Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong...

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Math has conclusively proven that God exists, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/27954-microbes-mariana-trench.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's my favorite thread!

>Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that it is pasta because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no pasta.
>Math has conclusively proven that pasta exist, so why do you foolishly choose to disbelieve?

Some people have their own thoughts and beliefs that they don't bind to what may or may not exist.
>it's smarter to bet that your meal has been poisoned
>not eating the meal has better consequences
So if poison exists, why are you still eating OP?

My favourite thread, about some sky fairy mental patient misunderstanding math because his brain is too small to comprehend even basic logic.

Sage, all fields

sen pic of pencil in pooper

So why does God allow the multiverse to exist? Wouldn't that be too much work to watch over infinite possibilities? Seems like a lot of work for one deity to do...

Pascal's Wager only works if there is one single God. Yet there are many. So, which one?

Background checks are required to purchase a gun, but any deranged mental patient can purchase a computer, acquire an ISP, access Sup Forums.org, and post crap. OP is, as they say, Exhibit A ...

>Math has conclusively proven
Prove it

Pascal Wager is only an argument for believing in God, not an argument (to hell with proof) in the existence of God.

Sick burn, that

I believe in God.
I believe God is an irredeemable Cunt.
I believe this God requires Worship to survive, as it feeds on it.
I believe if you starve this God of its worship, it can and will die.

Mission accepted.

But wouldn't making your decision based off this logic completely deny faith?

>what is a false equivalency for $500 Alex

what is life is shit and it doesnt matter fagget

Life is very great for me and I find a lot of meaning in it.

What has caused you to feel this way?

Pascal was French, your argument is invalid. Try again later, bater.

That's a big, illogical step to make there, friend.
Regardless, you're a weak man if you can't stand by your convictions and falter to Pascal's Wager.

>better do X because not doing X could be bad
I don't care how the example holds up, it's a shit twist of logic in the first place.

life is shit we are the most fragil creaturs on the earth and we destroy everything we come in contact with

Shut up you heretic scum. You are merely a pretender.

Have you repented today?

>we destroy everything we come in contact with
this is truth, you should look at your mum's pussy after i came into contact with it ;^y

Pascal's wager isn't math. Math has proofs.

But continue deluding yourself, your ignorance is amusing.

KEEP CALM OP

AND

HAVE SOME TITS

yeah, after you destroyed her pussy the groundskeeper had to put her back in the ground

It makes you wonder how such fragile creatures ever made it in such a harsh environment. It's quite peculiar isn't it?

It is sad, don't you think? It seems since the dawn of man, we have set out to destroy that which is not ours. Why is it so? It does not have to be this way, don't you agree?

Christianity believes that god created the earth 6000 years ago.

It believes that it took go seven days to make the planet and he placed two people on it to start humanity.

Math and any science can easily prove both of these things wrong.

Pascal Wager seems like an over publicized moron too.

He seems to believe in god out of fear and, as you know if your Christian god was existing and all powerful he would not use fear in order for having followers. He would use reason and proof.

yes we should all die

Math has proven that not one of every species on the planet fit on noah's ark. In fact right about the time noah's ark would have been traveling the entire flooded planet.

Wait nevermind there was no flood.

And what if God ignores the people whom only believe in Him for selfish reasons?
Is that called Pascal's miscalculation?

topkek

That's because Noah took babies and eggs.

We are not fragile. We do not destroy everything we touch. It is not sad you are just weak. We do not set out to destroy everything that isn't ours you people are just hipies that seem to be out of touch with reality.

Ha ha ha. I laugh at your ignorance. There most certainly was a great deluge, perhaps many global flood events, because there is a flood story recorded in just about every origin myth in every part of the world.

Show me the verse that says that

really we have no gils we are running out of fresh water we have destroyed are ozone layer and created bombs that destroy life cant be fixed by anything other than time we are a descreas to life and should be slaghterd by ayylmaos

Noah couldn't have kept all of the eggs healthy. Being in one climate would destroy the ones required for the other climates.
Noah also couldn't provide for extremophiles. Noah also couldn't provide for things like bacteria to survive (those are living creatures sometimes) without having had hosts for them to kill. Perserving these things would involve destroying them.

Yes well those things just happen in nature. Plus by no means is that everything. The ozone layer can destroy itself just fine. People will fix it. I am not saying we didn't have an impact on it. I am just saying that you are wrong on the grounds that you used the word destroy and everything in your statement.

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that OP is a faggot because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that OP is not faggot.

Math has conclusively proven that OP is faggot, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

If you weren't aware all animals kill each other.

first of all, it is not enough to believe in god to go to heaven, you have to pray and pay alms etc. which is a lot of work.
Since there is a very very small probability that god or any deity in fact exists, the cost is far greater than the expected pay-off.
So fuck Pascal, and even if God exists, he knows you are a utilizing little schemer that tries to beat the odds and cheat, so he will fry your ass in hell just for the hell of it!

Why do people need gills?

Suppose there is a god who is watching us and choosing which souls of the deceased to bring to heaven, and this god really does want only the morally good to populate heaven. He will probably select from only those who made a significant and responsible effort to discover the truth. . .Therefore, only such people can be sufficiently moral and trustworthy to deserve a place in heaven — unless God wishes to fill heaven with the morally lazy, irresponsible, or untrustworthy.

OP the entire set of theories revolving around any religion are clearly fiction.

Do you see fucking angels flying around

Do you people falling out of fucking heaven.

What the fuck did you watch star wars one day and assume that it was a true story just happening in another galaxy because nobody could prove it wrong.

Believing in any god is no different than believing in scientology.

Believing in god is like saying 2+2=46,85464646. You can say that all you want at the end of the day you are just wrong.

You are very fragile. If I dropped you off somewhere in the world with no tools to accompany you, you would die.

Bacteria aren't animals. Extremophiles are tiny organisms. Also, they survive in pretty much any environment.

Obviously it doesn't say that in those words, but it would be silly to not think so. If you had to do the same, logically you would only take babies and eggs, to conserve as much space as possible.

If anyone alive was faced with such a task, unless they were extremely stupid, this is what they would do.

What is God?

unfortunately they dont survive in any environment, they only thrive in extreme ones (a bacteria that lives in phs

livescience.com/27954-microbes-mariana-trench.html

>Another team of scientists recently discovered communities of microbes thriving in the oceanic crust. That research looked at rocks up to about 1,150 to 1,900 feet (350 to 580 m) below the seafloor under about 8,500 feet (2,600 m) of water off the coast of the northwestern United States. These microbes apparently live off energy from chemical reactions between water and rock instead of nutrients snowing from above.

"You can find microbes everywhere — they're extremely adaptable to conditions, and survive wherever they are," Glud said.

REKT

with an all forgiving god, doesn't matter what i believe

How do you know multiverse exists? Scientists can't think of an experiment to prove it. So we can't say it exists.

OH SHIT ITS THIS FUCKING THREAD AGAIN TIME TO GO APESHIT AND ARGUE ON WHOS OPINION ON WHETHER GOD IS REAL OR NOT IS BETTER! OH SHIT I BET ATHIESTS ARE GOING SAY IT DOESN'T AND THEIST ARE GOING TO SAY IT DOES OH FUCK HERE WE GO AGAIN MOTHERFUCKERS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Baby don't hurt me

No, that's love.