Tfw hiding how much you drink from friends and gf

>tfw hiding how much you drink from friends and gf

alcoholic thread

Don't worry man it'll be okay. I've only drank once in the past six days and for the past two years it's been at least 6 nights a week. Drinking is fun and I love it, but being sober(ish) has really helped me out.

Good job m8 I find it hard to even go 2 days without drinking

About 3 times a week

I do the same.. Hope the shed never falls down as there's about a tonne in crushed beer cans under it.

Oh man lol

Drunk everyday here

I drink at least 8 beers every night usually ten or twelve for the last two years my wife thinks it's two or three I keep beer stashed in my basement and put some back in the fridge at night so it looks like I only drank a few I have a hangover every Fuking day mfw

Do you drink at work

Borderline alcoholic reporting, have drank 4-5 a day in the past. Not asin 330 ml weak beer, 500 ml 6-7 percent polish larger.... Its not so much the beer drinking i have to hide its the cocaine use feels bad man....

I just woke up at 8am craving a beer. Opened up a tall can saying thats all I would have, and here I am a tall can and 2 beers later.

Its 10am

Iktf bro

damn bro

have you eaten yet?

>tfw always drunk
>tfw have to wear glasses and try to walk as straight as possible so people dont know

Damn nigga if I didn't have kids I would do the same Fuking thing I got shitfaced last night and feel like Shit today would really love a beer there at there grandma's till 3 thinking about drinking 2 out 3 beers then sleeping it off till they get home I'm fuked

I havent had a drink in a week since I hade a total fool of myself. Quiting alcohol all together isn't an option, since I pretty much have to drink in social situations.

2 or 3 beer wouldn't be noticeable

Iktf man I hate socializing without alcohol in my system

I don't know if I'm an alcoholic or not... my mum seems to think I am.

Anyone got like a surefire question(s) they can ask me that can determine if I am alcoholic?

the answer is to invest into quality alcohol, that way you will get mega taste and appreciate the drink, of course you have to resist getting drunk

Nope. Drinking kills my appetite. It's why I'm skinny, with a beer belly.

I usually drink way too often and I really like it. But like I said I can't quit. don't want everyone thinking i'm a total square.

can you go a week without drinking?

Beer isn't REALLY 'drinking' OP in the sense you mean it.
I have had the privilege of working with genuine alcos who hit shots of liquor all day - they are the ones with problems, the guys that go home in the middle of the day drunk.

I don't even live on my own, but if I did I would drink at all times of the day. I'm just glad I haven't let it affect my job.

Do you spend money on alcohol even if you can't really afford it?

Not the guy you asked but yeah I spend way too much on alcohol and can hardly ever pay bills on time. gfs getting pissed about it

>tfw live in ontario and booze is expensive as fuck

Easily, and that's assuming by "drinking" you mean binging. I only drink occasionally but I have a collection of spirits like rum, vodka and whiskey that I sometimes enjoy.

No.

I used to be an alcoholic, drinking whiskey from 11am-4am.

Anymore I just get a couple 40oz cheap steel or something else. Anywhere from 5-7 nights a week and choose to only drink after 9pm.

I know when not to drink, as it wears on me after a few days but I'm still functional. Only effects of not drinking is a little bit of depression and lack of wanting to communicate.
Maybe I'm still an alcoholic.

Been there before bro

>tfw trying to not show that you have a hangover everyday

Different user from I suffer from migraines about once a week anyway so hiding a hangover used to be pretty easy when I was binging hard.

I find if I get legit drunk a few days in a row I can't even feel the alcohol after a few days of constant boozing

it's like it stops working

>when people say you look exhausted
>telling them you haven't slept well lately

I'm actually hungover as fuck bordering on puking

>coworkers saying I smell of alcohol in the morning because i drank until 3am

Hangover puking for me is a nightmare. I have that hernia shit where my stomach doesn't properly seal. If I'm hungover and feel like I need to puke, I WILL be puking every 5 mins for the entire day.

