What the FUCK is wrong with Spain's reputation man?

What the FUCK is wrong with Spain's reputation man?

We (most of us at least) do know that Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, etc. are more developed than our country. That's really all that's wrong with Spain besides the unemployment, it's just not up to par with the rest of western Europe in terms of technology and education. It'd be naive to deny this.

However for some weird reason the whole world seems to think that this is a hellhole. Americans and Canadians think it's a latino country. Latinos think the recession hit us so hard that we're now poorer than Venezuela and that we "got what we had coming for stealing muh gold". Literally indians think Spain is more of a shithole than their country too, I've seen indians say that.

WTF man? Did you know that since the height of the recession, with 30% unemployment, it dropped to 19% already? And it was never that bad in the first place anyway. What has the media been saying in foreign countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/20/spain-population-drop-by-2050-trends-low-birth-high-life-elderly-singles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i unironically saw a report on our first channel that people in andalusia are going on lines waiting for their daily soup and people are starving

might have something to do with this, but then again news are mostly complete bullshit and cherrypicking

>i unironically saw a report on our first channel that people in andalusia are going on lines waiting for their daily soup and people are starving

wew lad, i would have never expected that. i thought at least other euros knew spain. thats as far from the truth as it gets by the way, the south is shitty but they're all on welfare paid by the north so its ok

feels bad because economy is mostly about psychology so those memes are likely hurting our recovery in one way or another

Spain is italian, france, greece, portugal tier.

t. American

most americans disagree with you on that

what brings you here btw

You can't spell PIGS without Spain, my friend

Spain being italian,france,portugal tier is bad?

why are you doing mate? nobody wants your ass here

pigs = portugal italy greece spain. stillvnot literally worse than india

they changed it to piigs for ireland by the way

the "smart" letter order is because germans are assholes

Spàin is not france tier..south Portugal,Italy and greece yes

south european*

>Spàin is not france tier
by that logic, portugal and greece would be on an even lower tier

spain is doing better than italy except in unemployment.
I still think it would be better for spain to balkanize.Either leave andalusia or fully balkanize into differente regions.What's the fucking point of having a big population and alot of regions if you can't distribute wealth properly

mate we love spain. it's the best place to annoy the locals on holiday.
Latin/Mediterranean tier as in a bit poorer other European countries and have the stereotypeof being lazy fucks

never give up an empire

>and have the stereotypeof being lazy fucks
which is a meme btw. we are the most hardworking in europe literally, thats why there are so many unemployed, the ones with a job get everything done

well some americans confuse spain with mexicans but that's not the majority

i'm studying here for a semester
no it's a good thing, in america we consider this the best part of europe
university. did an american fuck your bitch or what?

idk Spain has a good reputation here
>bullet trains, decent cities
>nice beaches, good weather
>muh barca muh real

No.You have alot of unemployment because of lack of investment.External and internal.

>That's really all that's wrong with Spain besides the unemployment, it's just not up to par with the rest of western Europe in terms of technology and education. It'd be naive to deny this.

Well, also your country is kind of dying.

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/20/spain-population-drop-by-2050-trends-low-birth-high-life-elderly-singles

What doesn't have a good reputation in hungary?Even somalia has good reputation in hungary

and they are fucking it up with memes and lies. nice

In my hometown, Spain's reputation begins and ends with Barca and Real. We don't think anything bad about you guys, although your accents seem a little silly to us (why do you say "cabetha" instead of "cabeza"?).

Which is good.
GDP is something that keeps growing.If your population keeps decreasing then gdp per capita will increase.The pension system may be troublesome but it's just only a small part of the problem.
We don't need an increasing population when machinese are replacing people on major labour markets

the arabic ''h''
you got the galician spanish,thank us

CHI

more like, we say 'cabeza' and latinos say 'cabesa'

I lived in spain for afew years, it was pretty nice t.bh exept for the unemployment

>university. did an american fuck your bitch or what?
why do you go to England? fuck u and all guriis

>CHI

No, cubano. We don't really have Mexicans in Miami either, only Colombians/Venezuelans/Argentines.

>why do you go to England? fuck u and all guriis
because england fucking sucks and spanish is my native language

spain is the most accepting country of guiris in europe btw

mate, honestly no body ossociate us with france
are you idiot? also i don't want

siesta

kek

>spanish is my native language
ok sudaca

>The pension system may be troublesome but it's just only a small part of the problem.

It seems like a huge part of the problem, what happens when you run out of people to pay into the system?

>If your population keeps decreasing then gdp per capita will increase.

Not necessarily, what if the economy as a whole shrinks due to a lack of investment or other problems? Look at Spain since 2008 GDP. And GDP per capita can increase even with a rapidly growing population. The US and Chinese populations have both tripled since 1945, and the GDP per capita of each country has grown by even more than that.

