ASK A PARAMEDIC FROM A VERY VIOLENT AND BUSY AREA IN THE US ANYTHING

ASK A PARAMEDIC FROM A VERY VIOLENT AND BUSY AREA IN THE US ANYTHING

had a few people asking shit in a different thread, figured I'd do this instead.

will not answer things that give away where I work/who I am

Who are you?
Where do you work?

Post some green texts user. By the way dont feel bad

Why didn't you help mustang? Fucking asshole.

We're still her op

Worst night/service of your life?

whats the grossest things you've rifled your hands through? brains? guts? poop smeared with brains? dead babies?!?!

share with us a miracle/funny time you responded to a call

WHATS THE BLOODIEST JOB YOUVE HAD TO DO

>my attic

Have you already lost your sides facing one body?

Why do you make us EMTS do all the work?

ER doctor here.
What is your relationship with the ER docs at your local trauma centers? What are medics general opinion of us? A lot of you guys are sharp but some medics that have their head so far up their ass it amazes me they made it through school. I hope you are the former.

a girl is no one
a girl works nowhere

thanks again haha. I feel fine now.

> be early after getting cleared
> get call for "assist to police"
> usually this means use of force injury, or a drunk
> it's a drunk
> too drunk for jail, barely able to mumble
> put on stretcher, load up, get going to hospital
> trying to hurry, wanna go back to bed
> halfway to hospital, typing up report
> look over to see how he's doing
> he's jerking off
> yelled at him to stop
> he does
> repeat 3 more times en route to hospital
> didn't get a chance to warn nurse I'm giving report to before he starts to again
> she flips shit
> kek

A woman with cancer of the rectum shitting from her vagina and being ALOC and rubbing it over herself.

Are you Heath?

ever felt the urge to fuck a hot dead chick, before she would get stiff and cold ?

Legend Heat is kill

OP HERE... Yesterday's

I was tired and off the clock

when I responded to a police officer I'm friends with. he was shot twice in the chest when he walked in on his house being robbed.

lots of funny shit man. Need specific questions

fucking poop. I hate it. I can deal with anything else. So much shit. I encounter SO MUCH FUCKING SHIT

psych patient pulled dialysis port out of groin area while police were trying to detain him. was bad.

I don't. I only work with a few EMTs who are grandfathered in and they're old and lazy

Our agency has a VERY good relationship with our level 1 and 2 centers. Very good. First name basis. We have some fucky services around here who are really stupid. Our agency just weeds them out. We don't have to know much, man. Trauma is easy on our end. Sorry about the idiots.

no.

not OP fuck off jew

Shit greentexting. Post another

So to expand, the medics that know what they're doing know that you guys know FAR better than us. Often times when new residents are in the ED, we encounter some shitty ones who talk over our report or expect us to know/get mad when we don't know more than we do. Also some get mad when we don't have enough done -- like bilateral large bore IVs on a trauma patient that we scooped up 2 minutes down the road with only one medic in the back...

I don't know man. I know I'm essentially a toddler in the knowledge of medicine, and you physicians know more than I can imagine. I will always know that. But it just sucks when the occasional(and I mean OCCASIONAL) doc and nurse get pissy with me when I'm by myself in the back with a bad patient for 5 minutes and all I got done was maybe a 12 lead, put the pads on, and bagged the patient or something. Know what I mean? Like I wish I could have started 2 18/16 gauge IVs, drew blood, got a D stick, done a repeat 12 lead, RSI'd and intubated...but hey, I had 5 minutes, I was in the back of a vehicle going 50 in a road made for 30.

You guys rock though

I'm at a level 1 and it can turn into an absolute shit show if EMS doesn't do their jobs right. I have flown off the fucking handle twice this year because of these two idiots medics who constantly fuck up. Some of these guys cant properly fill out PCRs and even worse can't articulate what they did and why they did it. This stuff is pretty rare though when it comes down to it. Shit is bane of my existence and whenever I have to deal with a foul vagina I think about quitting and working in a bookstore lol. Hats off to you for being in the trenches. Don't think I could do it.

> respond to "check the well being"
> that's when someone hasn't heard from someone in awhile/unkept lawn/full mailbox/car in driveway
> usually we end up in an empty/abandoned house OR a very dead body
> nobody ansewring at door
> police on scene, give authority to force entry
> pulloutfiretools.jpg
> we bust the door open
> go inside, immediate smell of nasty death
> we all turn on flashlights. It's dark inside, late in the day, no lights or power in home
> neighbors called, hadn't seen person in 2+ months
> 2 story house with basement
> myself, my partner, supervisor, 2 cops
> searching. seraching. searching. nothing
> hear my partner yell "OH MY GOD"
> OH FUCK.JPG
> police go RUNNING towards partner(good relationship with police here, they watch our backs)
> hear cop, "HOLY SHIT"
> enter room cautiously, see open closet door
> find homeowner
> ...or what's left of her
> almost all skeleton
> also 2 dead cats in room.
> cats are rotting
> upon investigating we find pill bottles for psych problems, including schizo

we think she went nuts and hid in closet with cats. She probably died in there for normal causes. cats got hungry, are locked in. ate her. cats died after awhile.

