and 1/34th of their blood runs in my veins

No one cares lad, Scotland is a bigger shit mix than England when it comes to this sort of thing.

Yeah, there were Irish settlements and links before dal Riata. And then dal riata was established and the Picts stopped speaking brythonic languages and were gaelicised.

Basically you just proved my point.

>irishmen ruining our threads just like they ruined our country
Ah yes. Our eternal burden. Literally the niggers of the white race.

NO. Other way around, you ruined ours. We literally established yours. Care to explain how we ruined Scotland?

>Irish people this desperate to cling onto their bigger better more successful and masculine neighbour
Sad!

>Literally the niggers of the white race.
Kinda mean to compare black people to Irishmen

What's the source for this?

For a start the Senchus fer nAlban is from the 10th century, not the 7th.

>tfw no alpha as fuck 100% pure scots blood president to make your country great again

>Scotland ruined Ireland

what

10/10 post

>Scots
>Masculine
>Bigger
>Literal alt right weeny saying this because Irish people ruled over and subjugated the native scots
>Scots are now under foreign yoke and voted to stay IN the UK

Sad!

ulster scot reporting in

>tfw trying to pronounce the non anglicized version of your clans name

True

wogs>pakis>irish

>foreign yoke

nonsense, they get ridiculous subsidies and get to vote on english laws.

Gonna need an answer for this lads

You're almost certainly not an Ulster-Scot if you have an anglicised Gaelic surname.

The Ulster-Scots were all from Lowland Scotland, i.e. anglo-saxons.

Its our clay so why not.

Sad little British brainwashed bastard clinging to the remnants of whatever mutt identity he has, probably a quarter black too

The text about senchus was composed in the tenth century

skyelander.orgfree.com/scot3.html

I have never heard a convincing argument against a devolved English Parliament.

>Ridiculous subsidies of £0.00
>Complains about Scottish MPs voting o English laws when English MPs control effectively all of Scotland's policies

>tfw Northern Irish dad
>tfw Scottish mum
>tfw Dad's mum is Scottish
>tfw Mum's mum is Northern Irish

why are ya here if ya hate proddies mate

>He even refers to land as clay
>He actually believe Ulster Scots don't have Gaelic surnames

Jesus Christ I'm cringing from this fellow, back to the 'dit with you pal

Border reivers are the masterrace so sure.

>Scottish thread
>full of English arse-lickers
Those who support the union are infinitely less Scottish than those who don't

That is not an academic source.

Please try a again with a real one.

youtube.com/watch?v=AiZqFGLAeAc

that's because isn't one, but the jocks won't allow the english to rule themselves

It's from a respected historian so fuck off and cry you little British bootlicking twat

Explain to me in your own terms how the kingdom of Alba was established and what happened to the picts dickhead

the scottish crown inherited the english throne m8 nothing wrong with that

Literally not true.

Scots were massively in favour of federalisation.

>Scots are now under foreign yoke
I em born in Inverness. I am a passionate Highlander and I love SCOTLAND and I will take a stand tae keep the United Kingdom together. I will give my life fur my country as my grandfather did in the first world war and his brother Chairlie.
HIGHLAND REGIMENT.
BRITISH ARMEH.
I AM BRITISH FUREVUR. WE WILL NEVUR EVUR CHANGE. We will keep our union together in the NAME of Jesus.

Cool

It seems like Northern Ireland is where the highest percentage of people with my last name are

Spoken like a true fenian

>Northern Ireland
No such thing

He was an author from the 30s.

He has absolutely no place in a modern academic debate.

T H U R S O