Electricianfag reporting in. Why haven't you ascended to Godhood like me...

Electricianfag reporting in. Why haven't you ascended to Godhood like me? You would cease to exist without me and my brothers. Get the fuck in here tradefags prove me wrong.
>pic related, Elvis dreamed of being a sparkie

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.renapps.spurdojump
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also an Electrician. One of the few still working in the oil sands currently.

Industrial side is the place to be, you do alot of control work?

Tree surgeon reporting in

Or you could do real work like insulators do. Any retard can pull wires through studs and hook up outlets

Tea brewer here. You fucking cripplefucks couldn't do shit without trusty old Cha-Boy to make you cuppas frequently.

Inb4 massively inflated claims about income.

i do industrial controls and automation. shit is cash.

Yes serious income only and your location makes all the difference in pay

my last year of studying and i will be an electrician

How bout 4160 volt transformers, motor control, or even fire alarm? You better stick to stuffing cotton candy in the wall.

Nope. Believe it or not my whole job right now is 4" instrument tray, the installation and bonding of such.

But they don't give us the layout drawings and there are multiple engineered tray runs around any given point, so, a good portion of our field run trays will be wrong. But I don't think they care.

I'm pretty sure they know they will lose the contract in a few weeks and they're just trying to bill for everything they can before that happens.

Most industrial insulation companies are full of women because the work is less physically demanding.

Stay classy!

My current job grosses around 11.5Grand/month CAD. If you know anyone that works in the oil sands you'll know this isn't bullshit.

Sounds fun. Shit tons of PLC eh?

Do you have on the job experience, or have you only done the school component?

>insulators
>real work
nice b8 m8

Fuck ya, pulling bitches instead of wire

Concrete. Think about it.

I tried, not much to think about kek

only school,I want to work at a construction site

Guys the only program at my college that interests me is Electrical Technology. Is that a good place to start for this?

I'm glad none of you fags wanna do gods work of insulation. It's driven up our pay the less and less people wanna do it. Last couple contracts have put us above the electricians and plumbers/pipefitters. Still can't touch the sprinkler fitter pay. Idk why them fags get so much they don't do shit and all there pipe is pre made

So you're in trade school not an apprenticeship?

I prefer inspecting the work all you fags do and giving the superintendent my write-ups on your sloppy half ass work.

>it's good to be the king

Sprinkler fitters have to travel more for work and their benefits package generally isn't as good as ours.

You were at one point an electrician, be honest.

yeah

electricianfag does nothing but standing on shoulders of giants. Go back to work and read the tutorials anyone can learn peasant.

Nice dubs, you gonna apply for ibew appenticeship?

Laborer detected

I'm a labourer, I work hard and fast and contribute way more to the country than the average person. Nothing wrong with this job. Fuck you

its my last year in trade school and i will graduate next month, so I will not. I just hope to get a standard paying fulltime job as soon as possible.

Hey man I'm sorry, if you change your tampon and double your iq you can be a sparkie too

Electrician Forman here. Fuck hvac and drywallers

Good luck to ya brother

Fucking truth, more guys retire and less hire. I've doubled my salary in two years.

I do low-volt. 95% of electricians I've worked with are some combo of fat, lazy and stupid.

Sage

Thinking about going for an apprenticeship. Whats involved and how hard is it.

Fucking data guys think they are worth anything.
>mfw I'm fit and smart enough to do your job and then some.

Are you a teletubby?

OP starting classes this summer for an electrical lineman... Do you recommens this or just straight up try for electrician?

you too

5 years of classwork usually 6 hours a week. Modern electrical systems are pretty complex so it definitely not super easy but worth it if you want to make something of yourself.

Just finsihed my ibew apprenticeship. All industrial inside work. Shit is fucking cash.

Depends on what lifestyle youre after. If you dont mind being outside and on call year round be a lineman, they make bank. If you want to work mostly indoors on devices and equipment and leave work at work be an inside wireman.

I've met a few sparkys that are great guys and great workers. Usually the lead or his right hand. The majority leave their fucking carts blocking hallways and walking slow as shit in front of me. Every time ring and string was in their bid I have to redo half them and they miss more than one or two.

I'm an inside wireman. You couldn't pay me enough to be a lineman. Got a lot of respect for them though.

My stepdad is a foreman for the ladwp and makes baller money but also worked like 80 hr weeks until last year

IBEW= I Block Every Walkway

Rat motherfucker

I know, I had to join that faggot union bullshit to work for the company I do now. Probably my biggest shame in life.

