You have 10 seconds to name something dumber than traveling by aircraft

You have 10 seconds to name something dumber than traveling by aircraft.
>protip: you can't.

Op

just because you are too fucking pussy to get on a plane doesn't mean it sucks faggot

grow a pair

Travel by hovercraft, or being a gigantic faggot like you op

/thread

Just got home from a 16 hour flight, actually. Idk what you're talking about, op. It's the shit.

nice bait

>name something dumber
Here is your (you)
At least have a good argument when you make threads with unpopular opinions

rekt Op

Travelling by any other means.

Cramming book after book in my anus, hoping to learn in time for finals

religion, SJW's,

What a pussy.

lol i remember this thread being posted the day that german pilot crashed into a mountain on purpose

>t. guy who will be literally crying as his plane goes down

Going to have to back up the faggot here. I'm too tall, 6'4 to fit into economy, too poor to get a better seat, hate jet lag. And i have a big fear of flying. I flew alot as a kid and i was fine. Then one day i was just like nope.

Also there are major plusses to not flying. I live in Europe. Unless your flying across an ocean take a train or a bus. For amerifags, long distant trains and busses in Europe are actually great. I get to see part off the world, make stops in towns and cities along the way. And next time I go to the states I'm getting the cruise ship between UK and US. I'm going to read and work on it so no real time lost.

I know there aew ways to die by train, bus or ship bit I prefer those to the way you would diue in a plane.

traveling by car

Motorcycles 125 deaths per billion miles. Motorcycles account for 1% of road traffic but account for 20% of road-fatalities
Walking: 41 deaths per billion miles
Bicycles: 35 deaths per billion miles
Ferries: 20 deaths per billion miles
The Space Shuttle: 7 deaths per billion miles
Cars: 4 deaths per billion miles.
Airplanes: 0.5 deaths per billion miles. You have a 1-in-45 million chance of dying on an airplane.
Buses: 0.5 deaths per billion miles
Trains: 0.2 deaths per billion miles

>Conclusion: OP is a faggot.

Not travelling by aircraft

Traveling by car

No, conclusion if you're not taking trains you're putting yourself at unnecessary risk

the odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident aire 1 in 98, and the odds for dying in "air and space transport" are 1 in 7,178.
Source: National safety council odds of dying chart

I do agree with you but would like to point out your stats are misleading. When one travels on a trip in an airplane, he will generally travel significantly more miles than a trip on a motorcycle. Hence calculating fatalities per mile rather than per average trip; your chance of dying between embarking and disembarking the vehicle, is a slight mistake. Otherwise, carry on.

America

traveling by emu

>faggot

pretty sure alot more people drive cars than drive planes

I fly in either a hawker 800 or citation III for work.

Commercial flight sucks dick, even in 1st class. It's such a time waste to have to go to the airport and go through security and boarding.

Plus I can take whatever I want on the plane. My own food, drinks, power tools - there are no rules.

Why dont people jump out at the last minute before it hits? you could slow your descent enough to survive with a few broken bones

Complaining about something on Sup Forums

Laughed harder at that .gif than I should have.

These are good reasons not to fly, not reasons why flying is dumb.

I only fly if I have to, since I don't like being touched by people with only a G.E.D. education.

Traveling by sled pulled by 100,000 snails?

"I dont understand what per capita" means: the post.

>retards not realizing that trips don't lie

Unfortunately, most decent corporate jobs involve travel. Consultants fly all the time.

Fortunately in my field, private planes are built into the business model. I really feel bad for my friends who do the fly out monday, arrive back home thursday at midnight consultant routine with the airlines.

Retard not realising that gets are for retards

Browsing Sup Forums.

Btw as aviation mech planes are cool.

the USA

OK, how about deaths per million miles traveled?

According to the Research and Innovative Technology Administration with the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Americans in 2008 traveled 2,553,043,000,000 miles in cars, 583,506,000,000 miles via commercial aviation and 16,850,000,000 miles by rail. Doing the math, the number of deaths per 1 million miles traveled is:

TRAIN RELATED: 4.40
People being killed by a train in any fashion via FRAOSA

OTHER AUTO: 1.73
Motorcycles, pedestrians, auto related

AUTOS: 1.33
Only passenger vehicles

PASSENGER TRAIN: 0.13
People dying on the train via FRAOSA

COMMERCIAL AIRLINES: 0.0077
2009: 0.0077
2008: 0.0000
2007: 0.0000