This Yuro is crap. Crap!

This Yuro is crap. Crap!

24 teams don't make it more exciting, it makes it obnoxious to see so much defending teams, since first 3 are going further and 3 draws could be enough to go on.

There were only 2 (!) game with 3 goals, and most of the games ended as 1-0, where one teams was pressing and other teams defended all the time, making it one-sided game. And boring.

So basically, first round is full of boring matches and we'll have to wait for 2nd round and even there will be shitty matches with shitty teams defending and hoping for penalty kicks.
Not until 1/4 we can expect real matches like Germany-Italy.

Fuck this, Euro should be back to 8 teams like it used to be.

> 8 teams

U-21 is with 8 teams

See World Cup 1994 and the few before that. Same exact 24-team format.

1st round can't end soon enough 2bh. Absolute snooze fest so far

>waaaah D:

Even big teams used to play like this. Spain/France/Italy were boring as fuck the last couple Euros.

Isn't WC 1994 known for being the most boring of all World Cups ever held?

You wouldn't ever qualify again without the other Yugos if we were back to 8 teams and this realization annoys you, doesn't it?

awful post lad, apply yourself

>the most boring of all World Cups ever held?
That label falls on 1990

We're def in top 8 euro teams, most of the time.

Remember Spain won every game 1-0 to win the world Cup and ruined soccer forever

Yeah and thats one of the reasons its totally "meh" to win it

8 teams in a tournament? Seriously? Theres no glory in winning because there are so few opposing teams.

Instead of a one month long football orgy we would see a handful of matches with the same teams qualifying every year (Germany, England, France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Portugal and one random team)

We would never Qualify and even if we did winning it would be Pointless since its a tiny shit tournament

1990 was glorious!
However, it was played in the same way with 24 teams, so that still counts.
So now you have the two most boring World Cups being one of just three played this way. And '86 must have been a >muh Maradona cringefest anyways

it wouldn't be like NBA, maybe only Germany, Italy, France and Spain would qualify all the time
other 4 teams would be more random
>Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, Russia, Wales etc.

Usually one of those 4 wins it, Greece won it in 2004, and Denmark in 1992, but there isn't much of that

prematch: godly
riot threads : full of kek
actual games : shit, better off watching copa america

>glorious

You only say that because W.Germany won. If I remember correctly, that cup has the lowest number of goals scored.

yeah, that was the day I came to loathe tiki-taka.
I was always fan of RM, but tiki-taka is the cancer of football and made me hate Barcelona to the fullest.
Even Italian catenaccio is more interesting than tiki-taka

Every single game has been competitive.

Go watch basketball instead if you don't like it.

This desu gets it

It's only the first round of the group stage bro's

just be patient, the memes will come

It gives a window for obscure teams like Iceland to squeeze in among the usual suspects and make appearance on continental stage. Quite successfully may I add.

Reducing it to 8 format would be the as tedious as watching that horrible 2008 final between Spain and Germany, two football giants so wary of each other they both just sit in the defensive and grassdive for 90 minutes

>more goals means that the game is better
go watch apehoop or handegg, slavnigger

Iceland would have qualified anyway.

Go take your ADD medicine. We already had a huge upset yesterday with Iceland-Portugal. Italy-Belgium was also good and anyone who doesn't enjoy seeing England choke is not a football fan.

Iceland finished ahead of Turkey and Netherlands.

this, it literally just started, yuros behaving like muricans now, smdh

hello when is our invite thanks

you are single handedly shitting up the board, good job

This, I'm fairly impressed there haven't been any full on blowouts yet. All the teams put in the effort and it's nice to see supposedly lesser teams like Romania, Hungary or Iceland show their heart in the game.

???

ayer will be thinken about this all the time now

can you do one with USA fucking far from everyone else now for this salty americano?

i didn't make it its the first image result for 'australia eurovision'

Our catenaccio is interesting only because you know there's always gonna be a team attacking. Tiki taka is basically a circlejerk.

Most teams nowadays stack up the midfield and leave 1 real forward. This tends to create situations that favor the inferior team grouping for defense in two close lines a bit above their own area, and the superior, midfield-dominating team, trying to progress through those defense lines with little space and no runs from the forwards behind the defense lines. Pace tends to be slow but even if it wasn't, the lack of playing deep possibilities, except for the usual fast transitions, make scoring a difficult task.

Modern football removing the 442 variations with 2 standard forwards for a 433/4231 variation with 1/none real forwards was a mistake.

It's all your fault

But we can observe a return to the old fashioned 4-4-2 with the Atlético or Leicester

More like Cruyff and Pep fault, but this kind of football can be very interesting to watch, I preferred Spain 2010 than France 98 or Greece 2004.

