Win7 fag here. Should I upgrade?

Win7 fag here. Should I upgrade?
I remember I first "upgraded" when it was rather new, but ended up downgrading to W7 again because the whole thing was a clusterfuck.

Has it improved at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

install gentoo

is this bait?
dont upgrade man, just dont do it.

No, not interested in Linux.

>gentoo
I doubt OP knows how to linux

>should I upgrade?
>Has it improved at all?
It's still a clusterfuck.
Some software will not work right with Win10.
Keep Windows 7.
Just make sure it doesn't fuck up Windows Updates.

No man, no bait. If it's still shit I'll stick to W7.

Don't until we have directx12 games

It's still bad. Stick with 7 as long as possible. I regret not getting 7 on my new rig. No sign of it being "better" or "worth it" in the future either...

people just like to jump on the hate bandwagon whenever anything new is released.
its really great, there are no compatibility issues
its a lot faster and overall just better than win7
dont believe these bandwagon retards

Yeah it's alright now if you just want to stick to windows. I pin all my often visted directories to the task bar, so no need to use start, which has been improved upon.

My experience with Win10 has been pretty good so far, user. It seems to weigh (physically on disk) less than Win7, and I have been able to enjoy some of the more recent Dx11+ features.

Overall, Win10 is just a *slight* improvement over Win7. It's like Win10 took the best of Win7, and the best of Win8 (the little it could scavenge, I mean), and put them together.

Don't listen to these faggots. I have windows 10 on my pc and it runs smoothly. No compatibility problems at all. Upgrade if you can.

eh. it's not bad. Better than 8, but still kinda has that "made for a touch screen" feel at times. I upgraded and just got used to it; there's a few things about 10 that I like that 7 doesn't have, but generally I think I like 7 more. Buddy of mine used an extra hard drive for 10 so he could play some racing game but he reformatted that hard drive after playing the game for a few hours cause he hated 10

yeah, it was kinda fucked at first, but works fine now

this

Just update, it's much better.

At least if you take 5 minutes to set the shit-up.
If done right it's basically a win7 with a cleaner look, DX12 and it works a little bit faster.

Alright, if I do upgrade, should I UPGRADE or do a clean install?

>hivemind

clean install will always work better

Upgrade is fine probably, unless you really wanna take the time

Windows 10 really is an upgrade over all the Window version. You'll see how quick it is, even with the booting. Usually, Windows 7 takes around 30 seconds to boot. Say goodbye to that. Windows 10 takes not even 5 seconds and you're loaded. Upgrade, user.

here. I upgraded with ONE issue, and that was some NVidia or HP update, I don't even remember anymore. I mean, bitch please. Took 2 clicks and 5 minutes to correct.

The upgrade works great. If you want to keep your shit, just upgrade. If you have everything backed up and don't mind reinstalling programs, then do a clean install.

It's free now, take advantage of it.

I installed it because I thought i should try it before I had to pay for it. Biggest mistake in my fucking life, reverted back to windows 7 within an hour.

This is definitely true, I've had win 7-10 all on the same machine and 10 has been the fastest.

I disabled Cortana and a bunch of other shit.
I'm running a dual-core with 2 Gigs ram on an old laptop. Works great.

How long ago was this?

I have 10 on my gaming rig. That's all I use it for, and I don't have any issues. Debian on all the rest of my machines.

I don't understand you people, what made it HORRIBLE for you? Something accessed in a different manner that your autism just can't handle?? I don't understand...

Shut up. If you only used it an hour, that's not a proper evaluation. Fucking haters are so easy to spot.

Holy fucking quads. About a week ago, it wasn't picking up my graphics card so I couldn't use my monitor, made league of legends laggy as fuck, too much of a hassle so I just reverted back.

Some of my pirated games didn't work on Windows 10 for some reason.

do it faggot

stay with windows 7 for as long as you can then goto linux because windows10 is shit and should never be trusted

If you wait much longer, you're going to have to pay for it. Just upgrade it for free now.

Another thing I didn't like about Windows 10 was the inconsistent boot up time.

Sometimes it'd be blazing fast. Other times it was slow as fuck.

Windows 7 always boots up consistently.

that's because windows 10 deletes pirated games

Hey linux fags. Get out, your opinion doesn't count.

All you do is shit up the thread with bullshit. Fuck off.

>paying for an OS

if you're paying for an OS, you're doing something wrong.

TBH - yeah.
But once I figured it out it's OK.
No issues. No crashes/BSD.

I just don't like that I was forced to do it.

/was running 8.1

thats a fucking lie

u mad at a open source non spyware os

k m8 if you like sucking microsoft's dick so much stay with windows 10

Google am i retarded to find the answer

10 is fucking junk.

windows > linux

linux is shit. 90% of games don't work. that's why we got windows.

You mad at an OS that Linux can't beat?
This is the year of the Linux desktop though right?

