Give me some D&D character ideas

Give me some D&D character ideas.
Sounds fun, right? I'd go to /tg/, but we all know Sup Forums has the best ideas.

What edition?

I'm looking for ideas, personalities, quirks, and the like, so the edition shouldn't /really/ matter.

I am, sadly, playing 4th, though.

Does it fucking matter it's a character not a fucking game
Roll a halfing faggot. Equip nothing but a chickens roped to each hand and a tiny thong

>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

>,

Old wizard with alzheimer's. %chance that you cast the wrong spell.

A dwarf wizard that only uses magic that affects metal

BM Ranger with your "animal" being your twin brother/sister.

ask on /tg/ and you'll get some better answers.

Play a nigger rogue, thief archtype.

Half orc wizard that only shoots fireballs but only against humanoids that are weak against fire

stop playing 4th and get back to 3.5

A young trickster wizard with an obsession with illusion spells and steeling. He has a odd attraction with gems no matter the size or cut. Clearly mentally challenged but the type is unknown. He rarely talks but when he does its to state the obvious. He looks like pic related.

Friend had a shaman once that summoned his own grandfather.

Well that just seems useless.

>He looks like pic related.
Perfect. Is he too a masochist?

Ranger who got hit in the head and now believes his hamster is actually small version of giant space hamster that can talk

A human berserker that reacts to the emotions of others. i.e. you can fight beasts and monsters better, increasing in strength based on how agressive they are, but you can't attack a thief that stole your cash if he bears no ill will against you.

Nonsense, it could come in handy. You shouldnt make an op character, you make an odd character and figure out how its powers can be used in the campaign. Yes sometimes you die

Pretty sure they're all in the right places, though.

In addition, if an ally or anyone gets mad at you for whatever reason, there'll also be a %chance of a fight breaking out due to the mutual anger.

I'm fairly unfamiliar with D&D but wouldn't that ve very OP due to being able to disarm enemies, pick locks, force open gates, etc?

The best game I played was one where we decided to be a band.
None of us were bards.
We constantly hit 40-50 per character in our perform checks.
We get lost? We summon the forest creatures with music like Snow white does to guide us through.
Approaching a abandoned home? Play the song of your people and the ghosts and undead are finally at peace.
Need to enter a fort to take back the princess? Approach Fort while playing music and offer to play for them for a week.
Seduce the princess and everyone else with music and walk her out of the fort.
Pick a theme and have fun

I think it would have been better if all of you were bards. Would make combat very special.
Any ways, although I'd love to make an entire group, I'm just making a character on my own.

Maybe at higher levels, but at the beginning it would be underpowered. Also there are plenty of ways it could be a hinderance. Campaign in a forest. Sure the weapons can be taken away, but creatures can still attack with other things.

Derpy Monk who thinks he's a Wizard. His spellbooks are construction paper with crayon scrawls, and he memorizes and casts his "spells" before using monk abilities. Claims to be incredibly powerful, because he can cast his favorite spell, "Fist," at will.

hmm ok another time i wanted to have fun was to make a chaos mage in 3.5.
It was a high level campaign so I created my own wabbajack with 100 different things.
If its my turn I use it and roll a d100.
Look at the list and thats what happens. Some of the effects might be bad like they change my own gender with the targets gender.
Others are amazing, like cast awaken on a dinosaur.
Others create blizzards
It can be anything, it can even be a boat.
Not very useful because its completely random but the stories you and your friends will be able to talk about are amazing.
Another idea is to depend heavily on an animal familiar. I once had a turtle that could fly . I used it mainly to snatch things out of opponents hands or aid me on attacks and defense.

A zealous Elven cleric o the Raven queen or maybe some god of sin or something that is obsessed with absolving people of their sins

A gay Orc Cleric, left his tribe to find his true love.

drunken dwarven monk

A black-skinned bard with a cartoonishly large penis who sings with a rhythmic and rhyming speech that is chanted.

A magician Monkey

A deaf gnome bard who uses a kazoo and has to use his ass to make a sound out of it

half-orc druid who can pass as a human who hides his genetic lineage so that he can still command respect

Faggots

Yeah but wouldn't it be possible to start out as a support role and use it to enhance (i.e. sharpen) the weapons of allies, even at low level?

Obsessed with golden jewellery, with a strong aversion for snow/ice type creatures and high charisma when dealing with dark elves and thieves/rogues?

>plays 4e and thinks he's roleplaying

have a character like that in 5e. Except he's a fighter and former captain that was disbarred due to his race.

you can have him make his own weapon change shape and fly around and shit

Weapons can really only be so sharp until they become unusable in combat. I'm fairly sure it's assumed that your weapons are optimally sharpened all the time unless otherwise stated.