I've had days like that bro, I was at work with one before and thank fuck I work outside at a golf course because I was in the bushes every 10 minutes gagging and puking up water

>having to cancel plans because you're hangover is bad

done that a million times

Yeah water on my hangover stomach is instapuke. Luckily, I've gotten real good at it. Have been driving before when the urge hits me, let it pool up in my mouth, quickly spit out when at stop sign/light.

Lol I've gotten used to it to, even if people are around I just step outside or washroom real quick and let it out and nobody hears a thing and had no clue I puked

>telling your gf you only bought a 6 pack
>she finds an 18 pack empty in the back room
>she confronts you about drinking 18 beer by yourself

That shits embarrassing

Been there man I still haven't figured out why I still do it every night I feel great for a few hours( if I can get past the guilt) then I'm in hell the entire next day knowing this I do it anyway

When I first got together with mine we lived separately and she came over and saw just how many empties I had around the house and she was shocked because she knew nobody else had been over to my place the days before

>bought gf a case of seagrams fruit flavored vodka drinks
>I bought same number of beer
>my 24 pack is gone in under 24 hours
>she's drank 5 of hers

She couldn't believe I drank the whole thing so quickly when it was just us 2 hanging out

can you go a week without drinking? at all?

Same here man. For every two beers I drink my gf who lives with me only thinks I have one. I don't tell her how much I buy and i hide that shit in the back of the fridge

I know that feeling all too well.

Get a real addiction pussies

I think its actually kinda nice as it keeps you away from drinking.

You say that, but typically I'll start to feel better around 7pm.. Drunk again by 9

Also Fuck off faglord.

Tfw muffling the beercan opening with other shit in the kitchen.

I know the feeling, I can't remember the last time i went without a drink. Gin and beer, I guess I should start drinking now so i'm not drunk at work tomorrow.

I think its alot easier to choose not to drink If I make it past 6-7 pm. The mornings are the worst.

I got asked why I always look tired by my gfs neice who's 6 years old

embarrassing brah

\frac{1}{3} \frac{9 x^6 + x^2}{2} \geq \frac{1}{3} \sqrt{9 x^8} = x^4

therefore beer over wine for long term functioning alcoholics.

YES that's me and counting the cans I put in the kitchen trash hiding the rest or putting in back of my truck and throw away at work the next day I'm a grown Fuking man wtf

I had similar thing with my niece about the same age. Asked me why the cigarettes I smoked smelled funny kek

I drink a six pack of micholob ultra everyday at 7pm.
I work out in the mornings and stay active. I'm 30 in good health. I can run a mile and jog many miles.
drink responsiby friend...counter balance it

Agreed if I can keep myself busy until 8 then I generally only have a six pack and don't have nearly as much hangover but the time between 4 and 7 usually gets me for some reason I can't stop thinking about it

Once I start I can't stop until I'm hammered

lucky trips.
I've been drinking like that for years btw
and yes I know michultras are for pussies

i haven't had a drink in over a week
get your shit together degenerates

>TFW at least 2 bottles wine a night, some vodka too, every night.
>TFW Headaches every day
>TFW Stomach in agony every day
>TFW Only part of my day I enjoy is getting wasted in the evening
>TFW Ex GF of 3 years, (we broke up because she got a job in a different state and long distance wasn't working & I can't move due to my fathers health) friends, family and co-workers have never even commented on it ever.

How is it not obvious? If I go a day without drinking I feel nauseous and irritable. I keep waiting for the intervention, but no one gives a fuck. I'm literally drunk now, head swaying trying to spell this properly. Fuck this. I want to stop Sup Forums.

I usually drink alone after everyone is asleep. I drank about 10-12 shots last night/this morning from 2-3am and it did nothing for me.

Same user. I don't know how to control it I'm either sober or so drunk I can't get a sentence out.

"i help those who help themselves"

I remember when I was 14

Might sound like a pussy but I think the nerves are the worst. Almost get paranoid after a few weeks/days of drinking.

