I just watched this movie and holy shit, is Mexico really that bad?

I just watched this movie and holy shit, is Mexico really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbqv1kbsNUY
youtu.be/nX2gtblTeqI
telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11327276/Liam-Neeson-tells-Texans-your-children-wont-get-taken-in-Europe.html
nytimes.com/2016/05/27/world/americas/mexican-militarys-high-kill-rate-raises-human-rights-fears.html
borderlandbeat.com/2016/05/mexican-military-most-efficient-killers.html
inquisitr.com/3135597/mexican-military-kill-rates-leave-people-fearful/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Mexican_Drug_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)
cbsnews.com/news/us-suspects-mexico-cartel-in-cia-agent-shooting/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-06-27/four-reasons-mexico-is-becoming-a-global-manufacturing-power
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-11-27/mexicos-surprising-engineering-strength
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_median_age
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah, this movie is considered a comedy in here.

When I saw it in the theater people couldn't stop laughing at many parts from this movie, specially when it becomes Splinter Cell.

What exactly is wrong?

Go to mexico, is not far away from USA

Haven't seen it yet user, trailer looks good tho

meh, it's common for people here to nitpick over little stuff in American movies like they don't understand the concept of artistic license, the movie would have to be cringey as fuck tho to call it a comedy. Now there's bound to be a couple of things that Mexicans would consider involuntary humor but given the casty and the tone this looks more like Mexi-poster here being edgy

>it's another "I saw it in a movie therefore it's true" american post

Oh shot so all that stuff in La Haine wasn't true either right? Like the banlieus aren't full of underemployed violent shitskins?

Oh wait

>hurrr durr let me comment on something I haven't seen

Fuck off, retard.

The usual stuff of Mexico with a yellow filter, always showing the poor parts of Mexico, exaggerating the violence in Mexico, US forces shooting in Mexico aka in a foreign country while everybody is watching, etc.

How is the violence in Mexico right now? Has it slowed down?

Yes, because I've never encountered stereotyped comments like yours before but I'm sure this one time out of a hundred you post is spot on right?

There's been a surge in the last few months, mostly cartel on cartel violence but there's always colateral damage

>hurr durr you opinion is wrong because I haven't watched the movie you're talking about

You sound like an absolute retard.

Slowed down.

Is the American police actually that bad?

I mean they were practically breaking a 100 different laws.

Dude, do you even like get it what an argument is? You just repeated yourself like a dumb fuck, I wonder if you understand I was talking about YOU, not the film.

>[spoiler]we are going to give the business back to Colombians because they were less dangerous even though their muder rate was well above 60, which is more than 3 times the murder rate of the worst year in Mexico[/spoiler]

Soundtrack was nice, though.

Are you retarded or something?

At least watch the stupid movie before posting like a retard.

No and that wasn't the police
It was a coop of CIA FBI Cartel and hired mercs

It slowed down between 2012-2015. Violence is surging again in 2016 sadly, although it is still not as bad as it was in 2010-2011.

my bad, I mean the american government then
from what I remember they actually ended up running their own drug cartel just to get closer to drug cartels

What did she mean by this?

Yeah that's mostly CIA stuff
They are known for doing shady shut
You can spend days reading over the stuff they've had a hand in
>the contras
>manuel noriega
>Ramadan revolution

I'm calling YOU edgy dumb fuck, it has nothing to do with the movie, do you have a fucking reading comprehension issue pendejo?

top kek, you're an absolute retard.

You expect to be taken seriously when you haven't even watched the movie.

Apparently I'll have to walk you through this slowly.

Is the movie a comedy? No, far to the contrary on just looking over previews for clips at youtube is pretty obvious the film is a violent one, nevermind the trailer makes it abundantly clear it's got a grim gritty tone. Maybe the movie is good, maybe it's shit, but allowing as I did on my first comment it could very well be a particulartly bad example of film making, a fucking piece of camp full of involuntary humor, and that's what I meant with "cringey" chances are good it's not a fucking comedy and most sane people wouldn't consider it so.

Now you don't need to have read something like say Shelley's Frankenstein or Stoker's Dracula to know it's only edgy dumb fucks calling for attention that would call it humor, now would you? The argument stands regardless of whether the movie is good or bad.