Play a gnome barbarian with every fucked up fetish you think you can get away with and a habit of fisting his enemies to death as a finishing move

Well put limits on it. Certain types of metal, only able to push or pull it, etc.

My First DnD character was a wizard, if i can remember.
His name was lightning McQueen, and he died when i tried to rape a snake lady with the arm i had severed, but it backfired.

A genderfluid dragonkin kobold

Any character who is a chornic insomniac. Make your whole party hate you as you roleplay the portions of the night during which you're the only one awake for hours. Then kill yourself.

I kekd then realized that's probably a thing then cried a little.
Btw OP. 3rd edition or at least 3.5 or go home. 5 is acceptable cuz it's similar to 3. But 4 is terrible. Just stop.

I'd love to switch over to 5e, but we're playing a pre-set campaign :/

So.... just accumulate exhaustion points until death. Good.

A schizophrenic swordsman with split personality disorder. You could have the main 'personality' be an average character with average stats, and several 'side persona's' that come out randomly or in situations of intense mental/emotional strain. One of them could be a berserker-type swordsman with high attack but low intelligence/charisma, another could be a sociopathic bard with extremely high charisma but no regard for the lives of others. If you want to play risky, you can have one of them be a complete lunatic with very high stats, but requiring a roll to determine his next action, which may lead to convincing someone to write you into their will and then murdering them, but could also lead to you kidnapping the mayor and cutting off his hands, or murdering all your allies.

Easy, choose gold as a metal and limit your possible actions to pulling it towards yourself.

Don't think I'll have 5 different character sheets for one character... I do like the split personality concept though... Maybe after each rest I roll a 1d6, which determines my personality until the next rest.

Halfling barbarian. Initially a bard but got hit in the head in a bar brawl and developed amnesia. Another chaotic neutral bard who witnessed it wanted his lute so he told him that he was a human barbarian who was shrunk by a wizard who just ran off, then took the lute for himself

I did something like this in a star wars campaign. I made an assassin droid that was hastly repurposed to be a protocol droid and if he took a certain amount of damage he would enter a berserk state that reactivated his assassin protocols, and the group knew the codeword to shut him down, but he would attack anything in sight and had godly abilities. It was fun especially near the end.

Still, manipulating metal can be applied in many ways. Even if you're limited to only being able to change the structure of the metal, you could still use it to make your weapons more durable/strengthen armor, and to debuff/destroy enemy weapons or locks.

ITT: AUTISTS

But it would be casted in a cone, or it could. Put limits on yourself to tone it down. Like type of metal

Doesn't have to be that many of course, it could just be two with each their unique traits. I personally like the idea of one being charismatic/intelligent but weak and the other strong but antisocial and dumb as a brick. Having one average and sane and the other extremely strong but batshit crazy would also make it very interesting I'd assume.

best char i played was a human warrior
but here is the twist he was 2 meters tall beast of man raised by dwarves in a mine and in his mind he was a dwarf

fun times

schizophrenic elf that has a human racist personality.

Well you could always just limit it to iron or steel, still plenty useful. Not really sure how much detail you can go into with this, but you could limit it to metal that has been shaped with a blacksmith's hammer, or only metal that was forged longer ago than x years.

I like the idea that he used his powers in the mines so maybe he can only manipulate raw metal, detect gold and iron, and he can slightly manipulate old weapons

so basically carrot

Any site where i can play d&d online (text based)
with random scrubs?

The name is Uncle Ruckus, no relation.

Half-Orc Luchador, searching EL TIBURON- SHARK OF THE LAND for one final grudge match.
>You must grapple everything
>If at any point your mask is removed, you leave in shame you must Stone Cold Stunner ANY wizards you encounter

some kind of anti-magic paladin who wants to cleanse the world from wizards.
he only accepts paladin and cleric magic, and kills any wizard on sight, even if they are your party wizard.

human fighter, weapon specialization in long swords

we all know that greentext, try thinking about something new

>inb4 a bear disguised as a human

Roll 20, though it's not random so much as you apply to be in a group.

I love you both.

/thread

Thanks, looks promising.

In time, you could use it to detect and avoid/disable traps in old crypts and dungeons. At some point even old treasure.

Just finished a game. We walked into a hall, then walked out. It took 4 hours.

Exactly start slow and build into it. I think it would be a fun character

A blind monk/summoner that can get around by himself using a cane (could double as weapon), but has the ability to summon creatures that can act as seeing-eye dogs to increase awareness of surroundings and aid in combat.