Hey Sup Forums i'm a complete newfag to PC gaming, and i'm putting together my first rig...

Hey Sup Forums i'm a complete newfag to PC gaming, and i'm putting together my first rig, this is what i've come up with:
Lights & Illumination: 12" COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT (RED Colour)
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum Airflow with Case Cooling Fans for your selected case, and match the colour of the fans already in the case
Cyberpower Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: INTEL® Core™ i7-6700 Quad Core 3.40 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics
Overclock Monitoring and Media Server Station or Overclocking Media Server Station: NONE
Cooling Fan: Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 CPU Fan with 6 x Direct Contact heat-pipes *** Extreme OC ***
Coolant for Cyberpower Advance WaterCooling Kits: NONE
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD INTEL H110 Chipset, micro-ATX Mainboard w/ 2 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 3.1, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x 1
Freebies: None
Internal USB/SATA Expansion Module: NONE
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2133mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston Value)
Video Card: MSI GeForce® GTX 970 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Single Card)
Free Game Coupons: None
Dongles: NONE
Video Capture Card: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts Power Supplies (Cooler Master 600 Watts B600 B2 Gaming Power Supply, 80+)
Hard Drive: 2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200rpm Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
Secondary Hard Drive: NONE

Will this be able to run triple A games such as Witcher 3, Battlefield 4 and Skyrim with mods at high-ultra at 60fps? And does anyone have any experience with Cyberpower finance? Cheers fags

no one gives a shit about your fan choices. Can you pare it down to pertinent info only please?

Wait till June ten, gta 1000 series is coming mount. They will be better than 980 ti and same price as 970

>Video Card: MSI GeForce® GTX 970 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Single Card)
wait two weeks and buy the GTX 1070 or 1080

the rest sounds alright, but ffs wait two weeks and buy the superior 1070 or 1080.

yeah okay sorry about that, just copied it all over, here we go:
CPU: INTEL® Core™ i7-6700 Quad Core 3.40 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2133mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston Value)
Video Card: MSI GeForce® GTX 970 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Single Card)
Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts Power Supplies (Cooler Master 600 Watts B600 B2 Gaming Power Supply, 80+)
Hard Drive: 2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200rpm Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD INTEL H110 Chipset, micro-ATX Mainboard w/ 2 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 3.1, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x 1
I also chucked a network card in there bc i dont want to use ethernet

how much are they gonna be?

Probably. With some minor tweaks.

Don't get anything on finance unless income from the purchase is guaranteed.

3things that stand out to me:
shit tier power supply( go evga, corsair, antec)

computer will be slow as shit running an OS and games on a spinning drive, go with an ssd

I usually dont go with budget ram and look for lower CAS latency values.

jesus christ...save yourself some money and fk your case fans. 8gig ram is more than enough. you dont even need an i7 unless youre multitasking with video editing and shit. stick with i5 for gaming. and you dont even need cooling fans since youre not even running a K series processor. also. 1 tb hdd is enough and i highly suggest you get yourself an ssd... starting windows off an ssd is the fastest shit on the planet. dont waste so much on cooling.. your stock fans can hang if your dont overclock.

I've got a stable job and can afford to pay the finance off over time just can't afford to buy it straight out

Nvidia says that the GTX 1080 is faster than the Titan X, three times as power efficient and twice as effective at rendering virtual reality content. Nvidia’s Titan X currently retails for $1,000. The GTX 1080 will cost $599 at launch.
Near the end of the presentation, Nvidia unveiled the GTX 1070 as well, which is also faster than the Titan X, but will cost significantly less than the GTX 1080.

The GTX 1080 drops on May 27th with the GTX 1070 to follow on June 10th. The 1080 is priced at $599 while the 1070 will cost $379.

Yeah definitely wait for the 1070 or 1080. I bought the 980ti a couple months ago because I couldn't wait and now I'm going to have to sell it and take a couple hundred dollar hit to upgrade again. The gfx card is the single most important piece of the puzzle

>here I'll post a less offensive version of superfluous information.

thanks, I guess.

970 isn't going to cut it for anything new on ultra high at 60fps

You might want to bump up the PSU wattage a little. If you overcompensate with wattage it will last you way longer with not that big a price difference.

Get a bigger and better power supply, and ditch the micro atx and go with a standard atx, small SSD for your OS and wait for the 1070

OK so i changed it to an i5 6500 and a 1TB seagate SSD, and will geta 1070 when it drops, is that better?

oh yeah and got a 750 watt psu

get a mac.

matching sevens related

doom at 90fps ultra settings
fuk u mean

ok guys, so to summaries:
CPU: INTEL® Core™ i5-6500 Quad Core 3.20 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics [+108]
HDD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Gen3 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 5400RPM SSHD [+21] (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2133mhz Dual Channel Memory [+19] (Kingston Value)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI H110M PRO-VD INTEL H110 Chipset, micro-ATX Mainboard w/ 2 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 3.1, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x 1
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 PCI-Express Sound Card [+28]
VIDEO: GTX 1070
PSU: Seagate 750 watt

how that sound?

