Name a better fictional leader than Captain Jean Luc Picard. Protip, you cannot, and only faggots think they can

Name a better fictional leader than Captain Jean Luc Picard. Protip, you cannot, and only faggots think they can.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lPkoqH2iQIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAH ACKBAR!

Zits from battletoads

I win faggot

Janeway was much better of a leader

He said fictional

pic related

You done goofed

/thread

I'll take it from here, Picard.

jesus was a real guy

Sisko was way more of a badass.

good ol J.S. united a galaxy, started a new age. even pulled the jesus trick.

I mean, even amongst fictional space captains it's hard to beat Horatio Nelson In Space

You are my niggas.

All the believing and faith in the world won't make mythologic beings real faggot.

/thread

you forget made it with a hot alien babe.

Cotton Hill

who even cares about star trek anymore?
the effects are terrible and it's just outdated as hell

its just got summer in here.

>who even cares about star trek anymore?

Hello newfriend

a true leader

Captain's log:

This man, right here.
>Oh shit an enemy
>Transforms the SPF-1
>Whew, only 58,232 people were sucked out of space this time

it's just a terrible show, i look at star trek people like bronys or the doctor who people
we have good technology to create good shows with good CGI, why not do that instead?

There where people who lived the same time as Jesus who wrote about him like the historian Josephus.

No, it's not. Thomas Theisman.

Nigger faggot. Possibly Amos Parnell. That nigger was on fire.

>exposed as a child
>better become a troll to cover up

i wish i was 11 again.

Because effects are what makes for a good show.
I bet you think the transformers franchise is top tier entertainment.
I could give 2 Shits about special effects. Quality character development and a thought provoking story trump effects any day you plebian waste of space.

>There where people who lived the same time as Jesus who wrote about him like the historian Josephus

If you keep repeating a lie, maybe dumb fucks like you will believe it. By one scholars count, 47 Christian apologists had access to Josephus's works before Eusibius magically discovered the passages that he happened to interpolate into the text.

aw you can't come up with a counter argument?

>to be fair i didn't watch the whole series, but i liked the red captain when he was in lord of the rings

effects doesn't aoutomaticly make a good show, no, but star trek is so old now i feel it's more tolerated than liked

Whilst Picard was fucking about on the Enterprise, Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker was holding the Galactic Empire together and became one of/if not the best Jedi-killer of all time.

Bull shit. There isn't a single account of Jesus from the Roman empire which actually kept good records. All accounts of Jesus were written centuries after the oral myths, ask accounts are contradictory, no accounts contain independently verifiable evidence. And no independent evidence has surfaced to confirm that Jesus was even a single man who existed let alone a god.

You're being lied too by people who want the power of the pulpit and wealth of the tithe you fool.

Bruh the show was low-budget even in its time.
People don't watch it for the CGI. People watch it for the Shakespearian actors thinking and arguing through high-concept problems of politics and morality in space.

You'll appreciate that when your balls drop and you get tired of watching yet another CG gasoline fire pretending to be an explosion.

do you hear yourself?
politics in space?
just show me some fucking space battles and lasers, that is what should be shown on a space show

>may 16

hate to break it to you but schools are already getting out for the summer.

And i'm not a summerfag, i've been here since spring break

Battles of any sort are trite and boring if there's no stakes behind them, no reason to care about what is being exploded and why.
Without the politics and associated drama you might as well just be watching an animated .gif on an infinite loop, because nothing's fucking happening.

It's a classic.
I bet you also think Shakespeare and Homer and the Iliad ate old and tolerated too.
You're lack of sophistication is showing. Just so embarrassing yourself and do the world a favor and an hero.

any battle is basicly good vs. evil, we don't need a fucking 26 episode build up

Janeway was a authoritarian, didnt't listen much to her crew cause she was too much of a Mary Sue.
Janeway is the worst Sta Trek captain with Jonathan fucking Archer.

your prose is of an interesting and insightful nature

Paul Muad'Dib, he ain't got time for this cute shit

Engage

Dichotomies are bull shit illusions. Real drama is filed with moral dilemma and a blurring of the lines between good and evil.
You don't like star trek because you're to simple minded to understand it.
It's ok. That's what the reboot movies are for. Hollywood caters to your simple, low brow, bull shit. Why even bother with coming up with new franchises at this point, lets just reboot everything with less depth and more pew pew.

Aside from being outright wrong, that's also reductionist in the extreme and therefore meaningless.

youtu.be/lPkoqH2iQIQ
This sums up science fiction.

Sacré Jean Luc
the only Frenchman who speaks like an English tourist
the episode when he comes back to see his brother is fucking hilarious
In the 24th century people in rural France won't speak English

didn't watch the new movies

i'm not gonna watch that bruh

Jesus was real, most likely a cult leader, who existed in a time when that shit could spread. Stop being do fucking edgy, you wonder why people hate athiests

well they won't speak french either cause it will be a dead language by then.

I've never understood why atheist neckbeards get butthurt about Jesus being an historical figure like any other.
When ever historians bring him up they always point out they are talking about the historical Jesus and not the biblical Jesus.

