Alright, so we know the plain normies that just take their ramen plain (maybe a little salt added)...

Alright, so we know the plain normies that just take their ramen plain (maybe a little salt added), but there's the rest of us, who want a little flavor with our cheap ass meals. So, what does user typically add to their ramen?

Myself, I add egg, few spices and herbs (black pepper, cayenne, garlic and onion powder and an italian blend of herbs [Oregano, parsley,rosemary and so forth]), Worcestershire sauce and if available, like lil' smokies or ham lunch meat or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-instant-curry-noodles-85g
youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA
youtube.com/watch?v=bneuTlZdfxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh and orange curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Forgot those two.

Shameless self bump.

This is great. I'll post what I do.

Finely crushed peanuts. Also one of those giant bags of frozen "nuggets", not the uniform size ones, will go a long way for multiple ramen batches. If you want to eat for the cheap and still remain someone healthy, you need to find creative ways to supplement protein into that shit.

For sure, that's why I make sure to add the egg and meat, when available.

Also, that sounds pretty good. I'mma try that sometime.

Who the fuck adds salt to Ramen?

That's like pissing in an ocean of piss

I bowl the water with sriracha & soy sauce. Then add garlic powder, black peppers, paprika, chopped onion. The sriracha and soy sauce really give it the most flavour though.

Then sometimes if I'm fancy and the shit doesn't go bad, I'll add chopped green onion

Some do, user. Trust me. It's gross, I know, since there's already salt in the season packet.

I also make miso ramen sometimes. Super easy. Boil the ramen, add dried seaweed, so it can soak up the water. And when it's done, add white miso paste and tofu cubes. Boom. Miso soup with noodles.

I sometimes add veggies like green onion (if available) or some sweet peppers into my ramen.

I had green onion to add tonight, but I spaced it, until halfway into cooking.

My last one is a bit german. There's a place around me with really good german place around me that makes homemade hot chili sauce. I throw some of that in there, and some of their "germand mustard" and then a LOT of spicy curry powder. This one is the spiciest I've made because of the curry powder.

Garlic powder, tabasco any kind of pepper/jalapeno/habanero (dont be a bitch pile that shit in there), mushrooms, thinly sliced beef, broccoli, red/mild/spring onions carrots etc. You can almost anything to ramen to make it 100% better

I make an alfredo sauce and put lots o' mozzarella and parm on it

Prison style,
Break it up, cook it up, drain it.
Add anything or everything like, cheese and beef stew with onions and rice.
Or chili and cheese and onions and jalepenos and slap em on some burrito shells.

Curry powder, sriracha, soy sauce

Whatever meat I may have in the fridge

shredded cheese melting on top.

>tfw mastering the poverty life

Agreed. Ramen is cheap, yet you can make amazing meals out of it. And I like to make my ramen spicy (hence the cayenne, red pepper flakes and curry powder) and I like to add jalapenos or peppercinis in if I can afford them. Worcestershire gives it a nice kick, too.

When you're poor, you either learn to make do or make shit awesome anyway.

Exactly, you can make 10/10 meals from it or shitty ass snacks. It's like a multi-tool.

Mine's pretty basic. Two eggs, chopped green onions, black pepper, spam and siracha sauce.

That's still more effort than just plain ol' ramen and still sounds pretty good. Although, if I may be honest with the anons, I've actually never had sriracha. Can someone tell me where on the scale of hotness it is? I assume it's more than a jalapeno and habanero.

Fresh basil, lemon baked chicken if available (user cooks this often) eggs black pepper and cayenne pepper for the spice. Add lime to git fucked up

Thank you, user, for the lime idea. Definitely going to do that now. Whenever I can get some, of course.

Just slightly hotter or as hot as a jalapeno, not super spicey, but its definitely a good heat.

sriracha*, man

Oh, well then lovely. I think I would enjoy that stuff. Probably not cheap, though.

I enjoy spice. I've eaten a habanero straight before. Seems to have been pretty mild compared to the jalapeno, though. And definitely not as hot as a pepper I once grew, called a hot kung pow

Not even close, it ranges between 1,000-2,500 scoville units, Tabasco between 2,500-5,000, jalapeno between 6,000-10,000, Habanero peppers 350,000 – 577,000

Still seems like a decent, medium kick.

shaved bonito

sure thing buddy, I suggest you stick with banana peppers.