lol milk that bethesda prostate.

yes do this if you want to pay double for your hardware that has an OS that isn't supported by a fair number of games and apps. Mac is not a gaming comp.

sounds good, go for it

it was already stated get standard atx size motherboard and case for better airflow. I don't know why you listed a 1TB SSD that has an rpm speed as SSDs don't have rpms. Get a small SSD like 120gb for your OS and get a large HDD for data storage

awesome, thanks man :)

what sort of frames do you think this'll get on say Witcher 3 on high to ultra? 40? or modded skyrim?

ohhh i wondered why SSDs were so expensive, like I say, this is new to me

it will get all of the frames

It's a hybrid drive.

What about a mini-itx build?:

Case: Corsair Graphite 380T = 229

Motherboard: Asus B150I = 269

CPU: Intel Skylake Core i5 6500 3.2Ghz = 332

GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury 4G = $803.85

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB = 69

PSU: Silverstone Strider 600W = 189

Have my old 120GB SSD and 500MB HDD + 1TB ext

In NZ, so who knows when the new Nvidea's will be released here.

the configurator im on doesn't have any standard size motherboards only micro atx ones, is there really a big difference?

like a cyborg?

I would drop the PSU for something around 500 - 600 watts, (you don't need anymore unless you want to SLI)

Also, get yourself normal HDD and a 256 gb SSD. It makes a BIG difference on OS startup and loading as general.

4got photo

Let me tell you something son. I have GTX 770 and I get 45 - 50 FPS on ultra witcher 3. The 1070 should blast off.

I'm not even sure a 1070 would fit in a mATX case...you would want to get the measurements for the case and the card when it's releases and compare. I have an ATX and my 980tI barely fits.

sounds good :) ok this is gonna sound really noobish, but if I ordered the rest of the system without the gpu now then bought the 1070 once it drops, how would i go about installing it?

overdoing the watts will make it last longer. I bought a 1000w psu in 2007 for a single card setup and it's still chugging strong.

SSD boot drive is missing. Not necessary , but you will regret not having it

OK so from reading this i've got so far:
CPU: INTEL® Core™ i5-6500 Quad Core 3.20 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics [+108]
HDD: 256 GB SanDisk X400 Series SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+22] (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2133mhz Dual Channel Memory [+19] (Kingston Value)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI H110M PRO-VD INTEL H110 Chipset, micro-ATX Mainboard w/ 2 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 3.1, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x 1
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 PCI-Express Sound Card [+28]
VIDEO: MSI GeForce® GTX 970 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+188] (Single Card)
PSU: 650 watt thingy
128GB SSD and 1TB HDD

I recommend you to put together the whole PC by yourself. Its not hard and everything comes with manual and you have the internet. Bassicaly you just have to insert stuff in the right place.

As for the GPU you have to crammed in your top PCI slot (the longest slots on the motherboard) and connect the PSU cable to it. Easy stuff.

good lord this could go so wrong. It's not hard it just depends on how competent you will be. YouTube some gfx card installations. It's literally just taking off one side of your case (usually with thumb screws), taking off two plates in the back where the pci express slot is, popping the card in, and putting in two screws to secure it to the chassis. Biggest thing when working with PC hardware is static electricity. Ground yourself by touching the metal case before doing anything. They sell anti static wrist straps for 5 dollars to make it more idiot proof. Make sure the units off and is unplugged.

Check to make sure your motherboard doesn't have on board sound yout shouldn't need a sound card.

Make sure that psu is labeled as at least 80 plus gold... or it may be a hunk of shit.

you know i'd probably just take it to a shop tbh i have absoloutley no idea what that means this is completely new lol, i'll probably stick with the 970 for now anyway and get the 1080 once I can afford it later down the line

yes it is 80+

I lookedu p videos if the i5 6500 and gtx 970, and saw that it can hit 100fps on GTA 5 on ultra? surely that can't be right?

If you plan on upgrading.. go with a more powerful psu. 850 would be good

but thats the thing. you could probably afford it and it's only 2 weeks away and it will more than likely blow that card away and last you much longer.

It "can" and will, but will not be steady at that rate.

ah fair i'l go with an 850 for now then, and fair enough, i'll have to think about it, I'll most likely be playing mostly skyrim and verdun and such for now, nothing too graphically intnese as my friends all play on xbox

If you take it to a shop they'll charge you like 200 plus dollars to install all this shit for you. You really should learn how to work on your own rig. Everything in a PC these days is plug n play.

Op, if you want a pc it's best to just learn how to build one and ask what is best for the money. I know I know, you just want to be a gaymer and game but still. At least learn a bit instead of just buying some pre-built for more money.

If you're not going to do that, than at least don't get the 970. You'd be an idiot to do that. Why spend so much on a 2 year old card, a last gen card? The new ones are literally releasing within the next month and offer huge performance increases FOR around the same price.