I'm calling you a dumb fuck edgy retard because your answer to OP's question about things being so bad as whatever was depicted there is fucking comedy to not just you but the average Mexican, cuz WE are all pparently edgy as fuck.

Yes, I've seen Del Toro trying to pull off a Mexican accent in other movies, I'm sure there were probably parts of it the whole theater was laughing with you, I doubt that turned it into a comedy for most of the people there tho.

It's about YOU dumbass, not the fucking film, which I'll now be unable to watch without being haunted by images of a drooling retard laughing through the whole thing, thanks for ruining the immersion.

Try fucking Google translate if you're unable to follow a logic argument from A to B.

Have you considered to visit a shrink? You clearly have issues.

BTW, everything you mentioned doesn't matter since you haven't watched the movie, cry more.

Does mexico have a yellow tint to everything?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=cbqv1kbsNUY

youtu.be/nX2gtblTeqI

Mexico is violent near their northern border. It is safer now I think.

Who's crying you piece of shit retard? I don't care about the fucking movie, Im calling you a dumb fuck moron because you have abundantly proven to be one.

You, cry more.

Top kek, you are true comedy gold with your autism.

>topkek

Now, kiss.

Why are you posting a pic of yourself?

Nice comeback dumb fuck

You haven't visited Dixie.

You're autistic as fuck, nigga.

nope this is holly wood at its best = trash.

It's worse. They literally force citizens to have gladiator battles with machetes and knives. A battle to the death.

>all movies have the same degree of truthfulness

Sicario=wholesome comedic fun for the whole family, must be amazing living in your world

> Mexico with a yellow filter
Good, I'm not the only person who's noticed this. Why? Even Robert Rodriguez does this.

>citizens
Not really.

How can you know if you haven't watched the comedy?

Nope.

What he is talking about did happen, but not with citizens.

I remember a story about some American parents being terrified of the fact their children were going to Europe after they watched the movie "Taken" kek.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11327276/Liam-Neeson-tells-Texans-your-children-wont-get-taken-in-Europe.html

Can you elaborate more?
I mean are the people go on about their life like normal or are they being kept on their toes?
Is the cartel violence mostly at the bad part of town?

Holy fuck a yuropoor did not just post this. Y'all are the leaders when it comes to thinking shit in movies = real life.

Post info

is this a good movie?

This movie makes mexicans so fucking butthurt. Listen i'm mexican, I spent the first 14 years of my life in mexico and still go back to visit. The film is very accurate. Parts of mexico are more dangerous than anywhere in the middle east. But not all of mexico is like that, i'm from guadalajara and white.

tbqh I think is a good movie, but not because the plot, that was a literally transformer-tier comedy.
A convoy full of US agents would never be attacked in here, also not in a public place and even worst never fucking ever would do it in the border.
Narcos know they can't fuck with americans, they shoot themselves when protecting territory, the whole city goes to curfew and military shows up.
That kind of shit used to happen every day in the peak of violence back in 2010, now it happens only once or twice a month in a any given violent city.
I really wish, some people weren't getting used to it, but the true is that they are, the bigger Americans think the problem is, the better agents work in order to clean their public image.
As far as I care US could say in an official statement that we're beheading each other on a daily basis and that schools are being shoot out by gangs, just if that means that things will get better.
But most likely is that that'll take a fucking while.

P O C H O
O
C
H
O

Long story short: we are at war, and we have been at war since 10 years ago when it started in december of 2006. That's when our then president, Felipe Calderón, send the army to kill drug dealers, one of the biggest mistakes Mexico has done in the last decades, as our murder rate piked from a still very high 7-9, pre-war, to almost the triple of that at 22 in 2011, post-war, and the brutality of the murders also greatly increased as the psychological warfare began between rival cartels, the police and the army.

The war is mainly been fought in particularly the states of Baja California, Durango, Sinaloa, Guerrero, State of Mexico, Chihuahua, Michoacán, Tamaulipas, Nuevo León, Veracruz, Coahuila, Jalisco, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Zacatecas, Oaxaca, Morelos, and Sonora.

