America isn't a country, it's a continent

>America isn't a country, it's a continent

Why do butthurt spics spread this untrue meme? There is no such continent as 'America'.

I thought you guys were not part of europe

there's many definitions of what a continent is

In school we learn that there are 5:

Europe
Asia
Oceania
Africa
America

Don't know why we don't consider Antarctica a continent tho

>Spic education

North and South America are far more justifiably separate than Europe is from Asia

Why? It's the same land mass actually

Did you know that: world wasn't divided to different countries it was a continent a couple of times?

wtf really?

>American education

America is whatever the hell we say it is.

>It's the same landmass
>This is what spics ACTUALLY believe

america and asia are basically the same land mass

Say you are kidding, please.

Fucking Tectonic plates

genius

>same land mass
>literally divided by a small ass strait

They were connected during the last ice age.

>shallow man made pool supposed to separate 30-50 km thick continental crust

It's artificial you moron.

It's like saying Peloponnesus peninsula is an island because of the Corinthian Canal.

>not in the bible
Of course not, you're seriously going to trust Communist Russian lies created to turn you away from capitalism loving god.

Canal =/= Strait
Plates =/= Continents

The same could be said for Africa/Asia, never mind the fact that Europe and Asia are literally the same landmass.

>Caribbean plate
>continental Crust.

Britain is no longer an island because theres a bridge xD

This is a very stupid debate

By the way in Spanish I would never say "America" or "Americans" when I refer to the United States, but in English yes.

Tectonic plates can contain both continental and oceanic crust. The North American plate goes out all the way to the Mid Atlantic Ridge. Most of Panama is composed of ~25 km thick granitic crust, not accretionary basalt from the ocean floor.

Son, southern europeans discovered, so they have the right to name it. The wrong person in this history is you.

>southern europeans discovered

Stopped reading there

>Euros invent Europe to not be on the same continent as China
>Americans invent North America to not be on the same continent as South America

Northern Africans then

North America was discovered by Asians like 10000 years ago m8

James Cook didn't discovered Australia or New Zealand, so what?

Relevance is what matters.

>Eurasia isn't a continent

Why do butthurts britbongs spread this untrue meme?

If you are going to argue that south and north america are different continents because of muh tectonic plates then you have to admit Europe and Asia are one continent.

Is Spain considered part of Africa or Europe in this model?

not in my school
>Europa
>Asia
>África
>América
>Oceanía
>Antártida
by this logic you could go full pedantic and say the caribbean isnt part of america, or the philippines not part of asia
what do american teachers say ?

It's irrelevant since Asia and Europe are the same landmass too

Same reason the Scottish and Welsh get pissed at British being mistaken for English.

Jealousy and inferiority. And I say that as a Scot.

Whatever, it´s their language and they do with it whatever they wish.
The Americas should hve been named after Colombus and not Amerigo tbqh.

>He thinks Christopher Columbus discovered America

In English:
People of Country: "American"
Continents: "The Americas"
People of the Continents: "Pan-American"

People of the Continents: North American or South American where applicable

Yeah, and "Pan-American" is more for concepts of the continents collectively than people (as in, "Pan-American Airlines"), I could have phased that better.

I've heard that people in the Commonwealth use "America" more often, while Americans themselves call it "the United States".

Well I think all Latin America and Spain are taught that America is a single continent.
And I don't really know why the fuck is that, but that's how shit is, if you feel so triggered about different countries teaching different things then just swallow some cyanide because life won't be an easy ride for you.
I base my self in pic rel, I've always thought that was the norm until I started learning English and discovered that not everyone thinks like me, we're taught that Vanadium was discovered by a Mexican, but I bet every other country will say that a french did it. At the end, who gives a fuck?

>french
Swede*

The French told the Mexican he was wrong, and he achieved consensus. Later, the Swede rediscovered Vanadium 30 years later.

Who then? Don´t tell me the vikings.
Even if Columbus didn´t discoverd it, he still deseves it more than Americo

>iran is its own continent

They want some of America's relevance to rub off on them by association

>Australia and India are connected via tectonic plates
What did earth mean by this?

Poo in Emu?

For you. Different parts of the world have their own views. That's why everyone hates the anglos and americans goddammit.

If there is something Latin Americans never wanted was to be associate with the US.

DELETE THIS

But US is nice

You are evil, I'm sorry.

Where is the cutoff between a subcontinent and an island in my pic

Fuck no. If you are rightI am north american and that would associate me more than being just american. I am from america, we don't give a shit how you call the U.S. we call it "Estados Unidos" and we call them "estadounidenses" or gringos.

That's ironic considering I always hear you BR posters complaining about how your fellow citizens like USA culture and products over your own.

So which is it?

yeah man, totally.

>>by this logic you could go full pedantic and say the caribbean isnt part of america
Usually yes.
If you're not part of the proper landmass you're just an island. Usually you would hear it said that Caribbean/ West indies are in the Americas. There is no landmass called America. America is The USA. North America is Canada, Mexico, USA, and Usually Central America. South America is well you know. Same deal with Britain and Ireland, they're islands off the coast of Europe.
When I was a kid there used to be a troll question about if Australia was a continent or a big Island.

Sub-continents are a thing.