*Look at Spain's GDP since 2008.

in america we do
i'm a white american of mexican/spanish descent

>i'm a white american of mexican/spanish descent
ok sudaca

Not that other brit, but there is truth in the meme. I work for a big multinational insurance company, and after latin America and Switzerland, Spanish business is the hardest to write. Everything about your country and culture seems to be inefficient

>in america we do

No we don't. If anything we associate France more with England and Germany. Spain is more associated with Italy and the latino countries.

>white american of mexican/spanish descent

kek

for us you are mexican, or sudaca...

france is very much associated with spain. the architecture, romance language, they even border each other. people with think about barcelona, paris, rome, etc. no one would think about england or germany
particularly southern france is very much like spain/italy. i'm guessing you've never been to europe?
is that a bad thing
the women seem to enjoy it

>that people in andalusia are going on lines waiting for their daily soup and people are starving

WTF men? I know there are many unemployment in the south but I have never seen that shit happening over here.

>france is very much associated with spain. the architecture, romance language,
no

Hardest to write? what's that supposed to mean m8?

Our culture is inefficient because of Franco I think. He put us in the wrong timezone, divided the work day in two parts with a siesta inbetween, and promoted worker's rights above all, to the point that they damaged the economy. Some of those things stick for generations. In Spain at work it's also actually not frowned upon to be late as long as you leave a little later too (max 15-20 minutes obviously).

That's all as far as I know. We aren't worse at getting things done at all, I know you didn't say that but some people does.

>over here
lazy andalusian detected. i bet you just woke up

>cabeza

Why do you think we spell things with s, c and z if according to sudacas they're all pronounced "s"?

What if Pepe Le Pew told you you should start writing like zis, sing instead of thing, etc etc?

Does el cura casó a dos siervos del señor mean the same as el cura cazó a dos ciervos del señor? Then why do you pronounce them the same?

Use your brain burgerbro

I agree with the burger. I associate France with Germany and the UK and not with Spain.

This argument is dead before it started because you're still pronouncing c and z both the same like "th"

>muh timezone

This meme needs to die. Jornada partida has nothing to do with the timezone and everything to do with cultural eating habits.

Not at all. C only works as "th" for ce, ci. It becomes "k" with a, o, u. Z, which is essentially a foreign letter, is an auxiliary in this case for the remaining za, zo, zu, and words with foreign etymologies.

portugal/southern spain/southern italy
northern spain/southern france, northern italy
northern france/belgium/southern england
northern england/scotland/ireland
netherlands/denmark/germany
finland/sweden/norway

there you go

But that is false.
>Ca
>Co
>Cu
The C sounds like a K
>Ci
>Ce
It sounds like a th

i didnt say it did. the timezone thing is just annoying. and dont forget it encourages overtime in a way as it gets dark later

jornada partida sucks because it leaves no time to just chill at home, its gone in most jobs but the culture sticks in a way: several times people takes over an hour for lunch

i hate leftists as much as the next guy but i hope Franco had just seized power, killed all hateful rojos he could, settled spain a little, then gave way to a democracy, instead of that super long dictatorship

>france is very much associated with spain. the architecture, romance language, they even border each other

It really isn't, at least not here. It's France/England/Germany and Italy/Spain/Portugal for most people.

>i'm guessing you've never been to europe?

No, and neither have most Americans. Remember, I'm talking about how Americans think of Spain, not how Europeans think of it.

>people with think about barcelona, paris, rome, etc. no one would think about england or germany

Paris and London go hand in hand in American popular culture.

The point is if you're going to use the argument that all letters should have distinct sounds then eurospanish fails in the same way

I'm aware that it can also be like a K but I'm talking about the times when it's the same as a Z

But it doesn't create a comflict writting wise. There are clear rules when to use c or z

in andalusia we pronounce c,z,s the same too

i don't know why these guys are trying to defend their shitty lisp

>The point is if you're going to use the argument that all letters should have distinct sounds then eurospanish fails in the same way

My point is that latin american spanish requires even native speakers to learn apparently pointless spellings by rote. Rote learning fails, even for better-educated people: if I had a dime for everytime I've seen one write "nesecito"...

Ooga booga go back to Africa

this
are you seriously trying to discount london

>in andalusia we pronounce c,z,s the same too
el sevillANO

Fucking Guiri. At least I hope that you think that our food is GOAT else...

there's an argument to be made with northern france and southern england i suppose, but france is very much grouped with the other Mediterranean countries. the culture is nothing like german or english culture. I am an american and always grouped southern france in with italy and spain so i dont know what to tell you.

Sorry, when I say "write" I mean get involved with, say if we insure a Spanish company.

Its strange because I don't think your working culture is too different to ours. In the UK people don't necessarily have to stick to your hours perfectly either, as long as your work gets done noone cares. People drinking at lunchtime is perfectly normal. It's just that your contracts are inefficient, you're always late, and you don't seem good at setting up deals. No disrespect of course

what's good spanish food? i think paella is pretty good, jamon is okay but overrated, tortilla is alright

mexican food and italian food are better. spain is pretty good i guess

Nah, I am sleeping while I write this.

