Sup Forums, I got a very small amount of sugar in my carpet. Will ants come? I've had ant problems before in this house

Sup Forums, I got a very small amount of sugar in my carpet. Will ants come? I've had ant problems before in this house.

Pic not related.

Well, depends on if there are ants nearby. Sugar doesn't somehow magically conjure random insects into your home. Anyways, do you own a vacuum? Best of luck.

its very late and i dont want to wake up others in my house.

also there could be ants nearby but it was very little sugar.

bump

I figured it out. Dissolve that shit with water deep into the carpet. Ants won't touch that shit.

At least you'll never see them. Sub-carpet ants. Ninja ants.

is this actually a good idea
idk if im ok with ninja ants

what exactly will this do, also i cant see where the sugar is in the carpet, i just know the general area/section

Well, it's a phase change. So eventually the water will evaporate. But my reasoning behind that is by the time it dries up you can vacuum it. Diluted enough I don't think ants will consider it a worthwhile food source, or even "detect" it.

how much water should i use

A volume you feel comfortable with. How about a cup, as if you were to drop a cup of water. And then blot it with a towel or something.

even if this doesnt work thanks so much cuz its worth a try

Hey, it was fun thinking about helping you.

any backup ideas?

I was thinking mixing a deterrent powder in like borax or baking soda?

If you didn't want to go the wet option.

I've had this problem.
The ants are going to swarm that sugar like crazy. The best way to get rid of them is to pour more sugar on the carpet, like a pile of sugar, and then lead a little road/trail of sugar from the carpet, through the living room and kitchen, all the way to the front door. Then let the trail continue under the door and then onto the porch/steps/whatever and all the way to the nearest grass/dirt.
This will fool the ants, they will encounter the sugar in your carpet, follow it out hoping to find more sugar, and bam! you've tricked the ants into leaving your house.
You're welcome.

I'm not even mad, I'm just glad someone else is in this thread besides OP and I. Nice dubs.

ok this isnt an option. realize that theres so little sugar i cant actually see it. do you still think il have an ant problem? the spill isnt on ground level but ive gotten ants in this room before from dropping an m&m

how many ants do you think there will be

bump