youtube.com/watch?v=JbkzIPJFDE4
youtube.com/watch?v=g1awwAgU_t8
youtube.com/watch?v=G_DiAjxEZOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ya fackin bawbag

more like /shite/

>/scot/
alba la

Embarrassing. Everyone is going to make fun of this thread.

hopefully the lads on /brit/ dont notice it h-haha

GLASGOW
L
A
S
G
O
W

I have noticed that the Scots and Dutch share some simularities
"ken" in this sentence is used in exactly the same way as the Dutch word "ken" would be used.

are the dutch utter bellends too?

Yes

please don't make /scot/ a thing, the occasional threads are nice but generals are cancerous

r8 my whisky

Will we ever stop being cucks and choose independence?

>Islay

what are you implying?

Invited
>Campbells
Not Invited
>MacDonalds

That's a rectangle.

each slice is roughly square though

You're a fucking square you prick

wow rude

>Not Invited
>>Panama

This /scot/ meme thread has to end NOW. Go back to /brit/ lads

Pretty sure everyone already has lad.

What kinds of Scots are these?

>A Scot who voted against independence and voted against leaving the EU
>A Scot who voted for independence and voted against leaving the EU
>A Scot who voted against independence and voted to leave the EU
>A Scot who voted for independence and voted to leave the EU

hello

cuck
Commie
Passionate Highlander
Confused

Globalist jews
Commie cybernats
Empire builders
I am the only one in Scotland who did this apparently so me

>I am the only one in Scotland who did this apparently so me
My uncle did it, the tit that he is.

>My uncle did it, the tit that he is.
Did he say why? I wouldn't vote for independence anymore personally, so I suppose I'm not really in that group.

alri

please push scott-ish interests in your cunt tree for us

He thought voting for independence would get him out of the EU and then voted leave because he wanted to get out of the EU.

Middle Class
Celtic fan
Rangers fan
Jacobite

My name is Scott Chong, a Canadian, but with no Scottish blood. Am I welcome ITT?

Yes, /scot/ is for Scots regardless of the number of T's

>tfw jacobite

>tfw not a jacobite

Two can play at that game

youtube.com/watch?v=lFHamWWrzzk

HOWEVER

youtube.com/watch?v=JbkzIPJFDE4

>dindu campbells only capable of genocide and imperialism

ah yes

>genocide and imperialism
Feels good.

do they teach any literature in the scots language in scotland?

Worst thread ever

they teach neither the scots language nor literature separately, let alone together

disgraceful honestly
i suppose they only teach english and north brit literature?

they attempt to teach english but most scots find speaking proper english really hard so you don't need an english qualification to finish school in scotland

the only literature they teach in scotland is anything and everything that robbie burns wrote down - you can do a degree on him there

>most scots find speaking proper english really hard
surprising actually. english language proficiency has never been a problem with any of the countries ive been to
so colloquial scots is still extremely prevalent today?

yeah the scots have started typing like they talk as if scots is a proper language now

well it is

it has zero recognition anywhere outside of some small areas of scotland, no agreed spelling/grammatical rules at all, almost complete mutual intelligibility to english and there's no push for it to be classed as a real language in any way

so no, scots isn't a language, it's the result of neds speaking english so incorrectly they wish it to be a language so that they can put bilingual on their CV

>orange rodent
Sectarian much

>scots isn't a language
It is though.

It's an english dialect, isn't a language

up de rangers aye
a language doesnt need recognition
a language doesnt need to be standardised
proper scots doesnt have mutual intelligibility. you can learn to understand it easily but its the same with russian ans ukrainian.

As a Scot I can say it does have mutual intelligibility... non Scots just need to try a bit harder.

>Classified as a "regional or minority language" under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, ratified by the United Kingdom in 2001.
>Classified as a "traditional language" by The North/South Language Body.
>Recognised minority language in United Kingdom (Scotland and Northern Ireland)
>Classified as a "traditional language" by the Scottish Government.

scots was considered a seperate sister language language up until the (((union of the crowns)))
really makes you think
traditional scots is pretty hard to understand (not anglicised scots or scottish english though)

>a language doesnt need recognition
>a language doesnt need to be standardised
what's the fucking point in having a language if it's completely unstandardised? that'd mean that two people from villages across the country wouldn't be able to understand each others writing, rendering the language totally useless.

the """""""scottish language""""""" definitely has mutual intelligibility to english because it's a dialect of english

>Classified as a "regional or minority language" under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, ratified by the United Kingdom in 2001.
We'll be leaving the EU and can do away with this rubbish soon enough
>Classified as a "traditional language" by The North/South Language Body.
they mean a "traditional dialect"
>Recognised minority language in United Kingdom (Scotland and Northern Ireland)
If the silly dervishes in Paisley wish to call themselves minorities like the subhumans they are then so be it
>Classified as a "traditional language" by the Scottish Government.
the scottish government calls themselves "the powerhouse of europe" so i wouldn't believe anything they say

try again sweetie x

>be Scots-Canadian
>Europeans tell me I'm not Scots-Canadian, just Canadian
>explain to them that "Canadian" is a nationality, not an ethnicity, and that various distinct Canadian ethnicities are even granted some degree of governmental sovereignty, such as French Canadians with Quebec, the Inuit with Nunavut, and various First Nations peoples with reservations
>they tell me I'm not Scots-Canadian, just Canadian

Why are Europeans incapable of understanding how nationality and ethnicity work in the New World?