>France and Spain and Italy in the same tier as portugal and fucking greece

fuck off

>what's good spanish food?
>mexican food and italian food are better
Ok you have to go back human scum

Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece in the same tier is pretty common

Definitely wouldn't put France in there though

He's right though, Spanish food is nothing special. Italian and Mexican are far better.

Before you say it I'm fully aware that English food is shit and would never argue otherwise.

North Italy and North Spain (minus galicia) are definitely nothing like Greece though, they're very similar to France

Don't know about the south though

The only truth is that everywhere we go, we fuck em bitches. We have the party in our soul. Thats why they talk shit about us.

>No disrespect of course

its ok. conversations like this are the whole point of Sup Forums

no idea about deals or contracts, i work in tech. every once in a while my team goes to a restaurant for lunch in which we have a 3 or 4 course meal (not sure if the translation is ok) and end up taking 2 hours. that's what i meant, not drinking.

i agree about being late btw. here you kind of cant always count on other people being on time, for anything. for work related stuff its not as bad obviously, and even then its still kind of an issue. but in my line of work it doesnt matter at all

in my case i dont even have that going for me as im fucking autistic. fuck.

>He's right though, Spanish food is nothing special. Italian and Mexican are far better.
Maybe if you are a filthy pleb like yourself. Most modern cusine is pouring out of Spain and French cooks are autistically copying

Spanish ham is the best in the world and Spanish seafood is the best in Europe, you're mad

To average English people you're all just catholic holiday destinations

>it dropped to 19% already?

That's still one in five and I bet your youth employment is abysmal.

>France
>catholic

absolutely haram

jamon is the most overrated shit in the world what the fuck

lmao okay mate name me some amazing spanish food that i should try. I'm not trying to bully, I love Spain and I've spent a lof time there. But the food is not great.

>jamon is the most overrated shit in the world what the fuck
its the fucking best though

just don't understand it

it's not bad, but it's just ham. just a slice of ham.

where can I find some good jamon then? I want to be wowed by jamon iberico truly i do

I was until 19, when I forced myself into social situations. Now with 23 im a totally normal guy. The only way to solve problems is to face them man. Chins up.

You have being in tourist traps which is pretty common in Italy and Spain. If the best chefs in the world are basically 40% Spanish it has to be for a reason.Stay a filthy pleb while 90% of the culinary world just revolve around copying our cuisine

Yeah, same here with the lunches. The drinking is just an example of how it's relaxed. People can basically do whatever they want as long as they get their work done. This is probably different in other industries. Your translation was correct btw

I don't think its Spanish people that make it that way, I think it must be something about your working culture or environment. You could be right, it could be something from your history. We have negative influences as well from our history - our working culture means that you basically have to work extra hours for free to be considered normal, for example. You have it good.

Why are you calling it "jamon", that just means ham. If you tried the good stuff you'd change your mind

Not really, when I go to Spain I spend time with my Spanish friends, I don't go as a tourist.

I like tortilla but that's about it. I have not tasted any Spanish food that has made me think "wow" compared to Italian food which will consistently be amazing.

Sorry.

Everyone's a chi bud

to be honest i get mine in the supermarket, so nothing special

and i find it to be so much tastier than any other kind of ham

i did that at 16, which turned my insane social anxiety (couldnt even ask a stranger what time it was, would panic if talked to...) into more or less being able to function normally. afterwards it kind of got fucked because of family problems, but im still functional which is nice.

after that i havent had the time or energy to work on this again as unfortunately i have several other problems, other than by getting and keeping a job im forced into social situations and slowly making progress.

im 23 too btw

I know what it means, I speak spanish to a basic level. It's just quicker to type and everyone knows what I'm talking about

I think Spain is as developed as Sweden or Finland.

It doesn't seem like it because Spain has 80 million people and nordic countries barely have any people at all

>jamon is quicker to type than ham

what did he mean by this?

I like Spain, the people there are really friendly.

same here lads, was autistic as fuck until 19 when i went to uni and forced myself to change. 24 now but i would say i fully converted to normie at about 23 too

kek i thought the same

insanely friendly. being socially awkward is hard here. fortunately as the country is in shambles the metro closes at 2am so i have an excuse to leave parties early when invited

>metro closes at 2am
But this is not even true. At least in Spic capital

kek i mean it's quicker to type than jamon iberico

Life is hard guys, everyone have his own problems. Its on us to make it worth living.

this, don't put fucking germanic rapebabbies celtucucks in the same sentence of SPQR heirs

im in madrid and it does, 2 or 2:30 or something like that, and i leave parties at around 1:30 "just in case" if i get tired of being there awkwardly barely talking

i mean i strive to put myself in social situations but after a few hours it can get awkward and i just want to call it a day and leave

well said m8

have been to madrid 5 times this year and can double confirm your metro closes at 2