People say they don't cut themselves for attention, yet they cut their wrists...

People say they don't cut themselves for attention, yet they cut their wrists, which is probably one the best places to get caught cutting. Why not cut their thighs or upper arms if they don't want to get caught?

This has always conufused me about people that cut. So, why Sup Forums?

Of course they cut for attention. Some do in discrete places but generally its all for show. Pathetic really.

I only do it above the knee

medfag here
About 99% of the time its for attention, no doubt.

There is a select 1% that does it for the actual feeling. Cutting can induce a sort of natural high. These people usually do it on the thigh or similar areas, where they're less likely to be caught.

>People say they don't cut themselves for attention
People lie.

They only say that the don't cut for attention b/c you'll give them more attention that way.

My mom cut my WiFi off and didn't let me get burgers for dinner... she got pizza instead.... I just want to die and cut myself... life is so hard.

What the fuck is the purpose of seeking attention in th first place?

>people
I believe you mean women, anonino.

>Medfag
Got any source for your claim?

Validation for their inflated egos.

First rule of cutting: across for attention, down for results

How is attention validating?

People want to seem like they're important. Attention makes them feel important to others' lives. The fact is, though, attention can be gained through positive ways, such as excelling in academics, sports, etc., as well as negative ways such as cutting.

He could be a nurse or an emt or something they arent that uncommon. Not everyone on here is a jobless loser

Makes them feel important, like the center of the universe. I guess.

used to cut myself, back when i was a reaterded emofag teenager. i have hughe scars going across my thighs and on my ankles. if you meet anyone who cuts just for the feeling, you will never know that they do it. my current GF has asked about the scars and i just avoid the question, and simply say, i was a stupid kid.

Tried it for the first time a few weeks ago to see how it felt and it felt pretty awesome. Again I was drunk so it didn't really hurt to bad

I'm not doubting him. I just want some more scientific insight on this issue. That's all.

That's fucking gay.

No, this is just my personal experience from 8 years of working ER.
Most are actively seeking attention because they are moderately depressed. A few are deeply depressed and those are usually the ones that hide it. The ones that hide it are often the ones who will go on to kill themselves or to make a real attempt at it.

Indeed. That's why cutting is lame and over dramatic.

Yup.

I see.

You can go down for attention too. Had some bitch walk into the bathroom and cut herself the "correct" way, didn't go deep enough to do much damage. Had to fill out an incident report, I wish she cut deeper.

Humans being human. Complex beings, asking for help. They know no other way.

>These people usually do it on the thigh or similar areas, where they're less likely to be caught.

incorrect. all areas described have very few nerve endings.

>actual doctor here, not "med"

Bullshit, being a faggot isn't complex.

You have to cut fairly deep. Feel for a pulse and cut there.

Honestly though, if you're really trying to die, go for your neck. Again, feel for a pulse and cut there.

Kek

Impulse really. Whenever you get to that point you're not thinking about where, you're just looking for the pain.

Been cutting on my thigh for 4 years now.
Only people who know are ones who have seen me naked. I'm not an emo child it just feels good.

yup

Checked
Good on you for not being an attention seeking little shit

Humans are simple creatures, cowards who cut for attention are the worst.

Personally, the forearm was for accessibility. I'm too lazy to roll up my sleeves, that location makes your OTHER wrist sore, and it's a bitch to pull pants down to get to your thighs (wearing a belt). Also, getting through leg hair with a razor fuckin sucks.

how about this guy?

Quads checked

Or someone could just shoot themselves like a man.

I graduated UC Davis in 2004, how about you?
Fucking faggot.

coz it's easiest and skin there is thinnest dunno?

>mffw i cut on my legs and thought wrist cutters were only fake for tv and stuff
>mfw i have no face

>like a man
Guns are the quick and easy way. It doesn't take nearly as much effort, mental strength to pull a trigger as it does to push a blade painfully into your neck and tear at your artery.

Its not even a guarantee. If you cut in the right place, its a guarantee.

Something that happened between me and my ex a while ago.

>be me
>in class
>ex gf sitting next to me, not my choice
>usually pretty friendly to me, and usually in a positive mood
>I always knew she was really emotional at times and she used to/probably still cuts herself
>today she wasn't
>First thing she says is:
>"user, if I put a bullet in my head tommorow, would you care?"
>wtf
>"uh, probably"
>Don't give 2 shits about her anymore
>trying to act like I care
>"Do you feel obligated to say that?"
>fuck shes onto me
>"Uhh, no"
>She then tells me about how she tried to kill herself a few months ago (We've been broken up for over a year)
>No idea why she is telling me this
>Continues to tell me how she was put into a mental hospital and got out of school for awhile
>loldidn'tevennotice
>I always had a hard time showing that I cared, even when we were in a relationship
>Probably looked like I didn't care at all
>Still have no idea why she is telling this to me, she had another bf at the time so I have no idea why she didn't vent all that shit onto him
>Then it hit me
That was the day I learned that people cut for attention

Emofag here. Used to do it. Don't really have a reason other than a cry for help/attention/pity etc. I did get a sort of high off it though, not entirely attention seeking.

Good life lesson, and fucking kek at
>fuck shes onto me

Krist?

zozzle

mmm endorphins

One shot with the S&W 500 to the head will kill you, no exceptions.

yup

I dont believe you. Text kale and tell her to text me "666aaa666" if its really you.

When I was younger I did it on my shoulder. Like on the deltoid area. I look back on it and realize how retarded I was and how ridiculous of an idea it seemed like. Live and learn I guess

How fucking specific is "Been cutting on my thigh for 4 years now.
Only people who know are ones who have seen me naked. I'm not an emo child it just feels good."

Not very.

of course its not krist you fucking fag