Sup Forums im terrified of dying, why aren't you?

Sup Forums im terrified of dying, why aren't you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2ShRSapG9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=AHG_Q5MdX9g
youtu.be/1uWfTUby9IE
youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU
youtube.com/watch?v=cRmbwczTC6E
youtube.com/watch?v=m8gR4sQvjt4
youtube.com/watch?v=KQBt4mqJFg4
youtube.com/watch?v=-CZCKP-H4C8
youtube.com/watch?v=RbAAVLcMzr4
youtube.com/watch?v=L3MA0n4jEXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm just gonna not do it

Why be terrified of the inevitable? I'm looking forward to leaving this fucking retarded earth. I'm simply living to pass the time until I expire.

I'm actually terrified of dismemberment much more so than death

I am terrified of heights below four stories, but higher than that and I'm fine

what are you trying to say

the idea of not existing frightens me beyond anything. so much so that I've been losing sleep for weeks

This

I'm trying to ward off thoughts of suicide at every moment

what about dismemberment user

Can't live your life constantly in fear. It comes to us in one way or another, mostly in ways we can't even control. Obviously you would avoid dying but to be deathly afraid of it at all times just makes you a faggot.

I'm not gonna an hero, but I really don't fucking care about life. I'm simply watching human stupidity ruin the world.

Unless maybe Western Civilization pulls its head out of its ass, then perhaps I may regain my zest for life.

Read more on Philosophy

"no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death" - Socrates (an hero)

coming to an eventual end forever doesn't bother you ?

because some of us actually don't want to be here.

Well I've thought about not existing too. But if you die that means your conscious dies too since your brain dies. So it'd be a lot like what it felt like before you were born, do you remember what that was like? Of course not because you weren't conscious. it would just be like that, just nothingness, but you wouldn't even know its nothingness because you wouldn't be conscious.

It's inevitable so why worry about it. Nothing matters which means you can do whatever you want and it's equally as justified as anything else. So just do stuff and eventually die and who cares. ...I do realize that you could use this very argument to justify sitting around worrying about death

did you remember before you were born? dying is pretty much like that in the worst case scenario. best case you go to some magical place with fairies or some shit like that -- no one knows.

I have been in that state of mind for a very long time user. recently the last few weeks have been a complete opposite.

thats a frightening thought all around.

Yeah its frightening to think about I suppose. But that is only because we as humans are aware we are conscious and we can't even really fathom being anything but conscious. At the end of the day I actually find it comforting knowing that nothing really matters, that I don't matter, the good things and bad things I've done don't matter. The universe doesn't care. It doesn't care about any of us. No matter what we do some day the sun will engulf this whole planet and no one will be around to remember our entire species.

user it's time to wake up. Death is scary, but there's no reason to be afraid. Watch this video and take the message to heart. You will never die.

youtube.com/watch?v=I2ShRSapG9Q

sort of a pessimistic outlook don't you think user?

I find this somewhat comforting as well but there's that one "what if" stopping me from putting a 10mm in my skull

And i don't think i could do that to my family either

Dying is an inevitability and there is no use in being afraid of something you cannot change.

I am more curious to see what happens after death. Is there a heaven and hell? reincarnation? ghosts? nothing? Is it like being asleep forever? Is it and endless torment as your consciousness is locked away in darkness with no sense of being?

The only way to find out is to die.

No we're all going to definitely die I just haven't come to terms with my own mortality yet.

What happens if death is awesome and we are missing out?

ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS

that's a beautiful picture OP.
for me, I'm terrified of dying, but I accept that's just something that keeps me alive. After I die, I assume it will be like before I was born. I won't exist, and it will be peaceful af.

because death can't be as shitty as life

user it's easy to say "well its inevitable just accept it." The point is the envitablity of death is what's the most intense. No matter what I do it will never change.