Tell us about the child you found raped and beaten in last bread you talked about

I've got your D stick right here...

Poor cats. Did you take them home?

It always creeps me out doctors on b .... Now I know why it takes you Vick's so long to put med orders in

you see my 2nd reply to you? More in depth

I mean I'll give you a sample report of mine. One if I had time/means to do stuff, one if I didn't.

"30 year old male, victim of a vehicle accident. Patient found unconcious unresponsive in ditch next to highway. Patient's vehicle is overturned approximately 40 feet down the road from patient. Bystander states patient's vehicle left the roadway and overturned, ejecting patient. Initial vital signs were xx/xx xP xRR xO2. Pupils X. We collared and boarded, intubated on scene with tube at xcm. We have bilateral 16 gauge IVs in ACs. Patient has been unresponsive since we arrived. Current vitals are *****. Lung sounds diminished on right side as well as poor BVM compliance so we did 2 decompressions en route. Lung sounds are now clear and equal, BVM has good compliance."

OR

"Patient is 24 year old male, victim of the gunshot. 3 primary wounds being 1 in upper right chest, one in upper left quadrant of the abdomen, and one in the left pelvis. Patient was alert and oriented upon our arrival. Vitals are as follows ****. Lung sounds clear. We started immediate transport and were only 5 minutes out, I got you one 16 gauge IV in the left AC."

no
they dead

How old was she/he did the father go to jail?

Ever had a violent crime involve poop?

How did you know rape ??

Do you ever want to call hospitals to check up on your patients

The knowledge gap is pretty large but that isn't the reason I get fired up. Its the inability to think logically and take initiative that makes me want to throw up. I can promise you that whenever you get fucked with by nurses and doctors its because someone earlier made a mistake that delayed us in some way. After that anything that could possibly be sped up, in our mind, should have been. If you are standing there with your hands in your pockets in the middle of MCI or something I'm going to be furious but besides that there is no point of getting angry over stuff that I think should have been done. Green EMTs are cancer and year one residents are useless and know less than you guys when it comes to em. Id take a confident, intelligent medic over a stumbling terrified resident or ms3/4 any day of the week.

I've had people get tazed and shit themselves...so yeah I guess

I vaguely mentioned it in another thread after someone told me to kill myself.

Have you ever witnessed a car wreck off duty and just called the police like a lazy cuck?

I just call my nurse or medic or doc friends who work at said hospitals and get updates. So yeah, occasionally.

Sure, understood. Well sounds like you would like me just fine, haha.

Yeah a few hours ago

Too long, another

>be you
> be cuck

If anyone does anything different than what you did the second scenario they should be fired. Multiple gsw vics need the OR asap. Two large bore IVs in place, one in each antecubital would be nice but time is key. And watch for that arrhythmia of course. Did you really get chewed for only having a line in one ac?

How do you deal with the fact that people not exposed to our line of work think that when something traumatic happens to you, you die instantly?

Thats the worst for me.... knowing how resilient humans are, and that when you go, you are gonna feel it for a good couple minutes.

No jokes... they should include a 9mm in every EMT van.

I never ever ever stay and play on trauma, unless it's to secure an airway. But YUUUPPPP. Resident who seemed to be leading the assessment, as well as the nurse who was officially taking the patient. Everyone else was quiet. Resident chirps, "So we have large volume loss and a level one trauma but just one IV? Really?" Followed by the RN in the corner charting her little fingers off, "He probably just got scared and just came here right away before doing anything."

I didn't even explain myself. Yeah, I came there right away, but only because the OR is the only thing that can help them in that case.

There's a few things about that.

So I'm way more pro-police after being in the field. People think you shoot someone, they go down. Nope. I've had a scene with 2 patients -- one stabbing, one shooting.

Person 1 had knife, went after person with gun. Person 2 shot Person 1 in chest and stomach -- Person 1 stabs Person 2 in neck, chest, face. Person 2 DOA. Person 1 survives.

And like you said...it drags out. Having a GSW victim ask me, "Am I going to die," or plead with me, "Please don't let me die!"...it's the fucking worst, man....when they're grasping for you, trying to grab at you while you're trying to help them. Like, I'm probably the last voice this person will hear, and my ears are the last that will hear them. It's fucked. Not knowing if your seemingly-stable patient who is shot in the stomach is going to be dead suddenly 10 minutes from now, and they have no idea.

It sucks.

and yeah. I want a weapon.

