Need some advice on psychedelics and mental illness...

Need some advice on psychedelics and mental illness, heard that there is in cases good effects from people with depression taking shrooms

also general drug thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lsd made me less afraid of death. made me realise as bill hicks put it, that "life is just a ride"
youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w

do your own research faggot.

don't depend on the world around you to spoonfeed you the right answers.

asking if people had real life experiences fucking degen

ya because research papers are not based on real life people and real life experiences.

you need to go do your own research. not ask Sup Forums for mental health advice. seriously get the fuck out of here and get your ass on google scholar.

>Need some advice on psychedelics and mental illness, heard that there is in cases good effects from people with depression taking shrooms
>
>also general drug thread

I took 4 hits of acid and I normally dip a can a day but after the comedown I didn't even want to for 2 weeks

Been thinking about trying shrooms and acid, the most I do is smoke weed or drink. Any advice or prerequisites I should be aware of?

nigger you're an idiot, he just wants to hear some stories, go be a buzzkill somewhere else

stories don't help mental illnesses.

nothing wrong with people sharing stories dude, obviously you don't lurk these kinds of threads it'd be weird for people not to share

Can go really good, can go really bad. If you have schizophrenia or have ever had any delusions or mental breaks before you probably shouldn't fuck with it. If you feel you have nothing left to lose and let go you will have a good time.

Psychedelics aren't as happy unicorns and rainbows as you would think. Most of the time you get thrown into very deep introspection of yourself and it can be very emotional. Be ready to face your demons.

I'm on the brink of just giving it all up and hitting the road. I can't be happy, sad, angry etc... at anything for very long. I'm not calling it depression, it's more like severe apathy. Think that one of these aforementioned psychedelics would be a worthy experience?

As a medfag, I can confirm that you're a fucking idiot.

But yes, OP. Do your research, have close friends around and remember it's your journey.

you're agreeing with a fucking idiot. what does that make you?

>doesn't have a valuable retort
>just blindly throwing insults like a teenager
Shiggy

expecting a valuable retort on Sup Forums? you're as bad as OP expecting legit mental health advice on Sup Forums faggots. the lot of you.

I mean if you wanna talk shit back it up at least, otherwise we're just gonna ignore you since you have nothing important to say.

all i know from exp is that weed triggers the onset of schizo

check it bro bout to drop some knowledge on your ass

there is not enough research to say anything yet. but anecdotal evidence seems to support people "getting better". but it could also turn south really quick. if i was depressed and wanted to treat myself with psychs, id do it in a clinical setting and not at home.

Shrooms crush your ego into bits and that can teach us a lot. It has lots of benefits too.
Even thought if you meditate often you can get the same point of view(3rd person)/effect.
So yes shrooms make you humble (if done right).

To elaborate on your post a bit. Provided you don't have underlying problems in life, psychedelics in low to moderate doses can be very visual, body-high, euphoric rides.

It's larger doses and/or certain substances that will lead you down the path of self introspection, existentialism, and potential ego-death and apparent objectivity.

>get the fuck out of here
>enters a thread to be a negative fucking nancy

you fuck off

though* also set/setting are very important for newbies a sitter and eat something you wouldn't puke out easily and your stomach has to be near empty if you want to trip strong.

hes bitter dude. just leave it be man. lol its that simple. you dont need to be arguing with literally nobody and something that will be forgotten as soon as the thread dies. why are you both even continuing with this nonsense? just take it easy and relax. stop caring about other peoples opinions and stop thinking yours are the best ideas.

of course thats just my opinion. u niggers can do waht u want with your lifes.

all he did was tell him to leave

that horrible moment when you purposely get beyond fucked up on weed and you start to see how your relationships with your family is fucking horrible in every sense of the word and a cold blanket of depression and suicidal thoughts completely absorb you for a short period of time and you start to wonder how much longer you got it in you to deal with this stuff without losing it

>mfw

it doesnt take several posts to tell someone to leave.

>abusing the herb

take a break. its interfering with your life dude.

no no no this guy only posted once

2confused4this

yeah I know, im going to stop for a bit, I was using it originally to deal with anxiety but its just causing more by showing me how fucked up my life is

>"life is just a ride"

So many people who take psys come out with this hippy dippy attitude about life, humanity, and civilization, and that fucking bugs me.

>Don't worry man, everything's gonna be alright and nothing matters so don't try.

Golly, what a profound brand of enlightenment.

People are too willing to trust their insights and perceptions while on these drugs. We carry those moments with us for the rest of our lives as memories, but we can accomplish nothing with them. Has it never occurred to anyone that what you see and think you understand while on psys might not be the actual truth?