The truth is the truth. It's not an outlook, and it remains the truth even if no one believes it

A bit. Do you have a different one though? It seems like the most rational way of looking at it honestly.
Isn't 10mm a little bit overkill? And no that would probably destroy them so don't do that dude. Can't even imagine what that would be like for them. At least you have a family you care about.
You made me spit my beer out from laughter

>>what if

I needed that thank you user

I dont know if peaceful is the right word

I don't want it to happen but I'm not terrified of it. I hope that there's something after this life.

What you guys aren't understanding, is that the experience you're a part of right now is literally a component of the universe which propogated itself, and is now pontificating on it's own existence. You're wrapped up in the vices of the world and lost in confusion. The reality is is that you're just a small function of something much larger.

I guess I'm just looking for a purpose in life. Objectively that outlook could lead anyone to do anything. It's chaotic and depressing.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHG_Q5MdX9g

I think all people have some fear of death, I like to believe people are not born with a want to just die. But living a good, decent, happy life makes death less frightening.
Personally though, I wonder if there is another side to life, if you fall into an eternal sleep or if you just become an empty shell in the ground waiting to become dust. If I could dream forever, then i'd welcome death when it comes for me.

What is death but the fulfillment of life?

True, in the large picture (unless one of us anons is secretly a world renowned figure) we wont be remembered in a generation or two. But our lives are the only things we control. So is it not normal to decide how our small wheel moves inside of this giant mechanism called the universe?

youtu.be/1uWfTUby9IE

Yes user and it's terrifying. I find myself nearly asleep when the thought crosses my mind and next thing I know my heart and mind are racing.

Just think of the alternative OP

You could live till you are 100. Just imagine being so old and feeble you cant do anything you enjoy EVER AGAIN.

You can only eat bland tasteless food and can hardly move and you are in constant pain for no reason whatsoever. Imagine your hands not even working properly anymore and your mind starting to slip and you cant think clearly or going into full blown dementia and not knowing where you are or even what decade it is. Imagine having people need to wipe up your drool and change your diapers because you cant go to the bathroom by yourself.

I for one would prefer death before that happens.

Think about it. What will it be like to go to sleep and never wake up.

What was it like to wake up, after having never gone to sleep?

There's nothing to be afraid of.

Every moment is a treasure.

seriously, watch the vid. Recognize that underneath it all, we are really all one.

I suppose 10mm is a bit overkill, but I've always been a proponent of the "carry the biggest thing you can handle proficiently" theory

But fuck, a glock 20 is extremely difficult to conceal while sitting

I watched my 103 yr old grandfather pass away from dementia a few weeks ago. Perhaps that's what's subconsciously going on in my mind. It was terrifying to watch someone who had built a family become so vulnerable and powerless to something larger than them.

Because it is an inevitability. There's nothing you can do to stop it or slow it - when you die, you die. It's going to happen. It happens to everyone.

Everyone dies, and in that fact, we are at least united in some small, unfortunate way.

Enjoy the time you have, that's all you can do. Cultivate a good life while you can - be kind, follow the simple rule I taught my brother. DBADB - don't be a douche bag.

Really simple to do, and people will remember you like they remember him.

youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU

Do you want to live forever?

user that's the point. when I think about those very things I find myself struggling to accept it. not having control over ones life is frustrating

You have to accept that you're not a simple puppet traveling along alone in this. You are a literally it. It is you.

I was thinking about that user, and I can't say I do. That thought is likewise just as intense and terrifying. My problem is simply coming to terms with my mortality.

You've never had control over your own life, only the illusion of it.

Learn to let go, user. Move on.

Why be afraid?
Is there is an afterlife you have somewhere to go, and if you don't you won't have anything to fear and the capability of being afraid.
I don't fear death itself.
Now painful deaths are not cool.

Good advice user thank you

>There's nothing you can do to stop it or slow it

Well you can slow it quite easily

youtube.com/watch?v=cRmbwczTC6E

Who would want that torture? You going through all the mental pain of this cruel world.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8gR4sQvjt4

If so, start working in child protective services. Ever wonder why the parents that have kids taken away can never talk to them ever again? Its because their organs are harvested.