Those are 17 states out of 32. Mainly in the North (border towns) and the South (contact points with the producers in South America, i.e. Perú, Colombia and Bolivia).

Most of the fighting, though, is being fought in isolated places (in the mountains) or in the bad parts of some cities in those states. Every single one of those states has untouched places and people go on as usual.

Most of the deaths, however, are between Cartel members, illegal immigrants from Central and South America, then the police, then the army, and then some government officials; not the general population, although that does occur sometimes when they are caught in the middle of a fight and sometimes becase the cartels directly fucked with them.

The army is essentially destroying cartel members
nytimes.com/2016/05/27/world/americas/mexican-militarys-high-kill-rate-raises-human-rights-fears.html
borderlandbeat.com/2016/05/mexican-military-most-efficient-killers.html
inquisitr.com/3135597/mexican-military-kill-rates-leave-people-fearful/

But of course, that has done nothing to stop the violence nor the drug trafficking as this is a war can't be won until drugs are legalized

The violence declined between 2012-2015, although it going up again.

And, we are basically the only country in the world that counts people killed in combat as "murder rate", hence, why places like Syria or other places in the middle east are really low, and we are not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Thanks. That was quite detailed.
It's good to know that the violence doesn't spill towards the major cities. That would hurt the tourism if it did.

How heavily armed are the cartels? Are they on par with the army? Why weren't they obliterated 10 years ago?

Watched the movie a couple months back. I can't relate to it like you do but for an action movie it was good. Only thing is, I'm now regretting recommending it to my brother in law. Everytime I meet him now he will say,"Compas, compas." without fail.

>How heavily armed are the cartels? Are they on par with the army?
Very heavily armed, and maybe not like the army but not very far apart.

Why weren't they obliterated 10 years ago?
They were, but they just keep coming back. It is like fighting with the Hydra of Lerna.

>How heavily armed are the cartels? Are they on par with the army?
Very heavily armed, pictured is the usual stuff.

>Why weren't they obliterated 10 years ago?
They were, but they just keep coming back. It is like fighting with the Hydra of Lerna.

so much cringe in this post

Bridge scene was great

>the wall will stop the drugs!!!1!

are these from the cartels are from the mexican army/navy? can't tell the difference

>Hezbollah
WW3 started in Mexico.

I'm sorry to not have a big army since we are a neutral nation without enemies outside of our borders, but we actually spend our taxes in health care.

Sometimes I wonder why the US splurged tons of money to send their soldiers to the middle east when they could've just drive to the border and grab the cartels' cash instead.

Some parts of Mexico are very dangerous, other parts are safer than the United States.

Americans are just easily scared pussies in general.

No it actually isn't

Dude Mexico is actually a developed nation, and they have bad spots and good spots just like any other country. I think the south areas have more gang violence, cartels, and drugs. The big cities have normal people just going to work, there are many businesses in Mexico and these businesses do business with other countries, there are millions of Mexicans with good jobs and they are doing just fine, the issue is not everyone gets to be successful in life, sometimes there isn't enough "good" jobs to go around

Yes.

meh, I actually like the orange filter

We do have better, the military should stop buying humvees tho

Pictured is amphibious which makes it great for jungle, add the Panhard VCRs we could blitzkrieg Central America in a couple of days

Personally I like this one, we are now doing a made in Mexico variant

Nah, we alona have more tanks than you and we actually have APC's. Nicaragua has modern russian tanks and soon jets. El Salvador alone has more jets than you and a decent amount of humvies and APC's. Honduras has the same amount of f-5 as you and that is your best fighter.
If Central america fought together against Mexico you would not win as easily as you put it but you would ultimately win though.

Thanks for these informative posts. I had no idea how bad it actually was.

I didn't say we don't have better.

We don't have any of those because we are not in any danger of getting invaded by any of or neihgbours. Unlike you. If an hypotetical war between us started, we can buy them in a day, and we can produce them very easily as our manufacturing power is huge (way higher than even Brazil, who has tens of millions of more people). We also actally have the capabilities of creating nuclear weapons, but that is never going to happen.

We don't have any of those becase we don't need them. It would be a waste of money.

Like I said, we are a neutral nation without enemies outside of our borders who prides itself in being peaceful in the world stance.