We don't have any idea how psys really work, or what they really are, or what we're really seeing. The TRIP is "just a ride." The world, and life in the world, is what is real.

my bad mate, I was the one arguing with the salty guy earlier, the guy I quoted had just posted in the thread

Op here, i dont really care about the guy who who was negative, arguing doesnt solve it just talk about drug kiddos

Weed did not serve me as a "habitual mental health aid," either. I didn't see it at the time, but in retrospect I would have been much better off if I hadn't smoked so much pot all throughout highschool.

Basically, just know that you can never control the drug. You may have a better hold on it with an increased tolerance but the drug will control you. You must be in a relaxed mindset and peaceful setting with very good, close friends or family acting as sitters to care for you. Because when you do this, you may as well be in another world.

if it makes people feel like they should geet up and do something its a good thing atleast, no point really just sitting around or waiting to die

there are plenty of peer reviewed articles on this subject. why would you value the anecdotes of random Sup Forumstards over something like this?

Handbook for the Therapeutic Use of LSD: Individual and Group Procedures (1959)
maps.org/research-archive/ritesofpassage/lsdhandbook.pdf

>so don't try.
that is only your interpretation of it dude.

try thinking of it as "nothing matters, so try everything!"

obviously doesnt mean go drink some bleach either. basically the phrase life is just a ride means the tough times are just part of life. learn to accept them grow from them and move on.

good to hear dude, I was doing it like 3-4 times a week, (I know thats not a lot for some people), and have been off it for about a month now. When you've got shit to handle its nice to take a break for a while but if you spare some time and have a couple of friends around I don't see why not.

because its a community, we talk about shit and itss something to do other than just reading some boring information

>just reading some boring information

this is why you fail.

Interesting thread. My Brother used to be very depressed and full of anxiety. Always on edge, worrying all the time etc. me and him eat shrooms every once in a while. Last time we did them he claimed to have seen through his "third eye". That was over a year ago and I gotta say he really changed his life around. He quit alcohol and started working out and eating good shit and his general vibe has improved. I uses to not like being around him but I honestly think that trip changed his life.

at least your mom didnt fuel your ambien pill popping needs and didnt later give you medical herb to "deal" with your anxiety issues during high school

fuck

>fail
at what

human interaction is actually a lot easier to learn from than most other learning sources for most, hence teachers.

you can still use it. just dont make it a daily thing.
dont say no to certain opportunities just cuz youd rather smoke that day or night.
dont smoke if you know you have to do some shit in the morning ect..

basically just get your priorities straightened out man. u dont have to completely stop cold turkey. just slow down and figure things out.

you are doing anything bad or wrong. you are just learning. by 18 it seems society wants us to be ready for adult life, go to college, be perfect citizen, blah blah.

disregard and just do you.

Bruh whats you can't honestly expect these people to be super book nerds. Not everyone is the same. Maybe it's more entertaining to hear stories and experiences which may or may not be true. Maybe not everyone loves reading cold hard facts for hours on end.

My advice, as a multiple times acid and shroom user: mental illness and psychedelics don't mix.

I don't know how likely it is that a trip will make you worse, but the severity of the consequences if it doesn't agree with you should give you pause. Some people go so far out they just never come back, and they can be the lucky ones. A guy on shrooms ripped his own cock off a while back, and I can definitely conceive of how that could've seemed like a good idea at the time.

reading words that were written by humans is not human interaction?

lol what the fuck? yes it is...

Clearly you're antisocial or something man. Try going outside or talking to people in real-time for once.

me and a couple of my mates experimented a hell of a lot with acid of a 2 week period and we sort of had the same idea, 2 of us dropped the whole revelation of less drugs, me and the other guy are going strong and its actually had a really nice impact on my life.

good to hear about your bro btw

human interaction as in conversation
not just words being dictated to you

if entertainment is the point of the thread, then carry on. don't mind me.

if actually getting healthier is the goal. then heed me.

:^)

are you trying to be a smartass or do you want me to explain the concept of 'realtime' as well?

;^)

drugs that concors your self discipline and makes you want to be high

All you need to know is shrooms are great. As long as you go in open minded and prepared. Sometimes the trip can change on a dime but just focus on good vibes man. Your favourite music would help too, maybe a blanket and some cool movies too (if you don't want to go outside) best thing is to go camping and do them.

you guys are literally conversing right now.

>grow from them
>nothing matters, so try everything!

Pretty much just meaningless semantics and euphemisms desu. Fucking hippies.

>the phrase life is just a ride means the tough times are just part of life.

That might be your interpretation of the phrase, but in general, that concept, and others like it, are obviously much more in line with the >YOLO type perspective. Consumerism, individualism, ect.

There's no such thing as "spiritual growth." There is only real growth. And if there's nothing real to show for it, then there has been no growth. E.g. hippies who live in shabby shacks in the forest and do nothing but take drugs all the time are not "enlightened" people. They're delusional bullshit artists.