Yeah, but when you die, you're dead. You can escape it only so many times before you're gone forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQBt4mqJFg4

Just enjoy life and try not to be too much of a cunt.

>e
This one is specifically on the subject of death.

Fuck that.

Death is nothing to us.
Where we are, death is not.
Where death is, we are not.

You will never, ever experience death, for when you are dead, there is no "you" to experience anything.

To be anxious about something which will never, and can never, affect you is foolish.

Think back as far as you can into your past. Eventually you'll reach the same place you're going.

Dumb faggot. You're probably a total cunt.

Read some philosophy OP, otherwise you can just keep stupidly pondering the same inane bullshit all day.

kill yourself is the solution,that'll solve the problem

Foolish, but understandable. Everyone has to confront their own mortality.

I wouldn't mind dismemberment.

I would actually prefer to be ripped apart and eaten by a pack of wolves or a bear or something. Let my body rejoin the life cycle instead of sticking it in a box or burning it.

Just no sharks, crocodiles or other assorted aquatic critters. Those niggers can starve for all I care. land mammal 4 lyfe

Awesome glad I'm not the only one in here.

Bc all i know is pain :)

Everyone is scared of death. If you say aren't, you're a fucking liar, and if you really really aren't, you will be when the time comes. Death is inevitable, so why be worried about it? What is after this life is unknown, and it will always be unknown. Instead of worrying about if there is a heaven or not, treat life as if it were heaven. Life is fucking amazing, even at its lows.

Because I won't be around to see it. The death of loved ones is the only deaths that you should worry about

Man, glad I'm not the only one here. Cheers to this life user.

AWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIET

youtube.com/watch?v=-CZCKP-H4C8

I'm not afraid of death. I don't particularly WANT to die, and I'd prefer to live out my life into old age - but what exactly is there to be afraid of aside from dying tragically or violently?

And either way, after I have died in that tragic or violent way, I won't be able to think about it.

Doesn't make sense to fear death.

im surprised it took so long for someone to give the obligatory kill yourself. Thank you user

Nobody is scared of death. Just what happens after death.

Oi fuk you m8 you're the cunt.

there's nothing happy or uplifting you want to hold onto user?

ha

It might not make sense to fear it, but that doesn't mean you won't. Fuck I say I'm not afraid of death, but a couple nights ago my heart started beating really fast out of nowhere, and I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest or something, and I panicked and almost cried. I didn't want to die, I was scared.

He has not yet attained full enlightenment, friend. But if he thinks on it a bit, he will.... and will feel better.

youtube.com/watch?v=RbAAVLcMzr4

Consider suicide

Overwhelming fear of death is my default state unless I'm on SSRIs. Give em a shot.

u sure showed him u fucking fag

If I die its not like I'll be around to give a shit...

i do not fear death because it is inevitable. why fear something the is going to happen 100%. the more prevalent fear should be not making full use of the life you were given. i believe in karma, and reincarnation, so i sleep easy at night knowing i have lived a righteous life.

Lol

I'm not terrified of dying because I don't like living.

This is rapidly turning into a feels thread

Where are all the suicidals at?

youtube.com/watch?v=L3MA0n4jEXk

what happens after death

We're all here lurking

Lad, here's the fucking deal.

When you're dead, you won't give a shit that you're dead.

You won't even be aware that you're missing anything.

So why be worried about it at all now?

im not afraid to die because i dont care about death. i care about life. i put all my attention on life. i try to do what makes me happy. and just live. why would be thinking of death all day in and day out? may as well be dead already.

fear of death is for the faithless

When I stopped believing heavily in Christianity and god I started to become deathly scared of death itself at night and it would keep me from falling asleep many nights.
The way I see it, death is like a test that you have no way to prepare for besides living your life to the fullest potential. If you spend a lot of time contemplating death and let that fear rule your life, then the goal of life, to live it to its fullest potential, is missed.
If I walk into an exam and I know that I'm going to bomb it, there's no reason to stress right before the test because you're going to freak out and not do your best work. I think death and exams are pretty similar in many ways.