Can Honduras still fly it's F-5s? I think they were decomisioned and they're actually using a couple, as in literally 2, Super-Tucanos, that's the most advanced fighter in Central America right now. El Salvador is using old A-37s they're no match for beyond visual range on the TC-6 Texans we've got right now which do far outnumber the Salvadorian birds.

Here's the thing with the tanks, they're shit for mobility in mountain/jungle, nevrmind our TC-6s are COIN/smart bomb capable. You don't even have that many tanks to begin with, only the 12 M41 tanks plus whichever of your 8 AMX-13s actually remain functional, we've got 120 of the Lynx.

As for Nicaragua, the cheaper modern fighter jets are around USD$5,000 an hoiur to fly, nevermind the acquisition costs, why the fuck are they spending money on white elephants? You do realize this is all academic and that we are not actually a threat to you?

ts fought in Oaxaca?

>tfw no toned submissive british gf

>Impliying all central american countries would not redirect all of the money in our military.
>Implying U.S.A. would just sell their fancy shit to you for actual wars with your neighbors.
>Implying Russia and China wouldn't sell us weapons cheaper than to you.
I thought honduras still used all their f-5's based on youtube vids. You think salvadorean a 37 jets would not destroy your prop planes? C'mon. Yes all central america combined has a more varied mobile equipement than mexico. We also have all terrain j8 jeeps, many types of apc's and much more tanks.

Look, Mexico would still win ok? Just not like germany in WWII. You are not THAT powerful.

>Impliying all central american countries would not redirect all of the money in our military

I mean, it's not like that would make a difference.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

>Narcos know they can't fuck with americans

cbsnews.com/news/us-suspects-mexico-cartel-in-cia-agent-shooting/

say again

Ok now you are just being a dick. Ofcourse it would make a difference, we don't spend that much in our militaries. I will remind you you talked about invading all of Central America, and our combined gdp is decent. You would be an invading force, it would be easier for us to defend ourselves. Many central american countries already had wars recently and we have more experience than you in guerrilla warfare

I'm sorry man, I'm not even trying to be rude or anything. But our military is underwhelming right now not because we couldn't have a stronger one, but becase we don't need a stronger army. What we have is fine for our needs.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-06-27/four-reasons-mexico-is-becoming-a-global-manufacturing-power

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-11-27/mexicos-surprising-engineering-strength

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
Just on sheer numbers alone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_median_age

must be

city of god is actually too soft for real BR situation

I know. I don't think you underestimate our own combined forces, just saying. This would never happen ofcourse and even if it did the U.S. would play world police and stop it.

Flick was dogdick anyway.

In all fairness Blitzkrieg as a strategy does depend on surprise, and I haven't gone through all our inventory, eg Blackhawks certainly make good tank killers, especially if we are talking the Central American vintage.

As for the Dragonflies beating the Texans I don't think you got the point of beyond visual range weapons, it wouldn't be dogfights as in WWII movies, those prop planes do actually have armament which was designed this century, not in the Vietnam era like the Salvadoran planes, their only match would be the Honduran super Tucanos which are also turbo-props, fighter aircraft aren't necessarily better because they've got jets.

It took a couple of years for _Germany to overwhelm Europe BTW, while in all fairness you might hold out more than a couple of days we are talking weeks at most for conventional warfare, you know as well as I do that your only strong card would be underground resistance/guerrilla warfare, there I'll grant you it could take decades for Mexico to beat you. It's your people's skill and courage that are your country's best defense, not your armament.

But on just sheer numbers the Mexican army would simply walk over your conventional forces.

Well yeah, we really don't like war, we have had our own share of it and we are sick of it. I really wish we (Latin America) could get our shit together.

The CIA has never been afraid to help rebels and crime syndicates as long as they are willing to cooperate with the CIA in return.

Ahhh fair enough. I'm no expert in war but I like the topic sometimes. We would never fight eachother in a real war, atleast not Guatemala. Our military was better during the war when we actually put money on it. Now our objective is the police and trying to clean the country of the gangs.

Reminder Alejandro did NOTHING WRONG and the stupid bitch did everything possible wrong.