Hey dude guess what! Not everyone is boring stick in the mud that gets a hard on from working all day everyday!

yeah dude everyones alllowed an interpretation of anything they want. you just so happen to see all this as hippy shit. thats fine dude. i disagree. and i also learned the hard way arguing is also pointless as neither of our minds will be changed by the end of this converstaion.

psychedelic assisted therapy can absolutely help to spur real growth. however collecting anecdotes from an anonymous message board and then eating drugs with some of your highschool friends doesnt produce consistent results.

tldr; fuck this thread

how do shrooms compared to acid? Ive dropped plenty and never had a bad trip but have had a mate end up in tears literally every time. How do the good/bad aspects compare?

While I agree with your bastardization of new-age woo woo hippies, it is extremely important to realize that the objective reality you speak of, is only known through subjective experience. We actually have a decent amount of studies showing the pharmacological effects of psychedelics and how they bind with certain receptors. I'm far from those hippies who think that you "enter another dimension", it allows me to remind myself that reality is diluted by perception at every level. It shows me the fallibility of the mind and helps me to internalize the ever important "All I know, is that I know nothing" - Plato's bitch
And with that I'm still hungry to learn as much as possible because I know my time is limited.

>Golly, what a profound brand of enlightenment.

>just do you

His motivation is completely valid as is. Let him handle it how he sees best. He doesn't need your shitty stoner advice.

yea i cry every time i drop.
good stuff.

>He doesn't need your shitty stoner advice.
im not making him take it either.

Ah shit I should mention. Someone posted about schizophrenia and shrooms and I can agree they don't mix. A good friend of mine woke up in the hospital with police there. He didn't remember a thing but apparently he had a meltdown in public and punched an officer. He hasn't touched so much as a joint since.

but it's ironic because you're telling him to ignore societies advice and to take your advice. as if you are more wise than the collected wisdom of 21st century western culture.

Honestly I've eaten a lot of shrooms but never acid. (Live in the country so shits hard to find)

Darn, cheers man.

the real answer is that the experience is much too subjective to be compared to another's experience. especially comparing experiences between different psychedelics,

>While I agree with your bastardization of new-age woo woo hippies
So do I. I struggle to find the words to describe what gives this "meme" value, but I compare it to the "bastardization" of atheism. It is a strong push against the advance of this nascent 1984 NWO culture.

Cheers lol. It's all good. Every time I do mushrooms I do it on a nice warm afternoon and just go for a walk around my property. Check out the woods, lay in a field and just reflect.

Good point. I would imagine its two different worlds.

>Every time I do mushrooms I do it on a nice warm afternoon and just go for a walk around my property. Check out the woods, lay in a field and just reflect.

>alone
>in a comfy natural setting

Just came back from LSD trip don't ever do this shit u hear me, I took it with a friend and I was all cool but she had the worst experience of her life and I've stuck around with her for 16 funding hours and finally she's coming back to her senses.

Either do it with people that have done this shit a million times or either do it with somebody alone who's not taking

Fuckin' A man that's how we done do it here in the middle of nowhere. Also random question for everyone. What do you think would happen if you were tripping on shrooms and took a huge hit of salvia? (I know it's fucking dumb but I've always imagined)

no, just more wise than you.

In my opinion, it's not about whether you view it as chemical science, or as magic. It's not how you look at it. It's what you DO because of how you look at it, that is what matters.

If people thought it was magic from space aliens, but then that led them to try and get the banks out of the jews' hands, or led them to seriously try and change global poverty, ect, then boom. As far as I'm concerned, it's alien magic.

you trip harder.

derp...

I know but do you think the brain could take it?

you would probably come out of it like a dream instantly forgetting most of the experience.

Dont do shrooms if you have tendencies for anxiety, especially agoraphobia. That being said the first time i did shrooms i found a greater sense of confidence but that was me

>wise

You're a youth who knows less than he thinks, and who thinks too highly of himself.

It is in your personal interest to go cold turkey from all the drugs for the next 5 years. You would come out of the other side a better man for it.

Because right now, to be frank, you're a miserly piece of shit.

of course it can. you ever heard of a thumbprint?

I'm pretty sure it is depression. I felt the same way before I started taking medication.

Tanking shrooms while you have depression is the worst fucking idea I've heard

While they can definitely make a mountain out of what may be a molehill before the trip, if one can come to terms with these internal conflicts during deep introspection they may find themselves on a better path in terms of eventually resolving such issues.

This. Don't smoke weed & do psychs.

If you're depressed I suggest doing psychedelics. Remember that psychedelics aren't party drugs and that if you're trying to get something out of it then even bad trips can be beneficial.

It's easy to slip on psychedelics, especially LSD. Also if you have a weak grip on reality or don't know what you are doing with your life, I don't suggest doing any psychedelics.

Lol, yea it depends. It's really specific to the individual and their circumstances.

Psys aren't toys, and should be respected

Honestly no. Do tell.

I do agree on the weak grip on reality part

>thinks too highly of himself.
why does this even bother you?
literally has no effect on you whatsoever.

Sounds like an experience