Why do Swedish people and Nordic people sound like Americans and Canadians when they learn english and speak it?

Why do Swedish people and Nordic people sound like Americans and Canadians when they learn english and speak it?

They sound more american than British people do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0IZ_TEzg7M
youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis
vocaroo.com/i/s1ARViGDh0RT
returnofkings.com/780/14-things-every-guy-should-know-about-swedish-girls
vocaroo.com/i/s0cNRDVD4gUD
vocaroo.com/i/s053WvNaVxTs
vocaroo.com/i/s1cJuU8pfskO
vocaroo.com/i/s0BtACbHjRus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=r0IZ_TEzg7M

I don't think so
They pronounce z as s
And w sound as v
I can always tell that it's a a nord when they speak English

Also th as d

>They sound more american than British people do

What did he mean by this?

norwegians and swedes i meet online desperately try to sound like american niggers

scandi genocide when?

And you're desperately trying to hide the fact that you're getting fucked in the ass while trying to talk.

Soon

Atleast it's just in our minds.

>why do you attempt to speak an as plain version of the language as possible
gee I wonder
might it have something to do with maximizing understandability

Swede that immigrated to America here. I guess I just watched lots of TV, and I played video games at a young age.

The generic American accent is more recognised from media and it's an easier accent to learn than British ones.

When you come to allah

Are turboautist Islamists this, uhmm turboautist?

i wipe my ass with allah

Come home white man

because it's what they hear in vidya and TV shows, "muh understandibility" is a meme.

Because NYC/LA dominate English language content creation. LA is full of people from other countries who move here to act and they all sound like native Californians. Even Rednecks sound like like LA people.

Danish LA BBC lover

You need to get over your cuckolding fetish

Difficult when Sweden provides so much.

>might it have something to do with maximizing understandability
bullshit

most non-USA/Canadian people have a hard time pulling off our accent

For some strange reason you people are able to do it naturally.

Bullshit, see:

a college degree, 3 years of studying, English faculty, second year of the second degree and I still don't understand how the fuck did the brits develop this accent.
this shit is just beyond me.

Brits are legit retarded.

What a dumb accent that sounds nothing like how the words are spelled.

Probably because a lot of popular English media is American. Even brits watch some of our shows.

because english is an amalgam between the languages spoken by the angles, the saxons, the normans and the viking raiders. it has the basic sounds that scandinavian languages have more or less. and because the american R is the way english used to be spoken before british english adopted the british R. their accent is just natural and very close to english.

They probably consume a lot of American media. Africans always speak English with an American accent, too.

Cuckolding was created by USA. Why are you blaming others for what you have created yourself?

also the danish tend to speak in a more english accent and the norwegians and the swedes sound more "american".

>They sound more american than British people do.

wot

They do sound like yanks though, must be the accent.

Norwegians especially. Also Dutch do a bit too.

>Scandinavians speak better English than British people do

I don't get it either. British people need to practice a lot and start pronouncing more like the standard (American) way.

>Probably because a lot of popular English media is American. Even brits watch some of our shows.
lol are you retarded

all other immigrants have accents and also consume american media

why do swedes and nords DONT have accents?

I think it's because they're native languages are pretty much useless so it's critical for them to spend a lot of time speaking English. Also the shows and movies they watch aren't dubbed so they get a lot more exposure to English.

thats why

cool thanks

why can't more people post actual facts?

also when you say they sound american and not english, im guessing you mean the royally sounding english - the snobby one, which everyone in america thinks sounds "smart". like stephen fry talks more or less. im guessing you dont mean the regional accents - cuz the peasant english - i dont know where exactly its spoken, but its where the farmers are. when you hear it you can see how much closer it is to american and to nordic languages.

youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis
especially this one, since yorkshire is where the vikings settled for a long time.

and the sounds are preserved, because languages evolve in metropolitan areas. the industrialization began in england, so english english changed a lot more than american english. you can see the same thing now in the US - the parts that have changed they way they sound the most are LA and NY

NA english is the most plain sounding english. British and australian english accents are much harder.

I think most english learners will end up sounding american, it's pretty much impossible to develop a british accept without being a try hard, the american accent feels much more natural and easy on my voccal cords

It's the same for me. American english just sounds more clear and is easier. Also, most media is in american english.

what are you even talking about?
american/canadian accent is the easiest accent to develop for a non-english speaker

it used to be the same for me, but i tried really hard to try and sound english. now trying to sound american is very hard for me. the sounds just dont roll off the tongue easily. i think the english accent is easier on the mouth. i dont really sound english either, but american have told me i have "an english accent". i think its just a bit englishy bulgarian accent.

Glorious

>British English

>most non-USA/Canadian people have a hard time pulling off our accent
Dude, your accents are like legit so easy

>sounds nothing like how the words are spelled
Well no fucking shit, that inevitably happens when you standardise written language.

