I work full time at a domino's managing and sometimes delivering. been working there for a year +

i work full time at a domino's managing and sometimes delivering. been working there for a year +
>AMA

link to another domino's related thread, has stories from other drivers.

What's the creepiest shit you've ever encountered delivering pizza?

the creepiest..... honestly i haven't driven for dominos a lot so maybe a drunk guy in his underwear around 11:00pm haha but i'm sure it gets creepier

Managers generally allowed to deliver. Are you doing it when a driver's car breaks down?

Do you like your job?

yea and sometimes if someone has to leave early or doesn't want to work. driving pays a lot better too, and the average tip in my town is about $5 and drivers get paid back $0.2 per mile

I managed 3 stores until moving to a city where I now make more money as a driver and have less stress. Being a manager is not worth it.

honestly yes because i have great bosses and i work with a bunch of metalheads which of course isn't for everyone but i like to rock it out ;)
and uh, it's the town i grew up in so i know where the hotels and some apartments are ect.

but

bad apple employees do come around, and it sucks trying to manage them

Why does your pizza suck shit?

right... my store needs managers right now though and they can usually get my 35-40hrs a week but it is very stressful... i love driving. less stressful like you said

i'd say mostly because it's so cheap, i personally love it

hey it'snow that you mention it my boss who used to deliver worked at a store in denver co in the late 90's early 2000's maybe and three of his driver coworkers got robbed at knifepoint...

Do your GMs suck at their jobs? Of the 3 stores 2 had useless GMs that I had to pick up the slack for.

luckily no, i just have one GM and he's cool. he is a hard worker and friendly

Sounds like my first GM. Everyone after that was pathetic. Have you fired anyone yet?

no but this one guy who is like 55 laughed in my face when i tried to hold him accountable. he never listens to me or does what i ask him to. and he's done this with two other managers but anytime we tried to hold him accountable he tells us we're "on a powertrip"

i want to hit him in the face with a baseball bat so fucking hard

>hold him accountable

backstory?

so fire him. plenty of other people could use that job.

Wait for him to pull a big fuckup. I've fired 2 people for screwing up or general incompetence at this point.

i don't have the authority to fire him and we desperately need insiders (cooks) but one of my owners did say we were going to take him off of the schedule...
we almost six months ago anyways.
constant food prep/ makeline mistakes, not listening to managers, swearing in front of customers, being rude to customers

*almost did
sorry guys it's late for me

I had an unusual amount of power for a manager. I heard some stores take managers logs very seriously. Ever record screwups in it?

no because our store is pretty laidback just because thats the way the owners like it but i wouldn't mind keeping up with those logs

It's kinda a waste of time. One night I filled a whole week of the log with swear words to see if anyone would pay attention and someone noticed like 2 months later.

ahahaha nice.. waste of time...

well i'm going to bed actually, thanks for posting Sup Forumsrother

like i said here
i'm going to bed Sup Forumsrothers. thanks for posting in the thread, if anybody wants to take it from here please do
g'night

I'm out. Got a shift tomorrow.

Can we have a /fast food general/? I work at a jersey mikes and pull all sorts of crazy stuff. My coworkers and I regularly smoke, drink, and take xanax on the job. Every shift we smoke in the cooler and close 45 minutes earlier than were supposed to. I was even able to fuck my girlfriend on the counter the other day as well.
Sometimes we even drop the meats and put it back in the cooler to serve to customers.
I have tons of stories and would like to hear more too.