Fuck yes. That's where it's at.

I usually jerk off into m bowl at the last minute. Adds some protein.

And banana peppers, I assume are pretty much nothing. Lol, I'll stick with the jalapeno and up. There are a few peppers I know of, but have not tried. Of course, haven't tried the ghost or hotter, yet.

Man, you don't even let it boil into it?

>(black pepper, cayenne, garlic and onion powder and an italian blend of herbs [Oregano, parsley,rosemary and so forth])

so what like comes in the little packets you get with ramen noodles?

Find me a ramen season packet that contains garli, onion, black pepper and cayenne. And most of those herbs for that matter. The only herb inside that packet is parsley. The rest of it is flavored salt.

This guy is right.

Use pic related

Boil 1 1/2 litres of Beef Stock adding 1/4 cup of Saki, 30 mls of Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp sweet chilli powder.

Cook Beef Strips in sesame oil and kekap manis. Seer spring onions, lemongrass, almonds and leeks.

Boil Ramen noodles.

Add noodle when half cook to the Stock pot.

Fry an egg.
Serve in bowls adding egg and garnishing with fresh chopped chives and lemongrass

your wish is my command sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-instant-curry-noodles-85g

>sourcream

or

>egg

dont fuck with me about ramen, i god damn woke up earlier than you

Lol pretty much. And I would heavily suggest you trythe Bhut jolokia (Ghost pepper) its fucking awesome.

I actually don't eat ramen. I eat rice noodles.
They're cheaper where I live but dear god they are boring. You also have to make your own broth. At least the broth is cheap.

> Mushroom "Clear Broth" rice noodles
Start with dried mushrooms. Shiitake are the strongest flavored, but almost anything works. Rinse, cut with scissors if not cut already, and toss into boiling water. This is your broth. Buy cheapass fish cakes. Slice them thin and boil them in the broth before adding the noodles. These fluff up big when boiled so three or four will fill a bowl. Add green onions if you can find them.

> Thai Style Rice Stix
Accidentally buy "rice sticks" thinking they were rice noodles? Got you covered. Make those things up according to the package. Still chewy? Good. Now, take some fish sauce, soy sauce and kimchi and put it in a pan. Add bean sprouts. Stir until the sprouts soften up. Add rice sticks. Top with green onions if you have them.

> Bastardized Miso Noodles
Take either some of those dried mushrooms or some dried anchovies and toss them in a pot. Fish them out once the broth is flavored. Cook and add in the rice noodles. Add miso paste. Tofu can be added here, too. Let it get hot. Remove from heat. Add the mushrooms back on top if you want,

get some tikka masala powder + a bit of cream/milk PROFIT

Ketchup (or tomato sauce if your fancy) + cheese PROFIT

IF you have more $$ Get some kimchi + a tiny bit of miso paste + tofu in that nongshim PROFIT

Cook em with less water than advised, add ketchup, bbq sauce, mayo, salt, pepper and a shit load of spices

That's pretty neat, except, well, US ramen is just cheap noodle with flavored salt. Nissin, Maruchan, whatever other common brand exists, that I don't know about. There's that one brand that makes cheap ass chow mein noodles, but I suppose they don't count.

I definitely shall. It shouldn't be too hard to obtain, anymore, since Wendy's loves marketing it.

Hot damn that's....i'm not sure what that is.

I put tuna in mine.

my ramen

>ketchup
>bbq sauce
>mayo
I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but man that sounds nasty, I'm afraid.

I get them from my local farmers market along with red savinas. I REALLY want to try a trinidad moruga scorpion or carolina reaper, both rated as the two hottest chillie peppers to exist

I'm sure there's a way to convert ramen into a dessert, but that's definitely not it.

soy sauce, pepper, sriracha, garlic powder, and maybe chili sauce.

I think the reaper is just past the Scorpion, but definitely, I want to try my luck with them, too, lol, and probably die.