It's a combination of a few things:
>a lot of exposure to the North American accent in movies, music etc.
>strong chance of hearing a lot of regional Norwegian dialects on tv + Swedish and Danish from an early age (has a residual effect on language learning in general)
>a big communicational and financial inclination to learn English as a second language
>the phonetic properties of NA English: clear, sharp, easy to pronounce, only a few foreign sounds ("th", and the "r") which are easy to learn

Don't judge all languages by the vile abomination that is the Danish language. Plenty of languages have pronunciation very close to the spelling.

>only a few foreign sounds ("th

>mfw there are """vikings""" who don't pronounce þ/đ anymore
I bet they let niggers rape their women too lmao

Its not the plainest version at all though

it is possible to meet people from london/sydney who are very difficult to understand for the non-native speaker of english
you will never meet a californian who is unintelligible to foreign ears

pic: danish with mulatto rican cock

excellent post
london is mad nyc/la took over for them

>'murricucks

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE

Because the American accent came about because of Europeans trying to communicate with each other in the Americas.

Like an east swede but slightly more rural

I have a british accent when I speak English, but I try to avoid using it because it sounds really weird since I'm not a brit.

Think minnesota

You're supposed to sound like a native speaker of whatever dialect the person listening has.

you guys all speak the language known as scandinavian
there are nor/swede/dane accents but you speak the same tongue

I really think pewdiepie is losing his mind.

>I have X accent when speaking English

Protip: you don't, and any native speaker will be able to tell

>'murrican education

unless its a london accent. then anything counts as native

vocaroo.com/i/s1ARViGDh0RT
i guess thats my best try. not a native accent, but passable at least, wouldnt you say?

There is at least as much British content in tv as American, at least here.

I get what you mean, but learning British English and American English is different.

Most people in Israel learn American pronunciation at school, but I know one person who speaks with British pronunciation. She has an obvious Israeli accent, but it's clear she learned from a British speaker

Finnish accents are ayy lmao

Swedes do you agree with all these? I live in LA and all the Scandi girls that visit here in the summer want black cock and cocaine.

returnofkings.com/780/14-things-every-guy-should-know-about-swedish-girls

pic: Average Scandi male. These are Swedos - Swedish + Guido.

Nah mate sorry, it's pretty obvious you're not a native speaker.

Don't feel bad though, I don't think there are any non-native English speakers who can do a flawless or even passable English accent

Spot the Finn

Canadians and non-southern americans don't have an accent, we just speak normally
it sounds ignorant, but everyone else puts so much effort into their accents and we just talk super casually
it's the natural way that people are supposed to speak
it's the most effortless

fuck I remember PJ stilen. Good times

>imblying scandis aren't KHAN'D too

>It's not actually black
>It's just a plain rock with a black tarp over it

vocaroo.com/i/s0cNRDVD4gUD
it sounds alright to me. disregard the way the SH-S is a bit overpronounced - im a bit drink and i tend to do that even if ive had a single beer

sounds good to me

Do not fall for memes people. Only a small % of UKers speak BBC type English.

because we only get american shows on the tv

He's spot on.

Except Swedish women don't chew tobacco, some uses snus which is a different thing entirely, but it's not common at all.

It was better than the first but the only people you will fool are people like this and they're terrible judges

vocaroo.com/i/s053WvNaVxTs
post your accent

On the bottom right hand side?

Reminds me of a german accent there

Is that Finland or Pittsburgh~? It's uncanny

for some reason all i say sounds a bit dutch/scandy tonight. i usually sound more bulgarian. maybe its because of the alcohol and the slurring of words and the pronounced SH-S sound

the PJ style is long gone dead

This is me back when I was a PJ, really fun times
the funny thing is that that was the Chad style back then, and you got tons of pussy dressing up like that

>Sandnigger writes article about cucking swedes. LOL

I doubt this guy gets hot girls though
Girls don't actually like sandniggers

though my experience is that Scandinavian tourists are slutty and easy to cuck

good god you swedes are truly faggots

there's a lot of accents here

Which one are you on about?

tourists are always slutty. tourists are out of their social circle, so there are no social repercussions. thats why girls on vacation are often close to normal human beings, and girls at home are bitches.

vocaroo.com/i/s1cJuU8pfskO

I actually do sound like a brit, I've learned the pronounciation since I was 5, I've consumed a ridiculous amount of English (as in from England) entertainment, and I spent 2 years of my early teens basically only communicating with brits.
When I went to London a few months ago, literally everyone I spoke to seriously thought I was English.

>and Canadian
I wouldn't go that far.
American tutors and culture vacuum.
I have a few Swede friends who would put any Brit to shame how articulate their English is, just a little edge that you'd know they were Swedes at all. Respect where it's due.
Norwegians don't have the same eloquence but, that gruff hummpf thing is good too.

post a pic of urself pekka

show me those energy drink genes

vocaroo.com/i/s0BtACbHjRus