What are your thoughts on the new DOOM?

What are your thoughts on the new DOOM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpdtNKWXV_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just watched the trailer and keked good as i saw him load fired shells in the shotgun.
youtube.com/watch?v=BpdtNKWXV_E

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread since I can't decide whether or not to buy it.

If it turns out like Wolfenstein, then I should love it.

People say the campaign is good havent played myself yet

People seem to be digging the single player

44Gb...

ive never played a doom game before but im thinking about getting this

Spotted the cuck

Multiplayer sucks, but I can say the campaign is definitely worth the buy, has replay value too. I'm having a blast. The glory kills can get a little repetitive and excessive. But overall, this game is a nice refresher away from the standard of fps shooters today, such as staying in cover, iron sights, accuracy, etc.. Plus having the FOV slider like OP said is a nice add on. If you loved wolfenstein, then you will love doom.

I decided to give it a go. The single player has been really good, I'm just running around shooting aliens and punching their faces so fuckin hard that the explode and shit. Mad fun. Not played the multiplayer yet. I've heard bad things about the it so I've been avoiding it.

Singleplayer is very fucking fun, multiplayer seems to be fucked balance-wise though.

Dubs confirms

trailer looks fuckin good
love the chainsaw tbh

hell is way not creepy enough. where's all the fire and lava? where are the damned, the torture victims, the crucified and impaled sufferers?

apart from that, yes, i'd say good average. worth playing if you don't expect too much.

The chainsaw isn't used like a standard weapon though, it's more of a speacialty item. You only use it when your in desperate need of ammo. Same with the BFG.

Pretty fucking fun. Just enough story to keep the game rolling but not so much that it becomes the focus. Gameplay is lightning fast and balanced well, only issue I have is that some levels are far too easy to get lost in, but overall it's pretty fucking good. Definitely feels like it's Doom.

About to play the first level in hell, but I've heard the same things from other people

I've played it for awhile. Really enjoyed our so far. A lot better than I initially thought it would be.

Checked. Also I more or less save it for when big ass enemies show up in a hoard of imps and whatnot to get em out of the way fast.

Taking out a Baron of Hell or Mancubus in one shot with the chainsaw is fucking sweet.

played it 8 hours so far, was pretty sceptical at first but it was totally worth the money, it's a hell of a fun and the kill moves aren't too anoing as well

Installing it now. I've heard from people that it feels more like a reboot from 64 story wise, because in the very beginning it makes it pretty obvious that this is your "return" and you've fought the demons before. Kind of like breaking the 4th wall, referring to the players. Maybe I was being trolled.

Any decent torrent out for it yet? If multiplayer is bad why the fuck buy it?

Yeah, I tried that at first,(playing on nightmare) that's when I realized that you need to be maxed out on the chainsaw ammo in order to take out the bigger demons

Because not everyone enjoys games that are just centered around multiplayer.

Yeah I got that vibe too. Seems to me like a 4th wall break honestly