What are your views on Nihiilism, Sup Forums?

What are your views on Nihiilism, Sup Forums?

Too many to put down here
Too few and shallow to interest anyone that has read Nietzche

>misspelled nihilism

Well, I guess that if we're going that way, by the definition of the word, saying what you think or not doesn't even matter, why would you do such a thing. But still going by the nihiilist logic, say anyway, it doesn't make a difference.

OP here, sorry for that, we use 2 "i" in my country

that's not nihilist logic.

I might be a retarded pleb misunderstanding nihilism, but I see it as something everyone should keep in mind from time to time.

Once you prescribe the notion that what one thinks and believes doesn't matter, you can distance yourself from being close minded, and can consider opposing views that are based on completely subjective things.

That's how I like to think about Nihilism.

This user gets it.

Most of all, I see it as inevitable once you reach a certain level of understanding about the world in general. I simply can't understand how some smarter people are NOT nihilists.

But in a day to day basis, I guess it's a useful tool, mostly in a emotional way. Remembering that nothing really matter can really help you put up with some shit like people and life in general.

apologizing on Sup Forums - never thought I'd see the day. Fine I'll play along:
>be 26
>working on masters in Philosophy
>disappointed with the way of the world
>witnessing a new Alexandria
>we are destined to repudiate
>nihilism has kept me from going crazy
>antidepressant has kept me from slipping further into nihilism

You're right, an esoteric personal catharsis of objective rationale can come from a view that existing is in effect absurd.

Enjoy your career at Subway bro.

Do it faggot. Go all the way down the nothingness well. You know that it is the only way to perceive things.

Trotz

Thanks bro's

Nihilism is impossible.
For nothing to matter there had to have been some logical stepping stones to arrive at the conclusion that nothing matters.
Stepping stones like introspection and relative meaning are predicated upon the existence of things like language. True nihilists don't exist because our physical reality moves forward in time, moves forward with entropic decay. In order to describe some nihilistic object, there must be an object to begin with. Objects must be within space, must have context, and must have 'matters' with which to grapple. Therefore true nihilism is impossible because life itself is matter.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the drugs kicked in halfway through

Idiots who seek a sense of purpose within this world but are too "smart" for religion.

The works of neitzche are misinterpreted by the growing fan base to suit their own personal agendas, whether it be companionship or a sense of order (yeah I know, but I think life without meaning has a meaning in itself).

True nihilism means accepting this chaos and marking order of it. So true nihilists would not identify as a nihilist, instead continue on with their lives as if the experience hasn't changed them.

By nihilism logic you can't even call yourself a nihilist, I think it's just edgy bullcrap angsty emo teens use to get attention

I can't find fault in its logic, but I personally adhere to existentialism.

Yes. The paradoxes make it clear that nihilism is a waste of fucking time.

I think everyone needs to pass trough a nihilistic stage.
You are born with so many assumptions about the world, like you need to study to get a good job and get money, or maybe you are obsessed with getting a girlfriend to suck your cock because you are too worried of getting pass 18 being a virgen.
Then you find out about nihilism and start thinking that maybe nothing is as important as you thought so you can start acting more freely and start doing the things you actually like. Then you find something that motivates you and live your life pursuing something you made up but that you actually believe in. That's just my opinion tho.

OP here, guess I might aswell share my 2 cents on this.

I'm still researching, but I feel like I take this way of perceiving things to the heart. Like someone else said, once you understand how society, biology chemistry and everything else works, there's no more "magic" in it. There's no meaning, it's just how thing are. We are the only one's responsible for adding meaning into everything, from the micro to the macro scales.
In some aspects, I believe Nietzsche had it right, it's inevitable and the only way to go, but once he starts talking about being compeled to destroy, he kinda of looses his way. In my point of view, in the true Nihilist way of perceiving things, there's no desire to destroy stuff, as "annihilate," meaning to bring to nothing, to destroy completely. It's not even a matter of "it will eventually do it to itself anyway". It just doesn't matter if it does or does not.
People assume it's a pessimist and even kinda of suicidal way of life, but really, it couldn't change less of a thing if it goes any way around.

On the personal side of my life, it's a double sided knife. Nothing really affects me, people dieing, losing stuff, failing or whatever, but also, nothing really affects me, love, friends or whatever the shit it is that makes people happy. I kinda of just choose when to feel an emotion, or at least act in the way the situation asks for, for the sake of social norms. I know this sounds really cringe worthy, but I don't do it in an edgy, emo way, really. I just came to realize that sometimes you have to act happy or sad around people, it kinda of just makes things go smoother. It doesn't really change anything for me, but I guess that's just how stuff work.

Too whiny, and too self-indulgent. We get it, life's meaningless, but you don't need to dwell on it.