Feel free to suck my flaccid cock then walk around my cart bitch

Must suck making more money

Yeah my three pensions that I don't have to pay into is a huge mistake
Dumbass

Selling my soul did get me a huge pay raise.

Don't need pension. Once I'm done working I'm going to kill myself.

Being a god takes some of your time away I must admit

>being this autistic yet being an electrician
I call shenanigans

I'm not an electrician. I'm data.

Just got into the IBEW apprenticeship

Nice, they're hard to get into

Non union electrician

Your hourly wage is probably shit so I can understand wanting more on the check

They told me that at orientation seesm like it should be easy just dont fuck up or around n im good

Ever consider joining the ibew? They have cw/ce trade classifications for you guys.

You're right, but there were probably 400+ people applying to be in your class of maybe 20 if ur a big class

I like to be loyal to my employer but I have always just followed the money, been thinking about it.

I was a cw before apprenticeship. Its cool full benefits n stuff helped me get into the ibew's program but i was making $5 less it was a start

Drive local hazmat truck cleared 90k last year. Work 10 hour days 5 days a week suck it faggots.

Nah, I made enough money before joining. Now I have extra to blow, help my friends kids with school etc. Didn't change my day to day life at all.

I think my local does small class though so far this year only 4 apprentices have been hired. And all the graduation photos only have about 7-15ppl

Good luck with the cancer faggot

IBEW 351 IN THIS BITCH.
ARE YOU A UNION ELECTRICAL FAG?
PIC RELATED: ELECTRONS AND SHIT I INSTALLED ON A TIME CLOCK.

Those dubs never lie

If anything bad happens you're out on your ass, I'd consider it. You'd probably work 52 weeks a year if you wanted in the ibew.

CE / CW IS SOME BULLSHIT.
JOURNEYMAN WORKING AT SCAB RATES. ITS LIKE BEING ALMOST RETARDED.

Those dubs confirm shovel fag

Waddup playa ibew 540 in the hizzi

Same

IBEW Local 103 up in this cunt
feels good to be a king

Check this IBEW bitches.
I worked all last year. I took off two weeks as soon as I knew my wife was pregnant. Set up Unemployment claim. Babys born, get laid off on purpose, medical bills paid, birth was 100% covered. Stay at home Dad making 657.00 a week. Unemployment claim runs out.
>opennewclaim.exe
Another 26 weeks paid vacation. Work for cash here and there. Live like king, no work.
>Feelsgoodman.jpg
Might go back to work in August if I feel like it. Fuck the system.
Pic related. Electrical shit

You could do the same thing in the IBEW. Except they handle your unemployment. And retirement. And benefits. And find you work when you need/want it. And arbitrate for you if you get fucked. And probably get paid more.

Industrial electronics Student here, i'm working with one type Of PLC which is the S7-1200 SIEMENS, do you guys use Siemens more or Allen-Bradley?

Also, how do I get better at PLC programming? I can't seem to get the hang of it but I really want to learn it.

I'm thinking about getting a CDL soon. It seems like a more comfortable job than electrician, drive from about 8 to 8. Pocket the money for the hotel and sleep in the cab.
What do you think? Anyone care to talk about it?

local 291 reporting

Sure, you could do that if you don't have an existing social/love life.

Ive seen more AB stuff myself. For plcs youtube is your friend

>love life
Where do you think you are.

Companies dont pay for hotels for you..i know i drove otr for 10 years with 1 million accident free miles...cdl driving isnt a good career for someone whos married or has children.

I don't think I'm in some super secret club where only society's undesirables are allowed to be, that's for sure. That meme is old.

Mr Derbyshire?

Polished aluminum and stainless steel last year made 220k...now what? Worked 5 days at 10 hours a day

Hello plz play in my first MEME-GAME, Ill be very glad ;-----}}}}}
Url is here:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.renapps.spurdojump
B......EEEEEEEE...N...EEEEE...SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My family has always done security systems so i know some of that from helping them at jobs and i did a building construction class in high school so i learned framing and roofing and shit. Cant get a job though because i dont have a car, which sucks because i am 18 and have the year of experiance from school and i have an OSHA 10, so otherwise id be able to get a job easy. There is a home depot within ealking distance that ive got a chance at interviewing to be a freighter though. I plan to get my electricians apprentice license soon but idk what im going to try to get into, im thinking electrician or plumbing.

What site user.

Gold from the last few weeks

Op electroncis, IT and maintenance work with automation and robotics. I got no stress with career at all. So any of you history or art majors go get some skills and learn a trade or 3.

Network engineer here.. I tell electricians what to do.. get on my level bitches.