/lang/ Language Learning

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

Daily Japanese Thread Chinese Thread Last Thread

one good thread on Sup Forums
no reply

anyway i'm learning russian, still at the beginning, i can read very slowly and know few phrases. It's harder than i thought but i enjoy it desu

Ich lerne Deutsch noch. Ich hasse Deutsche noch. So ist das Leben.

Halts Maul lol

swedish to be honest

>tfw learning Aspieranto
I started it so might as well complete it тbh

Learning dutch. Lovely language, amazing people.

Good thread OP!

Ik ben nederlands aan het leren. Het is een mooi taal en nederlanders zijn geweldig.

For everyone there:
Does duolingo helps? I'm learning french, but will have a 3 month vacation and I don't want to forget too much, will duloingo help or should I stick to regular language practice?

Which romance language should I learn?
I want to learn the one with the best mutual intelligibility.

>amazing people
Lmao

Eu aprendo portugues pero diversao

Don't rely exclusively on Duolingo, it's useful as a reminder and for learning basics but if you want to expand it's not enough

Kind of. Duolingo helps with learning a lot of words but if you want stuff like conjigations buy a book like the for dummies serird

*para

Fantastic collection of useful books you've got there, friend

Have a bump for your thread m8

Thanks, will use it along the book I bought for the next semester in advance!

Does anyone have experience with FSI courses? How effective are they?

They are great, but if you are a beginner start with something else(pimsleur+duolingo for example) then advance to fsi courses.

Learning French. Still a beginner but good enough to carry a fairly rudimentary conversation as well as write and read (not too advanced though).

Learning so I can take part of French culture, which is the best in the world and because I love the language.

French has tons of words which are almost the same or similar in english. When I learn french I always think in english for better understanding.

learning an asian language without immersion is not worth it and too hard TB.H

Fetti, was geht?

>Learning French
>Practicing my German
>Enriching my English vocabulary

this ... also, if you know some basics of Spanish grammar then consider it done

Kiel vi lernas ĝin?

I'm thinking about doing a study abroad to learn Russian in St Petersburg. What should I look out for if I choose to do it?

Learn spanish and you'll make italian and portuguese your bitches

Mi lernas gxin pre Duolingo, sed mi antaux volas paroli al homoj

Ankaux*
Fug

Last bump before heading to bed

Went to the library today to rent some Russian books. Just very simple children's books so I can have a break from DuoLingo and learn to use the dictionary I bought earlier.

The woman in the register looked at me and asked
>you know these are, like, polish books right?
so I answered
>no, they're russian

So Duolingo teaches American English and Brazilian Portuguese.
Does it teach American Spanish or European Spanish??

bone, bone. Nu, estas ĝenerale 3-4 da ni ĉi tie en Sup Forums kiuj parolas ĝin. Mi kaj la alia usonano estas ĉi tie ofte, ankaŭ estas iuj el aliaj landoj sed mi kaj li estas la plej oftaj.

bonan lernadon

more like neutral Spanish, which is more closer to Mexican, not the meme mexican (speedy gonzales, cholos, etc.) but "formal" mexican (news, commercials, politicians)

.......what happened then?

Has anyone here used Glossika Italian or Glossika in general?

We had sex while the other women there watched. And then she looked away and scanned the books and put them in a bag for me.

I have Glossika Mandarin and Wenzhounese, haven't really used them extensively but they seem pretty good.

everyone clapped

What is /lang/'s opinion on Assimil?

I'm learning Chinese, I can read most HSK1 characters and speak a little but writing, holy shit.

I also need to manage my time better.

You still have to learn them though, because there are many words that look exactly like English words but have different usages, and if you used them the way they're used in English it will sound weird, and some but far fewer that have different meanings entirely but are spelled exactly like English words.