Alright Sup Forums I'm looking to get a new motherboard with a am3 socket I was eyeing the ASUS ROG Crosshair V...

Alright Sup Forums I'm looking to get a new motherboard with a am3 socket I was eyeing the ASUS ROG Crosshair V FORMULA-Z ATX AM3+ but I want other options.

Overpriced AF.

I'm not a poor fag so idc

Bumping

Formula-Z's great but it's far from new.
If you don't mind that and want a highly adaptive, stable and tweakable board then you'll find it worth every penny.
Make sure you get a solid power unit with it though if you're going to use all the fan connectors on it to cool your case.

Get a Z170 pc mate and a core i3-6100
you'll spend about the same money, plus you'll have a cpu that is quite faster and more power efficient than whatever socket AM3 proc you have, or are thinking of getting in that same price range.

>Not a poorfag

>Buys AMD

I got a 1200 watt 80 plus platinum psu

I got a gaming laptop with Intel skylake and wanted to try and on my desktop, Sue me

This

Why do you need a new mobo for AM3+?

If money is no object, get a 5960x and an x99 deluxe, with 32 gigs of ddr4. Shit's fucking cash.

You'll do just fine then.

I'll be doing Intel on my second pc build I already got Intel on my gaming laptop and wanted to do amd with this one and since I got a second tower I'll be building a second pc.

Why would I waste my time suing some broke af mf

Lol why AMD tho, Intel is far superior across the board. Even an i5-6600k with a mild oc on it wipes the floor with anything AMD has to offer.

If you're hell-bent on going AMD anyway, do yourself a favor and wait for Zen to drop, then build. If you want to go full AMD also wait for the Polaris cards to drop. They're supposed to actually be fast.

If I got with Intel I'm going i7

Fuck it I'm a switch to Intel i7 so what motherboard should I go with

z170 sabertooth

any graphics cards recommendations? not op but looking to build, not gonna buy some shit like a titan though

What's your budget?

R9 380 or a gtx 970 depends if you like red or green

Wait for amd to unveil their new line up or go with the latests nvidia cards

Wait for the gtx 1070 it's the same price as a 970 and more powerful then a Titan

idk total for my pc ill shell out 1000-1500

whats the difference?

Yeah?

One is a r9 380 the other is a gtx 970.. fuck me look em up.. gpucompare it, look on toms hardware for reviews, do some research

but i dont wanna

One has gimped memory, the other one runs unnecessarily hot and draws too much power.

For a 1500 budget go with a top tier Pascal or Polaris card, your choice, and a 6700k with mobo / ram to match. Ballparking it you'll still have money left over for a decent case, power supply, SSD and HDD.

R9 380 is better for textures but will run hotter (slightly) but has better driver support

Gtx 970 is better for particles and your cries for driver fixes will go unheard, nvidia driver support is pretty much non existent now

I switched from nvidia cards to amd cards 5 years ago and honestly you cant tell the difference unless all you do is benchmark.. and amd cards are slightly cheaper, just make sure you buy a known brand like asus, msi, evga or gigabyte

r9 380 is about the same as the lowest gtx 970
380x is midrange 970
390 is just above 970 and close to 980
you'll get per manufacturer differences, no card is the same, even if its the same model it'll be within a working range
its more or less price and favor, what money you put in, will just about almost buy you a similar card

Nice get

Checked

just get a used P67 or Z77 motherboard and a 2500k CPU.

based get is the truth

GOD GETS CZECH EM

q u i n t s
This is now a get thread

Checked

You literally stole my get you massive fucking faggot

wow i get, such recurring numbers!