Does you're country have a literally who on its bank notes?

Does you're country have a literally who on its bank notes?

We will bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/banknoteable/

Other urls found in this thread:

treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/jl0436.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

We only have some of America's greatest figures on our bills.

>replacing John A MacDonald with someone 99% of the country doesn't know about

Fuck this country

You should see how we feel. We might have Andrew Jackson, a person that is easily one of our ten greatest presidents, replaced with Harriet Tubman.

>Elect Weedman
>Become Sweden in just 2 years

That's pretty efficient I have to admit

replaced with Harriet Tubman on the twenty-dollar bill*

This is equivalent to replacing George Washington with a random black dude from oregon.

>We only have some of America's greatest figures on our bills.

I'm glad Aunt Jemima is finally being recognized for her contribution to America.

They are only doing it because they are upset about The Trail of Tears, which was just when we forced some Natives off of some land so we could have it. They neglect to remember that Andrew Jackson was the first and only president to balance the national debt, reduced corruption in the government and kept the banks in check and played a huge role in making sure the War of 1812 was a draw and not a loss for us. The ironic thing is that it is mostly Democrats pushing for his removal of the twenty-dollar bill, despite the fact that he was the founder of the Democratic Party.

>laurier and macdonald move up to higher denominations
>10 replaced with literally who
>5 soon to be replaced with probably some transgendered lesbian
>borden and mackenzie king (who guided canada through the first and second world wars) taken off

What le fuck?

I think the end times might be coming.

we are becoming so politically correct that we are putting animals on them to avoid controversy

next ones will be an hornero, a cóndor and a guanaco

This seems like a good idea

That's a great idea and I'd be all for it

>Whale is worth less than cat

>mfw we have nobody relevant enough so we instead put animals on it

The whole new bank notes thing has been a complete fiasco. First with the Kirchner administration trying to impose their propaganda on the $50 and $100 notes. Now this administration trying to erase the political figures (and the whale complains). All we needed were just updated versions of the previous ones (like the new $5 note) plus the two new ones. But nooooooooo, people bitched about Sarmiento and Roca and ruined it all.

>Does you're country have a literally who on its bank notes?
Yeah. I'd be surprised if anyone no from here knew more than one.

I press my F to pay my respects

>implying Tubman didn't do anything with the Underground Railroad

Do people in Canada even know who she is? How many blacks did you even have back then like 6?

Andrew Jackson might've been the last president that stood up against the corrupt central bankers and globalists that intended to turn America into another Great Britain as opposed to a free country. Symbolic of the times, really.

i miss the 1 real note, you never see it around anymore

>1 Brazilian Real equals 0.28 Euro
what's even the point of having a note worth that little?

She's notable and important to history but the descendants of people she helped most likely aren't even in the U.S. Jackson was far more important to American history.

Also fair enough, and we will lose the sweet irony that Jackson was an opponent of central banking and on the $20 bill.

At least Washington will stay, as will Lincoln.

That's why we don't use it anymore.

A nigger woman? WE ARE FUCKED.

>Bergman
That's pretty cool 2bh

I didn't know Greta Garbo was considered even that significant in Sweden.

I really miss Jenny Lind

Is that Bill Fucking Murray on the 50?

People mostly think it's cool that we had an actress become a Hollywood legend. Ingrid Bergman is considered far more important.

There are, however, several swedish actors that are far more deserving of appearing on a note, such as Erland Josephson, the aforementioned Bergman or Gunnar Björnstrand, who is the GOAT swedish actor.

This woman only won because she's black.

Nellie McClung should have won, she fucking helped give women a RIGHT TO VOTE, but she was white so she doesn't fit the narrative

Evert Taube; iconic songwriter and singer

>There are, however, several swedish actors that are far more deserving of appearing on a note
But the riksbank, being the cucks they are, insisted there be an equal number of men and women on the new notes

>These changes mean that former prime ministers William Lyon Mackenzie King and Sir Robert Borden will no longer be portrayed on bank notes.
are they fucking serious, those guys earned their place. Put them on the fucking dime, no one cares about that boat.

Then, like I said, Ingrid Bergman would be a fitting choice. Shame Liv Ullman is from Norway...

The worst part of our new bills is that Gustav Vasa is gone. He's the goddamn father of our nation.

What the FUCK

King was our most BASED PM. How fucking dare they take him off because MUH STRONG INDEPENDENT BLACK WOMAN

yes same with our notes

in fact we're so unpatriotic that we literally have no "founding fathers" or "independence heroes" that many of us couldn't even name our first PM (Barton)

Nah that's Bill Murray.

why did you need muh feminism? don't you already have a queen on your money?

Yeah but the Queen is white.

How would you feel if they put Ned Kelly on your highest bill?

She's more notable to Canada for giving us some great citizens who contribute to our economy.

0% chance of happening

Whatever, tradition is an irrelevant thing in contemporary society.
Tradition, language and culture are things that should be phased out of every country and replaced with logical analysis.

Kill yourself you Marxist piece of garbage

Hasn't the treasury already announced Tubgirl is going on the $20?
At least Jackson will still be on the back.

It won't happen, though.

but if he dies, he wins

If they wanted to pick a woman who could be a strong rolemodel, why not Grace Hopper?

There's not exactly a lot of women to pick from but she's clearly near the top for a banknote.

No.

They have, it's being released in 2020

Yep
treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/jl0436.aspx

>Muh tradition is actually valuable
Lolk. Enjoy being stuck in the 20th century. Modern Canadian society has moved beyond vague definitions of what defines a human.

literally can't remember the last time I used paper money
the redesign appears in 2020 you dipshits, it wouldn't be in circulation until almost a decade later
will likely be cut to save costs before then because nobody will be using paper money