>mfw seeing this thread just as I'm about to drink

I drink a pint of vodka at least twice a week, usually more. Today will be the fourth time this week. It's usually around 3 or 4 days, but sometimes up to 6. However, that's mostly been out of boredom, since I've been living at home with no job, car, or money. I'm starting Uber next week, getting a car, gonna save money, and finally move back out. So I'm cutting down to strictly twice a week, the nights before I don't work.

>tfw I'll probably start drinking heavily again once I get settled

I can't... I just can't. It would be easier for me to chop off a hand.

Just a word of advice for those with constant hangovers...

Weed is your friend. It also enhances your experience if you smoke after drinking, so you don't have to drink as much.

you lack discipline. counter act the shitty shit you do with something positive. Ying and yang bitch.

I wish, and i just used shots as a reference

That's a factor for me too definitely, but I'd say the stomach pain is what gets me. I had to stop drinking beer it got so bad with that but the wine still fucks me up too.
The sweating too the next day when your head is throbbing and your stomach is swirling.

I wish my shaking was caffeine related.

I've had nights like that too where I just don't get drunk. Usually if I drink, sleep & then drink again after waking I just don't get drunk. It's really frustrating.

im drinking 120oz of beer every other day its gotten to the point were my body relies on it otherwise i cant function and or have withdrawals don't really have the will power too quit and i work at a winery so if im broke i have a gnarly vintage wine collection 28btw

I'm a heavy weed smoker but smoking during a hangover is always a bad idea for me. Kicks off my gag reflex. Though, if done right it does help with regaining an appetite to get me through it.

TFW when trying to hide trembling hands

120 oz... dude thats like 3 cans where I live. You're not an alcoholic.

I'm on call for work. Drank a lot last night and the night. Drinking again today. Idk man. Sometimes I get drunk and it all ends up being fine and other times its not fine. I think some shit happened to me as a kid or something because I can't cry unless I'm completely wasted and I hate it. I'd give everything and anything to feel things without alcohol. Ive pushed my family,great girlfriends, and even just friends away with it. We'll be alright user. Just keep fucking swinging. Never let go.

hmmm.
i drink a lot.
a 750ml will usually last me two days.
do this almost everyday.
feels good.

Thats why i drink bro, if i have some heavy shit to mentally process, i have to be drunk to get the feels out

Yeah keep hanging on user, there will be plenty of time for rest in the grave.

I like drinking alone, it's best kind of entertainment for me. even drinking with friends isn't satisfying enough.

im here for you user.

Wow, that's so odd to me. I have a strong gag reflex in general, and weed always calms it, especially when hungover.

Actually, what's weirder is that I don't get hungover unless I drink only a little. If I get plastered, I usually feel just fine in the morning.

I drink about 3 nights a week at least. Mostly wine, ranges from a strong buzz by bed time to fairly wasted. 3 nights a week is cause instead of getting drunk ill get stoned. If im low on weed its like 5 nights a week im drunk. Even if im sober the entire day and evening I find that in order to fall asleep I have to get stoned or have a few drinks before bed at least.... Been like this for about 2 years now

>this. n music

Binge drinker here, either I don't drink at all or I go all out for a few days at a time. There's puke on my carpet that I'm too hungover to worry about cleaning. Saw this thread, figured I'd check in.

Same here, I barely even drink when I go to parties and Ill volunteer to DD when me and my friends go to the bar. I almost exclusively drink alone

...and book or vidya, olives...

I drink to tolerate every funking boring day... plus a +8 years marriage... so for me it's not a problem.. is the solution.

btw... JD for me does the trick.-

usually when drunk i get so emotionals specially to certain linkin park songs why cant i just feel doing cocaine doesnt help either

You fuckers need to stop drinking holy hell. Have you all seen what cirrhosis does to you? Slow, painful, agonizing, bloody death.

Everybody needs an exitstrategy

Do you find yourself hiding your drinking from friends and family?

>you alcoholics should just stop drinking

Oh is that all? Thanks, guy, I hadn't tried that yet.

Drank yesterday from 1 to 5 got wasted and sobered up at midnight then couldn't sleep because heart pounding. I think you need to eat food before you get too hungover or eat food before sleep. I drink chicken broth when I'm hungover but try for low ish sodium ones