Why do they insist on projecting their concept of a nation-state on countries they don't understand?

There is no unified Canadian culture. They don't even speak English in Quebec.

I have a Scottish name, a clan tartan, I own a kilt, I was born in a place first explored and settled by people directly from Scotland, I went to the College of New Caledonia, I served in one of the Scottish-Canadian regiments, and I live under common law inherited from Scottish common law, and a parliamentary system inherited from the Scottish parliament.

This country was mainly built by three ethnic groups: the Scottish, the English, and the French, in that order, and we're all our own thing, just like the First Nations, French Canadians, and Inuit are.

Try telling a native that they're not an Indian, but just Canadian, and see how quickly you get stabbed.

>what's the fucking point in having a language if it's completely unstandardised? that'd mean that two people from villages across the country wouldn't be able to understand each others writing, rendering the language totally useless.
literally exactly what german was for most of its history
>what's the point of having a language
eternal anglophone outs himself again
>no one recognises it
>but they do
>heh they dont matter

>We'll be leaving the EU and can do away with this rubbish soon enough
Not an argument.
>they mean a "traditional dialect"
Not an argument.
>If the silly dervishes in Paisley wish to call themselves minorities like the subhumans they are then so be it
Not an argument.
>the scottish government calls themselves "the powerhouse of europe" so i wouldn't believe anything they say
Not an argument.

>literally exactly what german was for most of its history
this was a big problem, it doesn't make it okay to call a toothless alcoholics mumblings a different language

>Not an argument
Not an argument

Yeah, if we're talking about traditional Scots, sure. But what Scots is today is Scottish-English mixed in with old "traditional" Scots words.

youtube.com/watch?v=g1awwAgU_t8
Canada's alri

"scots" as a language is completely dead, was never standardized and barely has any literature so a revival is totally impossible

scotland got anglo'd so hard they lost their culture almost completely

>eternal anglophone
Scots is an anglo language you numpty.

germans cant understand swiss german speakers without subtitles. i doubt you could understand an aberdeenshire peasent either.
true scots should be brought back
what most scots speak today (i imagine, im surr you know better) is somewhere between true scots and scottish english. kind of similar to surzhyk

>scotland got anglo'd
See

>Scots is an anglo language you numpty.
but it is a language
>completely dead, was never standardized and barely has any literature
none od these are true

If you aren't from Nova Scotia get out.

>germans cant understand swiss german speakers without subtitles
that's because the difference between standard german and swiss german is greater than the difference between Italian and Spanish ,you dumb yank

the aberdeen accent probably only has about a 1% difference from the british accent when it comes to vocabulary, just because you're butthurt that you can't understand muh ancestors doesn't mean that us in england can't. scottish, even thick glasgow accents are very understandable after only a few encounters

Thursonese is a real language.

if it weren't true then people would be treating scots like gaelic (an actual language)

>Thurso
Boak

Wick detected

>Irish getting arse ravaged about us in one thread
>English getting bum flustered about us in another

Wew I guess this is why /scot/ isn't a thing

>implying I'm a teuchter

why is panama not invited

/scot/ isn't a thing because scotland is nothing more than a failed english colony, so impoverished and repressed that even when given the chance to govern themselves recognized their own inferior intelligence and need to be ruled by other civilized human beings

>Failed colony
>Richer than most of England
Woo lad. Never before have I seen a county with 1/10 the population of another cause so much butthurt.

good luck on your second referendum... oh wait, whoops! ;-)

Can't tell whether you're a Tim or English.

Can't bait me with such stupid shit, Bilal

We don't talk about it

>gets arrested for flying his country's flag

Ah yes the proud nation of England

Thats because that 1/10 are especially loud, annoying and whingey cunts. Never before has the world seen "people" like them.

>New Brunswick
29% Scottish origins

>Prince Edward Island
55% Scottish origins

>Nova Scotia
(Not identified in provincial demographics but 32+%)

All of the Maritimes are Scot af tbqh

Is the one with our Royal Standard Nova Scotia? The other two can either get rid of their English lions or gtfo.

WHY IS PANAMA NOT INVITED

FUCKING TELL ME

>all this scottish butthurt
absolutely childs play getting the tundra monkeys to start whooping and hollering, always way more entertaining than annoying the irish because the scottish actually believe that they're something more than england's workhouse!

havn't laughed like this in a long time, screeching with delight

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT IT

All I see is the usual English butthurt with the same tired memes
>haha jock cunts haha
Funny stuff.

wtf i love the snp now?!

why not

Is this you?

youtube.com/watch?v=G_DiAjxEZOk

don't vote for the SNP, scottish nationalism was invented by the english, so that scotland leaves the union, fails miserably and then comes crawling back to england even more hopeless than they were before

Nova Scotia has a very aesthetic flag

They seem like nice lads.

Especially the bit in the middle.