I'm an alcoholic trying to stop. Tell some related stories to maybe put some scare into me

Damn good on you for holding your tongue. A resident, of course it was. They know just enough to get away with being condescending and are still fresh off the high of getting that MD pinned after their name. The worst possible combination. If that was my resident I would sent them home or told them to spend a week on a rig. The RNs comment would have sent me into a absolute tirade but then again I have a temper, obviously. You sound like one of the good ones man. Welcome in my ER any day.

That's the hard part. Alcoholic stories aren't fun. It's slow. Beyond the occasional drunk driving incident, they're not exciting stories. It's the same shit every single time. About 30 years old, pancreatitis. 35 and liver failure. Jaundice eyes at 40. Look like fucking shit. Everything is fucked. They're diabetic, have hepatitis, look like they're 75, have had several stents and/or heart attacks. Their medication lists are longer than this post. Constant problems with just shitting.

I can't tell a specific story. But I can tell you that if you don't figure it out, you're going to have a short, painful, sick life eventually. Unless you stop.

Haha, now you're making me feel bad as I look back on myself when I've made legit mistakes or have looked really stupid. I have no shame, I admit and learn from my mistakes...You probably would have hated me in my first few months on the road, but I'm better now. Thanks for what you do, though. After I buy my house next year(with cash, hopefully) I'm applying for med school. Gotta do more.

When you come to a scene there is usually a crowd around to see what is going on. What kind of people in the crowd is most annoying and why is it niggers?

Well if police use of force was involved, there's a LOT of cell phones out and people yelling "HE DINDUNUFFIN". So you are correct

have you ever scraped someone off the ground with a snow shovel

Not OP but the ER doc thats been chatting with him. Last week a 31 year male came in with complete hepatic failure. His family told us he has been in and out of the hospital for years now. Last time he was discharged his liver function was at 20% he was told if he continued to drink he would die. The gentleman didn't care and continued to binge everyday. He was admitted to the ICU and died 4 days later. Left behind a 2 year old and a heartbroken wife. I could sit here all night and tell you about the countless accidents, crashes, fights etc that have been caused by alcohol.
Learning from mistakes is what its all about. Experience as a paramedic will make you stand out more than you can imagine. If you have decent grades and a decent MCAT you have got a good shot. First time I applied I only got one interview, second time was much better. If you love medicine it is beyond worth it. Once your an attending physician you feel like a fucking god. There are so many skills that you already know that will help you beyond measure in med school and residency. Go for it man.

Do you play division today with me bro? The other kid kept asking you questions

Uh very possible.

Hell yeah dude. Thanks for the encouragement. I gotta sleep now, take it easy Doc.

How do you treat drugusers? Do you mock them or do you treat them at least with a little respect?

This is My board I made it not Moot

>a very dead body

What's your salary?

Always respect

71,450 last year

Jesus that's not bad, what's your location?

Nobody gets mocked really, everyone is treated with respect. If you are requiring the service of a paramedic there's a chance you are having the worst day of your life. People is in ems understand this, nobody is mocked really.

Ever get any bodily fluids in your mouth?

That's got the be the single most sheltered comment I've seen today, good job virgin!

I just saw this. Yea we are all on b thats why 4+ hour waits in the ED for inner city hospitals.

Have you ever fucked a client, and were they conscious/still breathing at the time?
Ever get a call on someone you know?

Faggot bump or rp

Not op but this is the dumbest fucking question I have ever seen.

I notice you don't say that absolutely nobody is mocked. Is there any type of person that is, or is at least talked about disdainfully/disapprovingly, even if they're not there?

Have you ever killed/not saved someone and known if you had done it different they would have pulled through?

Im not op but the ER doc. No one is openly mocked. People that are not in the ED for a valid reason annoy me but still I would never mock them. Drug seekers, hypochondriacs, and munchausen patients are discussed in a negative manner from time to time but no one really has time to do this on the job. If I am at my home with coworkers that I happen to be good friends and are aware of certain difficult patients I will discuss them. But with HIPPA I generally keep my mouth shut. I give stern talks to patients semi frequently about certain life choices but thats as far as I will go. My job is do make you feel better not to poke fun at you. I'm sure the same applies to medics.

I was mocked by an ER doctor once and he even lied to me that the insurance would not cover the ambulance costs because I did drugs.

Massive props to you guys for being professional, I'd imagine it's quite irritating if there's someone who just drank way too much while there are others with worse shit that's not their own fault

Did i do it right LOL

I would have sat you down and asked if you needed help with drug issues, if you knew what they were doing to your body etc. That doc sounds like a fucking idiot. Probably in a small town Im guessing.

dank memes pls

Someone who drank to much doesn't bug me because they need to be there. I don't really care whose fault it was or why you did what you did, if you are sick or hurt I'm going to try and fix you. When you sober up I might tell you to get your shit together but when you need help you need help. People who have the common cold coming into the ER need to not be there. People who bumped their knee and want a script for Percocet need to not be there.