Is Marijuana harmful? If yes, what are some valid arguments...

Is Marijuana harmful? If yes, what are some valid arguments? My friend is so pro-week and I hate it because that's all he talks about, all day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OvP6afluYww
sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/twins-study-finds-no-evidence-marijuana-lowers-iq-teens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As far as the pros and cons go for weed, it's kind of in the eye of the beholder some will say it's the devils cabbage and never to touch it while others like my self say it isn't harmful at all. Moral of the story op needs to find the google.

bait/10

If you smoke anything you're still inhaling carcinogens. I'm too lazy to look up the negatives of edibles but I'm sure there are a few. Weed also lowers testosterone in men so there's that.

Still not as harmful as alcohol or Tylenol. Moderation is the key.

Everything is harmful if you overuse, smoking weed casually wont harm you in the long perspective. You can develop nasty psychological conflicts if you smoke too much. Weed can give you new perspectives on life, how you will handle or react to these perspectives is totally up to you.

It can turn you into a dirty drowsy hippy.

Also the counter argument that always freaks these people out is that the government secretly wants people to smoke a lot of weed because it makes you lazy and complacent and even though you may question the government amongst your dirty hippy friends, your too lazy to actually do anything about it, except smoke more weed

Accurate description, I hate those weed smoking hippies with their leftist ideals and thinking their 'open view on life' is making them a better individual

>new perspectives on life

>how you will handle or react to these perspectives is totally up to you.
Did you even bother to understand what I said ?

yeah it's totally better to stick your head in a box

420blazeitfaggot

weed has been known to lower IQ
>higher crime rates
>higher obesity
>increased work place deaths
yes, it is

I smoke weed everyday and have done so for about a year straight, only a week here or there when I couldn't afford that I didn't.

Pros:

>No hangover, not a poison (looking at you alcohol)
>Wont give you caner/kill you (tobacco)
>Being high feels good, to me and a lot of others, not everyone
>Really does help with creativity and focus in some aspects
>Good for meditation/critical thinking
>Great for exercise, the runners high you get from strenuous exercise is basically a lesser form of a marijuana high

Cons: (different for different people)

>possible paranoia/anxiety, possibly linked to schizophrenia and other personality disorders
>COPD possible in chronic users, rare
>addiction potential (anything can be addictive), mentally not physically
>only documented withdrawal symptoms are slight headache, loss of appetite and brief insomnia which gets worse with chronic use
>Makes me feel clumsy sometime even when not high, and although I dont really like people it has made speaking a bit more difficult

I love weed, it's not for everyone and may not even be for me. Who knows. Fuck your friend.

if it was legal and you didnt go to work high that would be two off the chart.
obesity is a problem tho so dont get fat

you need weed to have an open mind and get 'your head out of a box' ? That's rather depressing.

I smoked weed once, now I'm a giant faggot.

it is

Complete bullshit.
Link 1 valid study and I will literally execute myself on camera with a bolt action .338

Scource of lowering IQ ?
you're making false correlations, people with lower IQ's tend to smoke more weed. It does not lower your IQ at all (unless maybe your brain isn't fully developed yet). You can get unmotivated if you smoke too much but that's up to you..

are you artistic in any way? do you have a craft, or a hobby? do you do something in your spare time other than passively consume things that other people have made like television, films, books? do you create anything?

if not, you're likely not the type of person that enjoys weed. that's fine. not for you. i don't think it's as black and white as you make it out to be

No, but your friend sounds like a real drag. Maybe your friend is a real drag?

You don't need weed but it is definitely a catalyst for expanding one's consciousness or overall perspective of life.

I smoke weed aswell and I agree with you, but I have met so many conspiracy hippies who think they know it all because they had some strange introspectives on life while being high. Also, drugs in general can expand your view on life, but the question is, is it a better view ?

*it makes you feel good and you do it with friends when you're young dont be a fag

Kek, but yeah you're probably one of those fuckers I imagine assfucking on my way to work everyday. Please go and kys yourself

>its funny because jokes are funny
>its a joke

>please go and kys yourself
>kys yourself

fuck off and let him get money from the atm machine if he wants

It depends, would you rather be blinded by the truth or rused into happiness by the false reality built around you and forced down your throat? Either way is quite depressing. I was depressed and introspective before I started smoking or getting interested in psychedelics, but these substances really did help me see things for what they really are.

Bottom line is, life's fucked.

study shows a male and female participant taking iq test.
they are then given weed
they retake the test and score lower by a few points.

the point I was trying to make was
>weed = lower iqs
>lower iqs = higher crime rates
>higher crime rates = increased police activity
>increased police activity = stressed policemen
>stressed policemen = weed

You're a hypocrit and you are the only on to blame for this black and white perspective. I said I hate certain kind of stoners that doesn't mean all stoners are like that. And it amuses me that you even try to define me as a person that likes weed or not based on 1 sentence. And no, i'm not really artistic in the way you describe it, I do love listening to music while smoking weed.

