What bicycle do you own?

What bicycle do you own?
I have a 2013 Santa Cruz Bronson, a Scott Scale 29 Comp, and a 2015 Trek Marlin 7.

I have a 6 year old rusty bike with no brakes

specialized masterrace reporting in

That's a wheely nice bike friend. I'll tread carefully around insulting it, but I may tyre easily. Do you see the chain of puns? I hope nobody derailleurs this thread. We are but cogs in this world. Gear up user. I'm just peddalling shit now.

2009 Norco Manik

i was a retard and bought a 2015 Commencal DH Comp for 3.4k ,,, worst decision ever apart from my ex gf

No you don't. You don't have any of those bikes. You might have a huffy or maybe even a schwinn from Walmart.

2014 Focus Black Forest 1.0 with XT crankset and front derailer, Saint pedals and Suomi Tyres WXC´R 312 tyres. Haven't had time to change to summer tyres yet.

None. I'm not a child anymore.

Giant trance 2

Rocky Mountain Solo

Trek 6

$300 Nakamura monster 6.6 from sportchek.

inexpensive but it works

I think I have a huffy bike. It's a pretty good bike.

What's the supposed advantage of riding on your back wheel?

None. Those are bikes built by an Italian artist based on doodles of people.

What the fuck are those? Someone went a bit mental in their shed it seems.

digital manifestation of peoples doodles*

hnnng can you gift me your bike? im paying for shipping to sweden

they are renders, not built. They all look pretty cool though, unpractical also

That's actually correct. I had only read somewhere that they were built.

i like thats what people think people look like

Only frame and forks though.

Mongoose menace.

It's old as fuck

Trek XCaliber 7 from 2014 in this particular color combo

A bike.

old as fuck Felt Q720 hardtail mountainbike.
at least it's got decent gears and disc brakes

first off: ive never owned a bicycle apart from a kid bicycle so i dont know anything.

I've been looking for used bikes for a while now, kinda like OP's santa cruz etc. how the fuck am i supposed to afford a bike for $2600+ ? are there cheaper alternatives for some quality downhill/mountainbikes ? since it's my first one i would like it to be somewhat good but not bank-loan-worthy lol . or are these prices just an effect of no demand in my counrty?

hard rock reporting in

Your best bet is a hard tail. Just go to the used bike store and ask to see some used aluminum hard tails. You shouldn't have to spend more than 1k for something nice.

Old-ass Specialized Stump Jumper frame that came into my shop back in 2000.
Kitted it with Simano LX and Rock Shox Jett.

the prices are the same everywhere, you can get some great Trek bikes for 1k

White privlaged fuck with rich parents checking in:

I have a norco sasquatch hardtail
Norco cross trail
and some sort of norco downhill :))))

thanks for replying, is there a significant difference between hardtail and not hardtail? im guessing hard tail means no shock coil thingy on the back? (sorry im not a native speaker)

i've been thinking of using the bike (if i get one) to ride down a ski slope in the summer

Vilano tuono

Specialized has the best bikes for cheap I think actually

go check some bike stores near you and talk to the folks there.

often enough they got new bikes that arent from the brandnew collection at nice discounts. they tend to be pretty casual guys aswell, so just tell em what you want to do with it, how much you wanna spend. see where it goes

I spent 700 € (800ish bucks) on my aluminium hardtail (new from the store) and I've been happy with it ever since. it was last year's model when I bought it but hat the hell - shimano 27 speed gears, hydr. disc brakes, locking front fork.

i just have a standard city bike, but my father is a mountain bike fanatic - one of his bikes is a propain (a small german company, amazing bikes).
i shot some pictures of his bike a while back, might be interesting for you guys

>ride down a ski slope in the summer
Definitely you can't afford something like that. No chance. Sorry. Those are rugged downhill bikes that start at $5k. Even OP bike would have a hard time with that.

hard tail means shock absorbers in the front, but not on the back wheel.

If you buy a used one buy it from a store

oh okay, that sucks. then i have to find some bike track or what it's called nearby or something then. too bad im in the most un-hilly area in sweden though lol.

yeah i have to go quite a long way before i get to a specialized bike store since i live in a small town. Are there anything specific i should ask for, and be aware of?

yea that's what i meant, thanks. are there a significant difference? like do you feel the difference alot when biking?

It's worth it to save up for something nice. Non cyclists think it's crazy to spend over 1k for a bike, but if you've ever ridden something nice you'll know why.

My Trance 2 cost about 3k Canadian and it could POTENTIALLY take a downhill ride like you want to do.

svennebanan? hälsningar från den svensktalande delen av finland

hej granne :-)

get an older model, same shit but cheaper. And there is a difference only if you ride downhill

just ordered a 2016 Kona Precept 200, should be in next week

personally, i dont think its crazy to spend 2-3k on a bike, if you actually use it for it's features worth.

on the other hand, it is rather crazy to dish out more than 1k as a "beginner" or if you dont go cycling down mount everest.

I think you should get a 2015 Specialized Rockhopper 29

Just ordered one of these beauties

i mean, im not broke by any means, if i really wanted i could spend $3k+ but im thinking, since im a beginner maybe it's dumb to spend big on a bike which i might ride maybe once a week or less for "real" i would of course ride it as often as possible (5-6 times a week) for excerciese

get the Trek Marlin 7

Rent some

looks good, i cant find anything onlline, what would you say im going to have to pay?

this also looks good, what would you think im going to have to pay for it approximately ?

btw like i said, not trying to be a cheap skate, i usually dish out quite a bit of cash when i find a new hobby to not get stuck with beginner stuff that breaks constantly etc, but dont wanna be stupid and spend lots of cash if i dont need to

Roubaix road bike

can't around my parts. if i had to guess then nearest rental place would be like 130+ miles lmao

Bike's I've owned.
Schwinn Paramount
Masi Grand Corsa
Trek 1000
Pugeot Road bike (don't remember model, was a shitty bike)

Currently have a Centurion old school road 12spd

Not even at the ski hills?

those are good beginner bikes, just under a grand or a grand depends on where you live

idk never been there in the summer, maybe. But that's like 100 miles lol.

thanks :-) i will look into this. Anything i should look for if i go talk to them? like on cars, rust etc

Be careful, when you find nice places to go, it can be quite addicting, to go biking.

You might regret the muscle pain the day after, but damn, I've had some good times exploring nature on my trusty ol' steed.