Well we originally played a deeper style with 2 real forwards up there with Torres and Villa and a sort of 4 line midfield with offensive full backs.

Then Del Bosque into manager and went full stack up the midfield for glorious tiki-taka. The world was cucked to hell in the following years and everybody now lies in despair either assuming le happy counter/muh set pieces if you are the one cucked in the midfield, or went 'we can into stack up the midfield too'.

Someone will figure out a solution one day.

People like OP only want goals, like a girl who only watches football during the world cup.
People who like competitve football, often between teams of vastly different skills, styles & experience will be more likely to enjoy this Euros.
Thats not to say every game has been amazing, but everyone thought the wheat would be separating them far from the chaff already but its not the case

1990 was so bad they changed the rules of football to make it better

Russian team was the worst in terms of quality of play. Literally wormfag tier.

2010 was the worst. Not a single memorable match, almost every star player flopped and Spain just one-niled their way to victory with their boring as shit tiki taka. And to top it all off you had to endure those fucking vuvuzelas every match.

At least 2010 gave us Uruguay Ghana

France 98 being shit to watch is a dumb meme.

Reminder that Italy is the most exciting team to watch in this Euro

lmao lmao lmao lmao lm aoma oam lal ooaolaa o amlmol

this. such an ass of a world cup.
>fucking vuvuzelas
>niggers everywhere
>shit tier match ball
>shit final
>only interesting team was uruguay
>boring winner
>hosts exiting in groups
>garbage opening ceremony
>lowest goal average since expansion to 32 teams

been watching since 06. Its going to take ALOT to top world cup 14. I thought it was perfect in every way.
They should go back to 16 teams though, its gotta be 16 or 32. 24 just doesnt work, you cant have 3d place finishers in the group advance.

WC2006>WC1998>WC2002>WC2014>WC2010

Reminder that the UEFA is in full blown censorship mode which is the reason why we dont see an QTs and people beating each other.
It's so bad that german tv stations are setting up their own cameras in the germany vs poland match.

Wc2002 was the Refballed as fucked

games have been really good and tight

most of the time there aren't very many goals in round one as nobody wants to be chasing immediately after a loss

nope, we were worse tbqh

there's absolutely nothing good about 2002

it should be 16 or 32 teams but not 24, that's awkward. only 8 teams will be eliminated after the group stages, it's barely worth it to watch the competition before the round of 16

They were not shit to watch, just less brillant than other teams this year.

oi dont be stealing our rain you cunts

Swap 2014 and 2002 around

1. 1998
2. 2006
3. 2014

POWER GAP

4. 2002
5. 2010

2010 literally did not feel like a World Cup to me. I mean...I seriously refuse to count it as one. The atmosphere, the excitement, the feeling, the mood, literally all of it was gone. Even when Spain won they didn't look like they cared. Just calmly put on their new jerseys and trotted off. I honestly do not want to acknowledge that piece of shit as anything more than a friendly tournament.

Spot on chap

Why the fuck do people rate 2006 above 2014 or 98? Nothing memorable about it other than le Zidane meme and any tournament being decided on penalties is a disappointment.

You lads keep complaining if you want, I'm having a comfy Yuro over me.

> won first game (Kraut abroad)
> devastating England tie
> Iceland causes Ronaldo butthurt
> Ireland drawing and only because of own goal after losing all 3 games last Yuro
> genuinely surprised by some results (other Germany losing)

I've been watching Copa America here too and there were definitely some good games. But I still don't really get the "0:1 games" are all terrible thing. I think watching Brazil steamroll Haiti 7-1 or Argentina going 5-0 against Panama is a lot less interesting...

Low scoring is good.
I couldn't stand to listen to 7 nation army 4 or 5 times per game.

While the euros haven't been quite as entertaining, I've been enjoying the copa america at least.

Although watching Iceland win 1-1 against poortugal was fun

What if the world cup were every two years instead of every four? How would you guys like it?

>attack for a bit
>score a lucky goal
>park the bus
>commit fouls whenever the opposition makes a good play

Never change Bruno

>Nothing memorable about it other than le Zidane meme
What about the battle of Nuremberg? That was comedy gold.

>Even when Spain won they didn't look like they cared

oh please

France getting knocked out in the group stage was pretty good

nah, not enough time to prepare the event and it would lose his magic

t.Otto Rehhagel

That regularly happens though
>France and Italy have been knocked out in the group stage twice each this century

Team played like shit, but Pires was ded and the gooks injured Zidane right before the tournament (fuck them).
Not as embarassing as 2010.

Pires was never quite the same after that injury. Shame.

Went from a world class/best player in the Premier League to just a very good player. The decline was pretty major.

sabe pa