Honestly, either way you know pretty much nothing about pcs so you'd probably be happy with anything you get.

installing a graphic card is easy as fuck, you turn your pc off and make sure it's unplugged, then you simply plug it into the big slot at your motherboard and plug in the cable from the power supply unit. restart the system, install drivers, done.

just to be sure, look up a tutorial video on youtube, but you'd have to be a complete idiot if you fail at installing a graphics card.

also just wait three weeks for the gtx 1070. buying a gtx 970 now for the same price is simply retarded.

like, incredibly retarded. just wait.

ok then, i'll go with the i5 6500 and the 1070 when it drops, do you think cyberpower will stock the 1070 or will i have to buy it independantly?

Listen to this

You are looking into a gaming pc at a strange time that only happens every couple of years. I promise you that you will regret not waiting and buying a decent prebuilt with a 1070. Just wait a couple of months

True it is easy as fuck. If I could walk a girl through doing it over the phone then even op could do it. She finally joined the master race, it makes me happy hearing about people who complete their first build. I especially love hearing them splurge over how good a game looks now but more importantly I love hearing the countless thank yous I get.

Even if they don't have it, you can also pruchase from Newegg or from any local PC shop.

What sort of things are important when looking for a monitor to be used for high graphics gaming?

High resolution, high contrast, fast refresh rate (smaller number = faster)

No, I think a month is really all he needs tops. Get a 1070 and a i5 6600k.... Be happy. This is the 2012 equivalent of pc hardware. The golden time to build a pc. Plus I'm sure he won't be regretful seeing as he just wants to game. He won't know that he could've gotten like 2x the performance had he waited or saved a couple hundreds of dollars/gotten better parts for the money.
The only way he knows is what he's reading from us.

It will run games at max settings no mods at 1080p with gimmicks like hairworks turned off. Anyhigher than that and you would need a better gpu

OK guys, don't murder me here, I went back onto a different config on cyberpower and changed to this:
CPU: INTEL® Core™ i5-6600K Quad Core 3.50 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics *** Extreme OC ***
HDD: 120 GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+18] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2400mhz Dual Channel Memory [+23] (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/ Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z170A PC MATE INTEL Z170 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 [-4]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO

how does this sound instead?
VIDEO: MSI GeForce® GTX 970 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+144] (Single Card)

>prebuilt

jesus christ

>financing a prebuilt

jesus christ

is this bait

oh and the the 1070 instad sorry

Depends. If you can game at over 60fps, get a monitor with a higher refresh rate. If you can game at higher resolutions like 2560x 1440 or 4k then get a monitor like that. The only other thing would be contrast ratio and the panel type. If you're looking for high refresh rate monitors, they will all be TN panel. Meaning when you look at an angle, the colors will be washed out or inverted. IPS panels and even PLS are what you look for of you want good picture quality as the colors and blacks look so much better. Also don't have to worry about sitting in front of the monitor as the colors and picture will look the same at any angle.
My suggestion, get a monitor that your gpu can handle and don't be fooled by contrast ratios that say 1000000000:1, it's literally going to be the same as a monitor that advertises 1000:1

you didn't post the PSU but everything else looks good

oh sorry! PSU is at 700 but can change for reccomendations :)

This is true, as ssd is faster, becoming easier to produce with larger storag capacities, and is becoming cheaper

750w gold psu would be preferable. Maybe that's just me though. That looks more enticing than the op build. I don't see a hard drive in that build though and I hope you mean 1070 instead of 970.

CPU: INTEL® Core™ i5-6600K Quad Core 3.50 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics *** Extreme OC ***
HDD: 120 GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+18] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2400mhz Dual Channel Memory [+23] (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/ Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z170A PC MATE INTEL Z170 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 [-4]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO

checks out so far. you forgot a normal harddrive for data storage, 2-3 TB should do, and of course get a gtx 1070 on july 10th (protip: try preordering they will run out soon, rumor wise they have to few for all the demand so better be quick about it, or wait a few months.)

VIDEO: MSI GeForce® GTX 1070
HDD: 2-3 TB for data storing
-700w is plenty

so, yeah, add this to your list and your golden. welcome to the masterrace!

that will do the job. Go for 850 if you want breathing room and future expandability. However this looks good. Now give me your credit card and we will get it ordered

thanks mate, i'll use that :)

>CPU
retard tier, the i7 flagship has been the same fucking chip as the i5 flagship but with a slight clock bump and hyperthreading enabled for years now.

if you want real CPU grunt, get yourself an x79 board, either an e5-2670 or an e5-1650, depending on whether or not you want maximum cores or a 6 core overclockable monster of a chip, and whatever dirt cheap ECC micron branded RAM from china you feel like splashing out on (chances are you can get 64 GB of it operating in quad channel for the same price as your 16GB of DDR4).

>graphics
wait til the next gen of cards, or sell your old card immediately after next gen comes out and you secure a decent card.

get a proper fucking motherboard with more than 2 RAM slots
get an SSD

pic related, its my bitch