Jalapeño, bacon, BBQ sauce, tomato. Makes a nice smoky flavor. I will sometimes also drop an egg into it or slice hard boiled egg and put that. Not poor, I just like raw men

>Alright, so we know the plain normies that just take their ramen plain

>I'm not a normie! I like seasoning in my food!!

lol, whatever floats your boat, special snowflake

Gah, dying is the fun part! And even when you do die, the spiciness stop!

Really no one here uses hoison sauce, sriracha, quail eggs, cilantro, cabbage, and viatnamese fried pork roll? Learn to weeb.

ALso the Ghost pepper is at 1,041,427 SHU while the Reaper is at 1.57 million

Sounds almost exactly the same as mine, I normally fry some mushrooms in there too

Rice noodle fag here. I do when I can afford them. Usually I buy the big bulk things then eat a little at a time and make variations based on my stockpile. In short, more dried or frozen stuff than fresh in general. It's cheaper that way.

Took you long enough to show up. What took yah?

Lol, that would be for a good obituary.

Yeah, I would love to get a hold of both of those and the scorpion.

They use red jalapenos/fresno chilis to make sriracha.

>what does user typically add to their ramen?
hot water

Somebody get the fucking image where some shithead fucks their ramen up and eats it. Think it turned blue or some shit.

Boil it. Then fry it in olive oil

This user posted it here

see

Someone already posted it:

Hi. Mr sugarman 1080 chicoma vista santa Fe new Mexico 87505

Ramen-fueled Hivemind.

thread music

youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA

Cool. yeah this is just my base recepie, I may add mushrooms, sea-weed, radishes, beans, sprouts. It all depends on mood, availability, time and/or money

The asian face under the oriental flavor.. I lol'd more than I should have.

>Took you long enough to show up. What took yah?

I was at the store buying eggs for my ramen, so I can pretend that I'm smarter and classier than everyone else in the noodle-eating world.

Ah, well good you could show, mate.

Spices, Soy Sauce, Eggs.

the packet it comes with

I usually just go to my local oriental market or ramen house and buy legit Japanese ramen, much better than the bulk starch American chicken/beef crap.

Thank you, anons. It's nice to have the ever rare decent conversation on Sup Forums. Go figure, the topic was about ramen.

I'm the plain dude, just boiling those noodle in fresh virgin's piss.

Mine is still pretty normal, but I'll add the flavor packet (obviously) usually chop up onions, bacon, and some eggs. Ham and chicken is pretty good on it too.

Try some hot sauce on Ramen, man. Tabasco, Louisiana, it doesn't matter what brand it is. those are just the ones I like most.

White man that learned how to for real ramen from living 5 years in Korea: For ultimate ramen add chopped side pork, baby bok choy, enoki mushrooms ans an egg at the end

can i add some sperm to ur egg?

>plain normie

lol buy and eat a steak poor fags

Ignoring the fact that I got this from fuckin' buzzfeed, these are pretty good:
youtube.com/watch?v=bneuTlZdfxQ

What, like every day? Fuck that, some of us like to be frugal.

Sounds good. Think I'll try that tonight. You still live in Korea?

Are you in military on tour or just living there? That does seem pretty good as the user above said.

Lol, not only does it help the poorfags, but it also does make for a quick snack, lunch, dinner, whatever the fuck, when you don't have time for anything else or are just too lazy to cook anything spectacular.

I sort of make a a stir with my ramen with eggs and if i have any meat on hand i'll definitely use some

Kek someone in the comments said they taste like shit

i made ramen with some leftover thai food and it was AMAZING. Turned a few bites into a meal.

dog or cat?

>quads

wtf is a burrito shell? you mean a taco?

Lime and tapatio

flour tortillas are commonly refereed to as burrito shells

Ramen is ramen. You can't polish a turd. No matter what you put on it it's still fucking ghetto ass ramen noodles. Can't stand cheap fuckers.

Splurge on yourself a bit. You can do all that shit with udon noodles for an extra buck. It'll taste so much fucking better too.

It's like those lardass faggots who won't ever buy Ben & Jerry's but spend $5 on a tub of the shittiest ass, generic neopolitan ice cream just to save a few bucks.