It may be cringey, but thats the way I've been living for the last 2 years. But there are things that makes me happy. Moonman makes me happy bc of how silly everything involving it is. My grandmother stories make me happy. Little personal stuff I guess.

Lel, except that nihilism has no predicates. Just because you start with core beliefs imposed by society to begin with doesn't mean you can't grasp true nothingness. There is no law of conservation here, nihilism is the end of all philisophical beliefs.

I see it the same way. You can discuss about nihilism sure, but saying that you are a nihilist like you would call yourself a jew is just plain stupid. What you believe or not is irrelevant, it's just how shit is.

It used to be called a coming of age, when you realised life was so much more than food, water and sex.

That being said, true nihilism is impossible. The closest you could get are some Buddhist monks out east.

Man, not cringey at all, if it doesn't matter (and nothing really does, we're dying space monkeys hurtling around the sun on a big fuckin rock) then let the shit that makes you happy make you happy. Let the shit that should upset you slide, it doesn't matter.

If nothing matters, then the only things that have value are the things that you value. It's all your choice.

Man they're crazy though. I heard one of em even raised his body temperature at will! At will! Imagine if one day a human could ascend to the thrones of nihilism. He'd rule the fucking world!

Probably. I found out classic knowledge and ways of seeing live were so right about everything and lately we forgot about most of them in the name of progress. In my country we don't study philosophy until last year before university. A fucking shame.

You thinking with the wrong definition of the word.It's matter in the sense o meaning, not the physical sense.

Yeah, but living like this kinda of made me realise some stuff. First of all, being happy isn't the absolute meaning of life, it's just the brain's reward system. For the longest time I tried to pursue happiness, and I just kinda of fell into depression for not being able to achieve what I thought was happiness. After quite sometime of living and almot dieing like this, I just kinda of got tired of it and saw that getting sad was more of my thing. I kinda of get sad for fun, (This sounds incredibly stupid outloud)
Second, since life has no meaning, you can pretty much insert meaning in whatever you want. Choose to make basket the most important thing in the world right now and ball is life.

Sauce on this

Who , doesnt natter anyway

That's nothing to do with philosophy, though, just a "simple" body technique.
Wim Hof does and teaches the same, without the mysticism.

Man I get what you mean by being sad makes you happy. It's just another state of being, no different from getting pissed out drunk or getting fired for being pissed out drunk during work hours.

Right now my goal in life is to die in a way that'll have me remembered. Not out of depression or anything of the sort, just because I can and I will goddamit!

Im gonna make my son burry me under a pomegrane tree in the backyard. It's gonna be huge

Well it demonstrates that understanding "the true nature" of life can have tangible effects on this world. Kind of broadens the horizon when we're dealing with 7 billion + and interesting to think about, at least for me.

Google monk body temperature, sorry I'm on my iPad and it's a pain copy pasting

7+ billions...
Everytime I have time to think I always end up thinking about that.
7+ billions human beans. So much potential. We should be exploring the galaxy by now.

>Well it demonstrates that understanding "the true nature" of life can have tangible effects on this world
It doesn't.
There's nothing philosophical, spiritual, or mystical about what they do.

You massive fuckfaces. German here. Nietzsche fought nihilism. He tried to think of a way out of it. You fuckers can not even comprehend him because you are stupid beyond any doubt.

It's cool, trendy, and edgy.

meh, I don't care

I know, hence the "quotation" marks. Pretty cool to think of 7 billion humans doing shit like controlling their body temperature. Imagine it, feeling cold? Don't spend $20 for a jumper, just think!

Yeah, he fought his own creation because he knew it was fucking retarded. Like how Catholics fought Protestants for fucking up their religion. Misinterpretation always muddles beliefs, which is why nihilism can suck my dick.

Nihilism is a philosophy of the socially inept. When one is either too popular for interpersonal relationships to mean anything, or not popular enough to ever form meaningful relationships, the notion that life is without purpose or meaning makes sense. Otherwise the suicide rate would quadruple overnight. People who don't "fit in" often resign themselves to nihilistic ideologies because they're jealous of what people who do are able to accomplish in life. It's an excuse to be lazy and have no ambition. No wonder it's so popular among Sup Forumstards.

Would you care when a nihilist extremist barges through the front door and decapitates your wife right in front of your eyes?

First of all, no one's just going to barge through my front door. Second, I keep a loaded glock 20 next to my easy chair. If such a nihilist isn't smart enough to know not to bring a knife to a gunfight, he deserves his fate.

I understand nihilism as people are victims of their environment. You can fight the change, but the void is waiting for you to surrender to the chaotic nature.

Why a car that can go 300 km/h cannot fly if a plane going the same speed can? Being smart (velocity) is a very relative term and while you can be or learn to be really great in some areas, you can still fall to the typical sentimental traps.

That's the dream. God damn I'm getting excited thinking about it.