What does Sup Forums do for a living? general work/work stories thread

what does Sup Forums do for a living? general work/work stories thread

>25
>3rd gen tobacconist at family shop

Man i wish my family had something like a family shop, i mean, you have a sure thing, don't have to go to college, and don't have to work hard and take shit. And it's even a tobacco shop.

the life man.. I really dont mind working.. just cant get past a year and a half of study to get a decent job

I went to college actually. Im not sure if I want this career. Im the oldest sibling in my family, so its going to be "mine" when my father passes, but idk.

Cool, I have a question for you. I just bought my first pipe at a renaissance festival. It's a briar pipe with a church warden stem.
I was hoping to find a sweet tasting tobacco from a high quality manufacturer. Any suggestions?

Sweet op. You more of a Virginia blend or a English?

Go to a local shop and try a few out. "sweet" tastes arent my forte, because Im an english blend guy, almost exclusively. If youre looking for a sweet blend, are you ok with flavors, or just a sweet tasting tobacco?

english, usually heavy latakia blends

Not sure. Flavored doesn't sound bad but I'm just getting into this.
What's considered the top three manufacturers in regards to quality and the like? The "premium" tobacco of you will.

>19 yrs old
>making weeb shit shirt designs to online stores

If I can make a beginner suggestion, I would say go with dunhill. Classic, affordable, and consistent blends. "Early morning pipe" is a good starter, light, slightly sweet, mild spice. Another called "my mix 965" is another slightly bolder medium blend I recommend for starters. Also, any mild virginia would be nice.

If youre trying to get into the hobby, pick up a few corncobs, to try different blend styles. You dont want to leave a mild ghost flavor on a pipe you dont like. Have one for english, one for virgina, and at least one for flavored tobaccos until you fond what you prefer.

Nice. I live in Virginia near a place called John B. Haves. And that is where most of my blends come from. Other then that usually get tins from websites, most recent being some Hearth & Home Magnum Opus blend.

Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly look at the dunhill brand. As far as the pipe is concerned, I'm sticking to strictly sweet tobaccos so I figure it can't really hurt the flavor.

ill have to stop by there next time I pass through. Im a kentucky boy myself. I got some perique at a viewing/tasting on a farm in lousiana. Been trying to work it into some personal blends

No problem. I hope you enjoy the hobby

>23
>Animator

anything of interest youve worked on? or is anything available online?

Yes, my work is available online, but I wouldn't want to post it here for security reasons. hehe

I usually make corporate explainer videos but I the most interesting video I helped create is an animated jingle for a major sports team.

thats awesome dude. you enjoy it? Is it satisfying?

Hell yes. I love my job. I live in the third world country but I get paid dollars and you gotta love the exchange rate. The American dude i work with pays me well, God bless him. But to him I'm cheap labor. And I see nothing wrong with that.

Also, I don't know why people see americans as assholes. The guy I work with is actually a nice guy.

Let me help you out there m8. Its near a place called Old Town walking mall. 50 East Piccadilly Street, Winchester VA 22601

much appreciated