I have borderline personality disorder, anxiety, depression and OCD Ask me anything

I have borderline personality disorder, anxiety, depression and OCD Ask me anything

How old are you
Where are you from
How long you been mentally ill n shit

Thats just an opinion

England
Since i was 14

isn't everything just an opinion?

Anxiety, depression and OCD here. Hang in there bud.

At least we're not alone, friend.

>hey, my dick is 5 inches long!
>mine too!
>AUTOMATICALLY WE ARE NOT ALONE!!
K
KKK
KKKKKK

Well, we're not.

Feeling depressed makes you feel completely alone, seeing someone else with the same problems really helps

I imagine that you are getting help. I see the NHS CMHT once a week, but also found group support from MIND is a godsend. Speaking to others about it has made all the difference.

Perhaps due to your diet, your daily routine, and your lack of exercise, you now feel depressed. Do what I did son, GO FUCKING LIVE LIFE.

I only recently expressed how I truly feel to my family, I have long term trust issues so I have trouble opening up about anything, also having BPD makes it more difficulty because it's hard to understand my own emotions. I'm seeing an NHS therapist soon though so I'm hoping that goes well.

Has your depression a precise cause? Did it start abruptly triggered by something?
Do you exercise?
Are you an alcoholic?

Yes that does make the difference, I have a terrible diet, have no routine and i don't exercise anymore. having mental health issues like this causes me to become basically a potato, all I do is play video games and eat pizza. I'm not fat though which I have going for me.

Nothing triggered it, more like a long line of events, my mother was raped and abused when she was young, then she started doing class A drugs, then had me. I was also physically abused by my step dad and my real dad owes us over £20k in unpaid child support. also a rough childhood (13-15) myself of drug and alcohol abuse and multiple suicide attempts.
I don't currently exercise but I bought myself a skipping rope and I have weights, I'm hoping to start exercising again soon because I've gained a little weight.
I never drink, I do smoke weed often though

Look up Mind in your area, give them a call and see what group stuff they do. My group has a 2 hour meeting, where there's a loose topic with chances to discuss every 5 mins or so. Break half way through with tea and biscuits too.

It's really normalised it for me. Like speaking to the NHS psychologist is really helpful, but talking to the group really makes you feel less isolated.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks a lot, I've looked into Mind but I have terrible anxiety, so doing something like that would be a HUGE step, I want to try and take treatment at a slow pace.

Lift that weights, that'll make you feel much better
Also the fact that youre not an alcoholic is great, people with depression tend to abuse it

I've never enjoyed alcohol, or the feel of being drunk, I do however smoke alot, which makes me pretty lazy and brainless, which is kind of what I want to feel if I'm honest. My thoughts are constantly going 100mph and smoking weed just slows me down and clears my head, I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing right now though, due to my circumstances

>never enjoyed alcohol
Wow you're lucky then
Just a month ago I stopped drinking so much evryday and started smoking cigarettes, that distracts me, and Im the kind of fag that has to be on something
Anyways, good luck

You too man, that's a good step forward, smoking is still bad but hey it's better than being an alcoholic.

Yep, alcohol makes you a piece of shit, emotionally, intelectually, physically. You start to treat bad the people you care about, you stop giving a fuck about your life, you fall into scepticism, refusing responsibility and 'living in the moment' so as to say... It really fucking destroys you, that poison
Cigarettes in comparison are Heaven
Since I changed one thing for the other I exercise, I read again...

tl;dr bump

Are you me? I guess i'll share my story too.
When i was little i had on hurricane of a life. I lived with my dads on the weekdays and went to a pretty nice school, but every other weekend I had to go to my moms who was an abusive cunt along with an abusive stepdad. By what i hear from my grandmother on her side she was on drugs heavily before she had my older brother and he wasn't actually my dads either but her adopted brother (what the fuck, right?) Well, fast forward to my teens and I've become a little traumatized, but mostly just depressed and anxious with some slight OCD. Shortly after i reach 13 years old my dad gets into a car crash and gets brain damage, therefore i had to go live with my grandmother who then dies a year later from emphysema. I dreaded this not only because my grandma was awesome and my best friend, i also had to go and live with my mother.

I feel very lucky that I'm not addicted to alcohol or drugs, it runs in my family. My dad is an alcoholic and my mum is an ex drug addict, I could easily go down that road but I'm hoping that I can stay away from it

to what extent can you moderate your impulses to act like a cunt?

I can't, I act like a cunt to my friends and they stop talking to me. I say stupid things impulsively which makes everyone think I'm a cunt when I only have good intentions

That really sucks. I've never lost any family (that I know of)

The only people I would consider true family to me is my mum and my sister, no dad, no grandparents, no aunts.

Ha, you remind me of myself years ago: I had two options, shut the fuck up completely and retract myself, or talk impulsively and fuck things up
Have you tried meditation? Maybe you shouldnt,

Why is my couch always wet?

I've looked into it while I was super high, it seems like it might be worth a try.

And yeah, that sounds basically what I'm like

Possible anal leakage. See a doctor.

When i got to my mothers house, well i shouldn't say house, it was a trailer. i met my new stepdad that she cheated with from my ex abusive stepdad. This guy was a bit childish and naive, but i could tell he had a heart of gold so i took a liking to him. My mother on the other had was the same old insufferable cunt whom I know and love unconditionally, but i hate her personality. Have to deal with 8 dogs who all smell like shit that she wanted so much that she ignored the needs of her child. My stepdad at the time was working construction while my mom stayed at home smoking pot, and yelling about nonsensical bullshit. Because of all of this I had no rest, smelled like shit and was too worried about whats going to happen next to focus on my school work. Grades were dropping from straight A's to F's, D's C's. The teachers asked me what was going on but i don't like telling my personal business to anyone unless they are a best friend, family, or therapist. Anyhow, while my grades were dropping and my needs being ignored my mom entered the last stage of insanity and was constantly physically and mentally attacking anyone around her who didn't give her all her drugs she wanted. Fast forward to 1 month ago and this guy named josh moves in with stepdads sister across the street in a small camper. My mom on a daily basis starts either dragging him over to our house giving him our food like its a charity or going to his little camper and doing whatever. Time goes on and me and my older brother along with my step-cousin see my mom fucking this josh guy behind a tree in the middle of the night. High on meth of course. Well one day my stepdad finds out and has mental breakdown and my mom runs off with this white trash she fucked to live with her mother who fully supports her decision because she convinced her my stepdad was beating her on a day to day basis. This was not true in the slightest but her mother was naive. Now im sitting here in the trailer. (cont)

Sounds like the main storyline of Eminem's 8-Mile.

Not sure if i mentioned that i had to drop out from school because of the fact that nobody was willing to take me to a school that was 10 miles away. (story cont)
stepdad is starting to get over her some, but next week were both going to sign up for a gym and try to get fit and healthy enough to find a good paying job. He is currently drawing unemployment and disability from injuring himself during a construction project. trying to climb out of depression, wish me luck guys.
never seen or read it if its a book or movie.

Best of luck user, hope all goes well.

OP here, calling it a night now, thanks everyone, and good luck to anyone fighting mental illness.

Bye user
Good luck

Would you consider yourself a creative person? Do you ever had a long lasting relationship?

Not OP but if anyone is willing to share their problems, i would be happy to listen and maybe give some advice.
BUMP