You haven't used 10, you hate MS, yet here you are with your edgy comments.

Typical Linux user.

Microsoft is the motherfucking antichrist.

use a vm then that's what i do

I've got 8.1 and classic start working exactly the way I want it to. I've got Photoshop CS2 and steam and thats all I really need.
Is there any one thing that Win 10 does better that would make me want to upgrade?

Not OP, but thanks... I love my W7 Ultimate, wasn't really thinking of upgrading any time soon... But thanks for reaffirming my suspicions...

hey i said nothing about windows being bad i'm saying windows 10 is bad
windows 7 is still a good os

You guys are fucking retarded. I've got my free copy of Windows 10 running on a desktop, hidden away in a corner, while I'm using an old laptop I revived with Linux to play.

I love Linux for programming.
I love Windows for gaming.

Steam in-home streaming allows me to do both.

>tfw Steam in-home streaming to play DOOM at 4K 60FPS on my TV

It's still a clusterfuck. Consistently throws out errors, can't sync/update the mail app - can't open half your icons like documents from the shortcuts, reliable apps/programs stop working with it. I purged the unholy code from my system, returned to 8.1 and installed Never10 and have never been happier.

lol

It's amazing how the entire OS fails for some people, while the vast majority have barely a hiccup. Must be user error.

FIFA 15 stopped working for me.

That's just windows silently installing more marketing software each and every silent update

>It's free now

Did you ever ask yourself why Microsoft is giving Windows 10 away for free, when in the past, they sold operating systems for hundreds of dollars?

Disproved. Do a google search for "windows 10 spying".

seems to be a marketing tactic so they can force ads and they're own app store

you autists act like that makes an older OS more secure or something.

Must be a fucking conspiracy huh?

Get win 10, update to the most recent version then get some tweaks/hacks to prevent their bullshit spying

First article when I searched "windows 10 spying"

bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

that doesn't 100% remove all the spying

One OS is less costly to maintain. That is why this one will just be upgraded with new features, etc.

More secure since people don't update their own shit like they should. This OS was designed with security in mind, and with everyone on a current OS, it will have the latest updates.

Vendors are happy since they only have one OS to code for.

And? Are you apart of Isis or what?

Never answered...

Closest to right I'd guess.

Either way, they're getting their money for 10 somewhere. And if it ain't from us, it's still from us.

I'll pass. Simple enough for me. I'll stick with 7 because I love it, and I figured out how to turn off the 10 upgrade bug.

Get out Bill Gates

it is, they are taking all of your information you type and selling it lol

WAKE UP

No rebuttal?

OH shit you're right. Better downgrade to windows 7 with updates that include the same spying software windows 10 has.

What's there to rebut? I like Windows 7, I see no need to change.

win10 is a shit

Burson Marstellar shill.

Microsoft - king of astroturf. They can suck my left nut.

I think windows 8 is fine, Though I'd probably prefer 7,Didnt really care when I had 8 though, And now 10 I like but really no real reason to change

I'd say don't bother changing just cus your used to 7,Really the differences between 7 and 10 is just it looks different honestly and obviously it's quicker booting up and runs slightly better, Whatever it'd up to you

The start menu sometimes brakes and needs a system restart. But for the most part, it's ok. Wouldn't consider it a critical update though.

same thing happened with windows 7 release and people still clinging on to XP. just upgrade and stop being a faggot, it looks better and if your computer isn't a sack of shit you'll be fine.

>mah spying
>mah cpu/disk load

you're just going to be browsing Sup Forums anyway ya fucking loser

>The start menu sometimes brakes

Only through heavy conering though, right?

*cornering

I replied to
You said
Obviously following the discussion, so you put your snarky comment in. Now, you still have nothing to address the original comment. Got it.

I tend to use keyboard shortcut keys quite often, so yeah, it might be because of that I guess.

>reddit in favourites
fuck right off

All of those quotes are mine.

SHILL

God damn, you are a special needs kid.

I'm not exactly sure why you're upset...

I can't believe the amount of shills and retards itt. Windows 10 is nothing but spyware and bloatware that thinks it's know better than you. No matter what you try and do it will reinstall the bloatware back on your pc and turn on the spyware no matter how many times you turn it off our uninstall it. Windows 10 is cancer

IT tech here
Not bad as OS's go
Buut, loads of legacy printer drivers just don't work.

No. Not it hasn't. Nor will it. They fact. that it's free should tell you how much people like it. They don't. The only ones who do are the Apple fags who buy everyone new iPhone just becsuse.

>i get on the internet to let out all of my snarky insults and be a faggot

you keep on using that word, but i dont think you know what it means.

dont

>i paid for it, that means they wont EVER data mine me right?
>being this retarded

>thinking windows 7 doesnt have most of the same spyware
>tinfoil hat wearing neckbeard confirmed