>being this unable or unwilling to pick up on obvious sarcasm

The story goes that after Paul McCartney first tried weed he made someone follow him around just in case he said something deep and needed it written down.

Bullshit.
>citation needed.

www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2015/02/10/new-study-shows-smoking-pot-permanently-lowers-iq/#30f37b00185c

>permanently
lol methodology right here boys

You have a lower IQ while intoxicated, just like alcohol. It isn't permanent so your lower IQ = higher crime rates line doesn't work. Also, do you have a source? If you think it's permanent I sincerely doubt it.

I've always wanted to make a sick burn using meemee arrows xDD

It can be if it's used as a crutch. It'definitely less harmful than tobacco and cigarettes.
If you talk about weed constantly, you should get punched. I smoke a bowl or so every night and even I want to smack those hippie fuckers.

But if you can function in society and use it recreationally, it's not really any more harmful than anything else.

look, here is my solution to legalization of weed:
>you must be 20yo or above
>you must have certain qualification levels
>you must grow your own supply
>sale illegal
>receiving as gift illegal

if your smart enough and dedicated enough to grow cannabis then your responsible enough to smoke it.

I asked a scource, not you saying "it is known", "study shows". You're using yourself as an authority on the subject, yet you have nothing to back your claims. And I think IQ is bullshit aswell, your IQ doesn't define how succesful you will be in life and lower IQ's are not the sole reason for higher crime rates. Getting in to crime is based on a lot of environmental influences etc..

I've smoked several forests worth of marijuana.

It's not healthy.

It should be legal, because freedom. But it's not good for you.

No fucking shit you're gonna get a lower IQ score when you take the test while stoned.

savage

how is what i said hypocritical?

All i gotta say is, smoke weed and listen to this shit and you'll get hooked youtu.be/OvP6afluYww

>average weed smoker

didnt say they took it while stoned,it was a 30 year study

Shhh we don't want actual facts or evidence.

Yeah, can be very addictive contrary to what the weed worshipping fangirl faggots like your friend will want you to believe. Buddy of mine is trying to quit the shit after 5 or 6 years of smoking and it's fucking hell, no appetite, rage and depression issues etc. The guy was constantly broke because all his money went to weed. He estimates that he used to spend 5-10k a year on the shit. Definitely a harmless 'plant'

Ain't gonna lie, that made me chuckle.

I also smoked weed once and am now a giant faggot
Maybe we should meet up and "talk" about our faggotry

have you considered that your friend is not everyone? perhaps there are different levels of addiction? And that there are many different ways people choose to respond to addiction?

sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/twins-study-finds-no-evidence-marijuana-lowers-iq-teens
not saying this is a trustworthy source but you will find a lot of studies saying the contrary of your study. The question is, who finances these studies and with what goal? I smoked lots of weed while from 16 years old and i'm about to have my degree in laws. I know lots of people that failed their life because of it, and a lot of people who succeeded because of it (making good connections etc..). How you will react and develop your life with weed is up to the person you are, losing some IQ points is irrelative, IQ test are bullshit and don't say shit about what kind of person you are.

Well meme'd sire. Induced an audible and visible reaction of lively amusement. This comedy is the future.

This post made my day

>sciencemag
>science magazine
>forbes
>business magazine

Well, I know which one SOUNDS more credible.

>tfw you're getting a degree in laws

Nice thumbnail, prick.

This is a message to all newfags and cancer currently killing Sup Forums: What the fuck do you think this is, some place where you can just waltz in unannounced and be received with arms wide open? WELL FUCK THAT! This is motherfucking Sup Forums, bitch. WE call the shots. WE ALWAYS get shotgun. WE don't give a fuck who you are, because WE are infinitely more important than you. WE are always first in line. WE rob banks, charities, and ANYONE else who fucking pisses us off. This place is more than just a place, faggot, it is an IDEOLOGY. And this ideology says you need to GET THE FUCK OUT. No one here will ever like you. WE have already established cliques, slop-worthy-hoes, and prop-worthy-bros, GOT IT? WE are the ideology of elitism, exploitation, and lulz. This isn't a fucking game, kid, so don't try to tag along. You're talking to people who have been around the block AND THEN SOME. WE pioneered class. WE made 'cool' cool. And you? What have you done? Jerked off in the shower? WE INVENTED JERKING OFF IN THE SHOWER, you stupid bitch. There is a clear-cut, defined, infinitely thick WALL between you and us. WE built the wall that keeps you fags OUT. So don't try to act like you know what the fuck is going on, because you don't. You just do NOT. But you really think you can compete with Sup Forums? LOL WOW Don't make me start flaming you. Are you forgetting who we are? WE are the ones who film people like you getting fucking destroyed by us. WE will rip your ASSHOLE out of your fucking rectum, STITCH IT on top of your pitiful dick hole, and then fuck you in the VAGINA we just made for you. SO WE MAKE YOU INTO A BITCH. Do you get it now? This site isn't a game, it isn't a place to 'chill' with your fags, and it isn't some fucking haven where people like you can get acceptance from people like US. IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. JUST GTFO