Here. I'll just fix your opinion for you.

>dont believe in jesus
>must be atheist

You want to win a war? You get Kirk.
You want to negotiate peace? You get Picard.
You want to police a demilitarized zone? You get Sisko.
You want a coffee, no cream, two sugars? You get Janeway.

People 500 years ago didn't speak French or English either, not as we know them.

Faggot

Mua-Dib

It's literally a 24 sec clip where the dialog in question only last 20 sec and you are too lazy to watch it?

Says a lot about you, jabroni.

i love bab5 but i would still have 2 pick picard, john would be a close second

I have a master's degree in religious studies. Jesus, as described in the bible, wasn't real. Our best understanding is there may or may not have been a man named Jesus, but the Christian account of Jesus is a collection of embellished stories about at least 5 different men who took part of a rebellion against the Jewish establishment corrupted by roam combined into one and then mixed with other local urban legends and folk tails, then rewritten to serve different purposes for different populations in different books. Then collected, edited, and merged with roman mythology.
You sir, are an idiot apologist

I never got the appeal of this show. I tried as I loved Buffy but damn, it was blah.

A mightier captain never there has been,.

Good news everyone

To be fair, not too many people can compete with a Supreme Being.

Also, you should have said Gureny Hallack, for the lulz.

Because he isn't a historical figure. He's just not. There are no historical accounts of him. All accounts are biblical. I'm not an atheist, but I earn my living as a religious scholar.

Start with season 3

You're telling me star trek is about grey morality?

I feel sorry for you. Go and do yourself some good watching Battlestar.

"if our ancestors would have known one day bureaucrats would be running things they woulda stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea." - J.S.

>most likely a cult leader, who existed in a time when that shit could spread

you are thinking of muhammad

also thisThere is no historical evidence that jesus ever existed.

Nah, with Sisko, you get two quantum torpedoes laced with trilithium resin. Shoved straight up your ass.

It only lasted a season?

>I have a master's degree in religious studies.
Same lying fag.
Wiki
"Most contemporary scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed, and mostbiblical scholarsandclassical historianssee the theories of his nonexistence as effectively refuted."

fuck that show. literally a "who's fucking who this week" soap opera and just like shit tier anime all the important stuff in a episode happens right at the end to they can leave a cliff hanger so you'll tune in next week for the resolution, 35 minutes of bullshit and then ten minutes of the next crisis so you they can give you another cliff hanger.

OP never said anything about "grey morality." But BSG is legit.

Ron Moore knows how to write cliffhangers for season finales. That's for damn sure.

then there would be no space travel

Then don't watch it. No one is forcing you to. It's too bad though, it's one of the better shows to have existed on tv.

>Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker was holding the Galactic Empire together
Nope that was Palpatine

HOWLING MAD MURPHY

This is another show I just couldn't get into. And I love sci-fi. I guess because I started watching DS9 first this just seemed a ripoff.

Not trying to rustle jimmies here. I'm sure there are some of you who are the exact opposite and see DS9 as the ripoff.

I started coming here in April because I heard about summerfags and I didn't want to be one.

Professor Charles Francis Xavier

this. fucking this.

I'm sad now.

this guy took the bait

No superhero/villain is a good leader. They use their powers so retardedly it's just not funny

Yeah, because they are all faggots

The next generation doesn't really pick up until the 3rd season. There are 9 in total of that series. 7ds9, 7voy, and 3tos

>dropped this
You sound mad.

Ibram Gaunt/ Sharpe, Optimus Prime (cartoon version),Tywin Lannister

biggest reason i really like b5 was it was a whole piece not an episodic like most tv shows. strazynski wrote all five year at the same time and it really shows. watch th whole thing and pretty much everything brought up is relevant and all loose ends are wrapped up. true the first season is rough (dude playing Sinclair couldn't act his fucking way out of a paper bag) but if you really do what the whole thing start to finish its a pretty incredible work.

for the company

DS9 was the ripoff. The network that made ds9 and the one that made bab5 were going to start a joint channel. and the script of bab5 was going to be the flagship program and it was going to be a star trek spinoff. at the last moment the network that made ds9 started their own channel and ds9 was their flagship show, ds9 writers said it was the network execs who suggested a space station star trek.

then leave.

ALL OF THIS. The only reason he got the job was because he was good friends with strazynski. The reason why he left sucks, but it was the best thing for the show.

uh no nigger. DS9 was syndicated from the start.

Voyager was the flagshit for the new network Cant believe you fell for that bullshit

I work in a field where 90% of my colleagues are too scared of the Christian right to day the truth. Most of us get public funding and the good dammed pc police and religious fundamentalists keep many people I work with from coming to the obvious understanding that he's a myth. He's the combination of many people within a movement created centuries later so people could use the popularity of the anti Jewish establishment movement among the jews and usurp power from the temple. It ultimately backfired when roam decided that the religion of the poor and slave's is now the state religion.

based on your spelling I 100% believe you work in a field